Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 47

geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@ ZsterMG  you are right about the "Maan giving gyaan scene". He blames her for takking support from a guy at every walk of life and later becomes her support himself everytime she is in trouble. But then his words do give Geet the mental strength to stand up for what she knew was right later on.

At one moment she's with the one who takes away her dignity, the next she's with the one who would help her restore it! Brilliant, would be the word.

what an apt way of describing the scene.

@ priya I too was surprised that Dev was not only feeling not even a little bit guilty but looked like he was almost blaming NT for kind of forcing him in to spending the night with Geet. The "bad word". 😑

@ Jyothi Dev did steal away Geet's innocent pleasure of playing in the raina and made the memory a painful one but once again Maan helped her overcome that pain and we see them having a small but significant rain scene in the bankruptcy track.😊

@ Sia Though I am all for subtle displays of romance, Maan and Geet did take subtlety to a new level didn't theyπŸ˜†. Remember after the first tabela SR Maan keeps asking Geet the day after "kya hua tha special Geet bolo?" "And I was thinking Maan you don't know what happened? I am not surprised. Neither did we."πŸ˜†

@ Samana Wow I would have not thought of the part Channi's mom played in the general scheme of things but you are very right. She was quite instrumental, through the scumbag Dev of course, in making sure the curse was carried out. You could call it fate or destiny. Great symbolism.

Edited by geetaddict - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Samana:

What u said for NT.. is very true...πŸ˜•

I thought NT was a greedy, selfish lady...but from these last 2 epi..  its not like that... she actually loved Dev... may b SHE was d one who planned the whole thing.. but it was only to save Dev.. from his misery... 
CVs made NT d SOLE villian later on... n sadly changed her whole characterisation... made her ALL for money n power.. n that DEV was only being " USED" in this process.. as he is a KHURANA..
I hate CVs for that !!!!! 

@ Paro:

Pls.. dont call that thing SR...πŸ˜† it was nothing but a joke... the way they had hugely publicised it n all
 As for Maan 's dialogue... I thought.. Kuch hua tha Maan.. something happened... REALLY...!!!!!      πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
  Guys today is episode -18.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxqFNeGtBZg&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Recap: Geet tells Maan that no one has ever been able to love him, and no one will ever be able to; Naintara is screaming at Dev, asking how he could do this to her, how could he spend the night with someone else - he pushes her off him, and slaps her...

The episode starts with Naintara crying, telling Dev that she's not asking a question - he was meant to have reached Delhi by now, when Dev (by far the scariest one on this show atm) moves to slap her again, and she cowers in fear. He angrily tells her that his car broke down, and it's not his fault - he has already made it clear that no one will ask him questions, and Naintara knows this very well, and if she commits this mistake again, then she should watch out.
Naintara sobs as she tries to touch him, and tells Dev she loves him. Dev has had enough however, tells her to go before someone sees her here, and for her to wipe the tears - she's his wife, she's meant to listen. He tells Naintara that the next day he's bringing Geet to the airport - the plan is on. He motions for Naintara to go.

Geet is running through the corridor, and down the stairs wondering where Dev is. She reaches outside, and looks ahead of her, when Dev is shown behind her, watching her as she's looking for him. He walks up behind her, and smiles as he touches her hair (that music really is creepy). She whips around, relieved to see it's 'Devji'. She holds onto him, telling him never to leave her again. Dev strokes her hair with this truly freaky smile..
He puts his hands on her face, and tells her not to cry - he was only being naughty, as he wanted for them to hold each other like that (I wanna scream, damn it). He asks Geet how she could even think that he'd leave her, but if he does - to which Geet looks up shocked - then she should close her eyes and count to five, and he'll be in front of her. She smiles and hugs him again, thinking that with him, they have seven lifetimes to spend together. Dev thinks to himself "just a few more hours Geet, and this relation will be over soon..." (thanks flamingo_aries for what Dev actually said.. made more sense, so I could translate it)

