Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Geet episode 55:

So MSK got another namkaran today -  Dal Badlu.πŸ˜† I believe it is used mostly in the context of those who jump from one political party to another. I first could not get and then I replayed the scene where Geet says it, got an approximate and then actually googled it.πŸ˜ƒ Our Baary ji is def a master of words.πŸ‘

One thing that has been always consistent about Maan and which I love is that he always does the right thing when he realizes it. So when he found out that he himself had given Geet the wrong file he decides to do something he's never done in his life – say a sorry.  πŸ‘

Like Sia I too am not very fond of Geet putting her hand on her belly but her conversation with the baby was cute.😳😳 Of course like most office interactions between Geet and Maan what follows is so funny without being OTT.πŸ˜ƒ

Let me list the funny parts
  1.  Pinky barged in at the wrong time and called Maan Dhak Dhak.πŸ˜†
  2. Maan's expression on hearing it loud and  Pinky's expression when she sees Maan standing there.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
  3. Both the office people and the way Pinky and Geet peek at Maan.πŸ˜†
  4. Maan's embarrassed expressions and the way he dashes off from there before he embarasses himself any more

GC was really very good during this time in bringing out multitude of emotions in such an effortless way.πŸ‘Then Geet's line "Khadoos kahin ka. Daantney ki vajeh bhool gaye hongey.Ab kal aakey daanteyga". πŸ˜†Only Geet(and Barry ji) can think of such hilarious lines.πŸ‘πŸΌ

First time we get to see our sweaty NP Maan doing Tai Chi over Geet.😳😳 Those doley sholeys.😍 But I thought this time there was more contemplation than anger. GC is so good at this tai chi thing that it almost feels like it was a choreographed Dance and the way he walks away was just like you would after a performance.πŸ‘ The scenes that he recollects are of course the memorable ones.😳😳

I am surprised that even though Geet types in Dev Khurana she is not able to find a single reference which links Dev to Maan.πŸ˜• They are supposed to be big industrialists. His name would have showed up somewhere with Maan's.πŸ˜• Anyway that is search engines for you.😊

Next day another hand touch, another slightly longer than necessary eyelock. But it is funny to see that Geet is the first one to break it and even after she does Maan continues to stare.πŸ˜‰ And that stare has so much intensity in it.😳😳 That is one thing that has always been true about Maan and Geet. Their stares and touches are so much more passionate than when they supposedly did the deed.

Maan if you give dictation and in the same tone say "I'm sorry" anyone would think it was part of the dictation no. And then he wonders why she took it so lightly.😲 And even though Geet thought it was part of the dictation she was surprised to hear that the great MSK was actually saying sorry. πŸ˜‰

Then of course Sasha brings it up and then the expression on Maan's face when he realizes what Geet had done has so much of apnapan and he is not able to wipe that smile off his face.😳😳 He looks so good with that half smile on his face.😍 It is not just that he finds her funny. It is almost a smile that shows his fondness for her and her antics. 😳😳

Now we know why Sasha is so worked up. Maan is not Maan anymore when he is around Geet and that bugs Sasha to no end.πŸ˜ƒNothing stops Geet in her Sherni mode.😎 Of course she had a good teacher who taught her not to bear any kind of injustice but to oppose it.πŸ˜‰ So she just barges in to the boss's room.😲 The expression on Sasha's face when Maan instead of asking Geet to leave sends her away was again priceless.πŸ˜ƒ

I really like this Dadi.πŸ˜ƒ She has got real class in the way she talks and behaves. And you are spot on wrt Dev Dadima. He definitely has a very crooked brain compared to Maan's straight one.😑 NT does know how to say the right things and it was also nice to see Dadima actually ok with her explanation.😊

So next week Dadima finds out the right match for our Khadoos Khurana.πŸ˜ƒ 

-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Maan is upset that how could she do like that giving incomplete presentation papers without proper design & bcz of her he lost his cool & yelled on them & they pointed fingers on him saying how can they approve such a big project without complete presention papers. He was very frustrated though geet was able to manage the whole mess but while flipping files he sees the original file kept in front of him  Finally maan realises that it was his fault and not geet's. Maan reads geet's sorry note and feels bad for the way he treated her.  Geet thinks that maan does not like her because she does not wear clothes like sasha.😭 Geet does not know that maan likes her but just does not understand it.😳 he don't want to think about that but suddenly many times those feelings are out by themselves but he get over it suddenly.

Love how geet talks to the baby and that for him she is ready to face any trouble.  Script writters have always attracted me for that cute & reserved talk  for her baby & that really proved hoe determined was she.   Maan wants to say sorry  but is not getting the chance. He goes inside her cabin & clears his throat but hoshiarpur express start again saying whatever happened in the conference room isn't her mistake. pinky comes in and says dhak dhakπŸ˜†πŸ˜†and the expression on maan's face looks like he would strangle her for disturbing him.🀣 Geet asks whether he has some work with her but he backs off saying he will talk to her tomorrow. Geet is surprised & the way they both peeps him is hillarious.geet says khadoosπŸ˜† She still want to find out dev so ask pinky whether she can use her computer,but pinky asks why she keeps silence.

This is the first time we see maan doing tai chi shirtless. 😍😍😍Me in dreamland. 😍😍😍Maan remembers what geet said to him and how she fell into his arms. 😳😳He cannot stop thinking about geet that is because they are meant to be together. 😍😍

It's a first time for MSK to say sorry. Aww so sweet to see him practicing how to say sorry to geet. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† So funny when he try to tell her with smile in front of the mirror.She suddenly bumps inn for dictation . I love the minute their hands touch, maan feels something in his heart. 😳 they bang their heads together and he shouts at her. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†I think that is his way of saying that he likes her. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†MSK has a unique way of expressing his feelings.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Aww maan says sorry to geet in the dictation he gives her and she thinks it is part of the dictation. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† thought that geet is being rude and did not accept his apology. Geet is so cute. maan calls her paagal.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Geet did not understand that maan said sorry to her and not for the letter.😳 She gives that letter to send it & sasha finds that sorry strange & asks geet but geet is confident that MSK did say sorry.Hearing all this discussion MSK is out & supports sasha  How dare sasha call geet low efficiency machine. 😑😑😑Love how maan smirked, see geet is making him smile and be happy. πŸ˜‰ Loved the way geet calls him dal badlu.πŸ˜†

Geet gets special treatment because she is MSK's heart and soul.  😍😍😍when maan said that geet abh sunaakar hi rahegi was funny. πŸ˜† Fun filled Episodes. The action & reaction dialogues expression & body language of MG  were superbb

-Gemini- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice analysis ,there were many new names for Geet & Maan ---dal badlu ,low efficiency machine ..
Maan looked funny while he was rehearsing to say soryπŸ˜†.
 When Maan said 'ab yeh rukhnewali nahi hai 'was so cute .
loved the way Geet consoles herself & have water & talk to her baby .😊
pennu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wow...πŸ˜› Maan doing HU-ha.. along with self-talk.., that too only about Geet...😳
Hmm... soo Maan decided to say Sorry for the first time...😲 bcos its first time he is did galathy..πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

Next day.. DD looked like candy in that Orange suit...πŸ˜ƒ
Maan just melts with a single touch by Geet on his hand... when Maaneet went down to pick that file.. 😳

I just loved the way Maan said.. "Isne mere Sorry ko dictation samachliya..😲 Kyaa karu mei is pagal ladki ka..πŸ˜•". and that smile...😳

And the way he said... "Lagtha hey ab yeh rukhne waali nahi.. ab sunakar hi rahegi..πŸ˜†"
Sasha's expression was mindblowing when Maan asked her to study the project file whether its correct or not...πŸ˜†
Viji79 thumbnail
So the memorable apologies by the great MSK and Dadima's imagination of Geet and Maan as bride and groom is only tomorrow. Cant wait for the analysis.
pennu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: AAricha

Pennu best taunts in the episode,he is angry on dadima but he fires on geet & don't let her think properly, Pennu serious kal moi naukri karne lagi Aur aisa khadoos  Boss mil gaya toh kisse react karna hai ye lo geet se seekh lo..

@bold...
Kadus Boss ka tho patha nahi...
magar Maan/GC jaisa Boss hey tho...
Baath banjaaye.. aahaaa.. baath banjaaye...πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ahh wish, if only we get a boss like Maan...
I am sure that there won't be any work that gets done, there will be lot of people falling and breaking their bones and papers flying around and what not... πŸ˜‰Edited by nirvanica15 - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My reaction to this episode in one word: AAAWWW πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒ

This is the kind of thing that can really put a smile on your face after a hard day and make you believe in humour and goodness again. Just watching these episodes, falling in love with them all over again, I can see how this show became the craze that it was. The intensity and chemistry, coupled with the LOL worthy, lighter moments make for a heady drug and I know we are all confirmed addicts. And believe it or not, I actually get withdrawal symptoms when I don't watch at least a few Geet scenes. I am a little more cynical and a little less of an optimist on those days.

Now on to the episode. Of course I love Maan's own shock at the fact that he made a mistake. πŸ˜² Nobody believes more than him that he is a faultless human being and I guess I understand why he finds it easiest to alienate his family and emotions because look at the results when he does let them in. He makes a mess of an important project and blames poor Geet for it. I also loved how they made saying sorry such a BIG deal for him. πŸ˜† He literally made this huge announcement to nobody in particular that for the first time, MSK would be saying sorry. I think he heard a crowd gasping and dropping glass objects inside his head.

Geet's baby monologue was really sweet. I like that we had constant reminders of the baby even when the track was not focused on that.

NPM is a thing of beauty and a joy forever! He is so well-sculpted to begin with and the lighting on his ripples and contours is even more emphatic of them. And then when he starts moving, that grace and fluidity is simply breathtaking! He has so much control over his every limb and joint. And of course it only adds to the scene that he is thinking about "his" Geet and all of the times he has been close to her. Clearly the assar is of a long-lasting nature. This one is different from later tai chi sessions because he is not angry or frustrated but just consumed with thoughts of Geet. I like the juxtaposition of the extreme control over his body vs, losing all control of his mind and heart.

I loved the sorry sequence, always have! His grandiose notions of saying sorry are sort of mocked in themselves because of the comedic tone. And also it is highlighted because Geet keeps saying sorry and says it so easily. When he was practicing, and then when he turned his chair from Geet to compose himself. 🀣 Of course his sorry did not sound like it was anything separate from the dictation, though he is startled by Geet's lack of response.

Poor, poor Sasha. πŸ˜­πŸ˜† She is just not able to get a hold on things, is she? I love how Maan tried to get a hold of the situation without revealing the truth. He told Sasha to let it go and tried to distract her with the London project while holding his laughter in. Like Paro said, I think the word here is "apnapan". He already feels this sense of belonging with Geet, as though she may not be an ideal addition to his life, but she is an inevitable one. There is a quote which I am going to misquote that says "don't marry someone you can live with, marry someone you can't live without"  or something along those lines and that is what Geet and Maan are to each other. I don't think at this stage they would choose to be with each other but they sure can't be without!

And our sweet little Geet goes into Sherni mode to fight for justice and an already amused Maan is ready for more entertainment and he knows its coming! His expression was more like "Sasha, go get me some popcorn" 🀣 I can't wait until Geet gets to the root of this.
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Samana
Yes, those episodes are definitely addictive. I have watched them more times than my favorite Sharukh movies...but by the end of it I still have a brOad smile on my face...
Maan and Geet are a definitely meant to be, though they come from a different background they do live by the principle of doing the right thing no matter what...
They never used deceived ways tO achieve something...
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Sia, you asked why Maan could not think of a similar way out to what Geet came up with about the incomplete plots. I have always said this about Maan and Geets' characters. Maan sees things in black and white. Either things are right or wrong, good or bad, complete or incomplete etc. He just does not understand the concept of a middle ground, which is unfortunately for him, what most human beings inhahbit and contrary to his own belief, he is a human being. Geet is much more in tune with all the shades of grey and all the colours that occur between black and white. She can think on her feet, in the moment and if her plan fails, she doesn't consider it the opposite of success, as Maan does, but just a stumbling block on a grander path to the eventual goal.

So here we see Maan angry at himself and the company and declaring that if they cannot do a perfect job, they do not deserve the project. Geet on the other hand is accepting of human error and eager to fix, rather than accept one of a binary of possibilities. She doesn't see a binary, she sees a spectrum and so when one plan doesn't work out she goes to the next. And that is what she does here. When Maan has given up hope, Geet wins the client through this very humanity but also by mixing it with the knowledge and the business she already knows and presents them a convincing case. People always say that in interviews it is not always your resume that people go for, but it could be just your personality and the fact that you are somebody that that person would want to work with. For me, Geet falls into that latter category. In one go she shows the client that she is in tune with the essence of the project, resourceful and positive. Why would Mr. Chopra refuse?

On the other hand, Maan in all his extremes is somebody that people put up with for his hard and excellent work. But if they find someone like Geet, might they be willing to compromise on the quality to have a pleasant working experience? Because of his rigidity, Maan still sees this as a failure and his ego is probably bruised, having been rescued by his own private, personal damsel in distress and so he takes it out on Geet. Just because the situation was fixed, he can't just forgive the mistake that he thinks she made because to him, spontaneous solutions just don't count as real solutions.

The other think I loved was the mahi when Geet suggests the kitchen garden. Maan's face was like, "damn and she is smart too?" πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰

Samana..Plausble explanation...πŸ‘πŸ‘ I liked what u said abt Maan's rigidness..so true..and this is what changed after Geet came in his life.. πŸ˜Š 

I was thinking of another reason.. but this is much narrow and pertains to this project only.. that Geet could come up..with the solution instantly..coz she identifies with the middle-class scenario...she being one knows exactly what is their requirements...would she have this similar quick solution if it was a high-class..or super rich mansion they were talking abt???? πŸ˜• Don't know??? πŸ˜• Anyways...why bother now..😊

One thing..and after reading ur take..I m sure..Geet had the talent..potential and given a chance..she could have proved to be much better and successful in business..than Maan..πŸ˜†Thank God..she is with Maan and not on the rival side...πŸ˜† 
This is exactly..what I wanted CVs to explore more abt Geet's char esp..pertaining to work/business.. in real terms Mrs.Maan Singh Khurana...and of course..it would have taken Geet's char to a whole new level..πŸ˜• but sadly..they never did..and the worst days were seeing this same Geet chopping tomatoes...😑😭 ..Again..forget it...

Btw..the bold line..was a cracker...πŸ˜† I loved it..πŸ˜†
Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago