OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 29

Posted: 12 years ago
Hope everyone is back by next yr.. so v can hav DHAMAAL discussion n analysis from there on...😊

Till then HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

@geetaddict: thank you so much for liking my tutta phutta analysis... even i like these emoticons so much that i am trying my hand in this and besides i cant analyze so good like how others do here πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by geetaddict

@Jyothi this question is for you.These are question I sometimes ask myself. Do reply if you get to see this post.  Do we want a sequeal to Geet? In which case I always thought even with their inconsistencies and kanjoosi the PH did a great job and much as I love GC and DD I think the directors do share a part in what we got to see on screen and so will a different PH with their directors be able to do a fair job. Of course the story should get better otherwise it is not fair do make 2 good actors do stuff that make them completely bored. Somebody was suggesting Swati and I read somewhere that she was writing the story for RBO and its story was also all over the place. So I don't know who will be able to do a fair job?Or do we want the same actors do a completely different serial in which case they will not be Maan and Geet. So will that be fine?

I know in a practical sense these questions may not matter and the actors definitely are going to do what they think is best  for them but i guess these are my ramblings. So anyone who can make any sense whatsoever of these questions do feel free to reply. something to do during the break.

Again wish you all a very Happy New Year. 

Firstly I feel as fans its our right to demand for something we believe in ...rest of the responsibility is on channel and PH to fulfill the demand of the fans because at the end of the day if they give us what we want ,then we too give them the much needed fame and popularity which they want 😳...so nothing is coming as charity here. ..its pure give and take businessπŸ˜› ...so its not our headache to think what will b the story or who is the best person to execute it ...As fans all we want is a season 2 of Geet with same actors ...we can only hope that if season 2 happens,then it will have a better storyline and all the blunders which were done in season 1 will not b repeated again in season 2. ..whether they succeed or not ,depends on them ...whether we succeed or not depends on us πŸ˜†...and whether both succeed or not depends on destiny πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Samana thanks a lot for the note πŸ€—

