In the beloved memory of PKYEK.

Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
      SUNO SUNO!!!!!!

Ok before I start with my monotonous bhaashan of "I will miss my PKYEK, I will miss Abhiya, MishKa, beloved (behooda) birdie, Chaandeena, AMetz...🥺, Oh no, I can't believe that PKYEK has ended, I have a deep void inside my heart , I will not look forward to my clock striking 8.30 anymore, I have become a devdaasi in the yaad of PKYEK and blah blah blah🤪",  I just wanna clear one thing...

KISNE KAHA ABHAY KA CHARACTER DHEELA HAI???😡😡

After seeing him with Metz on bed you all assumed that Abhay Raichand is a pohunchi hui cheez. He is a big despo. But the truth is that it was MAITHALI who was a despo and a besharam😍 Agar Abhay despo hota, toh woh Piya ke saath bhi coot-chi-koo karta but he didn't do all that with her despite living alone with her for 3 months. We all are aware about Piya's despogiri, but Maithali proves to be the BIGGEST DESPO of the show because she made Abhay do such a thing in 18th century, that Piya might take janams to make Abhay do 🤣🤣

OK NOW, BAKWAAS KAM, KAAM SHURU😛

I will not write any senti stuff here because I want to remember PKYEK as a good and beautiful memory and not some tragedy. PKYEK was, is and will always be special no matter how many loopholes, bloopers or illogical stuff it had shown. Very less shows catch my fancy and I get attached to very few couples or characters. PKYEK was one such show and Abhiya and Abhay Raichand along with Chaandeena and Maithali were few such people and couples. For me, currently, there is no such serial airing that can ever match up to PKYEK . 

It was speculated in the beginning that the show is a copy of Twilight and people started bashing the show before hand (leaving aside a few). Then after Abhay's entry, people started bashing him for his acting, for his cold behaviour and for his expressionless face. Some did not like the fact that an Ekta Kapoor's show can be completely youth-based with no flying dupattas and falling-catching scenes and  cliched romance 🤪😵

PKYEK was criticized way before it's first promo was aired by many. The story of the show was a DARK LOVE STORY, but even before commencing , the show went through a very dark phase. 

But then Abhiya's intense chemistry, Misha's superb portrayal of a prankster, Kabir's innocence and flirtatious attitude, T's bitchiness and Trangad's jokes, started catching people's fancy and it became a huge hit. Then came Sid, who was also bashed prior his entry because he was gonna play the Indian version of Damon Salvatore, who is one of the most loved characters. But his superb acting and chemistry with Abhay, shut the barking mouths and he is till date the most remembered member of the show.😳 Then came Rithvik, Suyash and Priya Chauhan who gained immense popularity and created a huge fanbase (particularly RD).

The show was unique not only because of it's concept, but also because the step-mom here is not a typical step-mom of saas bahu shows, the ex-lovers (Alinna and Kabir) don't turn negative. The step-sisters love each-other and support each-other like best friends and the villains seek REDEMPTION (consider Danish)👏. The only show with no kitchen politics, or females with make-up, jewellery and sarees heavier than their own weight.😆

Some people only see the RUINED storyline in season2, the butchered characters, the bad effects (mind you, the effects were awesome considering the fact that the show aired 5 days a week and even 6 days for sometime and it lacked bank episodes) and the off-screen activities of the actors when they talk about the show. It is SAD. No show is perfect. If the leads of the other shows are best friends or lovers, then there are other loopholes in the shows like slow pace of the story and unwanted twists and turns. The team is hardly ever appreciated for the commitment and dedication. And let me remind you, PKYEK never used body doubles while shooting the scenes of the actors, as because of their commitment, they never took unwanted holidays. And it's sad that people always blame the lead of the show Vivian for going to visit Golden Temple with his fiance, but they never see that the same man being a Christian, didn't go to meet his mother the previous year on Christmas because of shooting. I know all of you must have read the article. 😃 And I even feel bad for the female lead Sukirti because the media didn't cover her BIRTHDAY😡
Not that I am their pankha, but yeah, I do respect and adore them for portraying my favourite characters flawlessly and perfectly.

I am not saying that the show was always the best, well yes, it lost it's momentum many times, but despite that it managed to entertain us all this while for 14 months and I am seriously going to miss watching it daily. Shows come and go but shows like PKYEK stay forever.

