Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@ Samana:

I agree with u on Dev's dialogue.. all OTT n corny.. I was actually rolling my eyes.. during d whole scene...
That why I liked Maan so much...not d Chanda Mama wala.. even he was OTT in that.. but d angry, business one.. less talk.. all attitude...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@ Nirvi:
Dev had all.. personal n selfish motives.. behind impressing Geet...

@ Paro.. Priya.. Richa..n all: enjoyed reading ur takes...😊

@ Pennu: 
The precap.. n also d actual scene.. brought in a virtual Tsunami...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

A request to all.. if everyone is around.. then pls do continue posting n analysing the epi even on weekend.. for d OBVIOUS reason...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

shammo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@Samana. Thanks for the WU and the episode video.

Now my thoughts about the episode:

I don't know what you all think, but, after watching this episode, I somehow felt that Dev was getting enamored by Geet. He, probably subconsciously was being drawn towards Geet due to her guileless beauty. Her innocence was refreshing to him compared to the cunning Nayantara. I just felt it during their telephonic conversation and the last scene where Dev was touched by Geet's pain at seeing her dad's humiliation. I felt that at both times, he acted out of what he felt instantly. About him wooing Geet, that was probably his womanizer hormones kicking in but in these two instances, I strongly felt he was taken in by Geet's sweetness and innocence.
It saddened me to see Mohinder getting humiliated for being a caring and protective dad. This might be a case in so many households where the elders have the final say and everyone accepts even their wrong decision with heads bowed down. About this lady informer, what I feel is that she was Nayantara's setup to make the plan foolproof. The whole marriage thing was a hush hush affair. Even the match maker was not present in the arrangements. How did this lady come to know of Geet's marriage proposal and most importantly, whom to call. How did she know that Mohinder will take the bait? How did she know his number? Why was Nayantara there in the market so early in the morning? I think she was there to identify Mohinder for the the lady to go up and speak to. Because of this incident, Daarjee and the rest of the family will be ashamed and let down their guards to give Dev and his family enough time to vanish into the thin air. Otherwise, a similar chase might have taken place as we had witnessed after the jewelry were handed over. But, whatever the plan behind all this, I was so sad seeing Mohinder in that condition. It broke my heart to see him and to see Geet's pain. 
About Dev saying "I love you" to Geet at this early stage, makes me realise why the CVs made Maan take so much time to say those three words. To make us feel the depth of the feeling and the true meaning of those words. I guess that is why Maan had told Geet that their feeling for each other is so deep that it cannot depend upon those three words. Thanks to Barry Dhillon for that wonderful dialogue at Pindi Queen's party. 
And that ufff!!!! precap! That wonderful 'Chup!" Looking forward to Maan's entry.
shammo thumbnail
[QUOTE=Samanalyse] 

When he said he took out all the thorns, i was reminded of the scene after KH when Geet tries to give Maan flowers and is pricked by the thorn. Maan does not make any false promises that he will take all the thorns away, but when the thorns do come he will be there to help her face them, no matter how much he was just shouting at her, and to destroy the thorn that hurt her.

@ Samana , loved this.
shammo thumbnail
 I am in a complete loss as to what motivated Dev to do all these things, Geet's family would have still got her married even without Dev being extra sweet to Geet. The family doesn't even take Geet's opinion on this, so it puzzles me why Dev did all this to make Geet fall for him...

@Nirvanica, I have the same question. I don't understand. Only thing is that it is his womanizer hormones kicking in. I think these will make him more of a criminal in our eyes and that is why it was so difficult to digest the saint Dev. My question is if the CVs had intended to have our hatred risen at such a high degree for Dev, why in the world did they change their path later on?
shammo thumbnail
@ nirvanica and Samana, about DD looking darker in these episodes, I remember Hrishikesh Gandhi during one of his interviews had said how he had used different sets of lighting for the different set ups; how the office set ups were more glossier because Maan and Geet were falling in love at that time and how the HP days the lightings were grimmer given the drama situation unfolding at that time.
shammo thumbnail
@ All. loved all the takes.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 β˜ΊοΈEPISODE 11☺️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoCYuyf9Y8[/YOUTUBE]

Written Update (Credit to -bhootni-)

Precap: Daaji asks Mahinder to apologize to Dev's family since he doubted them...Mahinder aplogozies to them while Geet is sad because he has folded his hands.

