Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sia221

nice analysis.. Though the fact that he slept with Geet only to divert himself is little hard to digest... coz he def had the lusty look n some really dirty thoughts when he was with Geet in the car.. n that was before the car broke down...so I feel it was his sheer pervertness... that he did it...😑

I agree that in the car he was feeling attracted to her and that was sheer perverseness, yes. But I think he felt safe in that nothing really could happen as they were going towards NT and the plan was going fine. He could convince himself that he was just playing the game with Geet and in no time NT would be there to take the reigns. But when the car broke down, he freaked out at such a tempting diversion from the plan. And he did ignore Geet for a while, but at some point, her innocence and trust in him got him into the game again.

So what I am trying to say was that the attraction was there, and he was well aware of it, but he acted on it only to distract himself from his own discomfort on being alone with Geet, which is selfish, and completely depraved, as he is wronging not only Geet but NT as well.

Like I said, to me this is worse than just being a pervert, which he is in any case for even feeling the attraction, as he takes advantage of situations and people to do exactly what is convenient for him at that moment, without thinking about anyone but himself. For me, even his repentance reeks of this selfishness because he just abandons NT in the lurch, after cheating on her, makes her out to be the bad guy and hides under Meera's pallu. Just thinking about it gives me the creepy crawlies. 😑
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Samana:

When the car broke down.. for a moment..Dev did get frustrated bcoz there was a halt in his plan which was going on so smoothly..in that he even ignores Geet for sometime.. But then as u said.. Her innocence takes over.. So here he takes it as an opportunity to spend the night with Geet..If he was so much afraid of spilling the beans.. So much dependent on NT that her absence made him uncomfortable.. wouldn't he have spoken to NT d moment he was alone??.. But on the contrary.. He CUTS her call.. Which clearly showed his intentions for Geet.. πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

Now I m not opposing u Samana.. In fact I like this totally new view of seeing the reason for Dev's deed.. So I m just trying to understand.. Of course in the end.. He is one selfish jerk.. Who actually doesn't deserve to live.. After what he did.. 😑Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
@Sia: There is no such thing as opposing in a discussion like this because we can really only give our views as we can never really know what another person, that too a fictional one, is thinking. πŸ˜†

To answer your question, I would say, had NT called when Dev was ignoring Geet after the car broke down, I think he might have picked up but she called after Geet had unconsciously charmed him with her innocence. At that point he was already immersed in the role of the simple guy who wooed Geet and didn't want any interruptions at that point. So what I am trying to say is that he tried to avoid his guilt or discomfort, whatever you want to call it, by convincing himself of the reality of his relationship with Geet at that moment. This is especially evident to me when he says, maybe this is what fate wanted. I mean, how does that make ANY sense?!

Another thing I forgot to mention, is that all these switches in Dev's character happen to a large extent on a subconscious level. In the immediate sense, as far as the decisions he makes go, I think they are mostly whatever he wants to do at that moment, with no thought for anyone or the implications. But I think the complexity lies underneath that make him waver from a set goal so often. To me, this is why he is always looking for a short cut. He has a tendency to get distracted unless he is firmly controlled. Even in Delhi, the plan was to confess his gunah to Maan and he got distracted by Meera and never managed to do it.

Does that make any more sense? πŸ˜•

And just to be clear, I am not considering the post-Maaneet wedding Dev in my analysis. That was an entirely different character altogether. 🀒
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Sia: There is no such thing as opposing in a discussion like this because we can really only give our views as we can never really know what another person, that too a fictional one, is thinking. πŸ˜†

Another thing I forgot to mention, is that all these switches in Dev's character happen to a large extent on a subconscious level. In the immediate sense, as far as the decisions he makes go, I think they are mostly whatever he wants to do at that moment, with no thought for anyone or the implications. But I think the complexity lies underneath that make him waver from a set goal so often. To me, this is why he is always looking for a short cut. He has a tendency to get distracted unless he is firmly controlled. Even in Delhi, the plan was to confess his gunah to Maan and he got distracted by Meera and never managed to do it.

