Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Episode started with where is ended in the previous one.. What stuck in my head after the first scene was Geet holding up until Darji left the scene and started crying...Shows she was strong from the beginning but just was alone and nobody to support her... Thats why when she found some support later on she held on to it ...

And Geet was skeptical from the beginning about the marriage and how fast things are moving, but there was no one to listen to her concerns, and everybody just wanted to make sure that they like Geet..

Initially when I saw NT, i thought she was pretty, and Kamya was irritating and Pammy was meak...
And Darji bowing his head infront of evryone was a good scene.. What surprised me yesterday and today, was nobody was concerned that Geet was in an accident, and nobody even bothered to check if she was OK... And even Dev's family knew there was an accident and still were worried about her not having a dupatta on... They didnt have to act in the car, since there was nobody from Geet's family...I guess it was just a build up to show that they are a family of values as well...

And Dev saying she is exactly the girl he was look for😡, but if I keep aside Dev's character, he did seem like a knight in shining armor who came to rescue Geet from the clutches of her family...He looked soft and like a person who cares and dont believe in all these rules ...

nirvanica15 thumbnail
@ Aarushi, Tulip, geetadict, leverne 

Great analysis by alll...
It is interesting to see different POV, and also I am surprised there was a lot of thought in each scene in the initial days... Where as we were getting crappy episodes which had no head or tail in the end...
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Second Episode made me feel Geet's pain even more the way she could not even raise her voice or give her views on anything and on top of that the pain she was going through because of Darji leaving those scars on her hand but still she had to get ready because ladkewalas r coming to see her  😭😭😭..

One could clearly say that Geet was not at all prepared for the marriage as she wanted to study further but as usual she had no say in the house and so was forced to meet Dev and his family against her wishes as noone had the guts to go against Brij or Darji's wish ...not even Geet's own parents and this was Geet's biggest bad luck that even her own parents were spineless ...Yes I will use the word spineless because they could see Geet's pain so clearly but could not say a word to the likes of Darji or Brij 😡

Dev's family consisting of his sister,NT and that mother Pammi,right from the start looked very suspicious with their behaviour especially the mother Pammi who looked quite creepy to be honest 😳..Somewhere I had the doubts on NT right from that episode based on my 13 yrs of serial experience 😆😛 ;I guessed it that NT might b Dev's girlfriend but no way she can b his bhabhi 😆 ;Well later it turned out that NT is Dev's wife and DevTara was discovered 😆 ;If we see this early episode ,we will realise that it was Dev who was calling the shots and acting all fida over Geet while his family was only giving him support and mayb thats one reason later no loyal viewer of this show could accept Dev as a victim and eventually becoming a saint thus making NT look like the culprit which was never the case 😡 ;This episode clearly showed that Dev was equally involved in this whole act 😡...

Overall the episode was a good build up for the coming episodes as it mainly projected two things ..one is Dev's family's suspicious intro and second is how Geet has no say in her own family and is forced to do whatever Darji and Brij orders 😊

Edited by jyoti06 - 12 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
DD as Geet looked very different in these initial episode ..she had a very innocent and simple look in these episodes ...she was deliberately given a non-glamourous look in these episode without much make-up and I loved that 👍🏼
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@geetaddict- Quite true -each different take even from the same epi- does give us another perspective

@Nirvy,Tulip- Sowiee for late reply -moi was busy with sending PMs to thread,so people can start off asap & then went off for dinner-but fab analysis & courtesy Samana not only can we recapitualate but share ou POVs in retrospect now when we couldn't before😳

@Samana- Hope you're enjoying your time with parents on their anniversary-best wishes from me too on this good occassion😃
Lily201 thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyoti06

DD as Geet looked very different in these initial episode ..she had a very innocent and simple look in these episodes ...she was deliberately given a non-glamourous look in these episode without much make-up and I loved that 👍🏼

Yup she enacted such a role beautifully & one felt soo protective to save her from her ruthless Daarji/Brij-veerji's clutches-who were bent on making her a sacrificial lamb

Thats why we admired & were proud at her defiance against injustice
anjalireddyy84 thumbnail
@ All

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=273563252692694&set=a.135017853213902.17562.134797139902640&type=1&ref=nf

Go to this link n Like our post, comment  Show Gurti /Maaneet power yaar we have to grab each opportunity common all

oly 190 likes show d power GHSP,Maaneetians,Gurtians

@ Jo

is it safe na moi posted dis link here, if u want i can remove but we need support n cmnts na
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Yes, DD was looking very innocent and in character. There is a lot of difference esen from these episodes to the initial Delhi track... Even this hairstyle was good, though kind of rural, but still anyday better than the one she had after...
Lily201 thumbnail
Yes there's something of a ravishing freshness in DD- in this HP village's girl from her hairstyle,to her makeup,clothing & most imp of all her mannerisms added to ingenuity of Geet's character-really appreciated the effort there by GHSP-team👏

OK moi lubs those bg tunes played-they added to effect alot

edit-Adios see ya later-moi is tired🥱

Have a blast discussing🤗
Edited by Lily201 - 12 years ago
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
finally caught up with episode!!! life is catching up with no serial on tv. depending only on online support! thank god for small mercies!

comign to the epi!

Dev did come across as a knight n shining armour! but the last scene where dev agrees to rishta, i cd relate to geet's situ - she cannot be happy for a marriage which she didn't want, but if they reject her, her family will punish her for her mistake(?). what i cdnt get was why so much fuss over dupatta? i mean she was not playing around without dupatta. she is seen falling down from vehicle. evn if others didn't see d vehicle, seeing her appearance one cd easily surmise that she has been n an accident. so losing dupatta n an accident is not a big deal. evn conservative fly will they fuss like this. d way kamya reacted (were they fr canada?) wat OTT. NT was much better than the other two.

i liked Geet's chr. d way she controlled her cry till darji left. and she didn't evn put her hand down till he left. shows d respect she has for him. geet is not really keen for marriage but no one seemed to care. d way d mother tells geet - darji knows everythng - shows complete brainwashed woman who unquestionably follows men's commands.

darji is all powerful, but how come two sons are shown not dat dominative whereas brij is of d same mould as darji? genes jumped?

but one thing i noticed was all were good actors including d irritating kamya (i didnt like her at all).we didnt have non actors at this time. and dat house entrance looked very rich.

i liked d bg whn dev entered. was it repeated any time later? it was haunting am unable to place it.

dev looks fully involved. his roving eye is definitely on geet.

story moving really n fast pace for a daily soap.