Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Ohh! Forgot to mention ...

GCs shirt at the back was stained with sweat..

Goes to show how long they'd been working under the sun in such hard outdoor shots (he was sweating bullets when he did the saving scene) and that they did such long shots within one day ... again cannot praise them enough for their hardwork and dedication.. takes real passion to want to do all that and not complain =)

Z
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Never take pics.. in the midst of an action sequence... coz even the HOTTEST actor looks the most ridiculous.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† e.g...

To all of you who are a part of this thread... CONGRATS for completing a century...πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ 
Though I miss out on many days..  I m happy to see this thread progressing... πŸ˜ŠI really enjoy reading everyone takes.. and discussions...😊
Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago
bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
sorry i went missing again...had a tortured week , first with tooth extraction, the swelling and then the drug allergy😭...
but am i glad that that i am back in this particular episode? but i find that i have nothing much to ad on the great analysis that have been presented...
just that this was another one of the best excecuted scenes from the hp days...be it the depth of meaning in the dialogues...the superb expressions ... the concern that breaks thru " see if i care " attitude...the shock that rendered geet almost lifeless... and the super action scene where maan saves geet ... what a shot that was πŸ‘
congrats on attaining century...
Edited by bangalores - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
EPISODE 38

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63OA7hv2o4A[/YOUTUBE]

**For some reason in all the videos I found the scene where she tells her family is messed up sound wise. If you have a video that shows it clearly do share!**

Written Update (prettyfulwishes)

Recap: Maan tells Geet off - he wonders if she's run away from home, and Geet tells him to mind his own business; Brij realises that Geet isn't in the house but Rajji won't tell him where she is; Geet walks towards the registry office and Maan loses sight of her; Geet waits for Dev but sees Naintara who tells Geet that she and Dev are married, and that Geet needs to get an abortion...

The episode starts with Geet at the Golden Temple. A montage is shown of her praying, and walking along the bank, while remembering what Naintara told her about the marriage being fake. She asks Babaji for guidance now that she's pregnant with Dev's child.
Maan is shown washing himself in the water, as Geet is praying for a way out of this mess. She then hears a baby laughing, and turns to see a mother and her child. Maan gets out of the water, as the baby is laughing (it's that ringtone laugh, how cute). Geet holds her stomach as she watches the mother and child, and Maan passes her (meaning he's going to be a part of her way out, awww).
Geet thanks Babaji for showing her the way, now she knows what to do (ie. keep the baby no matter what).

Back at Geet's house, Rano is beside herself with worry for what Geet could be doing. Nurpinder goes to Brij and cries that he just believed someone on the phone. It could have been anyone. But Brij reminds his mother that Geet isn't in her room, and no one knows if she did run away.
Darji tells Brij to go to Amritsar to find Geet. When she gets back, they'll find out the truth. Rano begs Darji not to do anything to Geet. Darji tells Brij to get Geet from Amritsar.. but he won't say a word to her. Darji will deal with her when she gets back. Rano and Nurpinder sigh in relief that Geet isn't going to die.. yet.
Rajji hears the interaction and worries for Geet.

Back in Amritsar, Geet is walking along the bazaar, and Maan is shown walking alongside her, but neither realises that the other is there. Geet thanks Babaji for showing her the right way, now she has the strength. She continues walking as Maan stops and prays a silent prayer to God.
He gets in his car and drives off, as Geet sits in the back of a truck with a singing group. A  sad song is played (I'm not too sure what it's called or anything - non-Punjabi here).
Geet thinks of Dev as the song is playing, and flashbacks are shown - Dev telling everyone she's the type of girl he wants, the rose scene and Dev saying 'I love you', when they first talk, and Dev tells her 'ever since I saw you, I've been dreaming of making you my wife..'; and then running looking for Dev at the airport, Brij slapping her, Geet holding a piece of hot coal in her hand, Brij telling her to take her mangalsutra and sindoor off - and then her wiping it off; Geet telling her dad that Dev killed that Geet she once was..
The song continues as Geet closes her eyes, and Maan is driving. Geet's flashbacks continue - Dev telling Geet he'll never leave her on their suhaag raat, Geet burning her wedding clothes; Naintara telling Geet that she is Dev's wife..
Just then Brij pulls up in front of the truck, and gets in the back. He notices Geet, and grabs her - telling her that she can't have thought of getting away from him. He takes her down.

