OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 7

Posted: 12 years ago
@USManeetian: I know! It's hard not to like Dev when he is all suave and chivalrous. I finally understand all those old pro-Dev-Geet post in the back of the forum. 😲

Don't throw things at me! 🀣

@Paro: Glad you could be here! I know, I am seeing the time and feeling a strange emptiness. But this thread is sure helping! πŸ˜ƒ

@Paro and Nirvy: It's actually a huge debate in literature as to whether we should analyse the intentions of the authours/makers when we analyse the finished product. I personally choose not to think about whether the CVS intended it or not, but just take it at face value. But some of them, i believe are intentional, like the more literal ones.

Oh I just thought of another one!

Brij's mom compared raising a daughter to grinding masala, that is the perfect ingredients ground into each other for a finished product. i feel like the pounding signifies the oppressive brainwashing that goes on to make girls docile, obedient and "perfect wife material".

thanks for analyzing from the beginning...loved it
really great start didnt notice the symbolization that u have mentioned. great one dear 
Originally posted by bluerose1889

Here's the link to the written update -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1371374

@samana
I think we should add the written update link to the video post.

I just pasted the WU under the video, of course mentioning the person who wrote it originally. I think that is easier than trying to shuttle between two posts. I will add that to the planning post as part of the procedure from now on... 😊
Hi..loved all your analysis..
I too skipped the killing part when i watched it for first time..But this time while i was watching my heart was beating so heavily..Liked the eye contact when Brij was about to kill her...Brij had no regret of doing it..he has his own rules which he applies for every one..
Each and every character was nicely picturised..Women in the house was doing all house chore thing and was not allowed to interact with outside world,and men are the decision maker especially Darjee n Brij.And no one was allowed to speak in between..They also showed the soft side of geet father indicating that though he was made to follows the rule,but he is does not believe in it.It was he who told chunni brother to go in search of her,while chunni bro  is the one among them who killed her.It indicates that they dint mind killing their own blood in the name honour and society..its so insane.Its feels so bad to see it..Geet character was so nicely pictured.her love for her cousins..never to  accept the defeat..

I just realized i hadn't watched this episode completely...😲 Had seen Geet's parts but not the rest. Its great to catch up with these episodes once again. Thanks Samana for taking this initiative...πŸ˜ƒ

The first scene was very chilling. Very brave of the CVs to start a show on this note. It set the tone for the entire premise of the story...Honor killing!!!

Geet's introduction scene was very sweet. I loved how they played the title track on her. She was such an innocent, free spirited girl unaware of the hardships that were awaiting her...😭

Brij and Darjee's characters were established right from the outset. In the 1st episode itself we get an idea how narrow minded and orthodox they were.

Samana...i loved your dupatta symbolism. Dev was the cause of her honor getting tainted and despite his feeble attempts to set things right he never could give Geet back her lost honor. In contrast Maan right from the outset willingly or unwillingly was responsible for protecting her and her honor...😳
Sorry Sam, I can't do an episode take today but from Thursay on words I'll be sure too. Loved yours and Lily's takes, I missed many of the things that you two pointed out. I guess none of the characters in Hoshaipur and true villains, it's all about perspectives, and in theirs what they were doing was right. I guess it's the environment you grow up in too that is an extremely large factor, they've never seen woman have freedom or be equal or higher then men, and in fact until Maan came along even Geet dared not rebel. 
Costumes ,sets ,camerawork,direction ,editing ...everything was just so perfect in these episodes ...CVs started the show with a lots of promise ...wish we could hv seen the same dedication towards the end too

And yup the dupatta symbolism actually started right from the first episode and this is one aspect which CVs kept consistent right till the end ..Dupatta always played a cruicial role in Geet's life and only Maan was given the exclusive rights on Geet's dupatta till the very end of the show πŸ˜›...
Yes, the production values were good in the initial episodes, with the sets and costumes...
And also there were a lot of outdoor shoots, which are costly and hectic... Lot of effort went into making those initial episodes...
i too wish to join in but to my woe my PC's sound box is off...so will wait until the new year to join in...πŸ˜ƒ
@Jyo: To be honest, if I had seen this, I probably would not have watched another episode. Or maybe Dev's entry might have tempted me. 😳🀣 But it's true! He seemed like the only hope to get Geet out of this horrible oppressive life and I would have seen him as something of a potential saviour. However, I would have never expected that the story would show that Geet didn't need a saviour but would become her own, with some help from a (HOT) guardian angel.

But other than that it is depressing...which puts Life OK's shows in a new perspective...πŸ˜•

Sorry, don't mean to kill the mood. πŸ˜†

OMG! I loved your "fall from honour" symbolism. They really showed that expression in a literal way when bumping into Dev caused Geet to fall off her scooty, into the mud (pavitrata anyone?) and lose her dupatta. Awesome observation! πŸ‘

But what were the chickens? 🀣

@Swan: I know the symbolism is quite strong, looking back. I don't think there was one instance when Maan failed to return Geet's dupatta to her, no matter how hostile the accompanying dialogues were! ☺️
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago