Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 16

nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Priya

Yes, being from canada they did show their backward thinking...
And Dev's music I think has played a lot of times after in the episodes...Yes that music is very haunting...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you so much Lily! You are a trooper! 🤗

And Paro, thanks for offering to do it. Unfortunately I was not here by the time you sent the message but thanks nonetheless for the offer of help!

I am off to watch, analyse and read all your takes. See you in 45 mins 😃
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I liked that they maintained d continuity.. in epi 2...
So everyone was just a mute spectator of whole incident... n nobody even bothered to know what exactly happened in reality...
For me.. the after scene concern of Rano for Geet... by consoling her, applying med.. ddi not go well.. I did not feel d mother's love at all.. if she was so much concerned abt her.. why ddin't she speak up before for her???? 
I guess its a typical scenario of a female/wife treated as an object n who has no saying in family matters at all...
So v saw.. just how much orthodox n conservative Handa family is...

Next thing...CANEDDA family entry...😆 
God.. if I had not seen d serial.. I wld hav fallen for DEV..just like Geet n his family did... 😆
I really liked Dev's entry today...it was sort of like he is THE hero of this serial... everything was perfect.. he was shown classy,rich,understanding... of course.. he was on his mission... 
I wld say that.. CVs had done an amazing job here...

Dev saying yes for d marriage.. was it that he understood d crux of d situation.. n decided to take d advantage of Handa family's "sharmindgi"  position.. or he was already attracted to Geet after seeing her???

Abt d old cast.. 
V saw... Dev's real mom... who courtesy BARRY was seen in BR track...again..
Old NT.. is always a pleasure to see..
so CVs had really forgotten all abt Kamya.. was she Dev's real sister... did she get a plastic surgery n then came as ANNIE???

Over all nice epi..😊

nirvanica15 thumbnail
@Sia
So true, if only we didnt know what Dev did later, we definitely would have liked him... 
And his dialogue he is waiting for a girl exactly like her was like perfect... 
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Lily:

(when u come back)
Thanks for d update.. actually that was a nice idea.. of putting up d link..
I saw Samana's Msg.. n was trying to upload d video but just cudn't...
Anyways.. v can always do that...

@ All: 
Totally agree.. DD 's look was very fresh n indeed she was looking younger in those days...

Actually.. now that I know.. I understand why DD refused to do this role in d first place.. Geet is so unlike DD..but Hats off to her.. she did an amazing job...😊😊
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
just now heard director sandeep's interview in TT. he shares his first sight of DD - in the second episode where she gets beating from darji. he was also telling the same - what a fresh look drashti had n how innocent n beautiful she looked. it seems he complimented nissar on perfect casting. it was really too much of a coincidence - we ppl discussing abt drashti's innocent looks n d director commenint on dd's looks n d same episode.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ok this episode was less action packed than yesterday but so much more emotional and really made a moving point about Geet's sad situation.

In the first scene I was even more moved about her trying to reason with Darjee yesterday when I saw her cry today. She never let him see how much he had hurt her both physically and her pride when he hit her. It shows that this girl has mettle and pride! She was accused for the result of an incident that was totally not her fault and outside her control, similar to what happens with Dev later on. This seems to be a foreshadowing of the whole story in the way she loses her dupatta and the punishment she receives from her family for no fault of her own.

And there is the question, was she sobbing because of getting hit, or was she sobbing because of the ladkewale coming and her normal life, which was unfortunately being hit by Darjee, being razed to the ground as a result?

My favourite scene of the day had to be Geet's conversation with her mother and the utter generation gap that was present here. Geet was speaking both with her voice and her eyes but her mother just saw past her desperation completely. I had a lump in my throat watching Geet cry desperately, trying to convince her mother that she didn't want to get married and leave them so soon. Knowing this is her initial attitude towards the marriage, it broke my heart to think of how much trust she later puts in Dev. But her mother just failed completely to understand Geet's pain and her wishes though she gave her affection.