Does that make any more sense? πŸ˜•

Samana.. I had to clear my views..though its just exchange of POVs.. you never know.. which word.. what statement might just offend the other person( even fictional..πŸ˜†)..and in no time it may turn into a war-zone...πŸ˜†

This def makes sense now...In your initial posts.. it gave me an impression of Dev being something like a tortured soul.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

@ BOLD..  this is the point I wanted to make... Dev was attracted to Geet.. he found an opportunity.. somehow justifies himself...(FATE πŸ€’) n sleeps with her.. Thats it !!!! To Hell with NT.. for that matter to hell with Geet also.. coz he knows he is going to leave her the next day..😑so at point of time its just him n his selfish desire...😑😑 

Btw.. COMPLEXITY of his char?????.. I will say... its his IMMORAL and SPINELESS quality that makes him waver from his decisions...and makes him an ultimate LOSERπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Sia, I just had to reply to you quickly before posting the next episode. I don't disagree with Dev being spineless and immoral but I am saying the complexity of his character lies in WHY he is spineless and immoral. That being said, I like that he isn't a flat character but one that can be analysed in many layers. As for him being a tortured soul, I don't think that is entirely wrong. I believe most people who commit heinous crimes and crimes against humanity are tortured souls, not that this forgives the crime itself, understand. I actually like that in the story so far there are no flat, predictable characters, no characters which can carry the label "bad" as all of them work from certain motivations which to them are justified. Even Brij, in all his craziness wants his family's honour to remain and has convinced himself that he can go to any lengths to ensure this. Like I said, giving a justification and trying to understand a criminal's psyche does not excuse the crime but is interesting to think about.

I think Dev's inferiority complex with Maan and might play a huge role in why he had so many girlfriends and is such a terrible womaniser. He wants that attention and admiration from somewhere and the complete faith that Geet had in him must have been irresistible to someone who has always played second fiddle, first to Maan and then to NT.

To me it is actually more disturbing when you get into the nitty-gritties of the psyche behind crimes than to just plain believe they were pure evil. So when I see Dev do what he does, I automatically search for why he might be doing that because him being evil or a pervert just doesn't cover it for me. We can of course continue the discussion after we do the takes on today's episode which I am about to put up. πŸ˜ƒ
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Samana Just saw your post. Will hold my horses for now.😳
Edited by geetaddict - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
EPISODE 26

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqvKTDjiyg8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR9IMBYqJmo[/YOUTUBE]

Written Update (By -bhootni-)

Recap:  Geet finds out Dev's number and calls him...Geet but she hides in Maan's jeep

Now agaye

Geet gets up from her hiding place...she looks around and then asks Maan to please stop the car. He finally looks in the rearview mirror...and turns around at the speed of lighting shouting tum!! πŸ˜† Geet is shocked as well and says app!! He cannot control the car as Geet says stop the car immediately. Maan continues to drive and says your dad hasn't hired me as your driver that I will stop my jeep on your order...Geet is preplexed! I won't stop it! Geet asks what do you mean? He says I mean that first of all you hid in my jeep without my knowledge and you're showing ME attitude! As he changes the gear...Geet says that you should be happy that I listened to your advice! Maan says what? Geet answers that the last time we met you said that I should stop crying now you stop the car. Maan says that the jeep will only stop where it is intended to stop. Geet is shocked as Maan continues that if you want to get off you're more than welcome to jump off got it? Geet is scared now and yells what? I said stop the car! But Maan continues to drive as Geet also continues to protest...where are you taking me? I said stop the car!

On the other hand, Rajji is crying that no one was helping her so I...everyone is shocked as Brij walks around in anger. Rano keeps on saying Hai Rabba as Taayji tells her to keep quiet and Rajji runs to Dolly as she consoles her. Rano concludes that her Geet has ran away...our doubt has been proven right. Mahinder asks what does she want to say? Say it clearly! Rano says that I am telling the truth I went to Geet's room and saw that *something* was broken and when I opened her cupboard...there weren't any clothes in there (how can she fit all those clothes in that little bag?) Then it means that she has...Mahinder asks why didn't you tell us this before? But Brij interupts and says how can she run away like this? He pulls Rajji away from Dolly as his mother and father try to stop him from hitting her. He asks where is Geet? Taayji finally frees her daughter as Brij yells speak up or I'll cut you pieces (ughh killer!) Taayji asks her to speak up! Say where Geet is? Rajji says mommyji Geet didi wanted to talk to Dev jiju so we went to find the number. Brij says that she is probably still around...I'll go find her! Mahinder stops him and says that he'll tag along. But Brij tells him to take care of Daarji and leaves.