Now for the episode:

Dev's mom walks in anger thinking back at Dolly's words about a woman calling them to tell them about Dev and his family. And then she remembers Dev going up to Mahinder and saying let's just end this matter while Naintra said that they have no ill feelings toward Mahinder after that she remembers her own words. She seems to be really scared when Naintra puts her hand on her shoulder...she slowly turns around while Naintra asks her what's wrong? Dev's mom is freaked out and says what if that woman had recognized us then? Naintra smiles and says calm down mommyji when DM yells Shanti! It's peace that we don't have...she was definately the same woman. Remember last time when we went to see the other girl...Oh Rabba what are you making us do? Please forgive me...please forgive my kids! If that woman had opened her mouth in front of that shareef family (they are shareef? from which angle?) what would have happened? Naintra says how would she open her mouth? Mommyji looks at her shocked...I am the one who went to the market early in the morning to shut her mouth with money (wait how did she know that Mahinder was going to meet that lady in the bazaar?) For some reason the dialouge is repeated three times...Kamya comes in clapping while DM is shocked! Kamya says wow parjaji you are great! You saved all our lives...right mom? DM is not happy and looks worried...Kamya asks what's wrong? Naintra answers that mommyji is freaked out...she puts her hand on DM's hand and says mommyji we're not going to let anything bad from happening even I know that this small mistake could be really costly for us and even you know this very well. So please keep yourself in control and now let's go before they come here looking for us...let's leave! DM leaves in anger as Kamya and Naintra are happy with the turn out.

Everybody is going in a car to the mela...Dev and Geet are in the same car. Geet remembers her dad apologizing to Dev and his family. Dev moves the rearview mirror to look at Geet who has her head down in sadness. Kamya notices Dev looking at Geet and says why are you looking at her slyly...she tells him to look ahead. Dev says oh I was just looking at the smile of your bhabhi that went into a hiding is back or not. Geet gives a small smile and says that it's not like that. Dev says Geet please don't be sadden...whatever uncleji did was right and still he was forced to aplogize. Geet says daaji...but Dev interupts and says that maybe he doesn't understand that if one has a naive girl like you then not only uncleji but even daaji should be fully satisfied before getting you married to me. Naintra smiles and looks at DM who is worried. Dev is still looking at Geet through the mirror when she looks up and smiles. Naintra says Devji I didn't know that you were this romantic. Dev smiles and turns on the music "Tujh mein rab diktha hai" comes on as they both look at each other.

They all arrive at the mela as the song continues to play...I guess Kamya yells Mela!!...nvm it was Dolly! She is really excited to see the rides. Dev sits down with the rest of the men (minus taayji who is with Dolly and Titu) while Geet and him look each other...chupke chupke. Geet wants to run to him when he burns his tongue while drinking hot tea but stop herself. Rajji notices this and comes to Geet...she stares at both Geet and Dev who are both busy stealing glances at each other. Geet looks at Rajji who says I know everything now can we go get bangles? They both come to a bangle stall when Geet says Rajji glass bangles...let's get them for Maa...(oh Rajji is Tayya's daughter aka Geet's cousin) Rajji says yes chachiji loves glass bangles...she asks for green and blue bangles. Geet says if we are buying...let's buy for taaiji as well...she asks the shopkeeper to give the red bangles as well. Rajji wants to go see the duppatas (ughh freaking duppattas!) Rajji likes a duppata and says it's perfect for Dolly parjaji...when Geet asks what should I buy for dev's family? Rajji teases her and says that isn't everything available in Canada? so what will you give them? Geet is worried as Rajji thinks...Dev interupts while Geet is hyperventilating and Rajji exclaims jiji in excitement...she asks Geet to turn around. Geet slowly turns around to face Dev. Dev says that get Ganpatti ki murti for mommyji and bangles for Bhabhi and Kamya. Rajji makes an excuse that her mom is calling her  Geet tries to stop her...she leaves not before waving to Dev. He comes to Geet and says that you got something for everyone...you didn't buy anything for yourself? Do you always take care of people like this? Why are you blushing? When geet interupts and says no but stops in the middle of her sentence. Dev says thank goodness at least you looked at me when Geet lowers her gaze again. Dev says you haven't bought anything for yourself but you didn't buy anything for me either...right? Geet looks worried as Dev continues...it means you think of me as your's...Geet looks up and they both smile 😳. Geet tries to leave but Dev catches her hand 😲 Geet looks worried and holds onto the side of her dress in nervousness...she looks like she is about to cry. She says that somebody will see them like this...Dev looks around and lets go of her hand. She runs away as Dev calls out to her and thinks dammit I think she got angry. She keeps running and then stops to look back...she looks at her hand and blushes. Dolly taps her on the back when she turns around in shock...Dolly asks what to do...tell tell πŸ˜† When a girl blushes as she stands alone then admit it kk hogya ji. It even happened to me...Geet says dhat parjaiji...Dolly says what dhat πŸ˜† when she hears some guy saying come and find out your future from a parrot. She takes Geet along with her to know their future.