Wishing all a very happy and prosperous new year πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Hi everyone. Could not come to the thread before. Have been busy. Got some time now and decided to pick up from where I had left. Finished watching the 3rd episode and read everyone's take on it. Loved everything everyone had written. 
My take on the 3rd episode:
Yet another beautiful episode that showcased the condition of Geet stuck between her family's decision and her own wishes. Beautifully portrayed by Drashti, Geet again left deep impact on my heart. The things that stood out for me are : Darjee's comment that one needs to change to keep up with the changing times;Dev's family's insistence of holding the wedding at another village, 6 hours away from Geet's home; Dev's request to talk to Geet alone and Geet's reaction to this; Geet getting hurt on her foot and Dev tying a handkerchief around it and again Geet's reaction to this act; and finally Geet's pov about the match that she does not want to go to Canada.
Darjee, being the orthodox patriarch ,surprised me when he allowed Dev talk to Geet , sying that one had to change according to the changing time. This man, a few minutes back had refused to acknowledge Geet's choice, saying that the elders decided and the youngers followed. Is he really giving in to the changing time? or just keeping the groom to be happy?
When Dev's family insisted in holding the wedding elsewhere, it had created a doubt in my mind even when I had watched it for the first time. In fact, their behavior was very fishy, why it didn't raise any flags in the minds of Geet's family makes me feel sad at the thought that girls are considered to be a weight to be disposed off at the first available opportunity.
Dev's request in wanting to talk to Geet alone surprised Geet. It broke my heart to see Geet's expression. She must have started to think Dev was a Godsend as she never had come across a male who wanted to hear a woman's pov. Since, I know the story, it just broke my heart to see how Dev was giving Geet the importance and care which will make her eventually submit ot him so trustingly. Why was Dev trying to win her heart? If their intention was only to gain money, then why was he closing on Geet's heart? Is it because he is a womaniser and lives on the excitement of wooing a woman and making her give herself up to him? or was he unconsciously drawn to Geet's innocence and could not help himself? I have read all your discussions regarding this matter and I feel more angry at how Dev was portrayed later on. NT did plan with him to get him married but he wooing Geet and sleeping with her taking advantage of he innocence is completely on his shoulders alone. Why he was later on released scott free, I still cannot fathom.
Geet getting hurt and Dev tying the handkerdhief around the wound again took Geet by surprise and definitely made an impression in her heart. But, I was happy when she did not take his hand while getting up from her fall due to the hurt. It was symbolic in the sense that she rose by herself when Dev had hurt her. Going back to the episodes, I can now see these small nuances that will gradually lead us to the wider picture of how things take shape later on in the serial.
Loved everyone's performance, specially Drashti's
Samana, I also wished they had shown Geet getting a closure with Mohinder. I would have loved her to know how he indirectly helped her by letting  Pinky's  dad take her under his wings whend she had come to Delhi for the first time away from her family and all alone. I would have loved to see her bask in Maan and Mohinder's love--the two most important men in a girl's life. 
The 4th episode goes on to show how Dev's acts to impress Geet touched her. She was not used to men being so caring. So Dev's concern touched her. That's why when her mother says that Babaji made them a jodi, she was contemplating on the marriage. Her mother's distraught behavior at her outspokenness unnerved her. Its sad how nobody reacted to Dev's family's insistence on keeping the engagement a secret from the community. Only Mohinder objected but his objections were spruned just like that. I was so angry when Brij said that Geet being a girl was problem in itself. Unfortunately, that is what a lot of people still think specially in rural areas due to which we see such sad incidents occurring regularly.
Channi's mother's cries were heart wrenching. The way Brij almost admits to being responsible in the dealings with Channi's disappearance, clearly etches his character which will be revealed to us later. But, the overall picture of how women were subdued is very well depicted in this episode. 
A good build up to events to come.
The episode starts with heart wrenching cries of Channi's mother. A mother's curse makes Rano put her hands over her ears since she herself is a mother of a girl. Darjee seems not to be involved in this heinous crime although he doubts Brij to be involved. Brij denies any involvement. Dev's family comes in that inopportune moment making everyone wary that they might refuse to go through with the marriage seeing all this. But, Dev and his family in their charming best, wins over Geet and her family.
At this point, my heart bled to see Geet fall for his charms. She was pleasantly surprised by his gentlemanly behavior since she was not used to such from the men she knew. We as viewers, if we already hadn't known the story would fall for Dev. But, something was not right and it could be felt that something ominous is about to happen as Channi's mother's curse was still ringing in our ears.
The precap shows Brij beating up Dev. I wished it had scared him off! 
Can't wait for Maan's entry! Didn't know it would be so difficult to watch the initial episodes. My heart goes out to Geet and girls like her. Wish everyone of them had a Maan in their lives. 

I hated Dev in this episode. What a cold calculated criminal he is! Knowing how innocent Geet is and how dangerous it is for her to meet him, he meets her outside so that her reputation is compromised. I despise him. He tries to wiggle into Geet's heart . How could he knowing what he was going to do to her later. I am pretty much sure that he was attracted to her innocent charm,her guileless beauty. He was getting pulled by her beauty and that is why he wormed into her heart so that he can rob her off her innocence later. The beast!
I loved to see him getting beaten by Brij. I am getting wary of the episodes ahead. Will I have the guts to see Geet's pain again? Waiting eagerly for Maan.
The manipulative Dev eventually wins. He wanted Darjee to suggest the quick wedding and he did. Unfortunately luck favored Dev in the for m of the police officer who questions him about his wounds and he saves Brij from the hands of the police. By doing so he wins over the family's trust and respect. Geet who was already impressed by his attentions towards he was overwhelmed at this act. 
The reflection of how naive Geet is, is reflected on the scenes where she tells Rajji that Brij could not have killed Channi. The Roka ceremony happens and we see a glimpse of NT's evil smile.

@Samana, Iloved your comparison between Maan and Dev .Right of wrong, irrespective of the situation, circumstance or the relationship of the people  involved, Maan always stood by the right and so did Geet.
The idea of break is good. Will come back on the 4th if I can to read all your takes.

@all . I have read everyone's takes and loved all of them. I loved to hear your conversation regarding something.

@all A very happy prosperous new year to you too.

Hi All
Samana is still on vacation. I am not able to post the link since I have not yet made 25 posts. So can someone be kind enough to do it. I am anyway posting the written update.

Written Update for Episode 8

Recap: Dev tells Darji that Geet meeting him wasn't her fault at all; the police come in and tell Darji that Channi's mother has blamed Brij for her death.. Darji turns around and says that Channi's father called his wife crazy, and that the police need to find evidence first; Darji says yes for D&G's rishta, and everyone is shown celebrating the roka...

The episode starts with Rajjo (is it Rajjo or Rajji?) taking Geet upstairs to fix her dupatta.. Rajjo is called downstairs and leaves Geet alone to her thoughts. As she's fixing her dupatta, she feels her dupatta (the one Dev gave her) and thinks of Darji's words - "Now this house's respect has become yours" (or something to that effect). She stands there thinking.. when her father comes upstairs.. He tells her that everyone is waiting for her, when he sees her face.
He asks if she's scared.. she nods yes.. He asks "Canada?".. she nods yes.. He asks "in three days?".. she nods and asks how he knows everything in her heart. He tells her that she's been in his heart since she was born, and that whatever Darji
(at least I think it's Darji he said) does, he does it for her own good. But Geet tells her father that HE was the one who told her to study, to meet new people.. she doesn't want to get married so quickly.
Her father tries to re-assure her - "put it this way, after marriage, you'll meet so many new people.. you'll see the colours of a new time. And his family isn't so strict that they won't let you study after marriage; you are a "baghawali"
(explain the meaning please) that you've gotten Dev as a husband." Geet is upset, she never thought that she'd be so far away from her family, that she'd live in a different country. Geet's father pulls her in for a hug... (gorgeous scene b/w father & daughter)
Rajjo comes in with Titu and Dev, and Geet's father exclaims.. "Dev ji.." Dev looks shy (so adorable!)

Scene cuts to Dolly, Nurpinder and Rano who are walking with a tray of tea, when Dolly pipes up and says that when she got married, she got 3-4kgs of gold, and heaps of stuff from them.. but all Dev's family has given Geet is two gold bangles. It turns out that Naintara & Pammi have heard. Nurpinder tries to reassure them that they're not fussed.. but Naintara & Pammi exchange sad looks. Naintara tells them they tried to exchange dollars, but no one could help them.. and it's not like they came to Punjab prepared for a wedding. Naintara says that in their family, there's a tradition that when the new daughter-in-law comes, the "guldeva" (explain that one as well) gives her lots of jewellery. They've organised a pooja to be done that night.. but what are they going to give Geet?
Rano quips for them not to worry. They have a lot of jewellery, and for them to take it to give to Geet that night. She reassures them, and tells them to sweeten their mouths. Nurpinder looks angrily at Dolly, and walks away towards Pammi, Rano & Naintara. Dolly says to herself "Look what happened because of my umbrella mouth! And look what I was meant to do!" She walks away
(gosh, Dolly has some of the best lines.. umbrella mouth, hehe)

Scene cuts back to D&G, Geet's dad, Titu and Rajjo. Geet's dad mentions for Dev to come inside, and Rajjo teases Dev by saying that ever since Geet went upstairs, all he's been doing is talking about her, so she thought she'd bring him upstairs as well. Dev goes all shy and says that Rajjo is just teasing.. he was only inquiring about Geet. Geet's dad smiles and mentions for Titu to show Dev the property. He had put some away for Geet, but Dev hasn't even asked for anything. Dev replies - "By saying that, you're making me embarrassed. The most expensive thing there, you've already put her hand in mine.."(I know I didn't do justice to what he said.. but ah well.) Geet smiles in the background, and Geet's dad tells her to go out with the kids..

