Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 15)

redfox Senior Member
redfox
redfox

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Samanalyse

@redfox: I am loving hearing all the memories of what people thought when they saw this live. I agree the technical aspect of the show was flawless and that alone may have strung people on until they got to the crux of the story and the introduction of the true, modern hero.

Yup..The show was tecnically perfect during Hoshiarpur days.. even during the office track..Thats why it made it all the more depressing to see substandard episodes towards the end..We became so used to the top quality episodes that the average ones later on didn't satisfy us even though they were still better than most other shows..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-ritzy09

redfox Senior Member
redfox
redfox

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nirvanica15

@Faria & Redfox

I read the kite runner and watched the movie as well... But didnt get a chance to read the ATSS, will try to read sometime

ATSS is also an excellent book..though i personally like The Kite Runner a litlle bit more..
And I feel though the movie is good, it doesn't do complete justice to the book.. Movies rarely do complete justice to a book.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

latekateLily201nirvanica15Samanalyseritzy09

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Boogleton.Schiz

@Sam- Call me  a traitor but a long with the flaws the show has quite good aspects too - Like the scenery, it's perfect. The story also is quite intriguing. 

Shocked *GASP* Shocked

TRAITOR!!!

LOL Scared ya didn't I?

To be honest, I don't set much store by loyalties etc when it comes to entertainment. I respect quality, in script, in acting, in technical aspects and all other facets. So basically, if it is good, it deserves to be watched. Boycotting LOK isn't going to help anything anyway as it is neither here nor there so enjoy the intriguing story!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15-sumaiya-ritzy09

ISHQSalmanSe IF-Rockerz
ISHQSalmanSe
ISHQSalmanSe

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged

The first episode'..I have watched in bits and pieces in videos but never all at once. It feels so good'..even though I know whats going to happen, you still feel the chill down your spine.Shocked It had the suspense, drama, and its nail biting moments to get a regular viewer hooked. If I am getting the chill right now, I can just imagine the amount of curiosity it must have generated in those who watched it when it aired.Day Dreaming If people ask GHSP viewers today'.what was so special about GHSP? Its mindblowing start and the beginning of a gripping plot in the first episode itself.Thumbs Up

The first scene'.I was cringing but the anxiety of whats going to happen next made me sit through it. Aww the Brij Handa with his talwar and hairy chest.EmbarrassedROFL ROFLTake a bow Behzaad Khan!! I spoke to him on  facebook a couple of days ago'.he said he would love to be part of Season 2 if it happened and enjoyed being part of GHSP. Anyways back to the episode'.Its just shocking how a few group of men terrorize the poor villagers in the name of honor and respect. Where are the police?Stern Smile Oh i forgot that Indian police always come to the crime scene days later.ROFL On a serious note... I guess when there is no evidence, it is hard to convict such men.Ouch It is even harder when nobody knows about it and those who do know about it do not have the audacity to speak up. AngryChanni is killed mercilessly. The way that scene is executed is brilliant!

Back to the house'.the typical scene of women doing the household chores and men out and about in the village being men. Geet's mother is all excited about getting a proposal from Canada for her daughter'..because women have nothing else to do except marry and have kids.Dead Add to that the aunt gets frustrated when she realizes Geet is sent to school today'women do not have the right to be educated.Angry Gosh'Geet had to face so many hardships. It was a good thing she realized that this was all wrong and there is another world outside that does not treat women so harshly (Thanks to Munda later on)Embarrassed.

Enter Geet'. DD looks so innocent and cute. She has some natural genes to look so young at like 25 or 26.Blushing She looked like a school girl. The background tune is so heartwarming. Btw did anybody notice that the girl who was yelling at her from behind to stop was Pawandeep Kaur'.one of the original girl creatives on the show.ApproveClapCool Geet's relationships with Rajji and Tittu were adorable. I like how CV's captured the personality of Geet's character in the first episode itself. Yes she is lively, bubbly and fun with her bhangda and playfulness. However, she is also responsible when she takes care of her brother and sister. For example, she does not leave her brother's side when he tells her that he will be fine alone.  Big smile

Enter Darjee and the rest of the household. I am not sure which place they had gone to. It was to serve the poor people some food. Look at the irony in all this.Shocked Yes they do serve the poor people to show the outside public'..in the inside'they are torturerers and murderers. Double faced people.Censored