Put your hands up if you wanted to slap Kamiya! 😆 What an irritating child!

The men of the family begging forgiveness was also a poignant part of the scene. It shows why daughters are considered a weakness until they are married off because these people give so much power to the boy's family that a man like Darjee can be forced to bow his head in shame thanks to one small, innocent mistake by a girl of his family. It is this perception that having the "burden" of a girl child puts you in a position of weakness, that allows Dev and his family to trick Geet's family and I guess why it rings true to the real social issue.

One detail i loved was the silent communication between Mohinder and Ranno. They kept making eye contact and were clearly shown to be very well connected. Geet is their only child and they feel deeply for her and stay connected through this mutual pain.

Finally, when her mother was walking her away, i loved the mild expression of defiance on Geet's face. She looked as though she was saying, I don't care what punishment you give me, I will take it and she was dry-eyed. However, the moment Dev said that he would marry her she was shocked and dissolved into tears. It shows how much she really dreads the idea of getting married and having to go far away from her family so much so that she is willing to bear Darjee's punishment over it. At least Darjee's punishment will mean she is still a part of the family while marrying Dev, to her at this point is the ultimate punishment as it will separate her from her whole world.

Dev was used very effectively here, as he didn't say much but what he said changed the whole scene. It also showed how powerful a man's word is in this society as the men of Geet's family were immediately elated when he accepted Geet and it seemed to cancel out everything the women had said about her.

I couldn't like Dev today because although he accepted Geet and said she had everything he wanted, he did exactly what she didn't want and I couldn't help but feel deeply for her, being in this hopeless situation where her dreams are being compromised and everything she doesn't want is happening.

Amazing performance by DD! 👏

nirvanica15 thumbnail
@Samana

As usual wonderful analysis...
About not able to like Dev because he is doing what Geet doesnt want to is your POV... But at that point Dev doesnt know if Geet wants to get married or not, and in the Precap he was shown asking them to get an opinion from Geet... So Dev cant be blamed here from the two episodes we have seen so far...
manny136 thumbnail
the first few epis show how geet's life is and how her family thinks and then there is dev the good prospective husband but looking at the women in the family and the hints we get u get the feeling something bad is just around the corner. They made Dev look so good but then it was for us to be totally shocked when the truth comes out.
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
EPISODE -2
   firstly sorry sam I could not write my take in time y'day .Morning I did but suddendly power was gone and my pC shutdown but today ok im in time.
 Yesterday it was geet's family introduction and how the characters were different. We people sitting in cities don't know much about the conventional & joint families and their strict rules to which every person is bound to follow they like it or not.
  Today in episode two geet is warned by darjee  saying everybody has to follow the rules and regulations in the house and u cannot be free from these rules and if u try to break them next time u will geta bigger punishment. A women[marriage broker] comes running saying those people have already arrived abd they are in the guest house.daarjee calls geets mom rano and ask her to get geet ready for meeting the boy and hi parents.Geet is nervous and scare and more than that she don't want to get married,she want to study more. to that her mother  explains its a darjee's decission and we all are there don't worry and tayiji asks her to get ready soon.Dolly geets bhabhi tries to chill her  and I liked that sisterly talk. While geet mother getting geet ready rano says they are coming ,Geet's mothers ask geet to get ready and she leaves. Fist Dev's mother,NT andDev's sister who looks big mouthed and strange entr's darji's house and get introduced by all. Dev's mother introduces NT as meri badi bhu  but kARISHMA acted so well.Then enters dev, frankly speaking when I saw the episode I thought he is the one who is gonna relieve from all pain she is bearing in her family but he is going to increase her pain which lead to honor killing.
    Geet's parents are really heartless and spineless,didn't they mind to enquire about the person whom they are giving their daughter when dev enters he was surprised to see geet and that big mouthed kamya opens up saying she is the one whom thy have seen in the highway.hearing that daarji becomes serious.Darjee asks sorry from everybody and the whole family asks for sorry. They are so idiots who have no brain & heart, .

Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago