Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 19

nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Episode was interesting...
Showed different phases of each character
Darji being adamant but had to let go and agree for Geet and Dev to meet seperately
Brij though voiced his opinion had to succumb to Darji
Geet though didnt raise her head even once, did say that she doesnt want to go to Canada. DD is wonderful in the entire episode, actually I started liking her even more now, coz there was a point where she was doing OTT acting which irritated a lot of us
Dev though confident at the beginning, his expression was perfect in the end scene as if he got a slap on his face, from Geets blunt denial...
Dev's family, seemed like they go with the wind, initially they acted reluctant but as soon as Dev said yes, they acted as if they were the happiest people in the world.
I always wondered why nobody in the village knew abt the marriage, may be the coming episodes will explain some...

Guys, I wont be able to view the episodes and write analysis until 30th as I am going on vacation tomorrow... I will try to stalk and read the analysis though... And I promise I will watch all the missed episodes without cheating and write my opnion in one big post...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mayu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sam and Richa๐Ÿค—

Move to the New Den please๐Ÿ˜ณ
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Third episode marked the first Dev-Geet interaction and who would hv guessed what Dev will go on to do later ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก...

In this episode ,Dev actually looked like a cool modern guy who does not give much importance to rules and regulations and he looked smitten with Geet ๐Ÿค” ;It was clear that Geet was skeptical with the marriage right from the beginning but Dev made sure his charms work on her soon ๐Ÿ˜‰..

Pammi it seemed was almost on the verge of spilling out the truth but NT and that sister made sure Pammi keeps her mouth shut

Darji and Brij as usual kept jaaping about thier so called Khandaan ki Izzat and how culture of Canada and Punjab is different and how girls here dont meet outside separately with their fiance ๐Ÿฅฑ ...

Everyone from Dev's family to Handa Family were thinking about their own selves while poor Geet was made the scapegoat in all this ๐Ÿ˜ญ ;She was shown false dreams of a happy married life in Canada and she started dreaming only after her family forced into it and Dev spoke those sugar coated words to her .,....Little did she knew of whats coming in her life ๐Ÿ˜ญ...

Overall a good episode and the highlight was the first Dev-Geet interaction on the terrace ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
TRULYOURS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
dev and his family accepts geets rishta and gets the elders blessing
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Paro: This question of yours came to my mind as well:

What has me wondering is that why did Dev pretend that Geet's opinion matter so much to him. It also grates my nerves when i think about how Dev kind of built Geet's trust on him little by little brick by brick until she completely fell for him before cheating her and dumping her so much so that she just could not believe  that he had actually done what he had done.Really sad.

My best guess here is that Dev is just a flirt and womaniser by nature and finds it very hard to draw the line between business and pleasure. I am guessing he married NT because she was really high maintanence and he likes the chase so he pursued her until she fell for him and now that she is his, he has sort of lost interest in her and moves on to his next target. Of course none of this is conscious for him... he does it instinctively without realising, the same way he loses all his money. He is clearly a brat who has gotten everything he every wanted, no matter how short-lived or unreasonable that desire was so when Maan refuses to give him money it must be a shocker for him but I digress. My answer to your question of why he cared what Geet thinks, is that I think he is a bit of a romantic and got caught up in the whole act of wooing Geet because it was another challenge for him, just like NT would have been.
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Sam the third episode is  about fixing the marriage wid innocent geet.
Frankly speaking I found it very natural could not even guess what Dev & NT are going to do.
All acted so well including Geet'sparents. Everything looked natural like a real boy coming to see a girl and his family  likes the girl so much that they  wanted to have roka then and there itself.
Geet  like  all  other girl wanted to say she don't wan't to get married so early but darjee stopped her saying in a conventional family the head of the family man's word is last. Geet had to obey her darjee with fear of brij.
First time when I saw the episodei thought dev wanted to talk to geet bcz he wanted to know whether she really liked him or not and why she isn't smiling for that geet's moved backward and a thorn pricks in her leg and bleeds to that dev takes his kerchief and band aids her leg.  She get lil impressed with his attitude and gets up he says It's important for him to know what she wants.Then she opens up saying she don't want to go to canada  so far leaving her parents. to that dev looked tense. Mean while dev's parents are talking to daarjee,then comes channis brother wid his problem ,suddenly  darjee and geet's father & tayji's faces change,seeing the situation Dev's mom  comes up with her plan of getting geet and dev married in their  ancestral village ,darjee accept for that too.meanwhlie the talks are on on the terrace rajjo comes and disturbs the talk. The thorn prick  in geet's leg say the step which she is going to take is like thorns. it will wound her and blood means pain to be felt by geet.
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
 Sam It was fool proof plan made by  dev's family .they are taking care from all the sides to make it success. see dev is looking after geet, pummi is trying hard to impress darjee with her calmness & simplicity  and NT is seen as a classy ,undestanding bahu,kamya though silly but sucess ful in raising points in front of a serious and srtict family in a fun mode to which approval is given twice. Dev  wanted to grill geet and win her confidence so that from her side no opposition raised,if she is calm  automatically the ladies are calm.and KAM HO GAYA was a big hint to handa family but they could not make out and NT has changed into rista jud gaya very intelligently.NT was regulating all.
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Richa
Those were some wonderful points, it really proves as to how much thought went into detailing these characters...
But later to be butchered by the knew CVs who are lazy to do their homework, especially Pammy's turn around was a shocker, as she was the only one shown a little sympathetic to Geet
-richierich- thumbnail
 Ya nirvy we are not  false crying for a show it was a wonderful drama cooked by old Cvs,to this point My mom also accepts If same cosistancy and class was maintaine It was no less than a classic.Poor Gul is thinking  we are bunch random teenagers who just love to see mahi moments and love story but no there are many followers of this show .out the context she mentions as module and ask us to watch on SP. Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Richa: Even if it was a fool proof plan, I don't think there was the need for Dev to woo Geet as much as he did and really make her fall in love with him. You could have easily seen that they would have gotten her married to him and made her say yes also, as Brij did so what was his deal? I think there was something more to it than just the plan, and that the desire to sleep with her didn't happen just suddenly on their SR. I really do think Dev was smitten with Geet, was attracted to her and just had to have her and not any other girl, even though they were just doing this for business. Especially after this, I feel like making Geet fall for him would be like a game to him. It is typical womaniser behaviour.

@Nirvy: Actually, I don't think Pammi's transformation was that out there. I explained it to myself that she figured Dev would have never had to stoop to the lows he did with Geet had Maan given him money, so she wanted to take revenge and get everything for Dev so he could also afford to be principled like Maan, if that makes sense. I actually think Usha Bachani's characterisation was good because she would get all weepy and desperate at times which reminded me of this docile woman she once was. So to me it was a bit illogical that she became that vampy character but not wholly unbelievable.