Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvkrUcj2zyI[/YOUTUBE]

Precap: Mahinder hears Kamya talking about how they are leaving after the marriage...while Taayji asks Dev's family why haven't they asked for Geet's passport yet. Dev tells them that Geet has to go through an interview process tomorrow morning. The lights have gone off...and Nainatra leaves while Geet and Dev are staring at each other lovingly

Today's episode:

Geet tells Dev quietly that the next time Dolly bhabhi asks where is your name in my mehndi then show her this...she points at  her mehndi while Dev looks at her lovingly 😳 otherwise she'll tease you a lot. (I wish he wasn't bad!) Dev's mom is freaked out for some reason and asks Dev to come with her for a minute when Dev says mom...alright I am coming. Geet is blushing as he walks away (thinking about her beautiful life that is going to be just a dream) Dev's mom drags him to Nainatra while Dev asks her what is wrong? She says that she is feeling really awkward...whatever is happening...it is not right! While Nainatra looks like she is about to cry...anyways she says that ever since they have fixed this alliance something bad keeps on happening...Geet's mom overhears their conversation. Dev says mom you're freaking out for no reason..these small things happen...DM says this is not a small matter! First that woman coming and doubting us...then the matter of jewelery and now visa! DM says please listen to me and think about this marriage once again...which worries Rano...as in she is shocked.

Brij is shown lighting a lamp and asks Daarji what should we do about the visa matter...we can't stop Geet's wedding and send her for the interview now can we? Geet comes and exclaims by stopping the wedding? Everybody look at her shocked...she asks her dad what happens...and he just shakes his head...to console her (I wish he had more guts to stand up for his daughter...he is really sweet) he consoles her and says that don't worry nothing is wrong. Rano and Taayji come there all worried when Mahinder exclaims Rano what's wrong with you. Taayji answers that Dev's mom wants to end the alliance! Everybody is shocked out of their wits! Geet starts to cry....(awww) Rano tells them that they are asking Dev to rethink about his decision when Daarji gets up in anger! He shouts that they are thinking about all this a day before the marriage! Brij says once a girl has been stained...it will take a whole lifetime to erase it (is that all he thinks about? what about his sister's happiness?) Brij wants to go and talk to them when Daarji stops him! Dev and his family comes there (Nainatra is definately their leader...she is the one who is in the front!) Nainatra says that they want to talk about something really important...while Geet starts to hyperventilate. We all know that until Geet gets her visa..she can't come with us...Dev interupts and says that there is only one option...Nainatra is going to go the embassy and fulfil the formalities (um...that's not possible actually...the interviewee needs to go!) he continues that Nainatra's dad has a lot of connection at the assembly and she might get the visa without any interview...Geet is really relieved to hear that as everyone else! Rano happily exclaims now my daughter will get married! Dev says that he will take Geet with him for sure...Geet is quite happy! (ughh he is too sweet to be bad!) Aww he with ishare baazi tells her to stop crying and the lights come on just then. Dev has the biggest smile on his face while everyone is rejoicing and Geet is blushing

Dev's family is leaving...when Nainatra stops and apologizes to Geet...she says that she really wanted to see her as Dev's dulhaan (chayaaa right!) Geet apologizes in return and says that because of her...Nainatra has to leave the wedding. Nainatra says now I will see you at the airport when you are Mrs. Dev Khurana (Dev and her share a look and I am so sure that there is something fishy about these two...oye why doesn't anyone ask about Dev's older brother?) Nainatra is about to leave when she turns around again and says that the embassy has asked for Geet's authority letter...Kamya interupts that we just want a plain piece of paper with her signature (lol as Sabii said yesterday...Kamya does have the biggest foot in the mouth disease) Nainatra handles the situation by saying that we don't know what is going to be on the paper so just the signature will do (hmm...who thinks they are going to make a divorce paper out of it...cus it can't be property!) Daarji says oh ya these office matters do require authority letters and asks Geet to sign the paper. Geet asks whose name should I put on...as in who should it be addressed to? Nainatra asks her just to sign the paper...Brij and Mahinder are a little wary of the whole situation (even though Brij is an idiot...he is still smart enough to realize that there is some garbar here!) She looks at Daarji who nods happily and Geet signs it (lol do you know Geet is a lefty :P) They all leave (but I swear I saw Dev still standing there while the car left😲)
ext morning...Geet is walking in her farm and picks up some meeti to smell and she places it in a box. Dev creeps on her and says what are you taking from my farm (oh it's his?) Geet turns around in a hurry and accidently spares her eyes with the left over mud...Dev rushes to her and apologizes. He gives her his handkerchief and points to his own eye to tell her to wipe her's. Geet wipes her eyes as Dev looks lovingly at her and then returns the handkerchief...they both blush. He says that living with him in Canada won't be enough for her...that's why you want to take your country to a foreign country. Geet closes her box in a hurry and says that she just came to see the farm. Dev is highly amused and says that for a bride on her wedding day to come to the farm...I've never heard that before or was it just an excuse for you to see me (awww) Geet denies and stammers to come up with an excuse. Dev interupts and says that I've been roaming around the farm since early morning...so I might get to see you and maybe you came here with the same hope that's why while putting the mitti in the box you were looking at the route (haww he was stalking her :P) He takes her face in his hand...while Geet closes her eyes and starts to hyperventilate again! Geet this is perhaps the last time we are meeting on the sly because after today you will wear my name's sindoor...to see me will be your right (oh I so wish what he was saying was the truth!) Geet blushes and looks up to meet Dev's eyes who nods a "yes". She starts to run away when Dev calls out for her...she stops but runs away again!

(Did I miss something...Geet is crying in front of her dad) she asks her dad why are you sending me away so soon? Mahinder says that this is the way world works while Rano looks on with an emotional face. Daughters are meant to be sent away...Rano caresses Geet and says that it is her heartfelt khwaish that Dev fills your life with happiness...you're going really far from us. Mother and dauther hug each other (sweet scene!)

On the other hand...Dev's mom is hyperventilating and keeps on repeating Wahi Guru...while Kamya is trying to calm her down. Kamya exclaims please stop you're scaring me now! DM yells that's what I am saying...fear...fear the lord above us..what we are about to do...we're going to be punished for it! She asks Wahi Guru what is all happening...this is all wrong...this shouldn't be happening! Kamya tries to calm her but DM yells don't touch me! I am not going to sit her and see that poor girl's life ruin!! (well at least someone has a conscious in his family!) she says that she is going to let this marriage happen...Kamya tries to stop her!

Precap alert: Maan is looking around for someone at the same mandir as where Geet is

getting married in!

This Wu is frompage 3558 by bhootni

Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am in a rural place and the net sucks here so I could only read the wu. But it broke my heart to read how much geet's land means to her and how she is cheated out of it later. And she had so much faith in Dev :( I guess this is where the test of our emotions starts.in this process...now until the talwar fght anyhow...
-richierich- thumbnail
 Hi sam, I posted early so that everybody can watch it and write their takes. I posted it y'day but could not  give my take U know why bcz Iwas a bit broken & upset Y'day πŸ˜Š but anyhow got over it.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I can not thank you enough for keeping the thread going, Richa! I am glad you are feeling better. We really have so much to cherish in this show so what better to do than start from the beginning and cherish in detail? πŸ˜›
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Richa That was very thoughtful of you to post it early. Were you disappointed because we are not getting a chance to see Geet and Maan together for some more time?If yes then you defintely are not alone. We really had a poor response yesterday and I think it is mainly because of that. I shared my thoughts about it here and that made me feel a little better.
But again, like Samana rightly said, what better way to cherish the show than to go through these lovely episodes in detail. What is more disappointing for me is that I tried a lot to look and enjoy other shows just for entertainment purposes but nothing comes anywhere near it. Geet has spoiled me so much that I am not able to watch anything for more than 10 mins before I change the channel. I have gone back to watching "in plain sight" and "Law and Order" when I get a chance like old times. And now that I am seeing the old episodes that are so well directed and beautifully picturised that kuch bhi pheeka pad jaatha hei.I defintely miss the "not knowing what the next episode will bring" factor. But again the episodes more than compensate for it.Like I said yesterday this thread has become my lifeline.
So be strong and do make it a point to watch the episodes and write your takes because we all look forward to it. 😊

@Samana rural area? r u on vacation then?if so have fun.

Here goes my take

Geet episode 14:

So Dev's mom is nervous and communicates that to everyone in the family. NT is upset because I think she is finding it difficult to see Dev and Geet together. But highlight tho dekho It is Dev who is despo to get married to Geet. 😑😑He has already started lusting after her. It is really appalling to think that the CVs later chose to ignore all this. 😑😑😑

Geet's mom unfortunately hears the words but not the actual meaning behind it so thinks the boy's family is fed up with all the problems that are cropping up and have a change of mind. πŸ˜­ Brij wants to "talk to them" but Dev again comes up with a masterplan in which NT gets what she wants (the land) and Dev gets what he wants- to rob a girl of her innocence and fulfill his lust. 😑

So next day they get Geet to sign blank papers. Geet is educated and so knows that is not a very smart thing to do. Geet's dad is defo not happy. Even Brij smells something fishy. But Dev and his family have Daarji where they want him to be and Geet respects Daarji's decision. The whole NT Bhabhi and Mrs. Dev Singh Khurana stuff was just gag inducing.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ(wish I had TRULYOURS emoticon here) Now again my question is- They had the jewels, they had the blank papers. Why didn't they just all take off that night rather go through this charade? That's where Dev's intentions are crystal clear. And after cleverly sending his wife away he gets a free rein to indulge in his dalliances without any intrusions. Oh God How I hate this guy. 😑😑😑

Again I have no problem in the CVs trying to show that he starts feeling guilty or he turns a new leaf but the fact that he does almost nothing to earn the redemption and that Geet chose to completely absolve him of all his sins and treat him like a devar and then later on Dev putting the entire blame on NT and making an innocent picture of himself – these are the things I simple could not digest.πŸ˜’ And that is almost from when the decline in the story started.

They show Geet's haldi ceremony. Purple is a good colour but the yellow she wore for Maan was just breathtaking and suited DD so well. But it was nice to see the family part of it which was unfortunately missing later. And the father daughter scenes made me so emotional.😭😊 Mohinder is such a fine actor and also Rano. It's a shame they didn't think of using them later on.

It was always shown that Pammi has a conscience and now that is stopping her from ruining a girl's life.

Samana though your point about Pammi's frustrations making her change into a vamp some days back was also correct but again I think when you look at how strongly the original Pammi reacts to guilt she feels , the empathy she has for the innocent girl and how badly she wants to stop the crime they are about to commit especially in this episode, I think again the CVs took their creative liberties too far when they did the transformation. If you see till the marriage of Maan and Geet the story was full of subtleties but after that it became a full fledged drama with quite a heavy dose of Ektaish twists and turns. πŸ˜’

EEE Maan in precap.πŸ˜‰ Though I have mixed feelings about Maan's presence shown when Dev and Geet get married I know it's got a lot of symbolic significance and the first time there would have been a lot of suspense involved too. I am not really looking forward to seeing the sham of a wedding still for the sake of the flow will definitely see tomorrow's episode and write my take on it.😳

geetaddict thumbnail
Wanted to share something else too. I was surprised to see that in facebook one "Rituparna Gosh" has almost echoed the sentiment I shared yesterday at the forum including the reference to SRK-Kajol. It just goes to show the synergy true Geet fans have. And I guess that is why many times when we read the takes on various episodes we find ourselves nodding our heads thinking " those were exactly my thoughts."
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Episode no.14 was a very intreresting episode before the disaster Marriage ...The episode hinted 3 things very clearly ..

1)Dev-NT taking signatures of Geet on blank paper which is part of their plan to take away her property  

2)Dev's mom Pammi dint want the marriage that time since she knew the outcome at the airport beforehand 😭

3)Mastermind was definitely Dev since when Pammi was saying to end this alliance ,it was Dev who kept it going 😑...

Even in this episode Brij and Darji were more worried about their family's izzat rather than thinking about Geet's future in Canada or hving some doubts regarding why they r in such huge hurry 😑..

Dev and Geet  scene was rather a cute one as Dev continues to use all the cheesy filmy type dialogues to impress her πŸ˜† ;In fact now I wonder if Dev giving the handkerchief to her when that mud spalshes on her eyes was somewhere symbolic because in the future Dev and his family actually splashes mud at her and her family and runs away 😑 and its Maan Singh Khurana who comes to her rescue to wipe off that mud from her face and so later they hv always shown MSK giving her that handkerchief asking her to wipe off her tears πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜³ ;

Dev gave roses to Geet ,offered her handkerchief but later took away her honour and ran away but it was MSK who not only brough her lost honour back but also erased all her bad memories related to roses,handkerchief ,pasta  and gave rise to some new pleasant memories in Geet's life with these same props 😳😳...