Rano sees that Kamya likes something and asks her to take two of them...since you won't get them in Canada. Kamya says yes we don't get these things in our...but Nainatra interupts her and says Canada mein (so I guess they are not from Canada...arre kyun mere mulk ka naam badnaam karrahe ho awni free mein!) Rano says take more.

The Parrot baba says Geet and asks the parrot to tell the future of Geet...the parrot pickes a card...the baba looks at it and says ooh congratulations your humsafar is going to come into your life today (lol guess Maan is her hero then...chaloji next time) Geet and Dolly look shocked when Dolly says that he is not going to come...he has already arrived. the pandit says oh if he is here already no matter...take this taveez and make him wear it and babaji will always bless you both. Geet looks at the pendant and thinks back at the words of Dev who said you didn't buy anything for me either right? Dolly and Geet leave...lol not before Dolly says bye bye to the parrot! πŸ˜† Titu comes and says you both are sitting here and I've been looking all over for you both. C'mon let's go everyone is ready to leave and Brij bhaiyya is calling both of you! Dolly says let's go then when are we delaying πŸ˜†. Rajji comes running to Geet and says that I have to deliever Ranjha's message to Heer...I am the one who always get into trouble. He has called you behind some place and wants to talk to you. Dev waits for Geet as she walks to meet him...he gets angry at himself for holding her hand. I guess she is really angry and won't come...as she walks toward him...some guys start to misbehave with her. She runs away and both of them miss seeing each other. Dev walks away as she comes...Geet doesn't find him and gets worried thinking where is he. Dev comes back to the car..Dev's mom asks where Geet is..he says that she is sitting in the other car while Raajji says the same to Rano. Dev asks Rajji about Geet but she just motions him thumbs up which he interprets as she is in the car. Geet goes toward the car but hears an announcement (sorry it was in punjabi...lol I would have told you what the guy said if it was in Bihari :P) the guys come back to Geet to tease her...Geet runs away and tries to look for her family. She notices everyone leaving and wonders where everyone went. She runs around looking for them...when the guys come again and tease her.

She starts to run again as they chase her...when she bumps into...who do you think :P πŸ˜‰ MAAN OR ARJUN...(what is his name anyways?) Time stops and so do the goondas as she looks at him pleadingly. Wow she is holding on to his collars as he looks at her with an expression that says...get away from me! (Okay I get it who it is can they just show his face already!!) And the end!!!!!

Precap: He gets out of the water holding Geet in his arms...wow they have thier own BG already! She is yelling help when he tells her to be quiet. πŸ˜† Didn't know Geet knew how to drive a jeep...she is seen driving one...I am guessing she steals his...poor guy! Okay she can't really drive and runs into a tent...and I guess he is the one in it! Wow he stops the car by pushing against it...πŸ˜†πŸ˜•

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
MAAANN!!!

Ok so he so wasn't supposed to be the highlight of the episode but he WAS! This episode was the entry of TWO pivotal characters, Maan and...the Taveez. And my stomach started doing a happy dance at each entry because I know what is coming!

So this episode it was revealed that they are indeed cheaters who are out for Geet's money and the lady who was about to tell the truth was silenced by NT! It is actually ambiguous as to whether Dev is in on the plot at this point so I guess Dev-Geet shippers would have still hoped or assumed that Dev was good and the women of his family were cheaters. I like how they are building the story up really slowly so that we, along with Geet are encouraged to trust Dev more and more and sort of rely on him to be Geet's saviour both in his own family and from hers.

Dev certainly has his flirt on doesn't he? And a song sequence to boot! I don't know if I am biased, I probably am, but I have always thought that the lyrics of that song were really OTT so for me it suited Dev completely as his whole manner of courtship is really corny. I love the way they use such tired cliches for the Dev-Geet romance, such as the rearview mirror, which is interesting when you see how fresh and original the Maaneet romance was. Or maybe their chemistry just made all the cliches look original? Ierno.