All this reminds of the Salem Witch craft trials that happened in Europe hundreds of years ago. People thought some people were cursed for being witches and killed them in the name of honor and respect. OuchThis happened for years until some major force intervened. Similarly, our Geet will be instrumental in intervening against all this injustice. Embarrassed

Brij, Darjee and others pretend to not know anything about Channi'.I guess their thinking has been shown as regressive thinking. They probably think that whatever punishment they have given to the poor girl was deserved. I think I had this discussion with Samana'.these are not real villains but people with purpose and motifs whose actions are negative'.if that makes any sense. ConfusedThey are not just negative for the sake of being negative if you know what I mean. The look Behzaad Khan gives when he talks about Geet facing the same punishment if she dares to go down the path shows this. Brij is going to give that punishment to whoever'not caring about his relationships... Foreshadowing hereCry If he would have been biased to his sister'..then that would be a whole different story. Foreshadowing here

Geet driving on the scooty with Titto and loosing her dupatta in the first episode itself. Ahh the amazing symbolism here.Embarrassed I wanted to shout Maan but I knew it was going to be Dev. CryOh AS looked hot in the scene.Tongue A lot of viewers must have felt'.yes the hero has arrived! Oh how wrong were they! Did you also notice how it took Dev so long to take out the dupatta? It proves here that only and only Maan is the one that had the authority for her dupatta. Nobody knew that the hero was not even in the picture yet!!Wink Also, Geet leaves before getting the dupatta and tries to enter the house without it. Poor thing gets trapped with all the men in the jeep right in front of her. She gets violently hand smacked. This proves that since the beginning Dev will only cause her troubles and would not be able to save her from the troubles. Cry

Another thing which I want to mention here'.on the scooty ride Titto mentions that he is the only one man/male that Geet can show her authority on. This is shown when she bows down to all the men in that jeep. However, we know later on that she does stand up to them in the climax scene.Approve Btw did anybody notice that the jeep was Maan's jeep? Kangal PH!Ermm

The way she puts out her hand to get the punishment was submissive behavior. She is shown as submissive early on'and how the character changes after that is exciting to watch.Big smile I remember when I had some schooling in India and got whacked once with a ruler so I can imagine the pain.Sleepy I would have called Children's Services if I knew about it when I was small. Stern Smile

At the end of the scene when she stops getting whacked, there is a pigeon that flies. It shows that Geet still needs to break out of her shell and learn to fly.Big smile Cant wait to see Dev, NT, sister and Pammi to make their entry tomorrow!! A wonderful start to one of the most unique story-line that I have come across! StarStarClap

Bow down to the team!!Hug

Edited by neha9999 - 19 December 2011 at 12:02pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shammonishsweetsnirvanica15Lily201bluerose1889latekateritzy09Samanalyse-sumaiya-

manny136 IF-Sizzlerz
manny136
manny136

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
i found the page tht has practically all the promos but some of the early ones r gone coz the account got deleted but here is the post anywhttp://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1661418

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

latekatenirvanica15Lily201Samanalyseritzy09ISHQSalmanSe

lams Goldie
lams
lams

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
hi everyone @samana - thanks so much for the Pm ...

I had seen the first episode 2-3 months ago and I actually had not liked the whole village setup ...me very biased ...:) and truthful so i guess I understand why this serial did not do well initially as it started with low TRPs and so they move the whole scene to Delhi ..

But I feel bad that later on they just totally forgot this family , I did enjoy the characters though and I wished they had tried to integrate it later on when geet was enjoying a lot of success

So with that I start -  I had actually liked Dev in the beginning , I felt that he was nice ...I didnt know of course that he was married etc and so I gave the benefit of doubt ... I actually like this actor better than the present one ..as this one is more macho and can have grey shades better than the new one ...

The characterisation of everyone was very well done and I suppose at that time the CVs had planned for Geet to take up for her friend and get justice.
Drashti did a very good portrayal of an 18 year old girl ... she totally looked the part

Edited by lams - 19 December 2011 at 12:14pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shammoLily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSeritzy09

Craziest_MG IF-Sizzlerz
Craziest_MG
Craziest_MG

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Hey Samana,
Thanks for the analysis n the epi video.
Sorry but i was not able to watch the epi...my house is full of so many people right now...n they are still around me asking what are you doing...??
Lol

Okk...bohot bakwas ho gayi.
When i had watched the first epi, i was scared...darji's behaviour was horrible...i hated him n Brij.
Geet was sweet n innocent.

Loved the analysis...thanks for the update n link.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse-sumaiya-ISHQSalmanSeritzy09

Go to top