Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 37)

TRULYOURS Senior Member
TRULYOURS
TRULYOURS

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 9:09am | IP Logged
@geetaddict: thank you so much for liking my tutta phutta analysis... even i like these emoticons so much that i am trying my hand in this and besides i cant analyze so good like how others do here Wink

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shammogeetaddictLily201nirvanica15Samanalyse

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by geetaddict

@Jyothi this question is for you.These are question I sometimes ask myself. Do reply if you get to see this post.  Do we want a sequeal to Geet? In which case I always thought even with their inconsistencies and kanjoosi the PH did a great job and much as I love GC and DD I think the directors do share a part in what we got to see on screen and so will a different PH with their directors be able to do a fair job. Of course the story should get better otherwise it is not fair do make 2 good actors do stuff that make them completely bored. Somebody was suggesting Swati and I read somewhere that she was writing the story for RBO and its story was also all over the place. So I don't know who will be able to do a fair job?Or do we want the same actors do a completely different serial in which case they will not be Maan and Geet. So will that be fine?

I know in a practical sense these questions may not matter and the actors definitely are going to do what they think is best  for them but i guess these are my ramblings. So anyone who can make any sense whatsoever of these questions do feel free to reply. something to do during the break.

Again wish you all a very Happy New Year. 

Firstly I feel as fans its our right to demand for something we believe in ...rest of the responsibility is on channel and PH to fulfill the demand of the fans because at the end of the day if they give us what we want ,then we too give them the much needed fame and popularity which they want Embarrassed...so nothing is coming as charity here. ..its pure give and take businessTongue ...so its not our headache to think what will b the story or who is the best person to execute it ...As fans all we want is a season 2 of Geet with same actors ...we can only hope that if season 2 happens,then it will have a better storyline and all the blunders which were done in season 1 will not b repeated again in season 2. ..whether they succeed or not ,depends on them ...whether we succeed or not depends on us LOL...and whether both succeed or not depends on destiny LOLLOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoTRULYOURSgeetaddictnirvanica15mila1Lily201Samanalyseshali

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 28 December 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Samana thanks a lot for the note Hug

Wishing all a very happy and prosperous new year HugHugHug

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoTRULYOURSmila1Lily201nirvanica15-richierich-Samanalyse

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone. Could not come to the thread before. Have been busy. Got some time now and decided to pick up from where I had left. Finished watching the 3rd episode and read everyone's take on it. Loved everything everyone had written. 
My take on the 3rd episode:
Yet another beautiful episode that showcased the condition of Geet stuck between her family's decision and her own wishes. Beautifully portrayed by Drashti, Geet again left deep impact on my heart. The things that stood out for me are : Darjee's comment that one needs to change to keep up with the changing times;Dev's family's insistence of holding the wedding at another village, 6 hours away from Geet's home; Dev's request to talk to Geet alone and Geet's reaction to this; Geet getting hurt on her foot and Dev tying a handkerchief around it and again Geet's reaction to this act; and finally Geet's pov about the match that she does not want to go to Canada.
Darjee, being the orthodox patriarch ,surprised me when he allowed Dev talk to Geet , sying that one had to change according to the changing time. This man, a few minutes back had refused to acknowledge Geet's choice, saying that the elders decided and the youngers followed. Is he really giving in to the changing time? or just keeping the groom to be happy?
When Dev's family insisted in holding the wedding elsewhere, it had created a doubt in my mind even when I had watched it for the first time. In fact, their behavior was very fishy, why it didn't raise any flags in the minds of Geet's family makes me feel sad at the thought that girls are considered to be a weight to be disposed off at the first available opportunity.
Dev's request in wanting to talk to Geet alone surprised Geet. It broke my heart to see Geet's expression. She must have started to think Dev was a Godsend as she never had come across a male who wanted to hear a woman's pov. Since, I know the story, it just broke my heart to see how Dev was giving Geet the importance and care which will make her eventually submit ot him so trustingly. Why was Dev trying to win her heart? If their intention was only to gain money, then why was he closing on Geet's heart? Is it because he is a womaniser and lives on the excitement of wooing a woman and making her give herself up to him? or was he unconsciously drawn to Geet's innocence and could not help himself? I have read all your discussions regarding this matter and I feel more angry at how Dev was portrayed later on. NT did plan with him to get him married but he wooing Geet and sleeping with her taking advantage of he innocence is completely on his shoulders alone. Why he was later on released scott free, I still cannot fathom.
Geet getting hurt and Dev tying the handkerdhief around the wound again took Geet by surprise and definitely made an impression in her heart. But, I was happy when she did not take his hand while getting up from her fall due to the hurt. It was symbolic in the sense that she rose by herself when Dev had hurt her. Going back to the episodes, I can now see these small nuances that will gradually lead us to the wider picture of how things take shape later on in the serial.
Loved everyone's performance, specially Drashti's
Samana, I also wished they had shown Geet getting a closure with Mohinder. I would have loved her to know how he indirectly helped her by letting  Pinky's  dad take her under his wings whend she had come to Delhi for the first time away from her family and all alone. I would have loved to see her bask in Maan and Mohinder's love--the two most important men in a girl's life. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

geetaddictnirvanica15priyachandshali

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
The 4th episode goes on to show how Dev's acts to impress Geet touched her. She was not used to men being so caring. So Dev's concern touched her. That's why when her mother says that Babaji made them a jodi, she was contemplating on the marriage. Her mother's distraught behavior at her outspokenness unnerved her. Its sad how nobody reacted to Dev's family's insistence on keeping the engagement a secret from the community. Only Mohinder objected but his objections were spruned just like that. I was so angry when Brij said that Geet being a girl was problem in itself. Unfortunately, that is what a lot of people still think specially in rural areas due to which we see such sad incidents occurring regularly.
Channi's mother's cries were heart wrenching. The way Brij almost admits to being responsible in the dealings with Channi's disappearance, clearly etches his character which will be revealed to us later. But, the overall picture of how women were subdued is very well depicted in this episode. 
A good build up to events to come.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

geetaddictnirvanica15

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
The episode starts with heart wrenching cries of Channi's mother. A mother's curse makes Rano put her hands over her ears since she herself is a mother of a girl. Darjee seems not to be involved in this heinous crime although he doubts Brij to be involved. Brij denies any involvement. Dev's family comes in that inopportune moment making everyone wary that they might refuse to go through with the marriage seeing all this. But, Dev and his family in their charming best, wins over Geet and her family.
At this point, my heart bled to see Geet fall for his charms. She was pleasantly surprised by his gentlemanly behavior since she was not used to such from the men she knew. We as viewers, if we already hadn't known the story would fall for Dev. But, something was not right and it could be felt that something ominous is about to happen as Channi's mother's curse was still ringing in our ears.
The precap shows Brij beating up Dev. I wished it had scared him off! 
Can't wait for Maan's entry! Didn't know it would be so difficult to watch the initial episodes. My heart goes out to Geet and girls like her. Wish everyone of them had a Maan in their lives. 

geetaddictnirvanica15

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
I hated Dev in this episode. What a cold calculated criminal he is! Knowing how innocent Geet is and how dangerous it is for her to meet him, he meets her outside so that her reputation is compromised. I despise him. He tries to wiggle into Geet's heart . How could he knowing what he was going to do to her later. I am pretty much sure that he was attracted to her innocent charm,her guileless beauty. He was getting pulled by her beauty and that is why he wormed into her heart so that he can rob her off her innocence later. The beast!
I loved to see him getting beaten by Brij. I am getting wary of the episodes ahead. Will I have the guts to see Geet's pain again? Waiting eagerly for Maan.

geetaddictnirvanica15

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 29 December 2011 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
The manipulative Dev eventually wins. He wanted Darjee to suggest the quick wedding and he did. Unfortunately luck favored Dev in the for m of the police officer who questions him about his wounds and he saves Brij from the hands of the police. By doing so he wins over the family's trust and respect. Geet who was already impressed by his attentions towards he was overwhelmed at this act. 
The reflection of how naive Geet is, is reflected on the scenes where she tells Rajji that Brij could not have killed Channi. The Roka ceremony happens and we see a glimpse of NT's evil smile.

@Samana, Iloved your comparison between Maan and Dev .Right of wrong, irrespective of the situation, circumstance or the relationship of the people  involved, Maan always stood by the right and so did Geet.
The idea of break is good. Will come back on the 4th if I can to read all your takes.

@all . I have read everyone's takes and loved all of them. I loved to hear your conversation regarding something.

@all A very happy prosperous new year to you too.

geetaddictnirvanica15

Go to top