Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISHQSalmanSe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

The first episode'..I have watched in bits and pieces in videos but never all at once. It feels so good'..even though I know whats going to happen, you still feel the chill down your spine.😲 It had the suspense, drama, and its nail biting moments to get a regular viewer hooked. If I am getting the chill right now, I can just imagine the amount of curiosity it must have generated in those who watched it when it aired.😍 If people ask GHSP viewers today'.what was so special about GHSP? Its mindblowing start and the beginning of a gripping plot in the first episode itself.πŸ‘πŸΌ

The first scene'.I was cringing but the anxiety of whats going to happen next made me sit through it. Aww the Brij Handa with his talwar and hairy chest.😳🀣 🀣Take a bow Behzaad Khan!! I spoke to him on  facebook a couple of days ago'.he said he would love to be part of Season 2 if it happened and enjoyed being part of GHSP. Anyways back to the episode'.Its just shocking how a few group of men terrorize the poor villagers in the name of honor and respect. Where are the police?😳 Oh i forgot that Indian police always come to the crime scene days later.🀣 On a serious note... I guess when there is no evidence, it is hard to convict such men. It is even harder when nobody knows about it and those who do know about it do not have the audacity to speak up. 😑Channi is killed mercilessly. The way that scene is executed is brilliant!

Back to the house'.the typical scene of women doing the household chores and men out and about in the village being men. Geet's mother is all excited about getting a proposal from Canada for her daughter'..because women have nothing else to do except marry and have kids.🀒 Add to that the aunt gets frustrated when she realizes Geet is sent to school today'women do not have the right to be educated.😑 Gosh'Geet had to face so many hardships. It was a good thing she realized that this was all wrong and there is another world outside that does not treat women so harshly (Thanks to Munda later on)😳.

Enter Geet'. DD looks so innocent and cute. She has some natural genes to look so young at like 25 or 26.☺️ She looked like a school girl. The background tune is so heartwarming. Btw did anybody notice that the girl who was yelling at her from behind to stop was Pawandeep Kaur'.one of the original girl creatives on the show.πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž Geet's relationships with Rajji and Tittu were adorable. I like how CV's captured the personality of Geet's character in the first episode itself. Yes she is lively, bubbly and fun with her bhangda and playfulness. However, she is also responsible when she takes care of her brother and sister. For example, she does not leave her brother's side when he tells her that he will be fine alone.  πŸ˜ƒ

Enter Darjee and the rest of the household. I am not sure which place they had gone to. It was to serve the poor people some food. Look at the irony in all this.😲 Yes they do serve the poor people to show the outside public'..in the inside'they are torturerers and murderers. Double faced people.🀬

All this reminds of the Salem Witch craft trials that happened in Europe hundreds of years ago. People thought some people were cursed for being witches and killed them in the name of honor and respect. This happened for years until some major force intervened. Similarly, our Geet will be instrumental in intervening against all this injustice. 😳

Brij, Darjee and others pretend to not know anything about Channi'.I guess their thinking has been shown as regressive thinking. They probably think that whatever punishment they have given to the poor girl was deserved. I think I had this discussion with Samana'.these are not real villains but people with purpose and motifs whose actions are negative'.if that makes any sense. πŸ˜•They are not just negative for the sake of being negative if you know what I mean. The look Behzaad Khan gives when he talks about Geet facing the same punishment if she dares to go down the path shows this. Brij is going to give that punishment to whoever'not caring about his relationships... Foreshadowing here😭 If he would have been biased to his sister'..then that would be a whole different story. Foreshadowing here

Geet driving on the scooty with Titto and loosing her dupatta in the first episode itself. Ahh the amazing symbolism here.😳 I wanted to shout Maan but I knew it was going to be Dev. 😭Oh AS looked hot in the scene.πŸ˜› A lot of viewers must have felt'.yes the hero has arrived! Oh how wrong were they! Did you also notice how it took Dev so long to take out the dupatta? It proves here that only and only Maan is the one that had the authority for her dupatta. Nobody knew that the hero was not even in the picture yet!!πŸ˜‰ Also, Geet leaves before getting the dupatta and tries to enter the house without it. Poor thing gets trapped with all the men in the jeep right in front of her. She gets violently hand smacked. This proves that since the beginning Dev will only cause her troubles and would not be able to save her from the troubles. 😭

