Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 22)

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Happy Anniversary to your parents Sammy! <3

Ok I shall update my analysis tonight.. I am so busy these days helping my aunt out with stuff that I only get time to come on at night ..

But I shall update my take no worries =D

Z

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoLily201Samanalyse

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
@Lily, thanks a lot for the pm.

@Samana
Best wishes to your parents on their anniversary.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201Samanalyse

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Awesome takes everyone! Clap

@Nirvy: Exactly, I am not blaming Dev at all, just saying I can't like him just yet because he is doing the one thing that Geet doesn't want and I am living the story through her eyes.

@Manny: I completely agree. They made Dev very believable as a good guy, which given all our experience as an audience with saas-bahu crap, it is not hard to believe Dev can be the voice of reason in a family of vamps... they really played this nicely!

@Shammo: I know! I can't commend the CVs enough, and well DD herself, as well as whoever was directing for her look and demeanour. She is so delicate and vulnerable, you just have this instinct to protect her and shelter her.

Thanks for all the wishes as well! Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shammomila1Lily201nirvanica15t_areeb

t_areeb IF-Sizzlerz
t_areeb
t_areeb

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
checked the analysis on two episodes
and very much enjoying the discussion

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse

geetaddict Senior Member
geetaddict
geetaddict

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:15am | IP Logged
@ all finally caught up with all the takes and as usual each of them is unique.

@Samana you don't like Dev do youLOL?. I know it is tough being objective about him but I don't know if there was something about Geet that affected him which maybe much later put him on the track of repentance. Geet does have that effect on people you see. Also when Geet was being taken away after Daarji's "Geeeth" and Dev says he is ok about the rishta I thought the expression on her face was that of ambiguity - whether to be thankful that the guy did not blame her for what happened and saved her from insult or to be sad that he actually wanted to marry her.

@Sia both of us forgot another member of the Khurana family Mr.Vicky who later morphed into Geet's childhood stalker.Wink

CVs did suffer from a serious case of ML throughout the show didn't they?
They forgot Kamya, they forgot how docile (though shifty ) Dev's mom was, they forgot the depth of pain and deceit Dev had meted out to Geet when they decided to pardon him, forgot Vicky and of course forgot most of Geet's family when she left Amritsar. And later on also forgot how to carry on a once beautiful story.Cry

Eagerly waiting Maan's entry.Embarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoLily201nirvanica15sia221Samanalyse-brokensoul-

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:04am | IP Logged
@Paro: I's interesting that you read something completely different into Geet's reaction to Dev's manzoori. Hey, maybe I projected what I wanted to see, being in a similar situation as Geet at this point in my life. Wink Thankfully, I get to say yes or no of my own volition, unlike her, but the pressure is the same.

But in my defense I have to say I am trying to be objective and not projecting Dev's later deeds onto him. I actually find the character a little pompous and irritating. I mean what kind of guy decides that the girl is who he wants to marry after one look? I guess Dev was smitten from that moment, which is what led to him cross the womenfolk and taking the deception one step too far.

I do appreciate that he wants to know her thoughts on the matter though. Smile

shammomila1Lily201nirvanica15-brokensoul-

-brokensoul- IF-Sizzlerz
-brokensoul-
-brokensoul-

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged

This forum is so addictive.

I have tried to get interested in another show but failed.

So thought of starting Geet again with all you guys and share my views too.

Just now watched first two episodes.

I was watching Geet from the first episode. But it was really difficult to watch the first scene me being a viewer of mostly Star plus and star one which does not show these kind of scenes

But even at the time also there was something whcih makes me watch this show maybe Geet's innocence or the different concept. Like any viewer I liked Dev in first episodes. But there always was doubt there is something bad about this family and all of them. But thought maybe Dev might change later and he will be the saviour for Geet from her cruel family until well Maan's entry.

DD's expressions were even then mind blowing. How she shows her fear, vulnerability, obedience is so good that anyone watching her would want to hug her and console her. Though her dialogue delivery I think are not very good in initial episodes, her acting were very good.

Abhinav was the ideal choice as an NRI. After watching these episodes again I wish they have kept him as Dev though Samir is a better actor Abhinav fits more with Dev's character.

It is sad such a nice concept has gone down the drain just for TRP.

The members of Geet's family , all the actors were very good and are well known actors. They have such a wonderful cast in the beginning of the serial from Geet's family to Dev's family.

All the actors are so popular and well known actors. Even Channi's role was also played by a well known actress Meghna Gupta (who was in Kum Kum and some other serials too). There was some article that she was Nissar's girl friend at the time when she played this role in Geet. It is a shame later on what kind of actors they have brought to play parallel roles.

Karishma as NT was brilliant, in the second episode there was not even a hint that she is married to Dev and it really will be a shock for the viewers once the truth comes out. Lot of people at that time including me was wishing for Dev and Geet to be together cos they look good together too as a Jodi. (But once Maan came it is Maneet forever).

Will try to share my views and watch the episodes too

shammomila1Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:45am | IP Logged
@Shahisthi: Happy to have you on board!

And great analysis. It is always nice to hear what people thought when they saw these things live as I unfortunatlely was not one of them. Smile

And I agree the casting was perfection itself! It looks like they really put a lot of thought into who would be best for these characters which is why AS was so much better for Dev than SS later on, who was probably not cast quite as carefully.

I look forward to hearing more from you! Big smile

shammoLily201nirvanica15

Go to top