Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 9)

leverne IF-Stunnerz
leverne
leverne

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
will download teh epi and come back with analysis

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15Samanalyse

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
@USManeetian: I know! It's hard not to like Dev when he is all suave and chivalrous. I finally understand all those old pro-Dev-Geet post in the back of the forum. Shocked

Don't throw things at me! ROFL

@Paro: Glad you could be here! I know, I am seeing the time and feeling a strange emptiness. But this thread is sure helping! Big smile

@Paro and Nirvy: It's actually a huge debate in literature as to whether we should analyse the intentions of the authours/makers when we analyse the finished product. I personally choose not to think about whether the CVS intended it or not, but just take it at face value. But some of them, i believe are intentional, like the more literal ones.

Oh I just thought of another one!

Brij's mom compared raising a daughter to grinding masala, that is the perfect ingredients ground into each other for a finished product. i feel like the pounding signifies the oppressive brainwashing that goes on to make girls docile, obedient and "perfect wife material".

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

jyoti06shammoTRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15ISHQSalmanSepriyachandsumaiya-kay

Mishti13 IF-Rockerz
Mishti13
Mishti13

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged
thanks for analyzing from the beginning...loved it
really great start didnt notice the symbolization that u have mentioned. great one dear 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15SamanalyseISHQSalmanSe

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluerose1889

Here's the link to the written update -

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1371374

@samana
I think we should add the written update link to the video post.

I just pasted the WU under the video, of course mentioning the person who wrote it originally. I think that is easier than trying to shuttle between two posts. I will add that to the planning post as part of the procedure from now on... Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jyoti06TRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15bluerose1889ISHQSalmanSe

Beena_g Goldie
Beena_g
Beena_g

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Hi..loved all your analysis..
I too skipped the killing part when i watched it for first time..But this time while i was watching my heart was beating so heavily..Liked the eye contact when Brij was about to kill her...Brij had no regret of doing it..he has his own rules which he applies for every one..
Each and every character was nicely picturised..Women in the house was doing all house chore thing and was not allowed to interact with outside world,and men are the decision maker especially Darjee n Brij.And no one was allowed to speak in between..They also showed the soft side of geet father indicating that though he was made to follows the rule,but he is does not believe in it.It was he who told chunni brother to go in search of her,while chunni bro  is the one among them who killed her.It indicates that they dint mind killing their own blood in the name honour and society..its so insane.Its feels so bad to see it..Geet character was so nicely pictured.her love for her cousins..never to  accept the defeat..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jyoti06TRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201SamanalyseISHQSalmanSe

swan20 IF-Sizzlerz
swan20
swan20

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
I just realized i hadn't watched this episode completely...Shocked Had seen Geet's parts but not the rest. Its great to catch up with these episodes once again. Thanks Samana for taking this initiative...Big smile

The first scene was very chilling. Very brave of the CVs to start a show on this note. It set the tone for the entire premise of the story...Honor killing!!!

Geet's introduction scene was very sweet. I loved how they played the title track on her. She was such an innocent, free spirited girl unaware of the hardships that were awaiting her...Cry

Brij and Darjee's characters were established right from the outset. In the 1st episode itself we get an idea how narrow minded and orthodox they were.

Samana...i loved your dupatta symbolism. Dev was the cause of her honor getting tainted and despite his feeble attempts to set things right he never could give Geet back her lost honor. In contrast Maan right from the outset willingly or unwillingly was responsible for protecting her and her honor...Embarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

jyoti06asmi123TRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201SamanalyseISHQSalmanSesumaiya-kay

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

jyoti06shammoTRULYOURSLily201nirvanica15ISHQSalmanSeSamanalysesumaiya-kayswan20

jyoti06 Global Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Costumes ,sets ,camerawork,direction ,editing ...everything was just so perfect in these episodes ...CVs started the show with a lots of promise ...wish we could hv seen the same dedication towards the end too Ouch

And yup the dupatta symbolism actually started right from the first episode and this is one aspect which CVs kept consistent right till the end ..Dupatta always played a cruicial role in Geet's life and only Maan was given the exclusive rights on Geet's dupatta till the very end of the show Tongue...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123TRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201lamssumaiya-kaySamanalyseISHQSalmanSeroseinbloomswan20

Go to top