Another thing which I want to mention here'.on the scooty ride Titto mentions that he is the only one man/male that Geet can show her authority on. This is shown when she bows down to all the men in that jeep. However, we know later on that she does stand up to them in the climax scene. Btw did anybody notice that the jeep was Maan's jeep? Kangal PH!πŸ€”

The way she puts out her hand to get the punishment was submissive behavior. She is shown as submissive early on'and how the character changes after that is exciting to watch.πŸ˜ƒ I remember when I had some schooling in India and got whacked once with a ruler so I can imagine the pain.πŸ₯± I would have called Children's Services if I knew about it when I was small. 😳

At the end of the scene when she stops getting whacked, there is a pigeon that flies. It shows that Geet still needs to break out of her shell and learn to fly.πŸ˜ƒ Cant wait to see Dev, NT, sister and Pammi to make their entry tomorrow!! A wonderful start to one of the most unique story-line that I have come across! β­οΈβ­οΈπŸ‘

Bow down to the team!!πŸ€—

Edited by neha9999 - 12 years ago
manny136 thumbnail
i found the page tht has practically all the promos but some of the early ones r gone coz the account got deleted but here is the post anywhttps://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1661418
lams thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi everyone @samana - thanks so much for the Pm ...

I had seen the first episode 2-3 months ago and I actually had not liked the whole village setup ...me very biased ...:) and truthful so i guess I understand why this serial did not do well initially as it started with low TRPs and so they move the whole scene to Delhi ..

But I feel bad that later on they just totally forgot this family , I did enjoy the characters though and I wished they had tried to integrate it later on when geet was enjoying a lot of success

So with that I start -  I had actually liked Dev in the beginning , I felt that he was nice ...I didnt know of course that he was married etc and so I gave the benefit of doubt ... I actually like this actor better than the present one ..as this one is more macho and can have grey shades better than the new one ...

The characterisation of everyone was very well done and I suppose at that time the CVs had planned for Geet to take up for her friend and get justice.
Drashti did a very good portrayal of an 18 year old girl ... she totally looked the part
Edited by lams - 12 years ago
Craziest_MG thumbnail
Hey Samana,
Thanks for the analysis n the epi video.
Sorry but i was not able to watch the epi...my house is full of so many people right now...n they are still around me asking what are you doing...??
Lol

Okk...bohot bakwas ho gayi.
When i had watched the first epi, i was scared...darji's behaviour was horrible...i hated him n Brij.
Geet was sweet n innocent.

Loved the analysis...thanks for the update n link.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Neha: πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

What a detailed and brilliant analysis!

And great minds think alike because I totally mentioned the motives and the no villains in GHSP think in my analysis as well! I guess that discussion really stuck with both of us, probably because it rung so true to the brilliant creation of the original team!

I also loved that you pointed out Geet's in-built maternal instinct along with her playfulness. She really takes care of her siblings and wants them to have no trouble come their way and for their every wish to come true. I guess in some ways this foreshadows how possessive and protective she is of her baby. That strong maternal instinct is already visible here.

Salem Witch Trials! Yes! That is exactly what this mirrors. It's like you know just what to say to make this history nerd go all mushy and gushy inside. 😳

@Iams: I think it was always in the plan to have Geet move to Delhi but maybe the focus on the love story was not meant to be as strong, though GC has said the story was always meant to be Maan-Geet. The character I most wanted to see in the context of Geet's success was her dad who made her path a little easier without her knowing it and even when she hated him. This is what a real parent does so I would have loved to see him instead of Darjee at the wedding, to be honest.

@All: I forgot to mention one more thing. I think it was so interesting to show how Brij would react to a young tailor touching the women of his house. It was such a contrast to the similar situation between Maan and Geet, which I couldn't help but think of when that came up!
ISHQSalmanSe thumbnail
Originally posted by: nirvanica15

@Faria

Thats a very profound quote and a true to the word...
I  loved his kite runner...

Kite Runner is one of my most favorite novels ever Nirvy!πŸ˜ƒ
ISHQSalmanSe thumbnail
Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Neha: πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

What a detailed and brilliant analysis!

And great minds think alike because I totally mentioned the motives and the no villains in GHSP think in my analysis as well! I guess that discussion really stuck with both of us, probably because it rung so true to the brilliant creation of the original team!

I also loved that you pointed out Geet's in-built maternal instinct along with her playfulness. She really takes care of her siblings and wants them to have no trouble come their way and for their every wish to come true. I guess in some ways this foreshadows how possessive and protective she is of her baby. That strong maternal instinct is already visible here.