Scene cuts to Rano & Nurpinder, who drags her into the kitchen and asks if Rano's gone crazy. Rano replies that she's doing the right thing, and that Nurpinder should bring her jewellery as well so that Pammi can choose which ones she wants to give to Geet. Nurpinder angrily replies that her jewellery is HERS, and that she won't give it to any relatives. Darji overhears, and berates Nurpinder - the jewellery isn't hers, it's the family's.. and Rano is right in asking her for it.
He walks away, and Nurpinder angrily agrees to give her jewellery, but not to ask for her necklace.. she's kept that for Rajjo.

Scene cuts to D&G, Titu & Rajjo. Dev is telling Geet that his family has said that since he's met her, he's changed. He agrees with that theory, and says he's a bit lost.. he sits there smiling to himself all the time. He sees Geet smiling, and says "one minute. I want to keep this memory safe.. this is the first time you've ever smiled at anything I've said." He looks at Rajjo & Titu, who are busily talking about something, and moves closer to Geet - "So should I assume that you're happy with the marriage.. or not?" Geet looks up and says "No.. I mean yes.."
(I'm just melting here.. move over KaJen, you have competition) Dev teases her, and then asks if he should take her silence as a yes.. Geet finally looks up at Dev.
Brij is shown walking with one of his men, and Geet hears them, and turns, worriedly. Geet, Rajjo & Titu are worried, but Dev sees Brij and smiles.
(I know, he smiled..) Brij walks up to Geet with an angry look.. and Geet notices a bag he's holding - "That's Channi's bag, isn't it?" A flashback is shown of Channi running through the fields, and her bag drops. Back to the present, and Geet says Channi used to bring that bag to school.. when Brij cuts her off and asks what she's doing here alone? He raises his voice and tells them to go back to the house. Geet isn't moving, so he grabs her hand to drag her away, when Dev grabs Brij's arm. He asks for him to let go of her hand, but Geet silently tells him not to say anything. For her, he drops his hand.
He tells Brij
(with folded hands) that Geet is his fiance, and he doesn't want anyone telling her what to do. Brij looks at Geet, and lets go. Brij walks away...

Scene cuts to Rajinder & Vrinder, who's asking about dibbas for the wedding
(I think he was referring to music). Vrinder replies he hasn't got any ideas, when his phone rings. Someone tells him that the family he's getting his daughter married to has a hidden past. Vrinder asks who's speaking, and she replies to meet to her the next day at 9am, near the gurdwara. She hangs up.

Scene cuts to the women putting out their jewellery for Dev's family to choose for Geet at the pooja. Vrinder tries to tell Darji he wants to talk, but they've started looking. Naintara & Pammi look very distressed, and Nurpinder silently tells Rano to put away one set of jewellery..
(nicely done by Rano I must say) Naintara looks upset, and says that once they get back to Canada, they'll repay them. Darji tells her they are his daughters, and to think of this as a gift. The family agrees.  Pammi has a request.. not to tell Dev about what is happening, as he'll get upset. As the family is looking at Pammi, Kamya looks at that expensive jewellery Rano put away (obviously it accidentally got brought back out), and Vrinder looks worried. Kamya steals the necklace, and only Vrinder notices.
D&G, Rajjo & Titu return to the house. Naintara again mentions to Rano about not telling Dev.. Rano reassures Naintara nothing will be said. Dev's family get ready to leave because the pandit should be at their place very soon. As Dev's walking away, he looks at Geet and smiles. As they're walking away, Geet thinks about what Dev said to Brij.. her moments with Dev. She says to herself - "Dad was right, Dev really is a good man."
Vrinder is standing there thinking about the phone call, what Kamya did, and what Pammi said.. he looks extremely anxious.

Precap:
Darji tells Brij to call Dev; Vrinder wonders if Dev's family is bad and if they stole the jewellery; Rajinder, Vrinder & Brij run to a house.. but it's locked.

Edited by geetaddict - 12 years ago