OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 10

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
"Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman. Always."- A thousand splendid suns- Khaled Hosseini 

@Ritzy- Your last paragraph reminded me of this quote. 
redfox thumbnail
This is a great idea..Thank you for doing this..

I had seen the first episode for DD because I loved her as muskaan but was quite sceptical about the show as it was a drama with social issues being telecast in star one, a self confessed youth channel..And the first episode did nothing to allay the scepticism...
The violence in the opening scene made me wonder whether I should watch it further but decided to give it a try for few episodes and boy am I glad for that or what..
Even though the first episode wasn't to my taste a few things did stand out right from the start..
The first scene itself portrayed the crux of the story- Honour Killing...that's how the show was different from others..It almost always followed the trend of being crisp and to the point..
Also what struck me was the quality of the scene..the direction acting, direction, cinematography, evertything was top class and this made it even more impactful.

Then comes the introduction of the main character of the show- GEET...
Now that I am watching it again I have to say that I simply loved how they portrayed Geet in the first episode..
Though she is scared of the elders there is this inherent need for independence and justice in her. Inspite of being frowned upon, she goes to college, rides a scooter because she loves to, tries to reason with daarji when he hits her even though she knows reasoning with him wont work..all these small details are pointers that when time will come she will fight for justice..when pushed beyond limits..she'll stop tolerating...

Coming to Dev..when I first saw the episode I dent know that he was supposed to cheat Geet and had actually liked him..but seeing them today makes me cringe. .His car coming towards her caused her to have an accident and made her cousin and her fall. .just like his entry into her life will be the cause of loss of honour on her and family's part..

All in all it was a well directed episode and good casting
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Faria
Thats a very profound quote and a true to the word...
I  loved his kite runner...
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Boogleton.Schiz

@Samana- I watched the show on Life OK with the super long name and it also starts with a chase seq, you can really see the stark difference between the two. That one really didn't invoke any emotion other than the protagonist's acting which was brilliant but the camera work was just poor.

what is this new channell...sorry have been hearing abt it here and there on the forum but don't know what it is.  

I thought new channel was called Star Desh
ritzy09 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Boogleton.Schiz

"Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman. Always."- A thousand splendid suns- Khaled Hosseini 

@Ritzy- Your last paragraph reminded me of this quote. 

That is so true dear...but the fact of life is that not only a man, but mostly a woman's finger also points to another woman...sad but true
anjalireddyy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Ritzy

Moi agree wd u abt Dolly chracter her chracter n replica of Teji wife, Brij - Dolly replica of Teji n Pammy bt in both trcaks they didnt go 4 depth in their story
@Ritzy- They changed the name :s 

@Nirvy- The Kite Runner and ATSS will always remain as one of my favourite books. Probably the one of the very few books that brought a tear to my eyes. 
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Ritzy: I am completely bowled over by the beauty of your post. I am not joking, I read it three times and I still don't think I have had enough! I loved all your observations about characterisation and as I have only skimmed these episodes in the past, I can't say I know much about them. But when you mentioned Dolly, I thought of another similar character which they failed to develop and that was Pammi, Teji's wife, in Amritsar. Although Teji was not as extreme as Brij, possibly because he was raised by a strong matriarch, he had much the same attitude towards how to deal with problems, ie violence!

@Faria: Loved the quote! It's perfect here. And it's comforting to know Life OK has no hope! 😆

@redfox: I am loving hearing all the memories of what people thought when they saw this live. I agree the technical aspect of the show was flawless and that alone may have strung people on until they got to the crux of the story and the introduction of the true, modern hero.
ritzy09 thumbnail
Originally posted by: anjalireddyy84

@ Ritzy

Moi agree wd u abt Dolly chracter her chracter n replica of Teji wife, Brij - Dolly replica of Teji n Pammy bt in both trcaks they didnt go 4 depth in their story

oh yes...so many lost opportunities...

now when i look back, i think Abhinav going was the worst thing that hapenned to GHSP. We lost a negative Dev and opporunity to explore so much which was possible including complex cvharacters like Dolly and Pammi
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Okay so I just caught up with all the analyses and I must say I really enjoyed reading all the different takes and the symbolisms that people have come out with😊

Okay so here goes my take and I'll try to make it short and sweet...

To be honest when I first decided to watch the show I didn't really have much of an idea what the story was about...the only reason I decided to tune in was because of Drashti...I loved her in DMG and was curious as to what sort of role she'll be playing in her new show...and I thought her pairing with Abhinav would really work as they seemed like a good looking 'couple'...I must confess at the time I didn't want her to be paired opposite Gurmeet, because I thought from what I had seen of him earlier he didn't have that oomph factor😆😆...boy was I glad to be proven wrong!!😳😆

When the first scene started I was actually confused as to what was going on, until I saw all the men running after Channi...the actress playing Channi was really good and her fear was palpable...but what really sent shivers down my spine was the merciless way that Brij was looking at her when he advanced towards her like a predator...I think that was when realization dawned on her and she murmured Geet's name under her breath, because she knew? that her best friends brother was going to be her killer...her scream after that of Geet's name seemed more like a warning to me...

Aww wasn't Geet's entry the most adorable part of the episode, she seemed so carefree despite the oppressive way that she's been brought up...she finds pleasure in the most simplest of things and she also gives happiness to receive happiness...both with Rajji and Tito their smiles mean a lot to her, whilst for one she'll do her chores and for the other take him out on a scooter, never mind the cost to herself

The interesting part of the episode was the accident with the chicken truck and Dev's car...I'm sure the symbolism in this scene was deliberate on the part of the creatives, because after all it was Geet's honour and izzat that moulds the crux of the story in the episdoes to come...the dupatta is not returned to Geet as Dev is ultimately the cause of Daarji's wrath in the latter part of the episode as well as the story...
When I first saw this scene I thought Dev will actually be her saviour and take her away from that oppressive lifestyle...

Anyway that was all I could think of to write...I'm not much on analysis and symbolisms and tried my best as I really wanted to be part of the discussions going on from the first episode😳
Edited by -sum- - 12 years ago