Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shammo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@geetaddict. No dear, I am not a lit grad. I wish I could write like a lit grad,though, I am glad you thought me one. Thanks.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hello all!

I loved reading all your takes on the preca---I mean the episode. ๐Ÿ˜†

EEE!!! Maan in the precap! How I have missed him!

Ok now to focus on the present. I guess my prediction was right because Darjee did end up trusting Dev's family even more after this episode, especially after they bought their own jewellery for Geet. Dev is really painting himself as the perfect suitor and the family is falling deeper and deeper into his charming trap. As we find out later on, the idea may have been NT's but Dev definitely had a huge hand in the execution of it. After watching this episode, I can understand why Geet is so reluctant to believe he cheated her later, because her family have already suspected him of cheating and he has kept her bharosa and proved them wrong here. It was wonderful to see how Geet is least impressed by all the presents but has utmost appreciation only for the fact that Dev didn't prove her faith misplaced. It shows her priorities.

So Lasagna, huh? I loved Geets conversation with her mother. It showed her mother's character as someone who loves Geet deeply but whose own world view is too limited to wish her anything but a good marriage as that is all she knows herself. The women gathered around, talking about this exciting new event was so sweet and their laughter and tears were something we have not really been shown yet, as the picture has been showing the whole family. We got a glimpse of how smart and well-read Geet actually is when compared to say, her bhabhi and how much her father has invested in her education and how much she herself has paid attention to knowing about the world outside, taking his advice seriously. Geet knows that Lasagna is Italian and that noodles are Chinese, for example.

Watching these episodes really made me realise that Geet's family can't be blamed for getting her married to the wrong person. Of course, they are to blame for the way they chose to deal with the reality of the crime later, but not for the marriage itself. It's not like they didn't suspect or investigate as we see Brij physically doing jasoosi to find out they are going to HP and not to their rest house. Unfortunately, Dev and family were always one step ahead in the game, as only they knew they were playing one and so Geet's family remained woefully smitten with their gestures and Dev's words. Before I watched these episodes closely, I used to think, how could the family have been so stupid? But in truth they weren't stupid, Dev's family was just smarter.

However, in this light I absolutely loved all of Mohinder's reactions. When everyone else was thinking of the jewellery that was potentially stolen, he was thinking of how he would face Geet and shatter her dreams and when Darjee forbid him from meeting that woman, he decided to go anyway because clearly nothing matters more to him than Geet and her secure future. So far we have seen him as a softer man who hesitates even to question Darjee but here he is willing to openly defy him as the love and  responsibility of a parent give him blind courage to do so. This again foreshadows Geet's own reaction to the idea of harming or killing her child.

EEE!! MAAN IN THE PRECAP!

shammo thumbnail
Everyday, I have to gather immense strength to watch the episode. It is heart breaking to see Geet fall deeper and deeper into Dev's devious clutches. He seems like a giant black spider weaving a net around Geet. The conniving smile sends a shiver up my spine. I died today when Geet in her heart thanked Dev for keeping her bharosa. I guess my knowledge about the later episodes cloud my judgement. I remember when I had seen the episode before, I felt Dev was good while his family was not which I guess is what the CVs had intended.
I loved the scene between Geet and her mother. What struck me and remained with me was her mother's blessing. She wishes that Geet gets married with a smile on her face, but, her prayer does not extend towards a happily married Geet! I don't know why but it just stuck in my mind. Mohinder's restlessness to find out about Dev's family and his discomfort at the message from the lady cller clearly shows how concerned he is for Geet's happiness. His disobedience of Darjee as to that about meeting the lady which we will see in the next episode, strengthens that fact.
I am confused as to why Dev and his family returned. It might be because of the land or When Dev was asking for directions, he might have noticed Brij seeing them and returned. But, I think it is because of the land as that would be a bigger kill.
The precap is the most beautiful part of today's episode. I guess it is not only me, everyone here will unconditionally agree to that.  I think the CVs love to give jhatkas. The have introduced Dev as a perfect gentleman -- loving, caring and compassionate who will later on deal out a humongous blow to Geet shattering her life to pieces. Whereas, Maan, who will be introduced as a heartless, ruthless, shrewd person will turn out to be Geet's savior and the love of her life; who will help her pick up all the shattered pieces and rise up from the ashes as a phoenix. 
Eagerly and excitedly looking forward to the next episode.
shammo thumbnail
@Samana. Welcome back. I was just wondering where your take was and was just about to post how I was missing your write up. 
shammo thumbnail
@All. Loved all of your takes on the episode. It amazes me how we all think along the same lines! It feels wonderful to read everyone's povs.
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Samana- Welcome back !!

