Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 30)

21-07 Senior Member
21-07
21-07

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Hoila devils! i was going through the discussions since page1..
The thing which caught my attention was how maan always protected geet's honour( her dupppata) and dev failed miserablely in it...
Today I want to ask one thing which had always bugged me..Hope u guys would help me..
The first scene Of maan and geet where goons were after her, she asked for maan's help..those goons clearly wanted to rape her..As she had no money with her...so the only motive for them to run behind her was to rape geet..so why in that scene maan threw her aside..

i always wondered one thing..Had geet did not fall into the river, she would have been robbed of her izzat..In that case also she could have been died..so why maan only bothered to save her life when she fell into the water..isnt it weird..or maan knew it already that geet will fall into the river and he will come to save her...Confused

The idea of being raped is more dreadful than paani mei dubna..
can someone help me in this.I failed to understand maan's pysche here.OuchShocked

Edited by 21-07 - 23 December 2011 at 9:49am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammoLily201-richierich-Samanalysesia221jyoti06

manny136 IF-Sizzlerz
manny136
manny136

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged
I still remember watching this epi it continued with chaanis mom's rant about her missing daughter and wow it was really a powerful scene and then when she cursed geet's family and the way geet's mom covered her ears i knew then something bad was gonna happen to geet for sure. Dev and co came and everyone went on with the festivities but the undercurrent of something coming up was always there. I really loved the song they used during the dev geet scene, they really wanted us to like the pairing till they slowly started to show us the reality of the real dev and family. He really wanted to make the family like him and then slowly they could twist and turn the situation to there advantage the call was to make it seem they needed to go back to canada soon so they needed to hurry up with the marriage. Dev was so overly sweet with geet it was obvious something was not right. the upcoming epis will start showing that dev and co r up to something but most of the men in geets family will not pay heed.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoLily201Samanalysesia221jyoti06

priyachand IF-Rockerz
priyachand
priyachand

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Another dramatic episode! something or other seem to be happening in these early episodes!

Channi's mother's curse seemed to have become true for geet! Poor girl!

Brij almost confessed! Darji definitely knows his grandson! He suspects him of misdeed! Darji is not shown has someone as intolerant as Brij. How come younger generation guy ends up so conservative! I liked brij's father – very jolly character. Enjoys masti! Wish we could have seen him more than d later chrs. Both husband n wife are quite popular actors (though don't know their names)! Geet's mom n aunt were understandably petrified due to geet's comment to dev. Dat added more drama to channi's mom's curse.

Dev – I don't know wht to say. If I were seeing it for first time, I wd have loved him. He acts as if he's falling in love with the girl. D way he looks at her, trying to take photo n d way he tells her dat whatever she tells him will not go to others. God any girl wd fall for him! He tells all right dialogues. No wonder innocent n young geet starts liking him! DD looked so innocent. I really felt so protective. No wonder many ppl could not accept dev turning positive. Is dev planning his every move or is he such a lady's man dat he himself falls in love with d women he comes across. I mean he really loves them. But knowing the later episodes, I am unable to accept dev's repentence. No wonder there was such a big protest against dev.

But won't a girl's family enquire about d groom's family? Will they blindly accept whatever they say. Dat looks suspicious. I mean if there is a reason for such rush rush affair, I would understand. There is no reason for such rush. So why are they not enquiring.

I liked the song too though wish could have been more dance moments. I liked d way Brij's father and wife quiets down when Brij stares at them. Dat guy is really a wet blanket!

asmi123shammoLily201-richierich-Samanalysesia221jyoti06

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:23am | IP Logged
I don't know why but for some reason it was a huge relief that Darjee wasn't in on the Channi murder. Maybe because it supports my theory that he really is a man of principles and that too a strong, stubborn one, only his principles themselves are somewhat backwards. He seems like a truly balanced person, which is why he is so well-respected, and a benevolent figure and supports my idea that he is Geet's true role model and the reason she has such an iron will and unshakable principles. Darjee does, however know his grandson and hopes that he hasn't gone too far. I liked that he was stern with Brij, giving credit to Channi's mother's accusations though he may not show it in public.

Sigh, Dev is making all the right moves to woo Geet and not just on a superficial level. She is a girl with deep beliefs and his confidentiality really impresses her along with the good impression she already has of his seeming honesty and desire to know her feelings. I think she appreciates that instead of refusing to marry her because she doesn't want to go to Canada he promises to bring India to her there. But what is the problem in the precap? Shocked

I loved all the different connections with mothers today. There was Channi's mother of course, begging for her daughter's whereabouts, Geet's mother who gave her support by holding her hand even when she thought she had done wrong and finally Pammi, who says with her teeth clenched that yes, a mother will do "anything" for her children. Looking back, this is an indication of what they are doing but I wonder how it was interpreted at the time, maybe as her agreeing to the Geet-Dev marriage?

As for Channi's mother's curse, I honestly don't set much store by it because it's not like bad things happened to Geet because of her. They were already taking place when she cursed. So I think it enforces the idea that Geet fights all these superstitions, ideas of fate, destiny etc to make her own future, no matter the baggage of her family and her past. This is what Maan later comes to represent, her making her own destiny rather than allowing it to be dictated by outside forces.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoLily201sia221jyoti06

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:36am | IP Logged
I knew what Channi's mother was going to say ,something that would result in the inevitable,something she was ironically witness to when Geet-the innocent,oppressed victim ,the scapegoat in hands of her own family's wishes as well as Dev & co's short cut to save their skins from bankruptcy-will fight against the code of justice thats not set by Daarji's world of male dominance but rather the justice written in humanity.

But still that curse,that came as the final blow -when culminates into reality is heart-breaking,the intensity to protect really fierced up despite my knowledge of facts-thats saying something.

Obviously Channi's brother Surinder-Brij's right hand man & his ignorant father Ranjit drove her away declaring her as a woman maddened by loss.

Now as Dev & co-witnessed -indeed each 'n' every person of this enigmatic group is worth their salt as characters,plus the actors emoting their reactions were perfect- must say I miss KR -she enacted NT so well, and I'd been prejudiced by her sinister looks in epi 3 that she'd be at fault for whatever obnoxious circumstances Geet may face that'll make Canada a nightmare rather than dream come true (when I was watching the show at that time)
But her acting as a positive ,well wisher currently-with calm,honey toned voice is impressive.

No wonder I neglected Dev's reactions -but now each word he utters,every expression arouses my despise - the way he told -"bharosa rakhiye, hum Canada ko aapke liye India bana denge"-he never knew but those assurances especially "bharosa"-became Geet's undoing-coz he never upheld them as Geet did.

This reminded me of Maan- for whom "bharosa & vishwas" were foundation of love -which he held onto when he realized his feelings for Geet -coz her truth reflected in her eyes.

True enough- all the time her head was bent -but whenever an expression changed,her eyes lifted the flickering of those same sentiments.
Honestly those orange,red garments with lohri fire light really highlighted those brown eyesEmbarrassed

Another mention of Pammi mummy-whose scene stuck in my mind even now & thats why I observed more carefully-"bacho ke liye ham kya nahi karte" and that immediate diversion from Dev showed her reluctancy & her helplesness.

So Dev asked her of a photo - he enjoyed the effect of his charms -not knowing how high Geet upheld her being taken in consideration-but just like the pic couldn't be captured, Geet wasn't meant to be captured as Dev's victim completely -she'd fire back.

Now I'm considering that phone wasn't just a ploy -but an urgent call from the agents who wanted their money & so NT -with her fast running plans while Dev with his deceiving words -tried to rush the marriage further -with a deadline.

Obviously Daarji refused temporarily -how I hope it did ,but only to be haunted by the same problem later.