Overall this episode marked the real painful journey of Geet for sometime which I guess will begin from tomorrow's episode 😭😭😭
-richierich- thumbnail

Episode-14
     Episode  starts with  Geet saying if dolly Bhabi       asked to show his name in the mehandi show this. He again stairs her with a loving look. Geet look so pretty in that green outfit.Seeing both their lovely convo Nt goes in and dev's mom is worried asks dev to come inside for a while. She says to dev that since they alloped geet to marry everything is going wrong . Plz rethink about the wedding. To that dev says there is nothing to worry for small incidents. Geet's mother overhears the convo and feels upset with the issue that dev's mom is requesting him to rethink about the wedding.
   Meanwhile the darjee is also worried about the issue. Brij will be hyper hearing the situation and  he rushes to ask them but daarji stops him.  Geet starts crying hearing   the issue that they want to rethink. Meanwhile dev's family enters and says they cannot take geet along with them bcz her vissa is not ready. But there is nothing to worry Nt belongs to a royal family she knows many people in the embessy,she can easily manage it. To that   again every body starts smiling & feels relived . Dev again  signed geet to wipe her tears. Nt nears her say sorry for all the confusion and she cannot attend the marriage. Geet  says  don't be sorry plz.,instead I feel bad Ure not able to attend the marriage.. Nt says Iam going to catch U up in the airport directly and by that time U will be dev's official wife.She turns back as have a sturn look at kamya saying as if take care of pummy mummy,who is dying of guilty consciousness. Nt asks geet to give her signatures forvissa . she gives a plane paper and ask  geet to sign but geet thinks a while and look a her parents ,then daarjee gives a nod she signs the papers and she leaves. Next day geet goes to collect  mud from their field  where dev also comes and suddenly the mud fly into her eyes. She see dev in front of her saying sorry I disturbed U. He gives her hand kerchief to wipe the mud. Are u Trying to take  mud from Ur country to Canada. Both blushes and dev says  For the first time I have seen a bride coming out in the fields on a wedding day. We need meet with each other hiding from others from tomorrow. Bcz U will my bride with sindoor on Ur fore head. She shys and run away .

Rituals start in handa family with haldi. In between the rituals one of the ritual to be performed by geet's mamaji but he doesn't come. Geet's tayiji asks geet's father loves her more and she is most pampered child of her father and he will do that. Here geet seem to be happy meanwhile worried that she has to leave her parents. She become emotional at the end of thr rituals and ask her father why they want to let her off so early. Her father says it is the tradition every girl has to leave his parents marrying a man..

Dev's mother is guilty conscious for spoiling a innocent girl. Kamya tries to calm her down but she won't listen and try to go out of the house.

Precap:It is dreamy agin maan enters the temple where geet is getting married to dev searching for somebody with a pic which we don't know till today for whom maan was searching & whose pic was that.

Here I have objection regarding the story , How the dumb Cv got a good positive character before ML track that is pummy mummy.She was god fearing and positive women who always had gr8  affection for maan & dev but they brought her as pure heartless,greedy women.I think Cv have forgotten her character.or they wanted to show when dev wanted his support & help he declined so she came up with new avtar. Haan. Maan se pahle Cvs ko ML hua tha.Messed the story to core.

Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
TRULYOURS thumbnail
hi all... dont feel like doing detail analysis so i will instead post my questions or opinion about something while u all do the analysis. hope u all dont mind. i was just thinking as to why did geets parent kept it as a secret that geet is going to get married from their own village people.. did devs family asked them to do or was it that they were planning to hide if in future geet was dupped (just kidding abt dupe) . but please answer me as to y geets family not informing others.
-richierich- thumbnail
 Firstly the wedding didn't took place in their village makira. It happened in smeother place. Dev's parents and Nt puts a condition not tell anybody about this marriage bcz many people's eyes on this wedding may spoil everything. There is a chance everybody thinks boy is from canada and girl is from small village and try to create problems. Bcz they saw channys parents making a big issue before roka on lori day. so they wanted a secret marriage and marriage shd take place in their ancestral village.