Here's wishing you a happy new year ๐Ÿค—

Even I agree about not entire blame be placed on family's hands ,though the level they willingly or unwillingly stooped to - the news of Geet's desire to rebel for her justice as well as her right to keep the child was an abhorrence.

You know the part when Geet's in a trance like state after being rescued from mortal threat aka Brij & co from jungle and comes to streets to state the truth of her family's brutality- its all there for us to see -Brij who's not hiding his murderous streak and going to actually push her out of the way(but then of course gets pushed down barely far away from a dustbin by an unstoppable Geet for trying to hurt her & her child- you can't imagine the extent of my pride & releif when I watched a stricken Brij thrown off).

But aside from that - Mohinder the father who couldn't bear to part from her daughter despite his nearly being slaughtered -he'd even decided to burn the house off when he'd known her death was inevitable-but then seeing his daughter alive -but yet declaring herself estranged from her kin was a heartbreaking moment of regret & helplessness for him.

Tayi ji was surprised at Geet's words -but overall from taya ji to Geet's mother were apologetic at the twist of fate that led them to allow the ordain of death of their girl by Daarji.

Even Daarji-who tried to cajole her from spilling the beans was tongue tied as one by one Geet gave out their flaws,errors & crimes.

I sort of wanted that resolved-with a homecoming where Geet states her progress in a city with the same education they thought a burden on them to impart to a girl.

Yup-as for the women who rejoiced her match in marriage -did so coz of not knowing other avenues -for them that was the most secure position in life a woman could desire.

I remember the lasgnia v/s noodles moment too - lil things that showed Geet's awareness & as we know this particular penchant of Dev's love for lasagnia  has a greater part to play as she meets with another man with same tastes but a different nature.

The way Dev escapes each time -Brij poked his nose or with Mohinder's investigation -really shows how carefully each movement was crafted.
Edited by Lily201 - 12 years ago
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Sia and Nirvanica I too had to shake myself to think and write about anythingbut the precap๐Ÿ˜ณ

@ Samana I too noticed how Geet a girl from a small town knows the difference between chinese and italian and that lasagne is an italian dish .she definitely is well read.You are also right about the fact that Dev's family was so smart that even a cautious and smart person like Geet's dad was outsmarted by them. The marriage part was not completely their mistake. But we have to see the episode Lily was talking about to judge their actions later.

@ Shammo You are right. It is heart breaking to see how Geet starts trusting  Dev almost the same way she grows to trust Maan later on when we know how that trust is going to be crushed under his feet๐Ÿ˜ก. We feel we should warn her but are helpless.๐Ÿ˜ญ

@ all enjoyed reading all the takes.

Can't wait for tonight's episode. As Samana rightly said
"EEE!!! MAAN IN PRECAP!!"๐Ÿ˜

nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Samana
Welcome back, we really missed you and your takes in this thread...

And coming to Maan's entry, we who have watched that scene gazillion times already are still drooling on it, imagine the reactions of the viewers who watched it for the first time...
And no woder they put in a lot of effort into that scene, and it shows as well...
Samanalyse thumbnail
EPISODE 10

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HrypSbI1lc[/YOUTUBE]

Written Update (credit to prettyfulwishes)

Recap: Taiji tells everyone that her necklace is missing, and Mahinder says that he saw Kamya standing near it; when Dev & his family come to the house, everyone is quite happy; Mahinder tells Darji of the phone call he got...

