Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 18)

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged
@all- Samana's tied up at the moment, so she's asked me to post the vids & WU-on her behalf but she'll be back later with her thought provoking analysis aka Samanalysis Cool

Here goes:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8VXM3MV35A

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8FgwIPNFdU

Written Update
www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1372321

Edited by Lily201 - 20 December 2011 at 7:54am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123TRULYOURSgeetaddictnirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-shalit_areebroseinbloom

geetaddict Senior Member
geetaddict
geetaddict

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged

Thanks Lily. I was trying to embed the video like Samana had said but then it did not work out.Posting the links was definitely a good idea. Will be back with the analysis.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged

This indeed was the first epi I watched - and despite myself couldn't help being drawn to Geet's chronicles the next epi-never knew the reason why but I'd sort of formed a bit of motherly concern for Geet (though I was same age as hers at that timeLOL) -the way she had to suffer in hands of her conservative Daarji & cousin Brij.

Honestly Brij-is a complete antithesis to a caring,protective bro - he supresses & insists on restricting Geet only to safeguard the honour of "family name" ,not to safeguard  her honour and then they celebrate "raksha bandhan"Stern Smile

The simple yet authentically beautiful setting of Handa haveli with a wide verandah -gives the "feel" of the HP setting of show wonderfully.

The epi starts on heart-clenchingly painful note as Geet breaks down with her humiliation, emotional & physical scars that Daarji made -with that stick and till the end of his orders of various facilities for "ladkewale"-her hand was still lifted in submission.

Her sobs really drew your sympathy & even while the two women Rano ,Rupinder went to "console" her the first action was to wrap a dupatta for which she'd been punished so ruthlessly-coz Daarji as he says in his own words:"tum koi aasman se aayi koi pari nahi ho jo humare kaayde tumahare liye lagoo na ho".

Wow!! Just realized-its stark contrast to how Maan drew her out of her fear & the way Daarji aroused fear -coz Maan had earlier sarcastically said that she was no "pari" to be helped out of her distress.

For Rano,Rupinder -this scenario was ordinary as they made her ready for ladkewale -which struck Geet so hard that she immediately came from her crying to plead she didn't want to get married & that too so far away from her homeplace.

Rano replied that how Geet's questions couldn't be given credence as against Daarji's ordain-an irony to fact that one day the same girl would question their authorityApprove

Dev's family consisting of Pammi mummy,NT & Kamya - came all looking quite calm & aristrocratic -though that was mere camouflage.
You could see Daarji glowing in praises of his household being well known,while a hyperactive Kamya burst in active commrentry of her experiences that drew Rupinder out of his shell though he immediately calmed down coz of "looks" of family to conduct formallyLOL

Then poor Geet being spurned for an unfavourable "impression" on boy's family as she felt sad at- her family having to lower their heads in shame -which was her utmost fearOuch 

Edited by Lily201 - 20 December 2011 at 9:10am

asmi123shammoTRULYOURSmila1latekateSamanalysejyoti06pennuroseinbloom

geetaddict Senior Member
geetaddict
geetaddict

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged

Geet saved by the bell in this case the yell of the broker lady. The lady was giving Geet disdainful looks but sings Geet's praises with Dev's family. Typical marriage broker behaviour.

But I did like the fact that though it must have been quite painful Geet did not let Darji or Brij see her tears. That gives us an idea of how brave Geet can be. It was really painful to see Geet's hands and how she cringes when her mom applies the medicine.

It was a contrast to watch how mad Darji was and in the same tone he was ordering preparations
for a happy event. And of course his warning to Geet which I am sure we will see him put in action later.

Though Dolly might have said it in a lighter vein but she does say she too had been hit for gossiping. Abusing daughter in laws! now thats really low .Not that i support hurting your daughter but I hope you get what I mean. At least Geet is able to talk freely to her mom.she may not be of great help but at least she listens without scolding her and is quite loving if you ignore the brainwashed daughter in law attitude.