THIS POST IS IN THE BELOVED MEMORY OF PKYEK. 😳

Edited by chakku - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I m speechless.👏
but abhay ka character dheela he hain 😆
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I agree about the bashing of the show ever since the first article came out. Like, wth, at least give it a CHANCE. I hate it when people start assuming what a show or a track will bring with it. I think the reason why I stuck to PKYEK for so long before I got fed up of it was of course, my attachment to the lead couple and also, I wanted to give it as much chances as I could to redeem itself. It's only when things started looking VERY dull and almost every factor worked against the show, that is when I gave up on it. But now that it's ended, I don't care how good or how bad it was. I confess that mostly, I'll be reliving S1 again but even the show as a whole (particularly AbhIya) will always be remembered fondly by me and I'm happy for that. 

About Vivian, well, there is a reason why I was his fan last year and am not any longer. He is not the same man. He has changed a lot. I won't say more but ya, I did feel bad that last year he didn't get to visit his mother. I wish he had. And he can do whatever he likes with anyone now. With Abhay reduced only to my memories now, the actor no longer holds my interest.
Suku, well, media is media. The negligence is sad but as long as SHE had a good time on her birthday, which she did, that's all that matters❤️
Befikre thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Anurag--

I m speechless.👏
but abhay ka character dheela he hain 😆

Ha thanks Anu, character dheela hona toh Abhay ka janmsidhh adhikaar hai 🤣 But woh besharam nahi hai🥺
Befikre thumbnail
Originally posted by: PurpleFairy

I agree about the bashing of the show ever since the first article came out. Like, wth, at least give it a CHANCE. I hate it when people start assuming what a show or a track will bring with it. I think the reason why I stuck to PKYEK for so long before I got fed up of it was of course, my attachment to the lead couple and also, I wanted to give it as much chances as I could to redeem itself. It's only when things started looking VERY dull and almost every factor worked against the show, that is when I gave up on it. But now that it's ended, I don't care how good or how bad it was. I confess that mostly, I'll be reliving S1 again but even the show as a whole (particularly AbhIya) will always be remembered fondly by me and I'm happy for that. 
I know right? The season 1 of the show will always be special and the best one but it saddens me when people still call the show a CRAP just because of season 2. The show is not a crap but definitely season 2 was and I even mentioned that despite having so many loopholes, the show will be remembered for some great couples and characters😳
About Vivian, well, there is a reason why I was his fan last year and am not any longer. He is not the same man. He has changed a lot. I won't say more but ya, I did feel bad that last year he didn't get to visit his mother. I wish he had. And he can do whatever he likes with anyone now. With Abhay reduced only to my memories now, the actor no longer holds my interest.
Suku, well, media is media. The negligence is sad but as long as SHE had a good time on her birthday, which she did, that's all that matters❤️
I quoted his example because I don't think he lost interest from the show. I guess he just wanted some time off with his fiance (lol) because unlike other actors, pkyek actors hardly ever got any time off from shoots. Media has always been biased with Vivah and neglected Sukku and that is a fact.

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Abhay besharam nehi hain issiliye tum dukhi ho😲😆
Besharam baanna muskil he nehi bohot aasaan hain 🤣 and mujhse zyaada ye kon jaan sakta hain🤣

Anyways, i just got sum time to spent with net so thought of checking forum condition😆
Befikre thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Anurag--

Abhay besharam nehi hain issiliye tum dukhi ho😲😆
Besharam baanna muskil he nehi bohot aasaan hain 🤣 and mujhse zyaada ye kon jaan sakta hain🤣

Anyways, i just got sum time to spent with net so thought of checking forum condition😆

Ya, kaash Abhay besharam hota😍 PKYEK kuchh aur hi hota 🤣

Abhay should actually have taken some besharmi classes from you 🤣 Then we might have got chadar ke andar wale scenes 🤣

And having tough time studying, eh?! Best of luck for your exams.
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
For some very weird reason, my like's stopped working😕

-Edited-

Ok, it's working now😆

Originally posted by: chakku

I know right? The season 1 of the show will always be special and the best one but it saddens me when people still call the show a CRAP just because of season 2. The show is not a crap but definitely season 2 was and I even mentioned that despite having so many loopholes, the show will be remembered for some great couples and characters😳

See, people can call it whatever they like. Fact will remain a fact. The show's TRPs dropped somewhere in September for reasons I won't mention since it might hurt certain people which I don't want now that the show has ended, but before that the show was every inch a hit. If 10 people didn't like it then 10000 did whether anyone wants to admit or not and thanks to S1, it will be remembered fondly. So many people already miss AbhIya. I've seen statuses of a lot of people on IF whom I've never seen on the forum saying how much they'll miss AP. So this forum has always given the wrong picture of what the audience wants not only in general but even on IF.

I quoted his example because I don't think he lost interest from the show. I guess he just wanted some time off with his fiance (lol) because unlike other actors, pkyek actors hardly ever got any time off from shoots. Media has always been biased with Vivah and neglected Sukku and that is a fact.

Personally, I feel ViVah got unnecessary coverage and Suku didn't get much coverage considering she was the LEAD. But other than that, I won't say she was completely neglected. IF and SBS didn't cover her much but other sites did. Plus, Suku is media shy and ViVah are forever ready to flaunt their 'oh-so-lovely-love' to the world so I don't think media is much responsible for covering ViVah and not covering Suku. They'll obviously go wherever they find potential news.

Edited by PurpleFairy - 12 years ago
Befikre thumbnail
Originally posted by: PurpleFairy

For some very weird reason, my like's stopped working😕

It's OK. I love your replies, that's enough😆
See, people can call it whatever they like. Fact will remain a fact. The show's TRPs dropped somewhere in September for reasons I won't mention since it might hurt certain people which I don't want now that the show has ended, but before that the show was every inch a hit. If 10 people didn't like it then 10000 did whether anyone wants to admit or not and thanks to S1, it will be remembered fondly. So many people already miss AbhIya. I've seen statuses of a lot of people on IF whom I've never seen on the forum saying how much they'll miss AP. So this forum has always given the wrong picture of what the audience wants not only in general but even on IF.
PKYEK is definitely very famous and even I have seen so many people whom I never saw in the forum with the avis and siggys of AP lol. And no need to mention the track. I was more pissed than you with that track 🤣
Personally, I feel ViVah got unnecessary coverage and Suku didn't get much coverage considering she was the LEAD. But other than that, I won't say she was completely neglected. IF and SBS didn't cover her much but other sites did. Plus, Suku is media shy and ViVah are forever ready to flaunt their 'oh-so-lovely-love' to the world so I don't think media is much responsible for covering ViVah and not covering Suku. They'll obviously go wherever they find potential news.
Yeah, she doesn't like to get so much coverage and hence doesn't show up that often. But being the lead, if other actresses' birthdays are celebrated, then even hers should have been since her show was still airing at that time.

Nabakov_Musings thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
chakku...palaang todh posht! ...i know , in fact to be very  honest...when i saw the second promo of PKYEK... i thought it is going to be a stereotypical Indian serial and a wannabe show..honestly..then one day..i just caught an episode randomly...you know the episode where abhay first enters class and the professor questions him about  INA? and the scene where you feel this uncanny essence inside your heart and body when you see Abhay grab Piya's arm tight as if his hands of lethal destruction were threatening to leave bruises...did they know each other yet? did they ever feel each other's existence before...then what made such an enforcing magnetic , unsaid , unfathomable scale...where it felt like they would be insane with each other..but would rather die if they did not live in each other's insanity..the show was what..3 days old barely , then? but AbhIya made our nerves feel and hold the very dark essence of this continuously destructive , raving compulsion - repulsion which made any viewer receive a lump in their throat...by just one scene of contradicted conscious and sub-conscious emotions flickered... staked , injured and in war against these two protagonists...and you get black , unfathomable tragic magic...and very honestly i never felt that with Edward-Bella..that magnitude..that depth..that essence of uncountable syllables and seas of overflowing poetry being said to each other in just unsaid palls of silence...i never felt it with the Twilight couple in the movie...and then i guess There was no turning back from there...for not just me but millions of viewers who felt the velocity and weight age of their equation...Abhay was bashed cause honestly the Indian viewers had their first Asian vampire invented and weaved  to life..and were not aware of basic characteristics of a vampire entirely except the ones shown in Twilight- a different interpretation of showing a nocturnal beast...they did not realize that Abhay is supposed to be expressionless and void of emotion because he is a vampy..it took time to sink into everyone...this very common logic...and yet critical viewers at least knew that VD is not a bad actor..because even when as a vampy he was not allowed to show emotions and expressions...these two dual components flashed on his voice modulation instead...and the minute this common sense sunk in..Abhay Raichand became the most desired male protagonist in Indian tv after a neck to neck competition with probably Sujal from KTH...and Angad from KYPH...it's a fact...and soon people realized that there is no point escaping the impact of this serial..and AbhIya got their deserved popularity and fandom...and i adore each of the points you made...no saas-bahu , cliches...no archetypal characters..every character was strictly their own person... and this show is a very memorable voyage for a million viewers..there is no denying that whether you are a basher of PKYEK or a fan..and that's exactly what  makes PKYEK win on the whole 👍🏼...oh , and guess what? this show made me a goldie from a newbie  😆..so i guess it is a win-win situation , hmm? 😆
Edited by austenrox - 12 years ago