rayadallie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
 I do not know if its the right way to seek advice from the moderators but I will try.

I would like for the moderators to at least define what is meant by 'BASHING' and 'PERSONAL ATTACK' in the forum.

I feel if there are no proper definitions for such phrase and words, then there will always be confusion in the forum because as I see it at the moment, is that everyone has a different meaning for what these terms means.

Sometimes, I find it hard to believe some statements that persons would refer to as personal attacks and bashing of actors and actresses. It is sometimes beyond my intelligence. For a better developed forum where everyone can interact then there need to be some clear cuts definitions for certain things so that the moderators can actually be consistent in their pronouncements and not just pronounce based on someone making a report.

It just my suggestion for a better and interactive forum.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

April2007 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rayadallie

I do not know if its the right way to seek advice from the moderators but I will try.

I would like for the moderators to at least define what is meant by 'BASHING' and 'PERSONAL ATTACK' in the forum.

I feel if there are no proper definitions for such phrase and words, then there will always be confusion in the forum because as I see it at the moment, is that everyone has a different meaning for what these terms means.

Sometimes, I find it hard to believe some statements that persons would refer to as personal attacks and bashing of actors and actresses. It is sometimes beyond my intelligence. For a better developed forum where everyone can interact then there need to be some clear cuts definitions for certain things so that the moderators can actually be consistent in their pronouncements and not just pronounce based on someone making a report.

It just my suggestion for a better and interactive forum.

Thanks for asking this question on the public forum so that all of us can read and understand the way rules are being applied and then decide whether we want to participate on the forum or not..

I see member of mod group bashing (according to the rules applied by mod for non mods) and get away with it but if anybody else even writes anything it is deemed as personal and is given warning ( warning somebody is very insulting)  because the person you are engaging in discussion happens to be from the mod group..

I have minimized my participation because of the way mod team works.many threads are started by the members of mod group to increase the participation..I will be stay away from such topics started by the members of mod group at all cost...mod group can preach each other and apply the bashing and personal attacks rules on themselves...

Once again thanks for raising this..
Edited by April2007 - 12 years ago
rayadallie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: April2007

Thanks for asking this question on the public forum so that all of us can read and understand the way rules are being applied and then decide whether we want to participate on the forum or not..

I see member of mod group bashing (according to the rules applied by mod for non mods) and get away with it but if anybody else even writes anything it is deemed as personal and is given warning ( warning somebody is very insulting)  because the person you are engaging in discussion happens to be from the mod group..

I have minimized my participation because of the way mod team works.many threads are started by the members of mod group to increase the participation..I will be stay away from such topics started by the members of mod group at all cost...mod group can preach each other and apply the bashing and personal attacks rules on themselves...

Once again thanks for raising this..

You are welcome April. I notice that the moderators  and other senior members does not care to comment on this post. I would assume its because they do not have a response as there are no clear definition for the words and terms and that they apply the rules selectively.
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

here are the rules which are made by my fellow DT member, that could answer your queries.

Derogatory name calling/bashing/personal attacks:  Making any personal attacks or derogatory names calling against members, actors, characters, or CVs is not acceptable. Please know the difference between bashing and criticism. Dislike, criticism, disagreement or contradiction are not considered bashing. Only direct comments with the full and clear intention to put down in a derogatory manner is considered bashing.
a.       Here are some examples
Not Bashing
Bashing
OMG! 'X' is totally confused, I don't get her.
OMG! 'X' is such a clueless b**ch, only an a$$ would like her
What is the big deal with 'X', he can't act and I find him ugly. His character is cheap too.
'X' is such a cheap s**t. Why do they have an ugly freak like him on the show.
I don't know how any reasonable person can even think of supporting adultery, it's just wrong and not done.
Only cheap s**ts and people with no morals can support something sick like adultery.
The writers are losing it and coming up with very weak plotlines. It's totally stupid and pointless, they better get their act straight soon.
Are a bunch of bonehead bozos writing this show? Where do they come up with this crap from.

)     Personal lives & Non DMG topics: This section is only intended for the discussion of the showRMJ  and topics related to it. Any topics or posts about the personal lives of the actors or makers outside the show will not be allowed unless it has a clear and direct relationship to the show. Any topics or posts judging or commenting on the personal life of the people who play the characters will not be allowed. While certain issues are related to RMJ, if you want to discuss issues like morality, censorship, marriage and relationships on a broader scope beyond the limitations of the show please take it to other appropriate discussion sections.

Instigation: Recently we have had a spate of topics opened with the sole purpose of riling up fans and disrupting decorum of the forum. This includes but is not limited to stories, theories, comparisons, images, cartoons or other content which is intentionally sarcastic, mocking and derogatory to cause discontent and rile people up.  While there is no hard and fast rule on which topic can incite fans, it is pretty evident when members ' especially MID new comers are attempting to cause chaos. At the same time simply because there is an instigating topic does not mean that other members should respond and carry on such a topic.
a.       Topics created to instigate fan groups or cause chaos in the forums will be closed and addressed per Dev Teams discretion
b.      The Dev Team will also take appropriate stringent action based on our zero tolerance policy
c.       Regular members are expected to refrain from commenting on responding to such topics and posts. Members who continue to comment and extend such arguments will be held liable for continuing and adding to the instigation
d.      If you find a topic to be instigating report and stop at that. Do not reply, argue, or talk

Discussing IF or Dev Team:  Topics comparing/criticizing India Forums in relation to other forums or criticizing the Dev Team are prohibited.
a.       Discussing IF: We realize there are several different forums on the internet. Each forum is different and runs on different principles. At India Forums we try to make rules that we feel is best suited for our forums and the direction we want to go. We welcome members to post comments/suggestions as well as constructive criticism in the comments/suggestions section, and we do try to incorporate your ideas. However, the RMJ section is not a place for such topics. Nor do we welcome negative comparison. Posting on an online forum is a privilege not a right. You have the choice to choose which forum you want to be on, we have a choice to choose how we want to run our forums.
b.      Discussing Dev Team: We understand that sometimes you have questions/concerns over how we handle things. Sometimes you may disagree with the way we have handled a situation. We definitely do not want any member feeling ignored or mistreated. We want to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and all sides are heard objectively. However, we require that you do not create topics within the forum questioning or criticizing RMJ DT members. This creates arguments, chaos, a sense of mistrust and negative atmosphere. If you have a grievance PM us and let us discuss with you. You may approach someone else in the DT if you are not comfortable with one of us. 

===========================================================================

Now coming back to your query :-

Too many posts on the same content are being created just for the purpose of insitagting others. While some people take it in a normal way others don't. You have full right to entitle your view but just keep these rules in your mind before going ahead. We don't tolerate members to cross limits and become personal while discussing show. Members have no right to to take pot shot at others. Remember if you are free to entitle to post your opinion, so the others are. Recently,  members made so many posts on bashing hetal, and they were not acceptable. And please contact me for further issue, don't create topics for such queries.

Closed.

RMJ DT