Salem Witch Trials! Yes! That is exactly what this mirrors. It's like you know just what to say to make this history nerd go all mushy and gushy inside. 😳

@Iams: I think it was always in the plan to have Geet move to Delhi but maybe the focus on the love story was not meant to be as strong, though GC has said the story was always meant to be Maan-Geet. The character I most wanted to see in the context of Geet's success was her dad who made her path a little easier without her knowing it and even when she hated him. This is what a real parent does so I would have loved to see him instead of Darjee at the wedding, to be honest.

@All: I forgot to mention one more thing. I think it was so interesting to show how Brij would react to a young tailor touching the women of his house. It was such a contrast to the similar situation between Maan and Geet, which I couldn't help but think of when that came up!

@Sam:
Thank you dearie! πŸ€— Ooh I like the word maternal instinct! Yup Geet showed signs of that very early. 😳I was hoping that you would know about the Salem trials...me too a history nerd.πŸ€“

Loved your take too! πŸ‘πŸ‘ especially about the difference between right and wrong according to perspectives! Also you nicely pointed out the blame game Darjee put on Channi's father...nice way to avoid the guilty feeling.πŸ˜›
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
All those who liked Kite runner should read Alchemist, its brilliant

Yes, analysing the first episode was actually a great experience, and seeing so many responses is overwhelming... ANd to be frank they wouldnt have analysed this much in those days as Geet was just starting and there were not many followers
mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
@Samana, brilliant analysis...about the duppataa, we had said the same thing last year when the episode came out...what made it all the more interesting was when Maan saved Geet...from drowning...he threw her on the floor...he showed her straightforwardly what kind of man he was, BUT he also had returned her dupatta to her...while leaving...

so they showed such a VAST different between the two men in her life...one man, pretending to be who he is to geet...in her eyes he is the guy whom shall love her...BUT he couldn't even protect her izaat symbolically...

and here she meets maan, whom doesn't care a damn about anything...in fact he pushes her away when she bumps into him...he wasn't hiding his personality...it was out there...but he still protected her honor...symbolically even so...by handing her dupatta to her...well more like tossing it on her faceπŸ˜†

hayee this was what i loved about this damn show...the differences...anywayz i went ahead...but then again i told u what that this was the exact symbolism i had and many on the idiots thread had pointed out...when the episode had come out...good to know others too have the same ideaπŸ˜‰
Edited by mysterygurl1427 - 12 years ago
shammo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Samana, thanks a lot for starting this thread and taking the trouble to pm me about it. I am so glad to be a small part of this. I loved your analysis. In fact, I loved everyone's take on the episode. Special mention to the dupatta symbolism which had struck me too. 
@mysterygurl1427, I loved what you said about Maan and Dev differences. 

About the episode, I had watched it before and watching it again strengthens my love for GHSP even more. Even then I was in awe of the first scene,although it was horrific. The execution of the whole scene had given me goosebumps. They did not waste time in getting to the crux of the story. All the characters were beautifully sketched and strongly established in the very first episode itself. The Geet that we get to see later, is shown in small glimpses in the first episode. The fact that Geet tolerated all that torture of the circus party later is because it is in her character to be protective about her siblings and her relations. 
What stood out for me was the subtle implications that truth is powerful. Be it through Geet's dialogue to Rajji, or the gurbani playing ( i think that is what it is called, sorry if I am not using the right word) when Darji goes to visit the gurduwara with his sons. That is basically the basis of Maan-Geet relationship. Dev uses lies and deceit to save his skin and destroys Geet's life and because of his deceit Geet is eventually forced to revolt against this oppression as she believes in truth and the fact that whatever happens, truth wins eventually because truth is God. Geet inherently is a fighter for truth, Maan ignites the fire in her to give her the strength to reach her destination. 
Initially when I had watched the episode, I had thought Dev would save her from this oppressive environment. Today, watching the episode, I fell that to a certain extent, this is true. Geet though a fighter inside was also submissive and accepts her family's decision for her though she does not wholeheartedly agrees to them. Thank God Dev created the situation for Geet to break free and finally find her soulmate in Maan. If not, she would have also married and settled into a mundane life to that of Dolly's or Pammi's.

By the way, I have noticed the use of doves from the very first episodes. Any symbolism there? anyone?

I am not a very articulate writer so my rantings may sound meaningless. But, loved sharing my thoughts with everyone.