Back at the house, Geet faces Darji. Nurpinder tells Rano to stop crying as Darji turns his wrath on Geet. She puts her head down as Darji asks her where was her modesty when she ran away from home. He screams for her to answer what she was doing there.

geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Geet episode 38:

This episode was a very disturbing one for me maybe because I know what all difficulties Geet was going to face bcos of her decision. Also it takes a lot of guts to take a decision like she did. To be from a small village and to think that she could actually be a single mother is very difficult to imagine. Thankfully for Geet there came a Maan in her life and if she had not made the announcement in the office no one would have even guessed (thanks to her having no tummy everπŸ˜•). But what if that was not the case? Maan had just carried an unconscious Geet and all the villagers had made mincemeat of Geet's reputation. 😲Maybe I am thinking of what could have been had she not moved to Delhi and fallen in love with Maan. It was only NT who once taunted her about her having a baby without a marriage during the khoon bhari maang sequence and that had emotionally affected Geet a lot and if there had not been a Maan around to fill her maang then what? πŸ˜•Even if we make a wild assumption that Geet's family was supportive still I am thinking of the situation of a girl who would have to go through the taunts and insults day in and day out of being a single mother in a small village and of course the trauma the child would face. Of course the fact that the family hid the truth of Dev's cheating Geet does not help bcos now a person who does not know the whole story would even go to the extent of doubting her character like taayiji did. I don't know if I am rambling but I am thinking of a girl in real life who could be at this crossroads. To keep the baby would have been a very tough decision to take. The story teller of Geet had to definitely be appreciated for letting Geet take this decision rather than the much easier one bcos it motivates many such girls to fight for what is right whatever that decision might be.πŸ‘πŸ‘

Of course Geet's undying belief in Babaji is what gives her strength as we can see at the Golden Temple. I know that when Geet asked Babaji to show her the path though she only saw the happy child and thought that was Babaji's sign to keep the baby, Babaji did show Geet also another aspect of her future that he had planned for her in the form of Maan and his company that she unknowingly has throughout the visit and even after.😳😳 Maan's shorts I felt was looking out of place and little funny πŸ˜†πŸ˜†but maybe it is the rule when taking bath in the temple pond that they can't wear a pant? I am just guessing. His top part looked as gorgeous and hot as ever but the shorts did put me off a wee bitπŸ˜’πŸ˜†. Of course he more than compensated for it by coming in that gorgeous purple kurta.😳😳 The kurta definitely suits him a lot and even in his Amritsar days he should have worn them rather than those tight cartoon shirts and jeans that he wore😑. He would have definitely looked like a sona munda.😎😳😳

I didn't now there was a song like this in the series.πŸ˜• The song was good but I didn't understand the significance of showing Maan in between.πŸ˜• The words of the song did describe Geet's feelings with respect to her unfortunate experience with Dev😑 but maybe someone can explain Maan's presence in context of the song. πŸ˜•

I would have preferred if they had shown Geet come back on her own to her house which she was I think planning to do anyway rather than being hunted down by Brij because that kind of put her at a disadvantage. What follows is heartbreakingly predictable and poor Rupinder thinks she is being practical and saving Geet's life from Brij's hands when she proposes her idea. But Geet drops her atom bomb.😲 I like the way her face goes like "It is my baby you all are talking about here. It is a part of me. Don't you guys realize that?"  The next few episodes are again going to be tough ones. Babaji give me strength.πŸ˜”

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Aaah one of my favouirte HP episode 😳😳...I simply loved the symbolisms shown in this Golden temple episode with that Satnam background voice ...simply divine ...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Geet had gone to the Golden temple to find her answers and she got her answers in the form of Maan coming out of that water and passing by from her behind 😳 ..Even though she could not see Maan passing by but she could feel a divine intervention that moment and she felt like she got the answer to all her questions and thats when she decides to give birth to her baby against all odds ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️..What a brilliant symbolism πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ ..CVs tried to indicate that Babaji had sent Maan as her saviour and soulmate and he is the reply to all her answers which she may not see now but could get the feeling just with his presense around her 😳😳 .

Both Maan and Geet could not see each other in the Golden temple but could somehow find themselves at peace over there because this is the time God Almighty wrote their togetherness and it was the baby which will further connect them into a eternal bond forever 😳😳...