The episode starts with Rajjo, Geet & Dolly in a room, with Dolly saying that in Canada, Geet will have to wear "jeena-sheena". (LOL. Loving this woman) Geet says that there is nothing wrong with salwar kameezes.
As they're talking, the phone rings and Taiji picks it up - it's Dev. He wants to talk to Geet.. and Taiji's a bit shocked. When she calls for Geet, Dolly asks who called, and Taiji angrily says, "her family, who else?" Rajji and Dolly drag Geet to the phone, put it on loudspeaker, and Rajji pretends she's Geet (funniest scene yet).
Rajji asks Dev what girls wear in Canada, and Dev replies "Jeans, short skirts, tight tops.." Rajji asks if that's what he wants Geet to wear, Dev replies in the affirmative.. all 3 girls are shocked. Rajji is a bit hesitant on the phone.. and Dev replies "I don't know how Geet will look.. but I'm sure Rajji ji you will look very sweet!" Rajji asks him how he knew it was her, and he tells her he knows Geet very well. She'd never asks questions like that.. and Dolly takes the phone, and tells him that Geet has been very worried, that she doesn't know what they eat.. and that she wants to make Dev "lasunia". (I'm not meant to be laughing so much @ 3.30am.. but gosh!)
Dev smiles, and asks Dolly & Rajji if he could speak to Geet privately. Geet is very hesitant to do so, but Dolly picks up the reciever, and gives it to her. As soon as she says yes, Dev asks her where the lasagna popped up from. Geet replies that Kamya told her.. she doesn't know anything about his world, and she won't make a good.. wife! Dev simply tells her that he wants to make her his life partner, not his cook. However, Geet still feels that she should know his likes, and dislikes.. right? Dev replies that she doesn't have to change herself for him.. she's perfect the way she is... but, if she does want to be a good wife, she should meet him the next day behind her house... (simply the sweetest convo b/w D&G)

Cut to the next day. Mahinder is shown waiting at the bazaar next to the gurdwara, anxiously waiting for that lady. He turns around, and he sees Naintara! She tells him that she came to do some last minute shopping for Pammi.. and wonders what he's doing there so early. Mahinder stammers that he came to get some stuff for the pooja.. and will be awhile. Naintara leaves.. leaving Mahinder very worried, when a lady calls his name.

Geet is shown walking out into the garden, and sees a trail of roses from the step to the tree in the middle of the courtyard. (Romantic scene alert!) As she's walking towards the tree, she thinks about how amazing he is, but where is he? She reaches the tree, and rose petals fall on her.. she slowly turns around, basking in the petals.. and Dev comes. He tells her that the flowers light comes in the morning, and for him, light came when she came into his life. She smiles, and turns to leave, but Dev won't let her until she says something..

Cut to Mahinder and that lady. She asks him his name.. and he replies yes. She admonishes him for agreeing to the wedding without asking about them. She tells him that her bosses' niece was approached for marriage.. and at the last minute, they turned it down - "everything was in place, even the wedding details.. they forced him into selling everything for dowry, and then they said no."

Cut back to D&G. Dev tells Geet that the road they are travelling on isn't his or hers.. it's their journey. It is his responsibility to make sure that nothing happens to her (or something to that effect) - "The roses you walked on? I personally made sure to take out all the thorns.. because I love her (I think he said that)" D&G look at each other.. and again Dev asks Geet if she won't say anything.
She says "Thank you. " And Dev smiles and remarks at least she hasn't said that she doesn't want to go to Canada.. to which Geet replies "To be honest, I'm still not ready to go to Canada.. but Papa told me that you're a good man..." But Dev wants to know what Geet thinks of him, but Rajji calls Geet inside. Dev lets her go, but insists on an answer next time. She blushes, and runs away.

Cut back to Mahinder & that lady. Mahinder is convinced that the lady is telling the truth, and asks for her to accompany him back to his house, so she can tell his family, who don't believe him. The lady agrees, as Dev's family needs to be taught a lesson.
Back at the house, Darji, Rajinder & Brij are making preparations to leave for Samarpur. Dev's family comes, and they are getting ready to leave, as the journey takes 6hrs. Darji asks where Geet is.. and Dev turns as Geet makes her entry in blue.. (cue yesterday's precap?)
Mahinder also makes his way back to the house, and Darji wonders where he's been. He looks stern, and tells Dev's family that he wants to clear up some issues first. The lady comes in, and Pammi, Naintara & Kamya all look a bit worried..

