Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 37

pennu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
The built up for the entry of the Man in Geet's Life...Maan...😳
the epi was perfect...⭐️  Superbly excecuted...👏

Taveez and Maan came to Geet 's Life on the very same day... But that time  she did realised..  she won't be giving the Taveez to her man but it by itself with go to her Man...😳 
And Maan's entry was superb...☺️

I simply liked the Silence when Geet bumps into Maan... 😳 
And Precap...Haaiii...😍

And his Very First Dialogue..."Chup..."☺️
Trust me... that time I was all Chup with my mounth wide opened...😆☺️

I still remember the day this epi was aired.. since i got the promo from last epi i was sooo eager to know who is this man... I finished off all the work by 9:30 and stood before the tv whith out changing the channel...😆😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Samana and Nirvy :Maan right from episode 1 made Geet aware of her basic strengths and weaknesses ..he dint help her in mela since he knew that she can help her own self by either running from there or by fighting them off since women are not weak either ...but he helped her while drowning because there she was truely helpless ...the whole adventure from mela to the water actually taught Geet to fight her own battles later on without asking for help from others at every single point in life 😳😳..

the very intro of Maan's character in the start actually raised lots of questions in everyone's mind regarding why is he such a loner ,arrogent and heartless ...it was fabulously crafted character and GC was perfect for it
pennu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Jo...
Soo true...Maan from the very first day itself made her realise that she is capable of helping herself... Thats why he gave that Damn Look... as if Why should I help you... Help yourself...

Ahhh... and about the Charater of Maan... Gurmeet was Perfect... Can't think anyone other than him... And it was cleared from his first scene itself...😳 which happens very rarely...😳

priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i had to wait to see the episode as it took ages to download as i was trying to download HQ versions! finally only youtube helped.

my god! after ages we got a Maanday!!! i was waiting for maan's entry! what an entry! d bg music, d chasing goondas, heroine n finally our angry young man!!! the last scene was worth the wait. i wish i had seen it from the first. i mean those who must have seen it for first time must have been pulled between two guys. i mean dev was so far shown as romantic guy (only today ripples have set in ), n then a young angry maan entry, n precap heroic rescue... viewers must have been confused abt d new chr. did u ppl (i mean those who watched it first time) ever suspect the second guy was d actual hero n how he'll make so many girls (n evn older ladies) go dhak-dhak!

coming to the rest of the epi (what to do, maan's entry eclipsed everything else), i was getting more n more angry with dev. how could he do that to a young girl knowing very well that he's planning to abandon her. he might be attracted but he was a married guy n supposed to love his wife. dis marriage was his way tomake quick money. so why make d innocent girl fall for u. unlike other families where girl's opinion matters, here no such problm. if darji says she's going to marry him. so why spoil her romantic illusions. Geet's first attraction, first touch - dev tainted everything!! he is the worst culprit n how could they forgive him.

evn forgive n throwing him out of the story wd have been better. instead ph had to show him living n same house n behaving like 'hum aapke kaun' bhabhi n devar. no wonder many ppl couldn't digest n left d show. just becos u change d actor, d chr won't change. they shd have brought sameer as vicky n dat wd have made a major difference. atleast if they had d issue of geet n dev's marriage to amnesiac Maan, then it made sense to retain sameer as dev. whn dat issue was not evn touched why d hell did they make him dev???

DD looked so innocent n acted so well like a blushing bride. if i can't evn tolerate dev holding geet's hand, how will i watch the epi where they have suhaag raat. may be i'll skip d epi. (i doubt it as iam hooked to watch these episodes as we dont have nothing else)

i like the symbolism of dev abandoning geet in mela. it is like a foreteller scene to the actual betrayal.

dev's mom as long as she spoke slowly she looked dignified. but the moment she spoke louder  in agitation, she really looked crass. she n kamya looked so low class crowd. in contrast, NT n dev were much more classier n more professional in their plan.

Maan not saving geet from goondas...not really convinced. but may be maan was like that initially, not really caring abt others. he helps whn she's drowning. but geet did change him so much n later episodes.

oh god seeing maan n geet together reminded me of our missing of our daily dosage of maaneet! whn will we get them back?
lams thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
But I am still mad at the CVs for never explaining why Maan was the character he was before meeting geet ...

Also did Kamya become Annie !!!!  I mean suddenly she with this Dev's mom vanished into thin air and later Pammi was so different from Dev's mom ...

Never ever did the CVs bother to explain any new entrants or their background ...sigh

shammo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Finally, Maan!!!!!!!

Before the actual airing of the scene of Maan rescuing Geet from the lake, glimpses of it has been shown 4 times already. The CVs had wanted the entry of Maan to be a grand one and had made the audience aware of it beforehand so that they would anticipate it with a hand on their hearts. They had actually hit the bull's eye, as we all know how we were all swept off our feet with that 'hatke' entry.
In the very beginning of today's episode, we get a clearer picture of the lady informer fiasco. Nayantara did not set her up as I had thought but she shut up her mouth. So the lady could have put an end to their plans! We also get the understanding that Nayantara is the one who probably made the master plan. But, as of now, we still do not know whether Dev is involved in the whole process or not. We as an audience are being made to feel Dev is very much taken in by Geet and might have also fallen in love with her. And, he being a gentleman, we are expecting him to save Geet from the domineering influence of Darjee and Brij. Although it might have been the requirement for the story, but the scene of Dev eyeing Geet through the mirror in the car and trying to romance her didn't go well with me, may be because I already know about the slimeball.
But, today, the mela scene felt symbolic to me. The whole situation of Geet being deserted by both Dev and her family; finding herself all alone to fend off the goons;initially crying then running to save herself and ultimately running into Maan who will eventually save her---- all feels like a mini picture of what is to come ( since we already know this, thats why I can now see it as symbolic. I don't t think that if I hadn't known, then I could never be able to decipher this).
The intoduction of the taveez is made in today's episode. This  will bond Maan and Geet together and give their love a divine flair. I am not superstitious but I don't know why, I loved this divine bondage between them. This made me feel that their coming together was inevitable and through out the serial it created a faith in me that whatever happens they will find each other somehow. Destiny will bring them together. Loved the scene where Geet runs from the goons only to run into a rock of a body----a man who will eventually become the Rock of her life. 
The precap again took my breath away. Maan's rise from under the water With Geet in his arms and then holding off a moving jeep! Eagerly waiting for tomorrow!
shammo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@Samana: Thanks for the WU and the VU.

@All: Loved all the takes.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Viji: I guess you are right, he really would not have given a damn what happened to that damsel in distress who ran into him.

@Jyo: I completely agree after seeing this. Unknowingly, he was already teaching Geet to think on her feet and not rely on the help of men, thereby breaking out of the patriarchal mould she was so deeply immersed in. As long as Geet was dependent on Brij and Darjee for protection, she was obliged to listen to their orders as well but once she stood up for herself, she had the basis and so the power to disregard that which was wrong in their system.

@Priya: I completely agree about Dev. When he left after marriage they should have ideally just written the character out. We all know each writer was fond of introducing their very own siblings of Maan and Geet so why couldn't SS be Vicky, or even some brand new sibling. It would have been much easier to accept then. I actually liked the character of Annie, other than her love story with Arjun. I liked her interactions with Geet, Dadi and Maan as well as the office people and wish they had kept that cast, with Arjun as a confirmed baddie, though.

@Iams: No Kamya wasn't brought back as Annie because then Annie wouldn't have been clueless as to what happened with Dev. But I do think Pammi mummy's transformation was somewhat justified to be honest. I always just figured she thought about the low to which Dev had to stoop, figured it was because Maan controlled everything and decided to get it for Dev instead, so he too could afford to have morals.

@Shammo: I completely agree on the taveez. What should be corny and off-putting really gave a subtle reminder constantly that this love was meant to be. I think it was the underplayed nature of the whole taveez thing. It wasn't really talked about nor did it have visible powers, it just went about doing its job of connecting Maan and Geet.
lenovolen thumbnail
beautiful maaneet part.mazaa agaya dekhker.
amazing entry👏
mila1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
☺️MAANN...☺️ Oh...Maan☺️
Didnt watch the whole epi😉 just Maan's entry! She helplessly clung to his jacket but he wouldnt help her but yes why shd he? She can help herself n he unknowingly as jyo said was teaching her to be self reliant but he did help her when her life was in danger. Babaji knew what was coming in Geet's life and he didnt stop it but he did send the real person who would be with her when she would be left high n dry by all kith n kin...he gave the hint of his arrival with the Tabeez😳 another very important character of the Maaneet love story! Form now on it will be there as a guide n protector.