Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

OVERDUE ANALYSIS: Thread 2 Link, p150 - Page 6

riya27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
samana...wonderful analysis dear...
but a request from my side is that...please do provide a detailed WU for each epi...so that the non hindi speakers like me can also get the core point without any flawπŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Most show do make sure that their first scene is a happy happy one but this first scene did make an impression i must say and Brij was really scary😈. No wonder everyone has that expression on their face when his name is mentioned. Thismay be totally unrelated but i have seen that door in the film Mausam. Something that struck me as soon as i saw that. Maybe a generic version of a house in punjab.
And my !😲does geet look young or what - that innocence that sweetness was really like a breath of fresh air. And I have to agree with Samana( is it ok if i call u that or would you prefer Sam?). Somehow everyone was doing their duty in the society (am not stereotyping here) of course except for Brij but then people like Brij are a reality in life too. if you see that first scene i felt that Channi's brother had second thoughts and thats why Brij did the deed for him.Not only do such people perperate such atrocities they also unfortunately inspire other people to do so. Scary.
If the dupatta was so important i thought geet should have waited to get it rather than run away but then we would not have seen darji enforcing the rules like he did.
I have to say the initial starcast is good.Eevryone plays their part to perfection and even the little comic relief we had does not look out of place.
I am going to wait till i see the next episode to comment on Dev(though being objective about him is going to be a tough one now that we know of his deeds during our time travel to the future).
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: riya27

samana...wonderful analysis dear...
but a request from my side is that...please do provide a detailed WU for each epi...so that the non hindi speakers like me can also get the core point without any flawπŸ˜ƒ

I have an idea. Would it be ok if we went to the archive and got the WU from there? Because those are pretty detailed and then any additional questions you had we could answer. We would be making such good use of all the forum's resources, like the good members we are. 😳

I will go find the WU now and put it under the episode

@Lily: I loved your take! It was so poetic and beautiful and yet covered all the elements of the episode!

@Sadie: I loved your humour! πŸ˜† Doosri lady is Brij's mum. Some relationships explain themselves. 🀒

@Nirvy: I loved your take! And I completely agree that DD is one of the only actresses I have ever seen who cries convincingly and without making herself look bad. Even an actress of the likes of Kareena does not manage that feat!

@Priya: I have to thank you all for joining me! I would never have done this if there weren't people willing to join me! πŸ˜ƒ I agree, the ambiance was established so well as were the characters.

@Viji: Oh come now! Nobody can really stomach Dev-Geet after we know what happens but I am trying to view this with a fresh perspective and analyse objectively. Of course there is no force, but try it and see. It is not as hard as I thought it would be.

@geetaddict: Samana is fine. What should I call you?
And I agree! They started off with a bang and a shocker! I guess that is another thing that made GHSP different. Usually the female lead starts off loved and pampered and goes to a sasural that is less than ideal and suffers. Here the story starts with oppression and misery signaling that there is nowhere to go but up!
geetaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Samana: you can call me Paro.Thanks again for starting this thread.
@all: loved reading all your takes. I am not good at symbolism and i am in awe of those who can see these nuances in these scenes. I have always wondered if the CVs actually meant it to be like that or is it just the brilliance of viewers like you people.

its 9:30 on a monday and my husband's in control of the remote. I am sure both of us find it wierd after such a long time.
I love this!!! Omg. Can't wait for tomorrow. I actually like Dev lol. Bring back Maneet!!!!
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Paro
I was surprised too, that there are many intelligent people who find these symbolisms and put into writing. I never thought of it that way...
And also I am doubtful that the CVs have done that intentionally... There might be some, but not all we can find and deduce from each episode
bluerose1889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Here's the link to the written update -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1371374

@samana
I think we should add the written update link to the video post.

Edited by bluerose1889 - 12 years ago
-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
this is awesome...amazing job...plzz add me to the pm list...
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Samana brilliant analysis πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Coming to the first episode,I still remember when I saw the first scene of Brij and his men killing that innocent girl Channi, my reaction was what a pathetic start ...its filled with so much negativity ..who is going to watch such a depressing show πŸ˜†...

Even though I was well aware of the fact that the show is based on a social message regarding honour killing and fake NRI marriage but still I thought the serial will b depressing ..

But hving said that I must confess the whole direction and camerawork along with editing of the starting scene was top notch...it was shot at midnight and the lighting was perfect πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘./..Just goes on to prove how much importance was given to all the detailing here πŸ‘πŸ‘

Then the later half of the episode when Geet was introduced doing bhangra and later taking the scooty ride with his little bro ,I found it quite refreshing and DD looked cute with her two chotis πŸ˜†πŸ˜³..

Her family was then introduced which looked quite interesting as different characters had different shades and view points in the family but all were scared of two men in the house ..one is Darji and second is Brij ...I really felt bad when Geet was humiliated in front of all by Darji for returning late to the house after her college 😭 ;But the whole scene indicated for the first time that how this family gives more importance to their honour(izzat) than thier daughter's happiness or dreams ...

The meeting of Dev and Geet was quite interesting as well ..Who could say that he was there to ruin this girl's life 😭..I liked how even thier meeting started with the use of dupatta as he was there to take away Geet's honour and so we saw their first meeting resulted in Geet falling down with her dupatta in Dev's hand ...It was symbolic if we look at the scene now as he came there to rip off Geet's honour and make her fall down in front of entire society

Overall a gripping episode which gives us a clear indication of whats coming in Geet's life and how she will b the next victim after Channi ...But well Channi never had a Maan in her life whichg Geet had 😳
leverne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
will download teh epi and come back with analysis