Maan finally stops in Geet's land and she wonders who has cut the trees from here? Maan asks what are you going to take for leaving from here? Jeep has stopped! Geet says that I will get off your jeep but when are you going to get off my land!? Maan looks angry and says first you got into my jeep and now you are saying that my land is your's! Geet gets off the jeep in anger and goes to the passenger side to say that this land is not your's! Maan's angry looks changes into one of a smirk and Geet looks maha confused. Maan gets off his jeep and walks around to where Geet is standing. He says that even after learning how to talk...it hasn't done much for you! You still talk without thinking! But it's not your fault...you are a woman! (Beta don't make me get into the television and whack you!) Geet answers back that it is a man's defeat to think that all women are without a reasonable mind (you go girl! :P) When I didn't sell you my land...then how did you buy it? Maan turns to face Geet in anger which scares her and she moves back. Maan remembers farmers telling him that he must be mistaken...this land belongs to Daarji! He has named it to his grand-daughter Geet! Maan says oo so your name is Geet Handa? Geet replies yes! You remember your name but you don't remember that you have sold me this land! Geet notices the sign board with Maan's name and says Maan Singh Khurana...writing your name on somebody's land doesn't it make it your's! Even an unreasonable woman knows this fact! Maan turns around in anger yelling listen you! He wants to point his finger at her but Geet thinks that he is going to hit her so she gets scared! Maan puts his hand down and says that I am not weak that I will hit a person who is weaker than me! (I am not sure if I should be happy at that or mad that he is thinks women are weaker than men!) He further says don't be scared! Geet finally looks at him...Maan continues I know very well that using the brain is a good thing! He yells for his accountant who says coming sir! Munchiji says yes chote saabji...Maan asks him to show Geet the land papers...she doesn't believe that I have brough this land! Munchiji goes to get them after telling Maan that he'll just get them! Maan says that I know that you won't listen to me but I'll still tell you that before acting one should think (lol he gives so many advices!) You should look at the situation from a 360 degree angle before getting flown in emotions. Geet walks up to him in anger and says why? didn't you tell me last time that I should stand on my two feet! Maan remembers telling Geet that nothing will change in her life as long as she lives in fear and doesn't stand on her feet. He turns to her and says that along with that you should also know what is right and what is wrong! They both have a staring contest which is broken when the munchiji comes with the papers. Maan snatches the paper from his hand and opens it up! He gives the paper to Geet as he says that here are the land papers and now don't say that this not your sign! Geet Handa!

Geet starts to look through the paper and realizes that those are her signatures! She starts to walk away from them and says this is her signature! But I haven't signed any of the land papers! Geet remembers her Daarji giving Pammi and Kamya...Geet's jaidad papers and then Nainatra asking her to sign a blank piece of paper (lol I made my bro do that years ago...lol we were kids but it was still so much fun to tease him that I'll take all his money!) Geet starts to hyperventilate and remembers Brij saying that the person that she is trying to find has left her after betraying her! Daarji telling her to get rid of the suhaag ki nishaani and her yelling that he will come for sure and Taayji yelling that why don't you understand? He will never return! Basically all the flashbacks regarding Dev's betrayal! She faints as Brij's voice keeps on revolving in her mind that Dev has betrayed her!

Naintra is walking in anger as Pammi looks scared and Kamya is playing with the kangan like a little kid. Nainatra goes up to Kamya and says did you give them our number by mistake? Kamya denies saying what paarjaji? Do I look that stupid to you? Why will I give anyone our number? And that too Geet! Never! Nainatra gets a hold of her and in a strained voice says tell me the truth did you call here from that house or the guest house? Pammi looks scared and Kamya says that we were all in India then why will I call Canada? If I wanted to call...then I would have called Chandigardh to dadi's place (I am guessing Maan lives with her! She better be nice!) Nainatra yells if you haven't made the mistake and I haven't done it either then how did Geet find out the number? Nainatra realizes something and looks at Pammi who looks scared out of her wits. She walks up to her and says that mean you have! Pammi nods a yes! By mistake...I was worried what chote saab was eating...he doesn't take care of himself na! (Okay now I am confused...who is this person? Does Maan live in Canada too? BTW woah they have such a nice place...lol haven't seen that around Toronto :P) Nainatra yells that did you call him to tell him how we are or to tell on us? Tell me! Why did you call bade Veerji? Pammi says what are you saying nuraani (huh?) I am worried about all of you as much as I am about him! My lord knows that my life resides in Dev! Nainatra yells that she doesn't know if her life resides in Dev or not but all she knows that because of her our life is in sure danger! What if that girl comes here? Pammi looks scared while Kamya looks shocked! Pammi says oh Lord now what is going to happen? When I saw her for the first time...I knew that she seem to have a lot of patience but her eyes told a different story! She isn't going to give up really easily! She freaks out and asks Nainatra to say what is going to happen now? But Nainatra yells please for God sake! Kamya comes up to her and says what will we do now? She replies that what will we do? Nothing! I know Indian families way too well...and anyways in that house they do not listen to womenfolks!

