Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Bindu: You are so right. Had the original team stuck on and sorted out their differences I am sure they would've delved more into Maan's past and the past of the Khurana Khandan as a whole. Thanx to Barry who had been there from the beginning, we got a teensie glimpse at Khurana's ancestry through the BR track .. Lala Amarnaat Khurana & Savitri Devi .. those are the only ones we'd known about .. but Vicky, Sam, and even DevTara's relation with MSK was something they had put on hold..and which unfortunately never got touched upon again =(

It is so heart-shattering to see Geet so determined to fight against her family in the matter of Dev. She decides to take off the signs of her marriage just temporarily until Dev returns =( Little did she know he was long gone with all her wealth and belongings. This makes me triply angry for what happens later on!

The men in the house make me want to bang my head against a wall. They only thought of themselves.. but that's how society is in these areas even today =( Sadly, male domination continues in the worst ways possible. I feel males should be able to control society and households in the right fashion. They should shoulder responsibilities BUT keep their women equal and lend them a hand instead of ordering them around. I mean yes, man has a responsibility and he should be the one taking care of families and societies -- but when they order around and rule over women with the perception that they OWN them, that's where it goes all wrong. NO. You do NOT own the women, so stop acting like every last decision should be yours -- no matter how inhumane and illogical it is! UFFF. Anyways .. you can see how frustrating it is to see these kind of people prevail in societies and the girls always being crushed under their rule without a say in anything -- even if it involves THEM! Poor Geet! She just didn't have the right to speak up about something so extremely important that has happened in her life and here the Handa men are saying to let it all go and that she should forget them. I understand why they're frustrated but come on! Geet is a matured girl, she is allowed to have a say in this.

But I love Geet's determination and the fire in her eyes shows just how much she is willing and capable of standing up for herself. This is all foreshadowing how she will eventually escape from the clutches of her honour-killing family and leave them for a brighter future for herself and her baby. And I can't wait to see how MSK helps her get there! =)

Z

bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Episode 23:
the land issue... wonder why the perseptive maan was unable to deduce that there was some trouble brewing in the family... the vibes b/w Brij nd Maan was there from earliest instances...
there is this one fact i wanted...there shud have been some flash backs from Maan a some point abt the way he hears geet's cries for Devji...to let us know he realized and understood the extend of the betrayal of his brother...
was it maan's acdice on Aazoo and brain that had geet back to acting meek in front off Darji when she was called to his presence...as earlier in the last episode she was shown to be almost crazy in her trust in Dev (muttering to herself)...
geet's words that Darji's trust in Dev was the initial reason for her doing so herself must have hurt a lot...
wud she have reacted differently if she was informed that the marriage it self was staged?
 i think Darji cudn't stand to admit even to the women in the family that he had been wrong...that he failed in his responsibility!

Episode 24:
finally i caught upπŸ˜ƒ...
Geet's deewangee...
she has finally taken up Maan's advice and stooped the rona dhona...a determined Geet with the fighting spirit now confined to her eyes...
did Darji miss that fire in Get's eyes? her father certainly didn't...
Edited by bangalores - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Zester after daarjee came for the wedding i was expecting Geet's immediate family to come into picture again not this amruthsar circus . If the Ph would have gathered all those people after the  wedding and did a story wid them it would have  been really perfect by all means. of samira,vicky at right time without wasting much time they would have given a perfect story. There were many good angles for a parallel track. All the Geet family members  were good actors I don't know why mrs cost cutting spoiled the whole story by sidelining them. Even meera ,jai  yash angle would have been best. they could have avoided Mel if they convinced Meera's  character.I didn't hear parneet did any show after that. They shd have convinced her instead of Mel.
-richierich- thumbnail
 Bindu it is shown that he has misunderstood the whole family. He thinks that family is cheating him by selling that land with the help of broker in double amount and delibrately missed the registration documents. He thinks geet is problematic.She is having affair wid some body so the parents are opposing her. I think at the time she called deveji  he didn't even know that geet is daarjee's grand daughter and he don't even know her name till now. 
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I know I said I would save my analysis for later, which I will but I couldn't help but mention this one thing. When Geet takes off her suhag ki nishani, it shows her sacrificing what is "right" in the eyes of the social construct created for her by Darjee for a bigger and more absolute sense and definition of "right", and that is to her the promise she knows she has made to Dev. It shows her adopting the attitude that physical or social signs and symbols no longer mean much in the face of promises, principles and the truth. This is highlighted later in the series more obviously when she stands up and fights for her baby's life as well when Maan says she is his standard of pavitrata. Married or not, pure or not is a state of mind and cannot be defined by physical incidences or objects.

I think this belief is what Maan and Geet have in common and why they immediately feel a sort of kindred-ness that eventually leads to attraction and a deep, abiding LOVE! 😳
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Geet is getting bolder n braver with every epi..
Here.. She not only for d first time speaks for herself.. She physically tries to stop Brij..Man.. This girl has really had enough of her family members non-sense.. πŸ˜† Geet realises the Hippocracy going on in the family.. Esp Daarji n Brij.. She always followed them blindly bcoz acc to her they were elders..however strict they may be..they knew what is right from wrong..   
So when Daarji, Brij n others instead of finding Dev.. Which is THE RIGHT thing.. They tell her to forget this whole chap.. This is giving Geet a real shock..

Geet's dialogue for Dev was actually melo-dramatic.. N also the song part though nicely executed.. was little stretched.. I think its  coz I m not fond of DRAMA that much..cant handle dramatic scenes... but DD was really convincing...😊

The last part was nice.. Geet now seeing the real face of her family.. Does not even hesitate to LIE in front of them.. She asks for forgiveness but the look on her face was totally devoid of emotions..( Actually a Vampy look..)
I really liked the scene.. When she comes down d stairs.. Everybody just runs n gathers around her.. Fearing what will she do now.. They r actually scared of Geet's reaction.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Mohinder :-D..this man.. knows his daughter or what!! πŸ˜† I have said it before too.. Its him n Maan..only ones in this entire story.. Who have really understood Geet.. πŸ˜ƒ
Lets see what happens next...

I still have to read everyones analysis.. Will do it in sometime.. Enjoy.. 😊 😊 Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
  Guys sorry iam late today. Today is episode-25πŸ‘πŸΌ

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-0DzOFD-30&feature[/YOUTUBE]

NOTE: This is gonna be a real quick update - like we're talking highlights for now. I will post the proper update tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your patience :)
  • Geet comes back from college, and starts changing out of her clothes when Rajji comes. Rajji realises that Geet is going to look for Dev, even if she took off her wedding ornaments. Rajji gives Geet money she saved up.
  • Brij finds out that Geet went to college - and isn't happy. He knows Geet is up to something.
  • Geet & Rajji go to the guest house that Dev & his family stayed at - and (what do ya know,) there was a proper Canadian number. So Geet & Rajji go to a phonebooth to call...
  • In the meantime, Rano walks into Geet's room for something, and Nurpinder walks in and sees Rajji's broken piggy bank. The women realise Geet's run away because her clothes aren't there. (Obviously Brij finds out...)
  • Geet calls the number given to her... OMG - it rings.. and guess who's number it is!! What do ya know - Dev really is a Canadian. Naintara picks up the phone, and totally freaks out that Geet has called. She realises that Geet is smart, and tells Dev that she (Naintara) is his only wife.
  • Brij is looking for Geet, and she runs in front of his car. He starts chasing her, and she ends up hiding in another Jeep. The Jeep drives off with Geet inside, hiding.
  • Brij is pretty angry, and then he sees Rajji looking for Geet. He grabs her forcefully, and takes her home. Rajji eventually admits that Geet has gone looking for Dev.
  • It seems to be a night of revelations because the driver of the Jeep is none other than Maan, and he hasn't realised that Geet is in his Jeep.. the epi ends on split shots of them.
  • Precap: Maan tells Geet the papers have her signature on it...
LOL. Quickest update yet, and again I'm totally sorry. It's just that if I don't sleep - my boss will kill me. And I need to stay alive for next week's updates. ;)

Much love.

