OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 20

Posted: 12 years ago
Actually the whole fake marriage was a masterplan of Dev and not NT ..this episode is clear proof of it ...

If Dev was just a victim in the hands of NT as he claims to b in the later episodes ,then he would hv given some hint to Geet in this terrace interaction scene itself that he is forced in this marriage ...but his terrace interaction scene with Geet in this episode clearly indicates that he was determined to win Geet's trust at any cost  and also gave the impression that he is very much happy with the marriage

@ Samana i think i agree with you. There was a plan for sure maybe even a well thought of one but I think something about Geet attracted him so much he did take a part of the script in his hands and for that I don't know whether we can blame NT. Like you said Geet's family was such that whatever Geet might have thought she would have been forced to marry him anyway. Maybe he was so fed up being dominated by his wife that when he got a chance to romance a girl so full of innocence and yet full of life he grabbed the chance. And I also agree with you that I don't think the SR was like just to spite her but he just had to have that innocence of hers. How disdainful. Many womanisers actually do think they are in love with the each of the women they cheat and try to justify their actions.This kind of makes their "Devar- Bhabi" interaction later on that much more unbearable.

@Maneetshauna  it was almost the same thing that struck me too. That whenever she meets with Dev she gets hurt. Believers would call it bad omen. And I too was happy about the fact that she did not take the hand he offered rather wanted to stand on her own (is there a symbolism there?). But then she was a shy girl who was browbeaten to worry about her "Honour". So it was maybe a matter of self preservation.

@nirvanica me too. Am going for a vacation starting tomorrow. But did a bit of planning (and a little bit of cheating). So have already seen the episodes the come on friday and monday and have also penned my takes on them in google docs which i can access wherever i go. maybe will able to do it for 2 more episodes today. The other two will come back and do the same. Am I dedicated or what😎. Serisously didn;t want to lose the flow of the episodes bcos i am watching many of them the first time.
Got to run. ciao later alligators.
Hey everyone! Sorry I couldn't comment yesterdayπŸ˜’

One thing I'd like to mention though is that for some reason, it's really hard to go back and watch these episodes, well for me. Emotionally I mean. Especially when you know what happens afterwards and all the hardships she goes through. But anyway, on to the analysis!

One thing that felt even weirder was Brij hugging someone. It was Dev but still..that felt so weird to me. And OMG...I dont care how evil Dev is...that Mmm hmmm tune at 5:14ish gets to me every single time.

One scene that really touched me was the kangan scene. The way Dev's mom is looking at Geet the entire time and how she says her dialogues...it feels a bit hesitant to me but it also feels very genuine. Like Dev's mom actually does care for Geet. 

It's so incredible how much Geet's character has changed. Practically this entire episode she had her head down, not able to look anyone in the eyes...and what she turns out to be and the way she begins to stand up for herself in the coming episodes...I always knew she wasn't the same Geet but this is a greater change than I initially thought. 

Ok seriously, the same Darji that yelled at her for not having a dupatta is letting her go talk on the roof with Dev...ALONE. Are you kidding me? I don't care if their wedding has been finalized...it still seems fishy. And by the same token, if Dev is going to end up leaving her and is already married...why does he care if Geet's happy with the wedding or not? Though I like how Geet only looks at him when he's looking down and not back at her. While he's tying the wound I mean. When he looks back up, she immediately looks down. 

Interesting...the Darji that loves his discipline and traditions so much takes no time in giving into the boy's family's demands. 

I guess thats all. Sorry guys it's mostly just my rambling...and I'm definitely not as good as you guys with picking up on the symbolism and stuff but here are my thoughts.😊

@Paro: We absolutely cannot blame NT for Dev's amendment to the plan! I have said this in discussions in the past, that NT deserved a chance at redemption far more than Dev did. Her side of the plan was horrible, but did not involve getting Geet emotionally invested, nor did it involve her getting pregnant. And honestly, if they had followed NT's version of the plan, Geet's family would have been robbed of some wealth, but would have simply found her someone else to marry, probably being more weary this time of who they chose and less willing to bend backwards to please them. On the other hand, what Dev ended up doing nearly cost Geet her life (which it would have if she wasn't in a fiction show) and did cost her her family. So who really deserved to be punished and who deserved a chance at redemption?

Wow! You are dedicated. I am also going on vacation, starting the end of next week and you have inspired me to do likewise. I am going to miss Maan's entry! 😭

@GeetHSP: Daarji's desperation to get Geet married off is making him willing to compromise his rules and principles. That is the attitude that Dev and family take advantage of.

I was thinking, do you guys just want to continue into the weekend? Like do one episode per day as usual? We all used to get so bored waiting for Maanday anyway and you can watch the episode at any time when you are free... Let me know

@Samanalyse You are so right! 

And while I'm here, I would like to have it continue into the weekend :) 
Watched the 3rd episode today. Right from the beginning there were lots of hints that this marriage was going to be fake. First of all, the Khurana family's constant urge to finish off the roka. Then Dev instantly liking Geet and telling the others to go ahead with the marriage. Third, doing the marriage in a far-away land which will be away from the eyes of the rest of the world in case they get caught. Fourth, Dolly's "accidental" mouth about taking care of the "kaam." This whole thing shows that this idea of fake marriage was a cold calculative plan. It was a heinous crime to say the least.😑

I would blame NT but I would blame Dev more. NT was carrying out the regular plan to just get money out of the family. Dev went ahead and ruined Geet's life. I sometimes feel that Dev and Geet should not have slept together if they did not want the crime to be so huge. But then later on the baby is what makes Maneet's relationship so damn different. The fact that Maan loved her and her baby (their baby) is what makes this love story really special. Nonetheless, spineless Dev should have went to jail or turned negative...no questions asked!!🀬

I would also blame a lot on the family. I guess the Dad was getting the hints that something was not right but he was overridden by the rest of the family members. The others were so gullible and they kept on trusting blindly. Who does that? I would understand if some hints were not given. But here a lot of hints were given over the course of time...so why? But then I think their arrogance, hurry to get Geet married at a young age, along with their honor of the family mantra tantra, they got blinded and got too excited with the whole proposal. This whole excitement led to them not really having the time to say wait a minute!! who are these people?

Geet was so shy in the terrace scene...very different from the Geet we know later on. However, I do like the fact that she tells Dev whatever is on her mind. So we did see some glimpses of her. The kaata laga scene...Dev was helping her but he was causing her more pain when he was taking the kaata out. Same thing happened with the dupatta. Whenever Dev tries to "help" her, the situation actually becomes worse.πŸ₯±πŸ˜† 

Exciting precap about Channi's death tomorrow😲

@Neha: I loved your take!

Yeah, it is sad how all suspicion goes to the wind simply because they are agreeing to take Geet off of Darjee's hands. I liked Mohinder for this. His daughter is worth more to him than something that is to just be given away. How I would love to see him and Maan interact as they both dote on Geet, the only difference being that Maan is his own man and free to express it and Mohinder is under Darjee's imperious thumb. So he wants to ask Geet what she thinks, he wants to ask, wait a minute, who are these people but  neither is Geet allowed to talk, nor is he.

I am excited for the precap too!

@ Samana If majority want it that way then maybe we can go ahead and do episodes over the weekend too but my own wish would be for it to be just like how it was. Episodes on weekdays and then the wait for the Maanday episode. Weekends for me are many times so much more busy than weekdays and the Maha episodes had me in a fix many a time. . We can continue to analyse the episodes of the week or like in cases of poeple who could not make it any weekday or who are on vacation it gives them time to catch up on the episodes and the analysis. Again lets be a democracy and what most of us want can be done. What say?
@Paro: That is exactly why I put the question out there πŸ˜ƒ

I wanted to know what you all thought of the idea so we could decide together based on the majority preference. I myself am fine with either, although this week it was selfish because I will be missing Maan's entry if we skip the weekend. πŸ˜›

But if we decide not to do weekends, I will just watch it, write my take beforehand and PM it to one of you lovely people so you can put it up for me. I guess that is the advantage of retrospective analysis; it's all so flexible with so many options. πŸ˜ƒ

Let's see what others say about the weekend...
Hmm.. interesting epi...
So v see.. it is all rushed.. in d first meeting itself...they decided to hav ROKA of Dev-Geet.. 
It is strange that.. nobody cared to know abt Dev n his family... what he did.. where they live.. ancestors.. relatives.. no questions wer asked ???? Or r v supposed to assume that Geet's family already know abt it.. 

Daarji dialogue. Zamane key saath badalna padta hai..felt very strange.. considering how he was treating Geet n other ladies with his whole Kaydaa-Kanoon...

Dev-Geet on terrace.. n The whole thorn scene was very nice... Geet was looking at Dev with so much expectations n surprise... can I say she kind of trusted him a little... the way he showed the concern by tieing handkerchief to her wounded foot...n he was d only one who asked her abt her wish regarding this marriage.. I felt so bad.. coz I know what is coming..
Geet not taking Dev's hand.. when offered to help... I was happy abt it...
( any symbolisms in this one.. coz v know how readily she grabs Maan's hand...πŸ˜†)

Dev... I hav to say.. I m highly confused 
If it was a part of his plan to take away the money.. how come he is showing concern as to what Geet thinks of all this...
I mean.. he kept on glancing at Geet when marraige was finalised.. n saw that she is not happy.. so he tells her family members to ask her POV also??? Why??? 

Also v got hints in todays epi.. as to something is not right.. first Kamya's Dialogue.. hamara kaam ho gaya.. n everyone's reaction to it... secondly... ppl may wonder as to why r they rushing with d marriage???

One more thing.. very special of this epi.. is that..the BG music played at d end of Dev-Geet convo.. is my most fav..I thought it was exclusively for Maan-Geet..but nevertheless I just love it..

Over all nice epi. πŸ˜Š
Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago