Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
 Jyo Ur omg  omg omg reminds me some one buddy. I agree he is looking yummy in that white  shirtπŸ˜‰ but Omg patent😈 Edited by AAricha - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ah! How I love working-girl Geet 😍 and how I pined for her after marriage, only to catch the briefest of glimpses when MP1 was kind enough to bestow us with them. 😭

Anyway, onto the episode. I am not going to do a full analysis today because I feel you guys have said most of what there is to be said but I do want to answer a question that Sia posed, which came to my mind while watching the episode (I answered your question before you asked it!) and here it is.

Sia, you asked why Maan could not think of a similar way out to what Geet came up with about the incomplete plots. I have always said this about Maan and Geets' characters. Maan sees things in black and white. Either things are right or wrong, good or bad, complete or incomplete etc. He just does not understand the concept of a middle ground, which is unfortunately for him, what most human beings inhahbit and contrary to his own belief, he is a human being. Geet is much more in tune with all the shades of grey and all the colours that occur between black and white. She can think on her feet, in the moment and if her plan fails, she doesn't consider it the opposite of success, as Maan does, but just a stumbling block on a grander path to the eventual goal.

So here we see Maan angry at himself and the company and declaring that if they cannot do a perfect job, they do not deserve the project. Geet on the other hand is accepting of human error and eager to fix, rather than accept one of a binary of possibilities. She doesn't see a binary, she sees a spectrum and so when one plan doesn't work out she goes to the next. And that is what she does here. When Maan has given up hope, Geet wins the client through this very humanity but also by mixing it with the knowledge and the business she already knows and presents them a convincing case. People always say that in interviews it is not always your resume that people go for, but it could be just your personality and the fact that you are somebody that that person would want to work with. For me, Geet falls into that latter category. In one go she shows the client that she is in tune with the essence of the project, resourceful and positive. Why would Mr. Chopra refuse?

On the other hand, Maan in all his extremes is somebody that people put up with for his hard and excellent work. But if they find someone like Geet, might they be willing to compromise on the quality to have a pleasant working experience? Because of his rigidity, Maan still sees this as a failure and his ego is probably bruised, having been rescued by his own private, personal damsel in distress and so he takes it out on Geet. Just because the situation was fixed, he can't just forgive the mistake that he thinks she made because to him, spontaneous solutions just don't count as real solutions.

The other think I loved was the mahi when Geet suggests the kitchen garden. Maan's face was like, "damn and she is smart too?" πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰

@Paro: Loved your comparison between NT and Sasha! It is so true, Sasha is just not as adept and if I am not wrong she admits it herself later in the story. πŸ˜†

Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Jyoti :

Your take reminded me of something I always wondered..No doubt it was Geet's creative thinking that saved the project..but if in her place it was some qualified person..with a proper degree and experience...as they are ones actually appointed in MNC's...(Right???) he/she would have checked the file first..and known that the papers are incomplete..and more..there are rough sketches in there..and avoided the mishap in the first place...πŸ˜• 

-richierich- thumbnail

pennu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Wow.. it was such a cute-funny epi...πŸ‘
Truely nothing is there to beat these office days Lovely...😳
Maan's dialogues to Geet were Awesome...πŸ˜ƒ

Jalthi merecabin aayoo..
Nahi kal..πŸ˜•
Abheee...😑😑
Andher aavo...πŸ˜ƒ
thumne suna nahi mene kya kaha, andher aavo...😑
Jaldiii...😑😑
BaitOoo..
Thume bhi mujchse kuch pblm hey...😲
Good..
jake Sasha ko bulavo..πŸ˜ƒ
Suno.. thume jaane ki zaroorat nahi hey..πŸ˜•
Phone karlo...😑
He was giving each and everthing to Geet.. What to do... how to do and when to do...🀣

Wo DEv ka bacha kya Geet ke saat phone pe flirt karne ki koshish karrahi thi...😑🀒
Those days i truly wished Dev not to come india so sooon...πŸ˜­πŸ˜†

Ahaa.. woh aya woh aya dekho woh aageya...πŸ˜‰ Mr.Chopra..πŸ˜†.

bcos of hime we got Kurba huwa...😍

Geet was superb in dealing with those clients...πŸ‘

-richierich- thumbnail
 Pennu best taunts in the episode,he is angry on dadima but he fires on geet & don't let her think properly, Pennu serious kal moi naukri karne lagi Aur aisa khadoos  Boss mil gaya toh kisse react karna hai ye lo geet se seekh lo.. Edited by AAricha - 12 years ago
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Samana,Penu,richa-Thanks for an analysis ,best one-liners and the cherishable pics respectively on prev pg that take me back with a whoosh *in flighty mode*

Honestly the butterflies this epi gave me with the amount of transitions is something I'm still to experience - really Geet's utter sincerity to perform well against all odds -despite the fear of Maan's wrath.

Looking back-I think the reason Geet brought that extra cutting-edge performance was not only to take the baby's responsibility or carve a niche in the big city with her professionalism -but to prove that Maan's so-called underestimation of her principles were wrong.

No wonder she contradicted the phobia,annoyance she had with her arrogant,rigid boss -by still upholding her stance with a strong voice.

But then again Mr Boss contradicted his "rules" by softening to her & accepting her opinions involuntarily (I lub those boss-secy days) 😳

Haila -that particular convo when Adi-Pinky "vanished" with MSK's arrival was hilarious-I still remember it in as much detail.

Geet's under-rated naive nature as newly appointed secy was performed with a poise by DD like no one else-GC too flowed smoothly with half miffed and half amused boss ...

The coffee mug -tussle was funny,yet held a hidden meaning with the liquid splashing on Dev's photo-that too on papers that signified his intrusion in Geet's life...

The fact that the past she wanted to confront laid as a shadow besides her & that to in a place she started a new beginning was scary 'n' ironical.

@Samana- Yup world was always on extremes for Maan whereas Geet walked the middle path of b/ light 'n' dark - probably signifying that she admitted being struck down & being vulnerable but was ready to overcome it.

Whereas Maan though persevering -was somehow stuck in his prejudices -though I can't ever blame him for that.

PS-Word "binary" is temporarily forbidden -coz then all those chapters regarding binary codes,microprocessors,ASCII etc etc keep zooming inside my head 'n' suddenly I get in my "study" mode which I want to unburden myself for a whileπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

Edited by Lily201 - 12 years ago
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Ah! How I love working-girl Geet 😍 and how I pined for her after marriage, only to catch the briefest of glimpses when MP1 was kind enough to bestow us with them. 😭

Agreed -those days were unbearable-we hung around like hungry wolves in vigil for a glimpse of a working Geet -but never were these scenes given the credence I hoped for.

And when they were given some screen-space -Nondoe and Preeto spoiled it with their nonsensical "hubby-fights"😑
-richierich- thumbnail
 Lily I liked Ur cofee symbolism dear,
@ Regarding BInary codes, Microprocessors & microcontrollers, I agree this is march Exams may be spinning Ur head & u want relax but they won't let u.πŸ˜†
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
EPISODE 55

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sutqkg21w-Y[/YOUTUBE]

Written Update (prettyfulwishes)

Recap: Geet holds Dev's visa papers but Savitri says she'll take them, and she'll deal with them; a potential client complains at the non-attention Maan has given his presentation and Sasha says that perhaps Geet photocopied the wrong file; Geet saves the day by explaining why the prints weren't made, but Maan tells her off and says she's only a secretary...

The episode starts with Maan storming into his office. He is thinking of the client's words about the presentation, and how the client asked if they couldn't complete a presentation, how would they be able to take on a big project? In his fustration, Maan slams open a file, and thinks on what he said to Geet after the presentation - that for the first time someone other than Maan spoke in a loud voice, and too because of her.
Maan looks down and notices the open file is the one of his readymade blueprints. He flicks through it, and wonders why the file is still here - what file did he give to Geet? A flashback is shown of Maan on the phone to Savitri, and in his focus on the conversation, he hands Geet the wrong file. He grimaces, and realises that he gave the wrong file to Geet, which means a mistake...
He walks to his chair, and sees an unmarked envelope. He opens it to find a letter from Geet stating that she's really sorry, and that she didn't know how sick his Dadi was. He thinks of how she tried to tell him that she just photocopied the file he gave her. He then mutters that for the first time, he's made a mistake.. a very big mistake. Well, if he's made the mistake, he'll rectify it. For the first time, Maan Singh Khurana is going to ask for forgiveness.

In Geet's office, she sobs and complains about Maan - what wrong did she do by finishing the presentation? Maan just doesn't understand her and she knows why - she doesn't wear nice clothes like Sasha and Tasha. (Huh? Geet darling, you look better then them anyday) She drinks water to calm herself down, and then holds her stomach as the baby must have kicked. She talks to the baby and apologises for getting so angry, but the baby doesn't need to worry, Geet is going to face every obstacle. (Cute scene of Geet)
Just then Maan walks into her office, and clears his throat. Geet stands up, and Maan is unsure of what to say, and Geet is curious as to why he isn't saying anything. Simultaneously they decide to talk, and then Geet tells Maan that whatever happened in the conference room wasn't her fault.
Maan asks Geet if he can talk now, when Pinky walks in with an apple in her hand. She asks Geet something (she talked so fast, I got confused) and mentions 'Dhak, dhak'. Maan looks up hearing that. Pinky tells Geet they should go, when Geet beckons towards Maan, and Pinky realises it's the boss. She starts stuttering, and Maan silences her with a look.
Geet asks Maan if he had any work for her, and Maan says that he wanted to tell her... that he wanted to say so... He stops, and says he had nothing to say to her. He'll talk to her tomorrow. He puts whatever was in his hand down, and takes his file back. He walks out and tells people off, and Geet & Pinky peek out, when Maan turns and they both busy themselves. (hilarious scene, I'm definitely watching it again)
Geet and Pinky giggle, before Geet calls him "khadoos" and says that he'll tell her off tomorrow, because he forgot to today. She picks up her bag ready to go, then softens and asks Pinky if she could use her computer. Pinky agrees, but asks why. Geet doesn't answer.

In the Khurana mansion (brace yourself ladies...) Maan is shirtless and warming up. 'Maahi' plays as he thinks of Geet's words. He thinks of his mistake, and thinks he'll rectify it. He thinks of his moments with Geet - in the office with the papers flying around; in the car when Geet bumps into him; Geet untangling the phone cord off Maan; Maan holding Geet's wrists. He wonders why Geet always torments him.
Geet is shown at Pinky's house, Googling 'Dev Khurana' and is amazed at the results. She asks God to help her.
Maan is fighting away, and thinks that he has to ask Geet for forgiveness.

The next day, Maan stops in front of Geet's office, and calls out her name. Geet freaks, and immediately stands up. Maan tells her to come into his office for she has to take dictation. She wonders why he's doing it so early.
In his office, Maan is mentioning how he hasn't ever said the word 'sorry' in his lifetime. He practices saying "I'm sorry". (Quite funny, especially when he smiles and says it. Does not suit him at all) Geet asks to come in, and Maan straightens up. He says yes, and as she walks towards him, he drops some files on the floor. They both crouch down to pick them up, and their hands both reach for the same one. Intense eyelock between ManEet before they both get up and bump their heads against each other.
He starts telling her off before turning and telling himself to calm down. Instead of him saying sorry, Geet apologises, and Maan mentions for her to sit down. They both sit, and Maan turns his chair around and thinks that he'll dictate first, because sorry isn't happening right now.
Geet calls sir, and Maan starts his dictation to Mr.Chopra. As he's talking, he looks at her, but when she looks up, he looks away. He ends the dictation by saying "I'm sorry" and Geet looks up confused. She asks him if that was all.
Maan thinks to himself that he's trying to say sorry, and she's brushed it aside? Geet says she'll be leaving, and Maan inwardly fumes. She leaves, and Maan starts complaining - he's trying to say sorry but she's acting as if nothing happened. What does she think of herself?

In the Khurana mansion, Savitri is telling Naintara that the difference b/w Maan and Dev is that when Maan is faced with a difficulty, he immediately looks for a solution; and when Dev is faced with a difficulty, he searches for the easiest solution. All Savitri hopes is that in these two months, Dev hasn't done something else wrong.
Naintara is silently freaking out as Savitri talks - thinking back to Geet's pregnancy and her interrogation of Dev. Naintara goes to Savitri and says there's nothing like that anymore - in fact she wanted Dev back here with Savitri, because he never goes against her.
Savitri then asks if Naintara is coming with her to recieve Dev at the airport, and Naintara says no. She assures Savitri that they haven't fought, it's just that she wants Dev to come to her - she wants to know how important she is in Dev's life. Savitri says it's the right thing to do and leaves. Naintara fumes that Savitri's grandson has committed a grave sin with Naintara.

In the Khurana building, Geet is walking out of Maan's office with files in her hand when Sasha screams out her name. Geet freaks, and drops all the files. Sasha scolds Geet for not doing her job right, and Geet asks what happened. Sasha asks Geet why MK would say "I'm sorry" to a client, and(in her innocence) Geet says she was just as amazed, but then she thought that Maan said it, so she wrote it. Sasha continues blaming Geet, and Maan walks outside.
Geet then tells Maan that he told her to take dictation, and she did. He said "I'm sorry" and she even cross-checked it. Maan then realises that she took his I'm sorry for dictation, and wonders what to do with this crazy girl. He walks off into his office smiling.
Sasha follows him and asks why he's giving Geet special treatment, and now he's laughing about it. Maan tells Sasha to sit down, and for her not to worry - it's only a small matter.
Back outside, Geet fumes and thinks that she's definitely going to talk to Maan. She walks back into his office, and Sasha tells her that they're busy. Geet says she's sorry, but that she wants to talk to Maan in private. Maan thinks that she wants to let it all out today.
He sends Sasha out of the office and waits for Geet to say something. The episode ends on Geet's expectant face.

Precap: Guess who's walking into the Khurana building! He walks past Maan's office where Geet is standing mouth open in front of Maan...