I remember later when Maan told that after Geet came in his life ,he started believing in God ,that time we all had a huge debate over this dialogue in the Den πŸ˜† because Maan had visited Golden temple and Dargah earlier before falling in love with Geet πŸ˜› ;But when I see this episode I feel Maan always had a certain religious faith in God but mayb he never believed in God doing some miracles as such but he started believing in it more deeply after Geet came in his life 😳😳...

Last part was scary with Brij grabbing Geet once again in the truck and taking her to that Handa Jail for further torture 😭...But this time Geet is more strong and determined to fight her own battles ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️...

On a light note ,I remember in this episode more than the divine connection ,we were busy lusting over Maan's hot hot body ...ishhh😳😳 and we had a interesting discussion over why his legs r thinner than his broad upperpart πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜›...Gosh during those days we used to hv huge discussions for every small observations πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...GHSP really made many of us pervy πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Overall a wonderful Episode and Brilliant Camerawork ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
sia221 thumbnail
Wasn't the intro scene amazingly executed???? 😊The scene ranged from Geet's confusion- Babaji's indication- till her resolve.. everything covered beautifully including the Golden Temple.. and not to forget.. Topless and almost Bottomless..(sorry 3/4th)πŸ˜† WET Maan(Thank u Babaji... what an indication !!!!!πŸ˜†)...within that initial 4-5 minutes... only disruption was that fake-mobile-ringtone-laugh of that childπŸ˜†.. otherwise.. PERFECT !!!!

That reminds me..  was Maan a Believer in GOD these days????πŸ˜• ..coz here he is clearly praying.. taking the holy bath etc.. but if I remember...in the later epi.. they made him look..as a NON-Believer...my best  guess.. wld be... so that he appears more rude and practical...😊

I really like the fact that the orig team took some REALISTIC shots😊...like the whole accident scene in the last epi.. the GOLDEN TEMPLE seq in this one..on the real location and not on some set.. Ph had money those days.. unlike the later Asar-centered track which was shot in a cubicle...😑

The song seq.. was also nice.. but showing Maan in btwn??? did that song apply to Maan also??? was he thinking of Geet??? πŸ˜³

There is a marked contrast in Geet's stance/attitude.. when she is standing in front of her family...as compared to earlier scenes..there is  No defiance..no rudeness..she is scared..but.. (I dont know how to put it...) clear in her thoughts..a firm look???πŸ˜•...that comes after one has made a decision...I liked the fact that Geet takes the responsibility on herself.. rather than keeping quiet...of both.. when she speaks for her father and then the Dai-ma's verdict...she is really becoming independent and strong day-by day😊.. No doubt.. Maan fell for her...πŸ˜†

NOOO !!!!!  Dev ke bacche ki Maa Bannewali Hoon...Nahiii !!!!!!! (I literally covered my ears.. when I heard this...one..of course..bcoz I didn't want this to happen..sec...bcoz its the most cliched-filmy dialogueπŸ˜†..)

I knew it..the moment this preg truth will be out..Daarji and Brij will blame the whole thing on Geet..😑Just what did Daarji mean...that she voluntarily slept with the guy for fun...😑(sorry.. its blunt.. but that's what he meant??? ) Never ever.. even for a sec.. he accepted that he IS at fault somewhere...Thank god..for her parents..esp.. Mohinder.. and surprisingly.. Chachiji.. to differ from them..and tell the truth..
Brij is toh.. ever-ready to get rid of this MUSIBAT.. Geet.. so this comes as a perfect opportunity for him...😑

May be.. Geet believed that.. if not the men.. but the ladies of this house.. will understand her situation..sp.. her mother.. so I guess.. thats why.. Chachiji's solution.. comes as a shock to Geet.. πŸ˜²

From here on.. we see.. the beginning of Geet's real and ultimate fight..😭(which I feel was the whole crux of this serial..) with her family.. society.. till now she was a wife.. trying to get justice.. but now she is a mother.. trying  to protect her unborn child..😭
sia221 thumbnail
@ Paro:

Thats what I have been wondering.. if they weren't the victims of low TRPs.. and not started with the Delhi track..what had they originally planned??? someone ask them this question yaar...too late..anyways..I m sure.. it would have been interesting to watch.. given the strong SL of our present epi... 