The scene cuts to the airport, and Geet looks out the window expectantly. She gets out of the car, and wonders how many people are there, before turning around looking at Dev. It's then shown that Naintara & Pammi are standing behind her. Dev motions at Naintara, to which Geet turns and says her hellos. She goes to touch Pammi's feet, and notices Pammi's very worried. Naintara tells Geet that Pammi is just worn out from all the travelling (oh yeah, travelling).
Dev puts his bag on top of the rest of the luggage, and Kamya opens her mouth - "Highlight! Look at Dev's face, it's as if he hasn't slept the entire night!" Naintara looks up sharply, Geet looks down smiling shyly, and Dev looks sternly at Kamya. Naintara realises what's happened, and Dev tells off Kamya, saying she's always making up stories. Geet looks distraught at what he says.
Naintara tells Dev..ji if they're ready to go. He looks up, as Naintara says that as it's Geet's first international flight, it'll take her a little time to understand the procedures. Geet pipes up and mentions that forget an international flight, it's her first time in an airport. Pammi looks very worried as she hears this, but Naintara tenderly tells Geet "there's always a first time". She looks back at Dev, and asks "Let's go Devji?" Dev replies in the affirmative and leads the group to check in. Flashbacks are shown as Geet walks away with them -
Geet running through the field; dancing with the troupe on the bridge; telling Rajji she's going to be late; driving the scooter with Titu; her mum kissing her on the forehead; hugging her father..

They reach the check-in counter, and Dev gives the lady "passports for the five of us", and goes to put a bag on side, when Geet tells Dev that's her bag. Kamya tells Geet that it's not as if her bag is going with them (uh oh...), but the airline staff will get it to the plane for her. Dev breathes a sigh of relief (hah, suffer boy). Dev then goes to put another bag on the side, and Geet mentions that her jewellery is in there. Kamya says that's what they want, and everyone freaks out. But Kamya makes light of the situation, and the bag is put to the side - Naintara smiles as she watches this.
Dev tells the ladies to go to the waiting room as he's finishing up the check-in, and Geet tells him not to be too long, and Dev smiles. Naintara watches all this, and Dev's face changes.

The ladies go to sit in the waiting area, and Geet asks Pammi how long it'll take to get to Canada. Pammi replies by the next evening. She then says that by the next day, everything will be finished. Naintara is shocked, and Geet asks Pammi to repeat it, but Kamya cuts her off. Kamya then notices Geet looking around, and mentions that if she's so scared now, she's better off not coming to Canada! Naintara angrily says "Kamya!"
Dev comes at that moment and says there's been a bit of delay with the flights.. but boarding will begin in 20 minutes. Geet looks adoringly at Dev, and asks if he's alright. He says yes, and Naintara tells Geet that he's fine.. he's just a little scared of going on the plane - ever since childhood, he's been on planes, but he still fears boarding them. Kamya mentions that Pammi also has the same problem, and Geet says she's scared as well.
Naintara suggests to allieviate everyone's fears, why don't they separately get a cup of coffee. The scene intersperces with Dev's expectant face and Naintara's smile. Pammi gets really worried, but Geet is happy to do so. She asks Dev to come with, but Dev says for her to go. (the plan is obviously in motion. Evil people)
She leaves.. and Dev & Naintara look on as she does (they are going to be referred to as DevRa from now on) Dev mentions that the final part of the plan is in motion, and they smile. He asks his wife if they're ready to leave.

The scene cuts to Maan looking at the photo, and wondering if he'll ever find them. Someone comes in, and it's his manager/adviser. His manager asks him when he's going to stop looking for that person.. and Maan says until they find this person, and downs his alcohol. Munshiji (the manager) says for him not to boil his blood with alcohol, but for him to share his pain with someone, get married perhaps.
Maan looks downright angry, and cuts off Munshiji, asking him why he wanted him. Munshiji says that he was interested in the Chaudhary land. He tells Maan to call them, and when he does call, it turns out to be Geet's place - Rajji & Titu were playing snakes & ladders when the phone rings, but they don't answer it. Maan hangs up and tells Munshiji he'll get that property, no matter what it takes (oooh, a new mystery. This Maan person is shaping out to be *gasp* not so bad after all...)
Munshiji then picks up the taveez, and asks Maan when he was interested in them. Maan thinks back to Geet, and how he got the taveez. He tells Munshiji that no matter what happens, that taveez always comes back to him, and he goes to throw it away. But Munshiji stops him, and tells him that if this taveez keeps coming back to him, then it's a good sign. Maan looks thoughtful at this.

The scene cuts to Dev's family and Geet sitting around a table. Pammi is stressing hardcore, and Naintara stills her hand.  Kamya mentions that Geet is spending her last moments in India, and who knows when she'll be spending them here again? The order for their coffee is called out, and Geet mentions for Dev to get the coffee. Dev goes to do so, and while the barista has his back turned, he puts something in a coffee, while Naintara watches. Flashbacks are then shown of D&G - Dev telling Geet's family that she is the type of girl he wants, saying I love you to her in the rose scene, taking the saat phere, putting sindoor on her, kissing her shoulder during their suhaag raat; telling Geet he'll never be far away from her..
He ends by saying.. "Now's the time to say bye Geet."

Precap: Geet is screaming Dev's name as she's running through the airport, with security trying to stop her...

Done. And done. And I haven't stopped being angry at this whole situation. Here I was thinking he was gonna be the innocent one in this drama, but what do ya know. Evil people, evil minds. Anyway, hope you liked the update.
Much love.

Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
jigyasa28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Edited by jigyasa28 - 12 years ago
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you Richa for posting the episode.
Here goes my take for tonight.

Geet episode 18:

So the next episode is the actual betrayal. This one was also quite interesting. Dev just keeps on adding hate points for himself. 😑😑Again in the beginning we see a very dominant Dev. He was about to hit his wife again that too for suspecting him of something he actually is guilty of. 😲😲What kind of a person is he?  I have never seen NT cower in front of anybody but it was weird to see her do that in front of Dev. You can actually see how desperate she is for assurance from him that she still has his love. Like Samana and Sia mentioned earlier this does explain many of NT's actions later on. Whether they were right or wrong are a different matter. But Dev has no excuses at all.😑😑😑 He is the one who is actually evil personified.😈

Negativity or not Gul  Khan made one of the worst decisions of her life by letting such a low life scum escape without getting any punishment of any sort. If Dev's guilt had made him lose his sanity and he had been begging on the streets and then Geet had seen him and shown him some humanity, though he does not deserve any, maybe just maybe I might have put up with it in the name of positivity but what was shown later should not have ever happened.

And then the creepy slimy look on that "bad words" face when he touches a troubled Geet and then his lecherous dialogues to her just made me gag.😑😑 I am thinking of the kind of person who derives sadistic pleasure from telling her lies that he would never leave her and giving her false hopes. And the villainous expression on his face when he hugs her made me seriously contemplate squeezing out his life very slowly with my bare hands or maybe torture and kill him Dexter style.😑😑😑

Geet's awe at seeing the airport for the first time and her innocence just broke my heart.😭 There is seriously something wrong with Kamya. She seems to be deriving OTT pleasure from the whole charade. πŸ˜•Like I mentioned earlier she does seem like a psychopath. NT's eyes are shooting daggers at Dev because though he tries to deny it and shuts Kamya up, the expression on Geet's face at Kamya's comment does confirm her doubts regarding Dev. Geet has a small sense of uneasiness especially bcos of Kamya and her big mouth when she mentions the jewels and Pammi mummy's nervousness but then her trust in Dev unfortunately overpowers her innate sense of self preservation.😭😭

At the mention of coffee the expression on everyone's face was like NT had mentioned poison which it was in a sense. Some part of Geet did die after the betrayal. 😭😭So viewers would have suspected something was going to be fishy with the coffee drinking part. When they showed some kind serious expression on Dev's face the whole time he was in the airport and when he starts thinking about the last few days of his interaction with Geet I thought maybe there was some guilt in play but that crooked smile he gave to himself at the end just put to rest any such doubts. He is a cold blooded womanizer and cheat.😑😑

OK immersed in so much hatred for Dev I should not fail to mention Maan πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³β€“ a sight for sour eyes. First time we see Maan in his famous black vest which I ever doubt got thrown out or maybe they had innumerable vests all the colour black. Whatever be the case I am definitely not complaining.😍 He looked sooo sexy with that light stubble.😍

What though was brought into focus during his interaction with the Munshi was that he was shown respectful towards him though he was technically his employee. Though he is infamous for his temper and we can see how it flares up at the sight of the tabeez we can also see how Munshi is not bothered by it and deals with it very casually. This shows that people who actually love him and care for him know that he has a good heart inside all that prickly exterior.

Again the photo turns up and we also come to know he has been searching for that person in the photo for some years now. It is alsio shown that he sometimes tries to drown his sorrows by drinking. It can't be Dev since he knows Dev is in Canada. Sameera too is doubtful because of the mention of the long period of time. His mom is my best guess. But then this is going to be a mystery that may be revealed only if somebody feels like it when they bring in Geet season 2. πŸ˜•Let me end this take by drowning the hateful thoughts of Dev in my mind with the drooling thoughts of my HOT HOT Maan.😳😳 Looks like for some more days my last line is going to be "Not looking forward to seeing Geet in pain in the next episode."
-richierich- thumbnail
 Episode 18 is also  a part of dev family's conspiracy.Episode starts with Nt holding dev's shirt and yelling at him asking why he didn't reach delhi when he is supposed to. what is he alone doing with that girl in the hotel at night. He gets angry and slaps Nt. I think His guilt that he crossed the limits of the  plan was more bothering him. He says angrily Car brake down was the reason behind the stay. She warns him that she is his wife and according to plan Geet  is not. so he cannot cheat her se slaps her and ask her to go away before somebody sees them.
     Geet comes downstair searching for dev,she looks frightened & worried ,she starts her tears ,then dev appears and console her he wont be leaving her alone,he was just trying a prank to bring her close. she hugs and believes him again. One more time gadha dev try to win her confidence bcz their plan is coming to end.Nextday again dev & geet reach airport.Geet look nervous. Nt says nothing to worry.They are there wid her.  They go for boarding passes and luggage check up where her bag with gold  jewellary is taken away by dev ,geet says that is my bag suddenly kamya says we want that only. Suddenly everybody pissed off. then she corrects againsaying they will send it directly  into the plane. All go and relax till announcement. Geet innocently ask pummy how much time it will take to reach cannada.. she already in a guilt & nervous state says tomorrow afternoon & hints everything will be finished in a while.Nt gives a evil look.. Kamya also opens her big mouth  and easys the situation. she looks geet tensed and say if Ure so tensed better stay here. Nt warns kamya, Dev gadha arrives with bording passes seeing him geet asks are U all right , Then Nt says he is afraid to board plane though he is habituated since childhood And kamya has to say something ,she says even pummy is also nervous. Gett smiles. hearing the  Announcement  dev says still our flight is delayed so let us have cofee & feel relaxed. Dev orders for coffee. Nt is very happy bcz they are only one step  far from their plan. cofee will be ready. dev goes and mix a sleeping prill in one of the cup and gives to geet.
     Here maan is  searching somebody. he is angry that he is not able to find their where about. Munshi comes and ask him why is he so angry. he shd leave it. And mushi reminds him that he shd go and directly talk to handa family about the plot bcz the broker is doubling the value. But maan is firm to buy that by hook or crook. Munshi notices the taveez and say   since when he stated believing god. that taveez reminds maan  of geet and say  how many times he tried to keep that away but it keeps on coming to him. then munshi  ask him to keep it with him bcz it has come to him for some good reason.
    Today dev family's mission is accomplished. so tomorow there is another high intensity drama episode in the airport.
-richierich- thumbnail
 Paro U need not thank me buddy. It is my interest too to read all Ur takes. Though the show is off air there is a lot to cherish in this. There is no other show better than this. SoI am spending my Tv watching time In GF  for reading all Ur takes and some good FFS. Love U all.
roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Betrayed. Cheated. Manipulated.