Geet and Rajji were very sweet, buying something for their mothers and just generally having a good time. I guess these are the simple pleasures that Geet enjoys despite her oppressive life, that makes for such an important aspect of her character. In this trait, I see a lot of her father in her after the episodes we have watched. Her situation might not be ideal, given that she has to leave her family and go in a few days, and that too to Canada, but that doesn't stop her from enjoying the moments she does have in the present.

Dev is clearly smitten with Geet, otherwise why would he be so concerned as to whether she was angry with him or not?

For me the episode was once again a foreshadowing of what is to come in the story. Geet leaves her family to meet Dev because he calls her and she trusts him to be there (ie her marriage) but then before she comes, he leaves, rendering her very much alone. Both he and her family assume the other has taken responsibility for her and completely abandon her in a deserted mela, to fend for herself for the first time in her very sheltered life. I cried for Geet and really felt her deep fear when she was left all alone, at the mercy of the goons and found it very interesting and ironic that she threatens them with Brij's wrath. If shows the deep interdependence of the patriarchal system they all live under. Yes, Darjee and Brij are oppressive misogynists but they also protect their women from any contact with the real world. It's a very different system from what we are used to but one that works for them and that they believe in very strongly. Anyway, so both of them assume the other has responsibility for her and leave her all alone and incidentally, in a very sticky situation and who should she meet but... MAAN! And of course she is immediately connected to him by the taveez.

I guess we know from the very outset that he is no ordinary knight in shining armour as barely acknowledges the desperate girl clinging to his shirt.

Oh man all the angle badal badalna before we saw Maan's face was almost as torturous as when we kept wanting a camera angle kiss at the end.
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Samana for posting the episode. Of course it is Maanday in more ways than oneπŸ˜ƒ. So posting my thoughts.

Maybe because they wanted to end this episode with the jhakaas entry of our dear Maan, I felt the pace of this episode was a little slow or maybe I was just impatient to see the Dhusht Dhanav😳. So they make it crystal clear in this episode that Dev's family is after the money though Pammi seems very nervous about it and Dev was not till now a direct part of the cheat meet. So a first time viewer may still be rooting in his favour.
 I was correct about it being NT's master plan though I did not guess it was the same lady but she was paid to keep her mouth shut. But then why go through this elaborate charade?πŸ˜• She could have just made sure the lady did not meet Geet's dad. Maybe to increase their credibility and Geet's family's guilt factor. NT is a cool vamp but Kamya almost seems like a psychopath who thinks putting a girl's future in peril is very funny.
As they travel towards their destination Dev gives creepily romantic looks to Geet and you can already see NT getting frustrated by his extra attention. She was glaring at him everytime he was trying to eye Geet. They reach the mela and a lot of passtime and more of Dev's gag-inducing OTT romance.How sick that he calls his own wife Bhabhi but it is also funny because even after marrying Geet she too later on becomes his real Bhabhi. πŸ˜†Thats fate or karma for you I guess. When he caught hold of Geet I wanted to take Brij's talwar and chop his hand right there😑. How dare he the creep. 😑

At many places I felt there was some dubbing issues in the sense the voices were someone elses and not Dev's and Rajji's -VDs (like BDs)I guess.😊
Dolly ji thusee don't know yet. The parrot was correct.Geet's humsafar will be meeting her only today😳 and she gets the tabeez. The tabeez goes on to play such an important role in this story that its intro makes me as emotional as Maan's entry.

And of course Dev abandons her this time unknowingly. What struck me was that the villians were also very professional in their acting. They were really good and scary and their dialogues were so naturally delivered. Geet runs right into her future. And oooh ma I don't know who is hotter NP maan or Maan in that hoodie. He looked scarier than those bad guys and so hot. I wonder why they didn't let him wear such cool clothes later on rather than so many of those Gajini style suits.πŸ˜’ One more minus point for dress dada. 😑
Again the precap. Sabar ka fal meetha hotha hei. So will wait and watch one of the best scenes ever shot in Geet tomorrow.😊
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Samana Oh my!!our first paras are almost a ditto. It is funny because I wrote it yesterday  .Did you do it earlier too?
I like the way you have analysed Geet's actions in the mela.I guess I was too impatient to see Maan to have paid so much of attention to the goings on during the mela. And I liked the symbolism you saw in Dev abandoning her when she trusted him.
Watinng to read everyone elses takes.