@ Jyoti :

Wow.. so there was a controversy on Maan-God relation !!!πŸ˜† and I thought I was the only one to get that doubt..silly me...πŸ˜†and  you gave a better explanation... may be he believed in God.. but never asked for any favor(or miracle).like when it was a question of Geet's life  or.. helping him find Geet etc...until she came into his life.😊

Samanalyse thumbnail
I just love this golden temple sequence! It is chock full of symbolism and I would love to analyse it frame by frame but I am running a little short on time today so you will have to make do with the abbreviated version and the scenes that really stood out.

I loved the scene where Geet asks babaji for guidance and he actually gives it to her! As soon as she opens her eyes, she sees a mother with her child, laughing. This to Geet is message enough, although to be honest, I don't think she really needed this message. To me she had already made up her mind and although this sign from babaji was a blessing for her, I don't think she would have aborted her baby in any case. However, Geet only sees part of babaji's message, because the other part is wet and shirtless, behind her. ☺️

I have to agree with Paro on the shorts. They were not bad themselves, just funny the way they stick to his legs in the front. πŸ˜† But I was having all kinds of ahem, thoughts when I saw him emerge from that water with droplets just travelling slowly down his back...issh.

Anyway, I loved the thought that babaji seemed to be giving her one message, but in reality that was only a blessing for a decision she had already made, and the real blessing and the way forward was in front of her but not revealed to her just yet. This whole sequence seemed to glow with divine intervention. The fact that Maan and Geet did not meet though, showed that they are not destined to be one in that divine context just yet. They are still very much individuals on their own journeys, dealing with their own problems.

Geet steps into the water while Maan is shown coming out of it after being fully immersed. Could this be a sign that on their separate journeys, where Maan is now emerging from his darkest times (which of course we will never know anything about) and Geet is just entering her most painful days. It also threw back to their first meeting where he rescues her from drowning. He will help her survive when her life's problems threaten to overtake her and he is coming out of the water to do that, though neither of them know it yet. I like to imagine babaji is having an indulgent chuckle during this scene. 😳

Finally, like I said, there relationship hasn't reached that stage, though their connection has been established without either of their knowledge. I loved how when they were walking parallel to each other, between them were rumaals, something that is used for cleaning, for healing and that is what they are out to do for each other, and what will eventually bind them. Finally, their path meets at babaji where we see him in a gesture of blessing and Maan's profile comes into view behind the picture. This is babahi's blessing for Geet and Geet is his blessing for Maan, though at this point only we viewers know it.

NT really knows where to get Geet, doesn't she? I love how she used her knowledge of the Handa parivar and the knowledge of what Brij's reaction would be to ensure Geet was caught.

Finally, that last scene of confession and confrontation can be looked at in many ways. I know we like to see Tayji as the bad guy who wanted to smooth things over and brush the truth under the carpet, but I also saw another woman, fighting for her child. Had I not heard her stand up for Geet before, I would not have seen it this way, but she truly is a loving woman that has just had to face up to the realities of a patriarchal household and considering how ineffectual her husband is, in some ways she has to wear the pants (lucky that she is Punjabi! πŸ˜†). Anyway this could also be seen, only from Tayji's perspective as another mother fighting for her child, because Geet is her child and just as Geet is thinking of her baby, Tayji is thinking of her.

I guess this got long after all... Oh well, I am sure you don't mind!
Samanalyse thumbnail
@Jyo and Sia: I too had the question of Maan's religion/atheism after seeing this episode. And I don't know if the CVs thought of this but you know me, I have an explanation for everything! πŸ˜† So I think Maan's relationship with God is the same as his relationship with women. He likes to be indifferent and hate them so he can avoid the pain of having faith in something and then having it broken. Just like he had a bad experience in the past with women that made him hate them, maybe there was a time or several when he trusted in god and that faith was shattered. Also, believing in god, much like falling in love means giving up some control, which Maan does not like so I think he likes to believe he can be indifferent to god. However, the same way he is disrespectful of women in words, but inherently respectful of them in actions, he is indifferent to god in words but actually moved by these religious experiences, being such an honest and simple person. So we see him being indifferent until he is inside one of these places, here the GT and later in the dargah, but after being totally involved.

That reminds me, I forgot to add, the next time we get the same divine feeling in MG's relationship is at the dargah. There, Maaneet are both accepting the blessing that was given to them by god/destiny, whatever you want to call it. Here we get a silent message that they are meant for each other and there it goes one step further, with the baba's blessing of their "jodi" which is another prediction for the future of their relationship.

@Bindu: That sounds awful! I am glad you are feeling better and look forward to your analyses!
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago