Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
This is the episode when My doubt about Dev confirmed that He isn't the normal groom who want to marry  innocent  Geet . Dev gets a call from canada ,suddenly he is upset and speaks to his family. Then handa family ask the reason  for their worry but Dev says he has an urgent business emergency and he has to go. Then brij says what is worring him he can go nd deal with it and come after a month and marry but Dev says He cannoy be back to india before a year and It after them to decide to wait or not. Nt says They desperately  wanted her to make her bahu but now the situation has changed .Pummy says It is not fair  to reserve geet till one year so it is left to you. Darjee calls geet to give back the kangan given  by pummy and darjee decides to discuss about it afterwards.
    In the morning Geet's tayiji is upset with geet's broken proposal and spills out saying If geet gets married then we could have thought about rajjo also. The marriage broker women comes and supports Dev'sfamily and sys They all belong to litrate family, For such a good family & people can't they wait for a year. Darjee over hears everything and says that geet will surely get a good proposal again. Rajjo comes and take geet to a place probably dev has planned to meet geet and again try  for an emotional blackmail  . Brij comes and hits him ask geet to go away.

I think This is the part of their plan to hurry up the situation bcz  traditional wedding needstime but here they are trying to create pressure in handa family to think what could be done in 4 days. If dev wanted togo within five days and after returning kangan there is nothing left but still he calls her to meet which means he want to compell the family to arrange marriage within 4 days and they will do their work ASAP and leave. The more handa family gets time the more danger dev and family has to face. so they want to limit to four days so that they cannot think much about the marriage.
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Samana:

I liked ur last point regarding Darji.. It was clear from d beginning that his izzat matters to him d most but like I said.. he is also concerned abt Geet's future along with it...he may b strict but he is not stone-hearted...

bluerose1889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Dev explains the situation to the Handa family and Darji breaks off the rishta because he can't let Geet stay unmarried for a year. Darji took the right decision in this case. If these people didn't come back after one year then Geet won't get any other good alliance. It's a sad truth that  whatever happens, the blame is always on the girl. I think Darji does care for Geet and is worried that she might have to get married to divorc like the other girl he mentions.

Geet as usual doesn't get any say in this and has to accept that she won't get married to Dev. She's sad but she was not too heart-broken about it. Dolly was cute as usual. She manages to remain bubbly and sweet even in a serious situation. Tayiji is selfish and is just worried about her own daughter.

Dev & NT planned this whole thing so cleverly. I don't think they were going to wait 3 months for the shaadi to happen. They created a situation so that the girl's family have to agree for the shaadi in 3 days and made it seem like it was all Darji's idea. I think they expected the darji to make the decision of wedding in 3 days sooner. But when he broke off the rishta, they send that lady who arranged the alliance to convince Geet's family. And for added benefit, Dev got Geet to meet him alone using Rajji. He says lots of sweet and sugary stuff to make Geet fall for him. The only good part was the way he gets thrashed by Brij when he sees her talking to Geet. Poor Geet again gets punished for no fault of hers.

The first time I saw this precap I thought Dev was so sweet the way he places his palm above Geet's when Darji is about to beat her.

Geet is too silent in these initial episodes. No wonder Maan got so irritated the 1st time he met her. The way she kept her head down the entire time Dev kept talking was funny. DD's neck must have hurt doing these scenes...

Another dramatic episode, without Maan. 😭

bluerose1889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lily201

@Flower Buddy Remi- Excellent summary !!

And I agree - NT hugging Geet on the "match" was ironic- infact I really wanted to mention on that one paradoxic moment -but me being me -opened the dam of thoughts in one direction & completely forgot points -worthy of mention.

Hi Lily!!!! 🤗
Thanks. I didnt think you'd remember me. 😊

NT hugging geet during Dev - Geet eyelock was a strange scene. Dev staring at his current wife hugging his future wife, trying to romance the latter at the same time. 🤢
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Remi- Of course not,you're one of the virtual buddies that'll never be out of sight ,out of mind for me -plus I've come across your more recent posts in P/D's FF thread.

@all- This epi truly struck a chord and such nerve-wracking "withdrawals" from Handa family against Dev & co's proposal really fuel the desire of "what ifs"-concerning Geet facing the abyss these people have pitted her against.

It also makes one ponder even more -the gravity of Geet's tolerance against her family wishes weighed with her own opinion.
Obviously Geet being a person of a respectful disposition relied on her family's judgement -as do we all considering the fact our elders are more wise than us & thats what our upbringing imbibes us.

But in the end their errors caused her life,honour to be at stake -while her sentiments had no regard when the decision of her fate was concerned -yup we can argue her family wasn't entirely blind but their "rigidity" & "apathy" led them into this pit hole in first place.

Like Samana I do agree that her baby played a major role in turning tables against her family- for only the child's safety as well as the elders' insensitivity towards her plea ,led her to severe all ties and carve a path entirely on her own means.

But I perceive the "streak of rebellion" emerged as soon as her family prohibited her going offgrounds from house-post her return from airport ditching scene & being arrested for causing "chaos" for security officials there to get to root of matter of Dev's intent.

And after the knowledge of his betrayal the fight to bring the truth out for which Brij went as far as keeping her hostage in her home.This applied not only to her kin-but to all others as well,I still recall that defiant outburst at Maan -when he tried to force her to sign on land papers -that Dev had sold via a broker -after gaining it as "dowry" -unbeknownest to Maan of course.

Coming to the epi-I loved how they showed the returning of kangan as symbolic as while when Geet was first bidden to wear them-its symbolic how Geet -whose strings were held by Daarji's ordain would one day change the fates of those linked around her with that act.

PS- I despised Dev's "secret rendezvous"- and even more if it was to satisfy his desire of a prey successfully falling for the bait.
I don't think NT & co might desire that deed as last resort coz there isn't any gain until family willfully hands over their penny.
Samana -Fab observation  regarding Rajji's romanticism & Titoo's joyride leading Geet to bear the brunt.
But I luved Dev's "dhulai" -if Brij might've attacked when he deserved *Sigh*

NT's that line-"Humara man hi janta hai ke hum Geet ko apni ghar ki bahu banane ke liye kitne excited the"-ah -but what a different excitement it turned out to be.

I just couldn't supress thoughts tumbling out -despite not much free time- I miss GHSP-everything's lacklustre on telly now.

Wishing everybody a Happy New Year,enjoy the holz !!

-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Yos1VayUk[/YOUTUBE]

This is the old written update by Mansi

The show starts with Dev and Geet on the bridge. Dev says the first time we met here and last time also we are meeting here only. Geet is about to say something when Brij comes there. He shouts at Geet to go home and starts hitting Dev very badly in anger. Geet who is standing behind the tree is traumatized. She cries but feels helpless.

Geet then goes home..Darji loudly shouts her name. She goes in front of Darji and brings her hand forward so that he can hit her. All the family members look on. As Darji was about to hit Geet Dev comes and keeps his hand over Geet's. He says sorry for what happened and takes the blame that it was he who called Geet and its not Geet's fault. But Brij and Darji dont agree. Brij is about to hit Dev with the talwar.

At that time a few police officers come and inquire about Channi's death. They just handle it somehow saying that Channi's mother is gone mad and is lying. The police ask Dev how did he get hurt as he had some bruises on his face. Dev answers that he fell down. The police then goes. Dev with folded hands apologizes again and says that their family respect matters to him too as he also cares about their family. He says that hes feeling very bad that he is leaving something else and going..Something is not right. As he was leaving , Darji is touched by his behaviour and asks Dev if he is ready to marry Geet within 3 days.

Next scene is Geet with her sis and bro. They tease her regarding her marriage and Dev. They go to get ready for the roka ceremony. Dev and Geet's roka is performed with traditional punjabi music in BG. Jewels is given to Dev's family and all hugs are going on. Geet is looking very sad and scared. Dev's bhabhi and mom smile and give each other cunning looks.

Pre-cap - Dev and Geet are talking at the fields with her younger bro and sis. Brij comes and shouts at them to go inside. The kids run away. Brij hold Geet's hand and is about to take her , when Dev catches his hand and stops him. 😛 I found that so cute and manly!! 😉

My first written update..only for IF. Please dont copy on other sites. Press Thank You.

Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Richa can u provide the written update of this episode too ...so that all can start analysing it 😳
TRULYOURS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
sorry for not doing my analysis for sometime. went out of station so missed doing them. coming to the episode..  

dev wants to get married to geet but due to business and work asks geets family to wait for one year to which darji says
anisaf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sorry Samana Di.I have been away for  a few days and have just returned back so didnt get ur PM until today.I have to admit I only started watching GHSP after Maan's entry so will be of no help until that episode.Not too long now!! ha ha.

TRULYOURS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i am really sorry thought episode 6 was for today and hence did my analysis ...