Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

:: PeeLoon ::

:: tere neele neele nainon se shabnam ::
Yes, my dear Den vaasiyon, my amazing rollercoaster of a journey to GHSP started off with this amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, painful, breathtaking, EPIC episode.
::
I had never been into Indian Dramas much before GHSP .. Sure I watched a few here and there .. the first time I ever watched an Indian Drama was when I went on vacation to Qatar to meet my dad and he had all the Indian Telly channels .. and out of boredom I switched to Star Plus one day and got to watching a few soaps.. none of which were so interesting that I would invest my days and nights thinking about it .. it was more of a timepass feeling for me .. something to keep me entertained and not get bored..
I had very ugly experiences with dramas too because of the utmost horrid and stupid things I'd seen on some of them which almost made me scream in anger as to why they could never show something remotely interesting or logical ..
Then, one day, in September of 2010, as I was watching an SP drama .. a promo came on .. of a show ..
I saw a gorgeous girl wearing a yellow suit, and a man (who, dare I say, I thought did NOT look attractive the first time around -- probably because of his frown). The girl said three words: MEIN PREGNANT HOON.
At first I was not that impressed. I thought "oh .. must be another useless and illogical drama .." But.. the promo kept coming on during the breaks and it almost started to haunt me. A million questions ran through my mind.
Who are these two?
Why is the girl revealing her pregnancy in such a scared manner?
Is that man her husband? Her boyfriend?
Why is the man so angry? Is the baby not his?
The promo alone made me so restless that I decided to catch an episode. And JUST MY LUCK. I happened to land the most epic episode in all of GHSP. The girl had entered a wedding looking the most gorgeous and natural I've ever seen an Indian TV heroine look. The man, looked more gorgeous than I had thought of him to be. The way he looked at her was almost hypnotizing.. I, as well as the man, could not take my eyes off of the beauty that graced the wedding.. although she was not the bride. Then, my favourite song during those days started to play -- PeeLoon. It added such depth to the situation.. although I had no clue what was going on in the episode .. I was enchanted. I wanted to see more.. I wanted to know more. Then the sequence continued in a private area where the man romanced the girl in such a gut-wrenchingly passionate way that I got butterflies in my stomach for the FIRST time while watching an Indian SOAP. I didn't think I'd ever have such a reaction watching two people romance on screen .. but of course this was romance to the nth degree. I just could not grasp onto the emotions that were swirling in my mind when the sequence was going on. But then, by the end of the episode, the girl was about to have a breakdown. I wondered why she was crying so much even though the man clearly loved her? Then the three dreaded words were spoken: MEIN PREGNANT HOON. The man's reaction was no less than shocking and I wanted to know why he walked out of there like that. Why was he reacting so harshly? I felt I needed to know more -- and needed to know it PRONTO.
So, I frantically went on YT to search for more scenes. I happened to catch the Outhouse, Office Days and was transported to another dimension. It felt like I was in some parallel universe dedicated only to these two people -- Maan & Geet. I didn't realize these two were such a phenomena. I didn't realize there was such a hype, such a craze, such an obsession that people had had for months now. I realized I was late in the game but felt I just needed to catch up to the story and watched all Maaneet scenes on YT while getting the gist of the story through comments and conversations under the YT videos. Even though I hadn't caught the initial episodes I already felt like I had an emotional connect with Geet. I had started falling head over heels for the hunk of a Maan Singh Khurana. Never had I witnessed such amazingly shot, directed, acted scenes on Indian TV. There was something different, something unique, and something DEFINITELY special about these two and I was glad I got onto the bandwagon of Maaneetians crooning Mahiii wherever they went.
Furthermore, I watched numerous VMs to further my obsession over these two. And the fact that almost everyone was feeding us with VMs was just helping that cause. I was trapped into this vortex and it was undeniably hard to get out. Day and night I thought of Geet. I thought of Maan. I thought of Maaneet. I gave up on my social life beacuse of these two. I was always online searching away about GHSP. And one day I landed upon IF. Though I started off as a silent reader, I realized I just needed to share my views on my favourite show with everyone and finally broke my silence on November 12th, 2010. I made plenty of friends, started going to the Idiots on a daily basis and got used to writing long analyses on just about every single moment in the episodes because they were all so beautifully crafted and thought-out that it was impossible not to mention every single moment. I explored more, got to know more of the story through discussions and realized I missed a lot of fun from April - September on this forum. I cursed my luck but thanked the stars that I found this show! And with this show I found such wonderful people from all walks of life.. and I found the DEN.
I had stalked the Den previously because I just didn't have the courage to enter it because the name itself was intimidating LOL. And the pace at which it ran was so hard to catch up with .. but I broke my silence from the Den as well and finally entered and I think it was mostly because of Jyo. She had come to the Idiots and I got to talking to her over there and when I got invited to the Den I finally gathered the courage to write here. And with that I got to meet even more amazingly talented, humourous, devilish people who I don't ever regret meeting <3 It has been a rollercoaster of a ride ever since and I hope it continues that way <3
Coming to GHSP. I will not say all the things I love about this show because this space isn't enough for me to portray my love and obsession over it. My respect for Gurmeet&Drashti grew tenfold after seeing what talented, charismatic, masti-khor, dedicated people these two are compared to others I've seen. These two have a chemistry that clicked so well that I can guarantee you will not find it elsewhere. They have all the components needed to be successful AND THEN SOME. They are magic and no one can deny that <3
I will, although, tell you the one thing that kept me hooked till the last day of this show -- the unwavering, pure, untouched, DIVINE LOVE of Maaneet. This is the first couple I've seen on Indian Telly that has gone through anything and everything but has always stayed faithful to the other -- to the extent that when one was faced with ML they still ended up falling in love with each other without any third party involvement! A first on Indian TV! They went through every phase of their life together. They haven't been separated for too long at any point in their life and have become such an inspiration for those who felt life is dull and married life is even MORE dull! This is also the first married couple I have seen on Indian TV that has supported each other no matter what, that has always had undeniable TRUST on each other and has never doubted the other of their love. They somehow got through every storm (most of which were not initiated by them in particular but by Dev) and even while they were IN that storm they were with each other and when they got out of the storm they were stronger than ever and had the support of the other person. There are numerous examples of this of which one is the Pregnancy Revelation. After I saw a man accept a pregnant girl and not put any filthy accusations on her -- I fell hook, line, and sinker for not only MSK but GHSP. This show has started trends and has been the epitome of uniqueness in every aspect of its journey.
I, as a GHSPian, Maaneetian, Gurtian, feel extremely lucky to have entered and experienced Maaneet's life and journey and gone through their brightest and darkest days with them. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world!
And because of GHSP I feel lucky to have met some of the nicest, most talented people here in the Den and all over IF and FB. Truly a remarkable and amazing journey of which I'd love to be a part of again -- in the form of Season 2 (or a new show with our amazing couple) πŸ˜›
Love to all,
Z
 <3
Edited by Mk.Gh - 12 years ago
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Z
Wonderful post, and congratulations on your 10000th post.

