Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 (Page 14)

ritzy09 IF-Rockerz
ritzy09
ritzy09

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjalireddyy84

@ Ritzy

Moi agree wd u abt Dolly chracter her chracter n replica of Teji wife, Brij - Dolly replica of Teji n Pammy bt in both trcaks they didnt go 4 depth in their story
oh yes...so many lost opportunities...

now when i look back, i think Abhinav going was the worst thing that hapenned to GHSP. We lost a negative Dev and opporunity to explore so much which was possible including complex cvharacters like Dolly and Pammi

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nirvanica15Lily201Samanalysesumaiya-kay

sumaiya-kay IF-Rockerz
sumaiya-kay
sumaiya-kay

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Okay so I just caught up with all the analyses and I must say I really enjoyed reading all the different takes and the symbolisms that people have come out withSmile

Okay so here goes my take and I'll try to make it short and sweet...

To be honest when I first decided to watch the show I didn't really have much of an idea what the story was about...the only reason I decided to tune in was because of Drashti...I loved her in DMG and was curious as to what sort of role she'll be playing in her new show...and I thought her pairing with Abhinav would really work as they seemed like a good looking 'couple'...I must confess at the time I didn't want her to be paired opposite Gurmeet, because I thought from what I had seen of him earlier he didn't have that oomph factorLOLLOL...boy was I glad to be proven wrong!!EmbarrassedLOL

When the first scene started I was actually confused as to what was going on, until I saw all the men running after Channi...the actress playing Channi was really good and her fear was palpable...but what really sent shivers down my spine was the merciless way that Brij was looking at her when he advanced towards her like a predator...I think that was when realization dawned on her and she murmured Geet's name under her breath, because she knew? that her best friends brother was going to be her killer...her scream after that of Geet's name seemed more like a warning to me...

Aww wasn't Geet's entry the most adorable part of the episode, she seemed so carefree despite the oppressive way that she's been brought up...she finds pleasure in the most simplest of things and she also gives happiness to receive happiness...both with Rajji and Tito their smiles mean a lot to her, whilst for one she'll do her chores and for the other take him out on a scooter, never mind the cost to herself

The interesting part of the episode was the accident with the chicken truck and Dev's car...I'm sure the symbolism in this scene was deliberate on the part of the creatives, because after all it was Geet's honour and izzat that moulds the crux of the story in the episdoes to come...the dupatta is not returned to Geet as Dev is ultimately the cause of Daarji's wrath in the latter part of the episode as well as the story...
When I first saw this scene I thought Dev will actually be her saviour and take her away from that oppressive lifestyleOuch...

Anyway that was all I could think of to write...I'm not much on analysis and symbolisms and tried my best as I really wanted to be part of the discussions going on from the first episodeEmbarrassed

Edited by -sum- - 19 December 2011 at 4:09pm

asmi123Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyse

redfox Senior Member
redfox
redfox

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Boogleton.Schiz

Nirvy- The Kite Runner and ATSS will always remain as one of my favourite books. Probably the one of the very few books that brought a tear to my eyes.[/DIV]

They are two of my favorites too..the way he describes situations and emotions..its difficult to have a dry by the time one is done reading them

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalyseritzy09

ritzy09 IF-Rockerz
ritzy09
ritzy09

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
@Faria, they may change as many names as they want, but not only have we lost GHSP but also probably the only channel which entertained youth and people like me who are in early thiertees. I feel so lost now that I don't know where to go and how to fill my time. My only hope is IF. Damn the new channel. I wish them all the success but they will never get me back as a viewer.

@Sam - Thanks dear. I loved your idea. Due to tme constraints, I could not contribute to den regularly. But here, there is no such time pressure so hopefully you will see me much more.

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalysesumaiya-kay

PaintedSky IF-Dazzler
PaintedSky
PaintedSky

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
I saw that epi in youtube as I missed that... I started to watch GHSP after one month of its airing... just watch this epi at one go again :)

Thank u.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalysesumaiya-kayritzy09

sush1 Senior Member
sush1
sush1

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
thanks sam for such a wonderful post and also the thought behind it.

Hope we continue to dish in same spirit till the end or till season 2

Will come back after seeing the epi Smile

Lily201nirvanica15Samanalysesumaiya-kayritzy09

nirvanica15 Goldie
nirvanica15
nirvanica15

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
@Faria & Redfox

I read the kite runner and watched the movie as well... But didnt get a chance to read the ATSS, will try to read sometime

Lily201Samanalysesumaiya-kayritzy09

mila1 Goldie
mila1
mila1

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged
SamanaHughow can i miss the first epiBig smile though i didnt watch the epi coz with my net connection watching video is a pain than a plasureOuch thanks for the written updateEmbarrassed. I loved ur dupatta symbolism yes Dev is not the man to save her honourAngry its our MAANHeart. Bye i'll try to come again whenever i canEmbarrassed

nirvanica15Lily201Samanalysesumaiya-kayritzy09

Go to top