Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 16)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
@Neha: ClapClapClap

What a detailed and brilliant analysis!

And great minds think alike because I totally mentioned the motives and the no villains in GHSP think in my analysis as well! I guess that discussion really stuck with both of us, probably because it rung so true to the brilliant creation of the original team!

I also loved that you pointed out Geet's in-built maternal instinct along with her playfulness. She really takes care of her siblings and wants them to have no trouble come their way and for their every wish to come true. I guess in some ways this foreshadows how possessive and protective she is of her baby. That strong maternal instinct is already visible here.

Salem Witch Trials! Yes! That is exactly what this mirrors. It's like you know just what to say to make this history nerd go all mushy and gushy inside. Embarrassed

@Iams: I think it was always in the plan to have Geet move to Delhi but maybe the focus on the love story was not meant to be as strong, though GC has said the story was always meant to be Maan-Geet. The character I most wanted to see in the context of Geet's success was her dad who made her path a little easier without her knowing it and even when she hated him. This is what a real parent does so I would have loved to see him instead of Darjee at the wedding, to be honest.

@All: I forgot to mention one more thing. I think it was so interesting to show how Brij would react to a young tailor touching the women of his house. It was such a contrast to the similar situation between Maan and Geet, which I couldn't help but think of when that came up!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lamsLily201nirvanica15ISHQSalmanSeritzy09

ISHQSalmanSe IF-Rockerz
ISHQSalmanSe
ISHQSalmanSe

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nirvanica15

@Faria
Thats a very profound quote and a true to the word...
I  loved his kite runner...

Kite Runner is one of my most favorite novels ever Nirvy!Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15ritzy09

ISHQSalmanSe IF-Rockerz
ISHQSalmanSe
ISHQSalmanSe

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Samanalyse

@Neha: ClapClapClap

What a detailed and brilliant analysis!

And great minds think alike because I totally mentioned the motives and the no villains in GHSP think in my analysis as well! I guess that discussion really stuck with both of us, probably because it rung so true to the brilliant creation of the original team!

I also loved that you pointed out Geet's in-built maternal instinct along with her playfulness. She really takes care of her siblings and wants them to have no trouble come their way and for their every wish to come true. I guess in some ways this foreshadows how possessive and protective she is of her baby. That strong maternal instinct is already visible here.

Salem Witch Trials! Yes! That is exactly what this mirrors. It's like you know just what to say to make this history nerd go all mushy and gushy inside. Embarrassed

@Iams: I think it was always in the plan to have Geet move to Delhi but maybe the focus on the love story was not meant to be as strong, though GC has said the story was always meant to be Maan-Geet. The character I most wanted to see in the context of Geet's success was her dad who made her path a little easier without her knowing it and even when she hated him. This is what a real parent does so I would have loved to see him instead of Darjee at the wedding, to be honest.

@All: I forgot to mention one more thing. I think it was so interesting to show how Brij would react to a young tailor touching the women of his house. It was such a contrast to the similar situation between Maan and Geet, which I couldn't help but think of when that came up!

@Sam:
Thank you dearie! Hug Ooh I like the word maternal instinct! Yup Geet showed signs of that very early. EmbarrassedI was hoping that you would know about the Salem trials...me too a history nerd.Geek

Loved your take too! ClapClap especially about the difference between right and wrong according to perspectives! Also you nicely pointed out the blame game Darjee put on Channi's father...nice way to avoid the guilty feeling.Tongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyseritzy09

nirvanica15 Goldie
nirvanica15
nirvanica15

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
All those who liked Kite runner should read Alchemist, its brilliant

Yes, analysing the first episode was actually a great experience, and seeing so many responses is overwhelming... ANd to be frank they wouldnt have analysed this much in those days as Geet was just starting and there were not many followers

Lily201SamanalyseISHQSalmanSeritzy09

mysterygurl1427 IF-Sizzlerz
mysterygurl1427
mysterygurl1427

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
@Samana, brilliant analysis...about the duppataa, we had said the same thing last year when the episode came out...what made it all the more interesting was when Maan saved Geet...from drowning...he threw her on the floor...he showed her straightforwardly what kind of man he was, BUT he also had returned her dupatta to her...while leaving...

so they showed such a VAST different between the two men in her life...one man, pretending to be who he is to geet...in her eyes he is the guy whom shall love her...BUT he couldn't even protect her izaat symbolically...

and here she meets maan, whom doesn't care a damn about anything...in fact he pushes her away when she bumps into him...he wasn't hiding his personality...it was out there...but he still protected her honor...symbolically even so...by handing her dupatta to her...well more like tossing it on her faceLOL

hayee this was what i loved about this damn show...the differences...anywayz i went ahead...but then again i told u what that this was the exact symbolism i had and many on the idiots thread had pointed out...when the episode had come out...good to know others too have the same ideaWink

Edited by mysterygurl1427 - 19 December 2011 at 7:40pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoLily201Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

shammo Groupbie
shammo
shammo

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Samana, thanks a lot for starting this thread and taking the trouble to pm me about it. I am so glad to be a small part of this. I loved your analysis. In fact, I loved everyone's take on the episode. Special mention to the dupatta symbolism which had struck me too. 
@mysterygurl1427, I loved what you said about Maan and Dev differences. 

About the episode, I had watched it before and watching it again strengthens my love for GHSP even more. Even then I was in awe of the first scene,although it was horrific. The execution of the whole scene had given me goosebumps. They did not waste time in getting to the crux of the story. All the characters were beautifully sketched and strongly established in the very first episode itself. The Geet that we get to see later, is shown in small glimpses in the first episode. The fact that Geet tolerated all that torture of the circus party later is because it is in her character to be protective about her siblings and her relations. 
What stood out for me was the subtle implications that truth is powerful. Be it through Geet's dialogue to Rajji, or the gurbani playing ( i think that is what it is called, sorry if I am not using the right word) when Darji goes to visit the gurduwara with his sons. That is basically the basis of Maan-Geet relationship. Dev uses lies and deceit to save his skin and destroys Geet's life and because of his deceit Geet is eventually forced to revolt against this oppression as she believes in truth and the fact that whatever happens, truth wins eventually because truth is God. Geet inherently is a fighter for truth, Maan ignites the fire in her to give her the strength to reach her destination. 
Initially when I had watched the episode, I had thought Dev would save her from this oppressive environment. Today, watching the episode, I fell that to a certain extent, this is true. Geet though a fighter inside was also submissive and accepts her family's decision for her though she does not wholeheartedly agrees to them. Thank God Dev created the situation for Geet to break free and finally find her soulmate in Maan. If not, she would have also married and settled into a mundane life to that of Dolly's or Pammi's.

By the way, I have noticed the use of doves from the very first episodes. Any symbolism there? anyone?

I am not a very articulate writer so my rantings may sound meaningless. But, loved sharing my thoughts with everyone.

Lily201Samanalyse-sumaiya-

LD-Radha IF-Stunnerz
LD-Radha
LD-Radha

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Wow the response is just amazing! It's a great thing to see :D This is not the first time I'm watching the episode but every time it leaves me kind of speechless. Geet and Brij's acting leave me speechless. Like the hatred that Brij portrays...oh my god. Plus I've always loved this episode because it captures your attention RIGHT from the beginning and it kind of just drags you along with the story...regardless of how horrified you are. 

Lily201Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSe

gurtilicious Senior Member
gurtilicious
gurtilicious

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
samana thank u sooo much for starting this thread and the amazing analysis! its a great thing to see! THANK U!!

can u also add me to the pm list? i have just buddy requested u Big smile

Lily201Samanalyse-sumaiya-

Go to top