Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anisaf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey Samana!! To be honest this is the 1st time i had watched the 1st epi and wot a start!!

Poor Channi us viewers didnt even get to see her face properly.The way they showed her daeth was sooo scary.Cant believe in this day and age things like this still happen.The scenery the lighting was awesome.Made it look v real.

Geets intro is just 2 cute.She actually looks 18 with her chotis and uniform on.You can tell shes afraid of her family as she didnt even stopto say bye to her friends just saying sum1 is waiting for her like she knew she would be in trouble if she came home late.

U can tell shes the bubbly shararti type when she scares Rajji.

V symbolic the way her dupatta ended in Dev's hands and her on the floor covered in mud.Future mein he would treat her like mud on his shoes and take away her izzat.

Sorry I am not v good at this kinda thing but its early days and I willlearn as i go along!!

Nice idea though.Keeps our mind off the abscence of Maaneet for a while.
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Its such a shame that the original concept of the story could not garner any TRPs. It was such a brave concept...👍🏼 These dismal TRPs put the idea in Gul's head that negativity doesn't work but whta she failed to understand is that showing Dev escape his punishment was the height of negativity...🤔
anjalireddyy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Tulip

Not only u in d begenning so many pl requested dnt Turn DEv negative , hehhehe😆 bcz sm Deveet fans there 😆

@ Nirvy

KK il upload each seg frm tom onwards
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Samana
Thanks 😳

Anjali volunteered, to put up the segments...

But no worries if some times we dont get to it, as we want the spirit to continue and not the logistics

anjalireddyy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Anuj

Really moi still wandering abt GUl idea, hw that lady thgt abt Demaon dev has to bcm Saint yuckyyy😡

that idea oly destroyed whole GHSP into downall, Negative Dev makes Geet serial tooo somewhere but THnx to GUL jiii👏 keep it up madam ji
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Tulip: Thanks for the emos! We want all kinds of analysis on the episode! If everyone did symbolism that might get a tad boring, no? So thanks for the pop and colour you brought to the thread!

@Anjali: I thought of making a separate thread everyday but this felt more organised and easy for the time being. We will see how things go and change the format if we need to. There is an index on the first page so it is easy to navigate. But I wanted to try keeping it all in one thread so people could find it easily in their posts and I don't have to PM as often.

Speaking of which, this is a notice for everyone. I am not PMing again until this thread reaches 150 pages and we start a new one. Just look out for the updates around 8-9pm IST. When we start a new thread I will send a PM to everyone with the link. I hope this is ok with everyone?

@Faria: I know right? Words like horrific, sinister and ominous come to mind. You could just feel death coming in that scene and invoking that feeling is some fine artistry!
TRULYOURS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ok guys keep discussing... hope this place creates new memories to cherish forever... 

@ samana: glad u like my idea 😛... will try to update with you as much as possible...
Edited by TRULYOURS - 12 years ago
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

What an analysis Sam…kudos to you.

To me Episode 1, set the tone of the serial GHSP….at least till the original story and character sketch was maintained. It showed how well the original team had visualized and scripted the series. Probably the reason for it's success in golden days.

As you said, we are doing it backwards, so probably it is easier to identify with the symbolism.

Starting scene…I still remember when I first saw it. I had goose bumps thinking initially that it was Geet. The lady acted so well and then the way she says "Veerji".  To me that defined the Handa family.  For them, family Honour was above family relationships including sacred brother-sister relationship.

And then other members of the family. Women conditioned to their men…already upholding the same family honour. I actually loved Tayi's character. It was bang on. A strict elder bahu of the family who is trying to balance the expectations of entire family. They way she asks Rano to take care of Geet was like hitting nail on the head.

I always felt Dolly's character was underdeveloped. They never showed the complexity in a relationship she must have faced married to a man like Brij. Her exuberance over a new suit and fear of her husband were just small glimpses of that complexity.

What surprised me though was meekness of Geet's mom. Later, we saw that Mohinder Handa tries to at least fight for safety of his daughter. But Rano was completely at her family's mercy. "Bas woh Haan Kardein". It still rings in my mind. They did say yes, but see where that led Geet.

Even in episode 1 there were glimpses that though Daarji and Brij had same philosophy, Daarji still had some bare morals behind it whereas Brij was just a psycho who was reigned in by his grandfather.

And then entry of Geet.  Oh dear….it felt like a fresh breeze of air, cutting thorough the suffocation of her family. Her never say die attitude, zeal, love for Punjabi food, love for her sister, her always helping nature….all that was laid out upfront in that introduction. But what touched me was the way she gave into Tito's demand. She was worried but her nature to please her loved ones took better of her fear of her family.

Last but not the least – "Dev". I could have never guessed that he was going to be a villan. Paami and NT had that look but Dev. Dear me, even I fell for his charm. He tries to help her and give her back her dupatta. For few moments he just seemed so smitten by the raw innocence of the village girl. Loads of time, people have commented that he did not know how to act. But I will say this, for me he acted a two faced man perfectly.  I fell for his charm just like Geet. It was so believable and that just heightened the disgust I felt when he wronged Geet in the worst possible way.

Last scene where Daarji punishes Geet even after it was clear that it was Titi's fault. That was heart wrenching but the message was loud and clear – "It is always a woman's mistake. And if by chance it is not, even then , it is always a woman who has to suffer"

And a story was born. Story of a girl who fought that very message.

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@anisaf: To be honest, it was my first time watching this too. 😳 And I am so glad we decided to have this discussion because otherwise I would never have got up the guts to watch moments such as Geet being caught without her dupatta. That made me cringe!

She does look incredibly young and vulnerable here. I think the lack of kajal adds to that effect as well as she looks so simple, pure and wholesome. This will naturally enhance the tragedy when it strikes. 😭

@Swan: Girl, you hit the nail on the head! Forgetting Dev's crime was the most negative the show could possibly get! 😡
@Samana- I watched the show on Life OK with the super long name and it also starts with a chase seq, you can really see the stark difference between the two. That one really didn't invoke any emotion other than the protagonist's acting which was brilliant but the camera work was just poor.