Geet somehow seems to have a sixth sense of foreboding not about the fact that she will be cheated but that her marriage will get fixed soon despite everyone saying to the contrary. Poor Dolly had to get hitched with Brij when she could have had a Canna-dah NRI (hopefully a genuine guy not like Dev).

The red Duppatta suits Geet so well. It is one of the cutest Duppattas. When I see Dev's mom I am reminded of her later Vamp image. Now was that a transformation or what! And the sister's talk and attitude seems to be too genuine for them to be hired actors. So either Dev Maan has a very big family with Dev Maan Annie and Manya (is that name right?) or there were too many transformations.

Dev's entry was really good and made quite an impression. I am sure there is some symbolism there which as usual eludes me.Confused I was wondering though why Dev's mom and NT were so hung up about the girl being besharam when all they were interested was only the money anyway. I guess they were trying to put up an image of a family that actually cares about these things. It pains everyone including Geet to see Darji bow his head. But the aunt was being extra cautious by asking to take Geet from there once she hears Daarji calling Geet's name in that dangerous way.
Dev's statement "She is the kind of girl I was looking for." Knowing what happens later too I am not so sure what he meant.Maybe he was genuinely taken by Geet and her innocence even if he goes to exploit it later. I think NT kind of thinks so too because even later she finds Geet a genuine threat to her marriage.
Precap :asking the girl her willingness to marryShockedUnheard of in the Handa family.lets see what Darji says to that.

That was one long analysis. Sorry if I bored you people.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammoTRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201Samanalysejyoti06pennushaliroseinbloom

-richierich- IF-Dazzler
-richierich-
-richierich-

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged

asmi123TRULYOURSnirvanica15mila1Lily201Samanalysejyoti06pennuroseinbloom

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
@richa- Thanks for embedding the vidsHug

Why not give your POVs -and revive some memories??

@geetaddict- I think I've excelled at writing an over-long take too-so we sail in same boat not to worry -check it out,just updatedLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TRULYOURSgeetaddictnirvanica15Samanalyseroseinbloom

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged
@geetaddict- Beautifully descriptive take -it was fab recapBig smile

Yup - that "marriage broker" lady deliberately showed dual faces- coz at the end of day milking profit is her interest -thats why the hue & cry when she explained she didn't track NRI groom's credentials and introduced coz they gave her money for a match with good dowry after Geet being duped & abandoned incidentOuch

Ya -if its any consolation Geet's mother was a listener though as you mentioned her "brainwash" didn't go down well

Plus Dev's ambigous line-"She's the type of girl I was in search of" was confusing

Ok gotta rush bye

Edited by Lily201 - 20 December 2011 at 9:22am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123TRULYOURSgeetaddictmila1nirvanica15Samanalyseroseinbloom

leverne IF-Stunnerz
leverne
leverne

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Okies ma analysis for first and second epi...i loved how the characters were introduced in the first episods showing the background and thinking of each character. Geet wanted freedom but was bound by regulations. Geet was so scared in front of dev as she didnt have her dupatta on. Loved Tito how he told geet to go home as he cant match up to her speed, knowing well that he wont be questioned if he came late. But geet could never leave him alone. One thing i noticed is that Tito said when darji is at home the door is closed. So did it mean that he was the type of dictator who always kept the women inside the house. I felt so bad when geet extended her hand to receive the beating from him but she didnt make a sound. But as soon as he was out she cried out in pain. tayiji somewhere didnt empathise with geets pain. Her mother was sweet enough to soothe her but she could do nothing much in the house. Her father too remained a mere spactator to all the pain geet endured. I am happy Tito though the youngest in the family could stand by what is true and just. Dev and his family hmmm i dont know what to say as i have not seen initial episodes till now. But they are playing up a perfect act in front of her family. Geet didnt want to get married at an early age but she couldnt even speak it out in front of her mother. what a poor thing, she has no one to share her feelings with.
Dev ki behan has a big mouth and doesn't know what to say and when to say. My heart just went out for geet. There was no one in her family who could support her. Uff Thats it...wrote analysis after real long.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123shammoTRULYOURSnirvanica15Lily201-richierich-Samanalyseroseinbloom

Go to top