(credit here goes to -Mansi- because I didn't realise there was more.. and here I am wondering why my update looks short today..)
When the lady comes in, Mahinder tells her that they are the family he's getting his daughter married to. She looks at them, and is surprised. They aren't the family she referred to (phew!). She apologises, and leaves. The families are standing there, shocked.. not having anything to say. Naintara asks Mahinder who that lady was, and what was said. Mahinder stammers for words, and Dolly opens her mouth and says that the lady was saying they were "chor chakki types". Brij & Darji glare at Dolly, and she looks down.
Pammi tells Mahinder that if there were any doubts.. couldn't they have asked them? Kamya says "Highlight to dekho - she said something, and they believed them?" Mahinder tries to assure them it wasn't the case, but Darji says "STOP! Mahinder, you have made a mistake. Now apologise to Dev and his family." Just as Mahinder is about to apologise, Dev notices how distraught Geet is. He tells Mahinder not to apologise, as he understands a father's worry.. it is his daughter's life he's thinking about.
However, Darji asks for Dev not to interfere in this matter, and tells Mahinder to ask for forgiveness. Geet looks on, extremely upset as her father apologises to Dev's family.

Precap: Men are chasing Geet from the mela.. and she falls into the water.. cue Maan's
(Gurmeet) entry as he saves her.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone! ๐Ÿค—

Here is my take on the episode.

Oh man this was a painful episode to watch after knowing the whole story. Even though I know that Geet eventually has to marry Dev, I kept hoping that Mohinder would meet this lady, that she would tell him the truth and that he would somehow stop the whole thing but ALAS! She was talking about someone else and poor Mo was forced to beg forgiveness from the people who would go on to prove his fears right and worse! I found it ambiguous as to whether Geet's resentful expression was directed towards her dad or towards the fact that he was forced to beg forgiveness. I would like to believe it was the latter and she didn't like seeing her dad humiliated like that given that he is her pillar of support and the one in the family who understands her best. I think this is why she sort of pled with Dev and he spoke up but Darjee was on an ego trip by this time and had to have that apology, for himself more than for the rest.

The rest of the episode was mostly Dev-Geet romance which is pretty hard to stomach, especially Dev's diabetes-inducing dialogues. Gross. And this is not even me being biased, the dialogues really were too corny and if I had thought this was the love story of this show I probably would have tuned out because I am slightly jaded and not innocent like Geet to be taken in by charms like that. Dev is kind of OTT in his romantic ways which feeds into my theory that he is a complete womaniser who goes for women and makes them fall for him for the fun of it. I think he is also getting, consciously or unconsciously wrapped up in this whole process of wooing Geet and is possibly taking it further than the plan originally entailed. Or maybe it was the writers, making him out to be utterly perfect so the eventual reality would be even more of a shocker. All things that glitter are not gold. And Dev is certainly glittering at this point! When he said he took out all the thorns, i was reminded of the scene after KH when Geet tries to give Maan flowers and is pricked by the thorn. Maan does not make any false promises that he will take all the thorns away, but when the thorns do come he will be there to help her face them, no matter how much he was just shouting at her, and to destroy the thorn that hurt her.

DEV SAID I LOVE YOU?! This just shows that he is a womaniser and getting into the act. This was also supported by the fact that he said, oh good you didn't say you didn't want to go to Canada, which shows his triumph over winning that first battle. Like Geet said, he capitalises on what he knows she has not had, and that is someone to make her feel special and extraordinary.

The phone conversation with Rajji and Dolly was hilarious! I actually chuckled when Dev said I want you as my jeevan saathi, not my cook. The expression on his face was really funny. And he said what every girl wants to hear, that she is fine just the way she is and that she doesn't have to change for him. I really can't blame Geet for falling for him, given her life experience, can you?

Looks like they are really building up for Maan! He is the Friday cliffhanger. ๐Ÿ˜ณ