That's how I feel right now -- and I'm just a viewer. How would Geet have felt is something I am scared to find out. Any girl who goes through this, I truly and deeply feel for them because just what do they do wrong to deserve this kind of treatment? Nothing. They're just too innocent and obedient to everything society says. *sigh*

So in this episode we see Dev truly hatching and constructing the entire plan. That kameena (sorry, just had to) is the mastermind behind all this. NT didn't even WANT him to go to her .. I had not known this before. Thankfully, now I do. And now that I do know this I am doubly angry of what was done to his character later on. This was a man who was in his senses, who was old enough to know right from wrong, who had a wife, but STILL even after fake-marrying Geet he felt the need to spend the suhaagraat with her and not just leave? There could've been many ways for him to avoid that heinous act but NO the man did not avoid it. He gave into his lustful desires and went to ruin Geet's life. MORON. SCUMBAG. These words are too sweet compared to what he's done.

Poor Geet was so vulnerable and scared and clearly the only person she trusted most at that moment is the one who was the least trustworthy of them all. Goes to show that just because a man looks innocent and nice does not mean he's all that innocent at heart whereas a person who seems cold and angry is the one with all the principles. AMAZING contrast shown between Maan and Dev.

Dev keeps giving Geet fake promises and raising her hopes and dreams just so he could shatter them all in one go. SICK. Dev kept chirping later on that NT made him do it all and he was "trapped" but here it looks like the exact opposite. The way he slaps her and orders her around makes it crystal clear who was "trapped" and who was just following through with the plan!

Maan and the Taveez. Nice to know that he trusted the Munshiji's words and kept that Taveez which would later on -- with destiny -- allow him to meet Geet again. This Taveez, Geet had given to him at the Tent Confession after she was sure that he was the most trustworthy, truthful, and responsible man she could be with. She knew he loved her, hence she trusted him and put the Taveez around his neck. Right now, Maan has the Taveez but it's not around his neck. Geet has not given it to him but it's with him by fate. This is perhaps symbolic of all the wrong things going on in Geet's life while the Taveez is with Maan -- the man who would be her saviour, her soulmate, her everything. Also, the fact that since this Taveez is with him, he is the one who would later be the one she trusts herself with when she is attacked by Brij.

But right now she is at the airport just minutes away from the impending doom that is about to befall her =(

Those blood-curdling screams are always spine-chilling and I always have a hard time watching that scene so, again, I don't know if I'll have the strength to watch it tomorrow. 

But this episode was a great buildup also to the entire property issue between Maaneet.

Edited by -ZsterMG- - 12 years ago
roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Paro, I loved your take and I second you in everything you said about "bad word" Dev. UFF the fact that he didn't show ONE SIGN of guilt (but happily showed it halfway across the world in CANADA -- MORON) was enough for us to know that this man just cares about the pleasure he receives from being with every walking, talking person of the opposite gender. BLECH.

Z
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
it is such a painful episode to watch. god i HATE DEV! what a horrible chr he is! d way he acted with NT was so out of chr. i mean he was never shown dat dominant in later episodes. i am still trying to understand it. is it becos of his preoccupation with geet? but he says dat he doesn't like ppl questioning him? but this was never shown n later episodes. he was shown more as a weak chr who just goes by other ppl - NT, Meera dadi etc. i am not evn discussing sameer's dev. dat dev is not dev. i am going tosee him as vicky. i cant accept dev as part of happy fly. no way!

Geet looked so like a newly married bride, shy n happy with her husband. i felt sorry for NT. for all her plans she didn't realize this aspect of it. she is helpless. imagine going back leaving her husband with another girl. if  she had not loved dev, it wdn't have mattered. for all her faults NT loved dev. so this must be devastating to her. And dat kamya, d way she blurts out dat dev didn't have sleep overnight was in such a bad taste. is she clueless abt d late night drive with NT. she is not a kid. so what was she trying to do?

pammi's reaction was too hysterical. After all d acting she did n front of darji n brij (whcih must be scary) suddenly she is so conscience stricken. maybe seeing innocent geet she is feeling very bad. but d actor was very good. This track had good actors dat made the episodes interesting.

Maan looked so young n handsome. GC was so good looking. later episodes he had lost so much weight. he had become angular. Even geet looked so beautiful. i wish they had retained same hairstyle n wig n later episodes.

tomorrow is going to be worse. or next few episodes i think.