Yes we all can proudly admit that we are maneet fans, crazy over them. It's once in a lifetime experience
roseinbloom thumbnail
Thanx Nirvy .. I was getting a bit emotional writing it cuz it just brought back all the memories <3 and thankyou! =) Wooh I have 10 000 all bcz of GHSP .. never thought I'd see the day but here it is!

Z
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@Z u rocked Ur writeup And experience. πŸ€—Congo For ur10,000 post.
roseinbloom thumbnail
Thankyou so much Richa πŸ€—

Z
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Z, Congratulations on your 10000th post!

Your write up was beautiful and made me go all mushy and gushy inside. I told you that you are the only person I know who can hyperventilate verbally but that is just a small part of the fact that you put really keen emotions and violent reactions down in words in such a way that I can imagine you saying them...even though I have no idea what your voice sounds like! πŸ˜†

And I was just checking my laptop to see what was going on before I went back to sleep (it's Saturday..woo!) but I saw your green dot and just had to wake up and pop in!

That's right, I chose you over sleep. Be honoured. πŸ˜ƒ

Hi Nirvy, Richa, and others I didn't see!
roseinbloom thumbnail
Thankyou Sammy <3  ! πŸ€—

Oh *blush* you're being way too kind!! I didn't know I could make people react to my writing in such a manner .. it feels so nice to hear you say that .. especially considering how I love the way you write and think that you have a way with words that no one else does! But thankyou 😳

Aww I do feel honoured πŸ€— .. and YAY its a Saturday but I have to wake up early today T_T .. so let's get back to sleep, shall we? LOL or you go back to sleep and I head off to sleep .. because should I stay on any longer I will get a yelling :P

Goodnight/morning everyone <3

Z
Samanalyse thumbnail
Goodnight lovely!

Everything I said is the absolute truth. Like Maaneet, our relationship is built on sachai ki neev...😳

We start mission analysis from Monday and I can't wait! πŸ˜ƒ

There is a hilarious thread on the MF where they are discussing the promos for the "new show" Geet and commenting on how dreamy the male lead, Dev is and how that stubble guy is probably a villain who will try to ruin Deveet...🀣
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Hi Sammy (can I call you that?) and Z (you are probably back to sleep!πŸ˜†)

Z I loved your story...and its so similar to mine. I live in Ausland, so I don't have any connection to Indian TV apart from Geet. So it is (not writing was because I don't believe it is over!) an unforgettable experience.

Sam: I was looking through those threads, had me cracking up laughing!πŸ˜†

hmmm...that Maan character does seem fishy...do you think he got the girl pregnant (I heard rumours about that!)😲

πŸ˜†
Samanalyse thumbnail
@Sanjana: Sure, you can call me Sammy! πŸ˜ƒ

My favourite was the theory that Maan was a poor mechanic 🀣