OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 53

Posted: 12 years ago
 Geet complete fall into Dev's trust and suhag sentiment. She still believes that dev cannot betray  her. . Family members are worried about the incident happened. I can see except geet's father and mother everybody were thinking about the family prestige not about geey's agony. The marriage broker women spills out the truth thatdev's family bribed her to show  the girl. They were random people who came in search of a girl. First she showed a family where they demanded Huge dowry and the family head sold all his property and managed the amount but at the last moment they refused to marry that girl. Geet's father remember the women who came to tell him the truth. Darrjee warns that women not to tell anybody that such a match ever came to geet. Geet's mother & father are much worried about their daughter's fate but daarje wans everybody in the house not to leak the issue outside the house & asks geet 's mother to keep geet restricted to the house till they know the whereabouts of dev family.
  Geet is quite confident that dev cannot ditch her. wuth the help of tittu &rajji she manages to escape from the house in search of dev.. Maan is in the same place he bought chowdary handa's land from the broker which NT sold to the broker and his munshi notices that  some papers of the land dealing are missing. maan with a confidence says that we will not run after the broker. land belongs to handa family so he  will deal with them directly.
  Geet is on her way to search dev. she goes towards the guest house where dev  stayed. but she bumps her scooty with brij who is surprised to see her on the road. he force geet to sit in the jeep though she try to explain that she was searching dev. but he don't listen to her & daarjee  warns her but geet keeps on urging and saying dev is not wrong  daar gets furious on her and lifts his stick but somebody bangs the door.  here comes our hero saving her unknowingly. he bangs the door at right time before geet get hurt. here comes the saviour. Jyo Ure right instead of going to police they are punishing their own child who is so innocent .😑 The way brij says after marriage U got Ur voice was so egoistic.
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
Wow.. I m loving Geet more n more with every epi.. 😊
When noone is listening to her...Daredevil Geet.. runs away from d house to find d truth herself.. 😲 I just loved it..

Now I m confused after Geet's dialogue to Brij.. I felt now more than finding Dev for herself.. it has become a sort of an ego issue for Geet.. To prove her point here.. It was like.. she had enough of everyone's saying n that.. She should also be listened to.. I may be wrong but thats what I felt in that scene..sp d unmistakeable rebellious glare she was giving to Brij..

After 2-3 back to back.. Painful, depressing yet engrossing epis.. CVs still maintained the drama element.. Making sure that audience does not relax even for one epi..So yet again.. the stranger makes an entry.. No.. Wait..He has a name now.. Khurana.. Maan singh Khurana.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
N on top of that to make sure that the Viewers have not forgotten him..(which I m sure no one did..) They showed his FBs with Geet   πŸ˜³ from his talks..V see that Maan is a straight forward.. no non-sense guy.. Who likes solving his problems himself rather than depending on anyone else..n of course full of attitude..

If its not Dev.. Then its either Daarji or Brij who r there to boil ur blood 😑
Only way to avoid an argument or confrontation for either of them... The way out is by showing ur authority.. N that too by violence.. In a way it shows their helplessness n weakness..But its too late.. N there is no turning back for Geet now..

The best part..The land problem arises.. N so Maan enters Geet's house.. In face to face with Handa Family.. πŸ˜ƒ n what timing!!
Wait.. A symbolism here I guess..(my very first one) That.. In future.. Maan will always be there on time to save Geet from her troubles.. 😊 n he did that every time.. 😊 😳

Actually looking forward to tomo epi.. πŸ˜ƒ Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago
What a little firebrand our Geet is! 😲

I love how she is absolutely refusing to listen to anyone on this matter as she feels that blind trust in Dev and that blind devotion to her suhag. If we look at it that way, Maan is the one to eventually snap her out of her blindness several times and make her think outside the social system she has grown up in. The first time is when she finds out he now owns her land and she is snapped out of her blind trust of Dev now that she has proof of his betrayal, and the second is when he tells her to put her brother in jail, snapping her out of the blind trust in her family and her blind support of their honour which she has been brainwashed to think is of utmost importance.

I think this is what Maans entry symbolises, that he will be there to break her out of the cycle.

I also thought the loop closure was fabulous where the very first episodes we got Geet being hit for a crime she did not commit, losing her dupatta while riding the scooter with Titu and the match maker coming in with news of Dev saves her. Similarly, here Maan's entry saves her but here, Geet has actually committed the "fault", and a strikingly similar at that, that she is being punished for. So we see Dev entering her life when she had no freewill or agency and taking advantage of that. On the other hand, Maan enters to save her just when she begins to stand up for herself. Maan helps those who help themselves.

Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
It'll be hard to do the analysis today :( .. I'll try and do it tomorrow morning because I'll probably have a lot to write =p

Btw awesome analysis everyone =)

Sia: Loved your description of how Geet has changed within the last few epis and has become very daring and Sherni-like .. this is the Geet that Maan Singh Khurana fell in love with!

Sammy: Oh I love your connection and the closure of loops! Certainly MSK helps those who help themselves and are able to fend for themselves rather than always depend on others. He is a self-made man and he wanted a woman who was self-made as well.

And what better example of a self-made woman than Geet Handa?

Z
@ All:

I liked the point everyone is making abt Geet as a wife n her devotion towards d marriage..
Its such a contrast situation.. Dev for whom this marriage was nothing but a game.. Something that was a mere step in his evil plan.. For Geet it was a life-long commitment.. n somehow it is this feeling that is giving her strength to fight..
I feel now that if Dev wld hav left her before marriage.. Geet wld not hav gone to the extent of going against her family to find Dev..
Geet is so innocent n naive.. That she still cant cope with d fact that Dev.. Who gave her so much respect.. Had such good ideals.. was right in everyway.. Can break such a sacred bond of marriage..
oye koi kamini hai yaha?? Sabb bhag gaye kya?
SHIVOLINA!! πŸ€—

(Don't ask..it just popped into my head at my jubilation on seeing you πŸ˜›)

How are you? What's up?

Are you back for the beginning of the Maan era? ☺️

I have to go now but HI! πŸ˜ƒ
 Hi shiviπŸ€— long time see u ya. missing Ur symbolisms.Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
Hey Shivi..
U may not know me.. But I know u from the Den.. I really liked reading ur symbolisms.. Glad to see u back.. 😊 😊
Hey guys, interesting analysis going on... SOrry have not been as active as I would like to, but will try to come here more often from now on