Still Geet's fear -the way they showed crumpling her dupatta & seeking solace in Rajji was palpable

Edited by Lily201 - 23 December 2011 at 10:46am

asmi123shammoSamanalysesia221jyoti06

sia221 IF-Rockerz
sia221
sia221

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Epi 5 started on a very tragic note.. Channi's mother cursing d whole family.. n that brunt had to b taken solely by Geet.. ( now I feel bcoz Geet was not at fault..had nothing to do with all this sham... at all.. she was given a second chance in life.. unlike Channi..Cry )
Initially I thought that Darji was aware of Channi's murder.. but from today's epi.. it is not so...n clear that he is against such things... Thank God for that.. though he may b strict..he may b a disciplinarian..but not a murderer...
Now.. that dialogue of Darji.. is baar aisa na ho... means that Brij has killed som1 before too...Confused

Innocent Geet continues to fall for Dev.. n his sweet talks..  she is starting to trust Dev more n more it seems..Dev dialogue.. BHAROSA KARO...AngryAngry
(Just why did he hav to do all this to her.. when his motive was only money...BLOODY MORON...)

Dev's Mother saying.. Bacho k liye kya kya karna padta hai.. showed that.. she was not happy with this whole plan..but had to go ahead.. just to save his son from d misfortune...
So the call to Dev I dont know.. whether it was a fake call.. or from creditors for money.. but now I guess they will step up with their plan...

Geet getting restless in d end.. seemed that now she has accepted her fate with Dev.. n was ready for this marriage..n now does not want anything to go wrong...

In d midst of all this.. one scene was absolutely hilarious.. where Dolly is just joyfully dancing around d fire n suddenly stops when Brij comes in front...its a small scene but left me in splits...LOLLOL
I loved Brij's glaring at Dolly at that moment... reminded me of DHUST DANAV MAAN...n his Diwali k laddo jaisi eyes...LOL

BEST PART UPTIL NOW...THE PRECAP... DEV's dhulai from BRIJ...LOLLOL This will b d first time that I liked BRIJ... since d beginning...LOL 

Edited by sia221 - 23 December 2011 at 10:42am

asmi123shammogeetaddictLily201Samanalysepriyachandjyoti06

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 21-07

Hoila devils! i was going through the discussions since page1..
The thing which caught my attention was how maan always protected geet's honour( her dupppata) and dev failed miserablely in it...
Today I want to ask one thing which had always bugged me..Hope u guys would help me..
The first scene Of maan and geet where goons were after her, she asked for maan's help..those goons clearly wanted to rape her..As she had no money with her...so the only motive for them to run behind her was to rape geet..so why in that scene maan threw her aside..

i always wondered one thing..Had geet did not fall into the river, she would have been robbed of her izzat..In that case also she could have been died..so why maan only bothered to save her life when she fell into the water..isnt it weird..or maan knew it already that geet will fall into the river and he will come to save her...Confused

The idea of being raped is more dreadful than paani mei dubna..
can someone help me in this.I failed to understand maan's pysche here.OuchShocked
The fact he lived by dictum-"help yourselves" and he put down weakness,vulnerability & thought he'll imbibe dependency to those he helped.

Plus he had strange illusion -that all women who came in front of them -were trying to manipulate him,and he didn't want to concern himself in anyone else's bothers.

But neither of it would've helped that if ill befell Geet- so perhaps this first reaction was poorOuch

I sort of think it a cruel fate-he saved her honour,her life -but couldn't safeguard her from his own blood -but he did enable her to realize that fact with the dialogue with which he parted: " jab tak tum apne paon per khada hona nahi seekhogi to phir tum kahi nahi pahunch sakti" (Unless you don't stand up on your feet you'll never reach anywhere" 

asmi123shammoSamanalysesia221jyoti06

21-07 Senior Member
21-07
21-07

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged

Lily! I understand ur point..maan was the reason that geet stood up for herself..he believe in " help yourselves' thing.All the other incidents which immediately took place after he saves her were up to the mark..where he was clearly not intrested in leaving back her home.par given the situation, where 4 goons are after one single girl..its so difficult to help yourself at that time...and if he can help her in savin her life when she fell into the river, he could have helped her in goons case too..she was a stranger for him in both the cases..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammoLily201Samanalysesia221jyoti06

Go to top