On the other hand, Maan freaks out and says get up Geet...he is about to touch her but takes his hand away! Maan says I don't know why this girl always gets into trouble in front of me! Sometimes she drowns in the water and other times she faints! He tells munchiji to get water...who just yells for water instead of getting up and getting it! When water comes Maan sprays it on her face...or rather jerks water in her face in anger! Aww he says suniye! He concludes that it looks she's gotten sun stroke and that's why she fainted. We should take her to her house (oh please don't! They'll kill her or rather the floor lover will!) Munchiji interupts that leave her...let's get out of here! If something happens to the girl then we'll be in trouble! Maan says but it doesn't mean that we should leave her alone! Munchiji warns  him again and says I have heard really bad things about Handa family...think again! And you'll take their daughter home...I am scared even thinking about it! Maan looks at him in anger and hands him the water...Munchiji and the other guy leave! Maan then looks at an unconscious Geet and ends up picking her up in his bahon :P. He puts her in his jeep and looks at her...probably checking her out or rather thinking damn where am I stuck or maybe should I take her home or not...probably the latter. πŸ˜†

Daarji says that just once let Brij bring Geet back then see what I'll do to both of you...Geet and Rajji! They hear a car stopping...and Rano says looks like my Geet is here...my Geet is here...she is about to run outside when Daarji yells stop Rano! I'll see! Maan gets off his jeep and walks around to where Geet is. He picks her up and starts to walk to her house...as people on the street look on! Daarji opens the door and starts to walk outside with others following or rather running after him. Some random person says that this is Geet...another guy agrees...Daarji's grand-daughter! Who is this guy who is roaming around with her in his arms? What do I know? But an unmarried girl in a stranger's arms! Chi chi chi! See what is happening in Daarji's house who always wants to uphold traditions (idiots...she is unconscious! I mean seriously!) Maan stands in front of the family with Geet in his arms as Daarji and co look shocked...well Daarji looks more embarassed! Channi's mom comes and asks what is wrong with Geet? She remembers seeing Geet as a bride and says that she got married didn't she? Maan looks surprised! and all the other people have this shocked expression πŸ˜†. She continues did they kill her too? The family still has the shocked expression and refuse to move! Channi's mom points her finger at the family and says you all should be ruined! You killed her just like my Channi! You have ujjared her suhaag! Maan keeps looking at Geet and just then Brij arrives (it seems he went for a walk and not to find Geet πŸ˜†) Brij looks around and then runs to where Geet and Maan are...he pulls Channi's mom away and says that have you lost it? Geet is unmarried! But Channi's mom says that I know that she is married! Brij yells that she hasn't gotten married! Get out of here! He pushes her away and then walks up to Maan. He takes Maan's collar and says that before today no one has had the guts to look at our girl and you? Put Geet down! (oye floor lover she is unconscious smarty pants!) Maan looks at where Brij is holding his collar and then at Brij in anger!

Precap: The floor lover puts a burning coal on Geet's palm!😑😲

Samanalyse thumbnail
@Paro: No, let your horses run free! πŸ˜†
geetaddict thumbnail

GEET Episode 26:

This episode I felt belonged to Maan and only Maan.πŸ‘πŸ‘ I know GC is a very good actor but somehow for me it is the character rather than the actor that I keep falling in love over and over again.❀️ Again I must say that another actor could not have done the same justice to this character like GC did so he definitely is a star⭐️⭐️. I saw a very small scene  from IPKKND while channel hopping. We know the male lead is supposed to be a character similar to Maan and when I saw his face I was thinking what I would think when I see Aishwarya and our own dear Anvesha "trying" to "act" "Maybe if you tried moving your facial muscles a little bit it might help."πŸ˜†πŸ˜† And I heard today that our dear Anvesha is going to "act" in another serial. God help them.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Oh Maan and Geet what have you done to us. You have spoiled us for anything else.😭😭 I am not able to accept mediocrity anymore. Though I did it towards the end for Geet with the other characters still Maan and Geet kept me happy and satisfied.😳. Days like today I miss them like crazy.

OK coming back to the episode.
Like I said on Friday Geet is not necessarily in safer hands as we can see Maan completely ignoring her pleas to stop but going where he wants to go. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Then of course Baba Maan Singh Khurana starts his gyan.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But the fact that Geet temporarily forgot about her predicament when she saw her land being grabbed  by Maan shows that she is a Handa come what may😊. I felt like applauding when Geet comments that men are stupid to think that all women are weak.πŸ‘πŸ‘ Maan was being a little bit threatening and for someone like Geet who is used to being hit whether she is at fault or not her cringing reaction was natural. I loved Maan's comment that to hurt the weak is a symbol of their own weakness (excuse me who r u calling weak?πŸ˜²πŸ˜†). Men like Dev and Brij where indeed weak bcos they felt that physical force was the only way they could exert their supremacy. 😑😑But our dear Maan believes in his brain power.πŸ˜‰

And again have to give it to Geet Handa. She throws his own advice about standing in her own feet at his face and that leaves Maan stunned😲😲. And we get our first eyelock😍 which gets broken no thanks to Munshiji😑. I like the way they both act slightly guilty.😳 It shows that they are very mildly getting aware of the invisible thread of attraction they have for each other.😳

And then of course the scene like Samana said we were all dreading. 😭In her family's presence Geet is not able to think straight but in the company of this no nonsense guy Geet's mind starts putting everything that happened and the evidence before her eyes together. She realizes what Dev's words "Geet is exactly the kind of girl I was looking for" actually meant😑😑. And of course it is too much for her to handle. All her hopes, her dreams, her trust burnt to ashes. 😭😭Now I am not sure if this was just a reaction of shock or also bcos of her condition bcos it looks like now some time has passed. I am sure people who have watched these episodes can clarify that.πŸ˜•

Somehow I felt Kamya resembles NT more than Dev with her sharp nose. I had one major confusion. Why would Pammi mummy call Canada to know about Maan when it is never indicated that they were all living together in the same house or he even lived in Canada.πŸ˜• I thought he was always in Delhi. πŸ˜•Or am I wrong?πŸ˜• Pammi's eyes even though shocked and nervous looked pretty in that lighting. Again the way she was shown caring for Chote Saab for so many years without having any complaints but then later on was even ready to take his life is again hard to believe. Actually if Dev had continued to be in jail and Pammi had seen him suffering but felt helpless bcos of the lack of money then we could have digested the transformation better. Again NT's final comment on how men in Indian families hardly listen to the women unfortunately is true in many houses like Geet's.πŸ˜”

This is what makes you fall in love with the MSK. 😍He may seem irritable and prickly in the exterior but even after hearing Munshi's advice he chose to ignore it and help the unconscious Geet. Maybe his transformation was already starting or he was looking forward to the challenge of doing something everyone was scared about.πŸ˜ƒ And of course we see him giving Brij the look that would melt ordinary humans. Oh how I love that look on the freeze shot.😍

geetaddict thumbnail
@ Samana There now I can breathe better.πŸ˜ƒ And God know how many times I have asked my son to be patient.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But alas when it comes to Geet patience is def not my virtue.😳

Anyway loved your indepth analysis of Dev's character. I don't think the CVs ever would have put so much of thought when they shaped Dev's character as we all have in our posts.πŸ˜ƒ I think like Sia I too think more in black and white whereas you are able to identify the various shades of grey. According to me there may be many reasons why someone commits a crime as hurtful as Dev did but whatever be the reasons he needs to get what he deserves which unfortunately seldom happens even in real life.😭😭. So when we see the same injustice being done in reel life too and the culprit roaming scot free and romancing in the name of redemption we get very dissapointed. Also right now Geet's anguish is too fresh in our minds and our anger for Dev too strong for us to even think of Dev's layers😑😑. Maybe like Geet time and our hot hot Maan 😳will help us heal and understand your POV better.😊