Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

Balaji to shift focus on movies from TV - Article

LoveTVShows thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Going forward, movie production will contribute as much to the company's revenues as TV production.

After 15,000 hours of programming on the airwaves and 80 distinct programmes that ruled the TRP charts, the 'Soap Queen' Ekta Kapoor thinks it is time to move on.
"TV doesn't have valuations. We want to build valuations and exploit growth opportunities and film seems to have that," feels Ekta Kapoor, joint managing director at Balaji Telefims.

Until now, the melodramatic soaps contributed close to 80 per cent of Balaji's revenues, but now the company wants to move from the small screen to the big one in a bid to increase profitability.

Going forward, movie production will contribute as much to the company's revenues as TV production.

"Unlike the global markets, in India a production house does not hold the intellectual rights of the shows or properties it creates' so it cannot monetize the content it creates," said Ashish Pherwani, associate director at Ernst & Young.

So far viewers have given Ekta Kapoor's filmy foray a clear thumbs up. But will investors be impressed by the new picture at Balaji? The jury is still out.

Edited by my_jaan - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-sahasra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing.

EK 😡,few days back i read some article(her interview during Pavitra Rishta leap i think) where she said that from now on she'll concentrate on her soaps n will give break to movie production and now this article-sach mein duniya mein Ekta mayya-one piece wonder😆

LoveTVShows thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I heard from some where that she is producing some 4 to 5 new show for channels like Life OK, Sony TV, Zee Tv, Colors TV and Sab TV in next 6 months .