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Episode 25 showed Geet's determination and belief in herself to do something on her own for the first time ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ..Even though her trust on Dev was wrong but her courage and determination to search for the guy was spot on πŸ‘πŸΌ..

I still remember Maan in first meeting told Geet that unless she starts helping herself ,noone can help her  and today Geet is actually following those words of Maan and is helping her ownself by trying to search for Dev rather than depending on others πŸ‘πŸ‘..

Rajji has always been a good support for her sister Geet but well she too was helpless somewhere because of those dominating hypocratic men of the house 😑...

It was really a courageous effort by Geet to call up on Dev's number πŸ‘πŸ‘ ;I wonder if Dev had picked up the phone instead of NT then what he would hv done here ?? πŸ€” He was shown getting a bit attracted towards Geet's memories ,so NT was getting insecure and mayb if Dev had taken the phone call ,who knows he might hv travelled to HP and mayb we would hv never got Maaneet love story then πŸ€”..So somewhere I feel like thanking NT in this scene for not telling Dev about Geet's phonecall πŸ˜†πŸ˜›...

Maaneet were destined to b together and this was indicated in the last scene again when Geet ends up hiding in Maan's jeep only 😳😳..Everytime Destiny made sure both are crossing each other's paths in some way 😳...

Overall Episode was a filler but an interesting one ...
bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
geet's determination and brij's "Ooyee" stood out...
Dev in his self indulgent mode... got to say NT did love her hubby...was she the brain behind the plan? knows her husband thru and thru' ...the way she cud catch on to his flash backs...
Geet ends up in Maan's jeep to get another instalment of 'Baba Maan singh's' quotesπŸ˜‰
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Geet is so stubborn (if one wants to criticise) or persistent (positive). I mean that girl never gives up. This really is such a positive characteristic of Geet. But it is really wasted on dat idiot n cheat dev. Ironically only two ppl really understands geet – her dad n her bro Brij. Last epi showed Mohinder not trusting geet's sudden capitulation. Today it is Brij's turn. He definitely does not trust geet for he feels she has become mad over dev. I really wish brij had caught dev in those days. He wd have got what he deserved.

Rajji was such a lovely sister. She is so caring n helpful to her sis in whatever decision she takes. D way geet carries her suhaag ki nishani n alternate dress shows her immense faith in her 'devji', poor girl! He really was not worth it. Aftr seeing these episodes I cant accept forgiveness track at all!

The guest house scene really showed the intelligence of both Handa girls! Very smart way to track somebody! Did Geet take dat  many clothes to create such a panic! And for such smart girls why did they leave evidences like broken pot? Didn't match their chr!

How happy Geet was whn she finally heard d phone ring! And d way her face glowed when she heard dev's voice n even NT's voice! Poor girl was so sure abt her 'pati dev'. I hate ppl who just don't react to d ringing of phone. D way NT n dev behaved was really irritating. There might be ppl n a hurry to contact n these two were not bothered at all!

Was geet planning to run away from home? I thought she was going to use college as excuse to search for dev but not leave house completely. In that case why didn't she hide whn she saw brij. Stupidly she comes in front of his jeep. But I am loving the pace of these episodes. It is so fast n I am not following our schedule, I am watching it earlier (unable to control, kya kare) itself. So geet hid n a jeep (I recognise Maan from his elegant fingers! Maaneet meet again! Cant wait!

NT looked really classy n elegant! (Karishma was really very good n dis evil role) dev's 'it is a business deal' was so heartless! What a loathsome chr he is!