Frequent Posters

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

P.S: Credit Goes To Sach Ka Saamna FB Page..😊
https://www.facebook.com/sachkasaamna

sanghamitra_27 thumbnail

I benefit from new filmmakers: Rajeev Khandelwal

Comments  Comments [ 0 ]   By India-Forums.com Staff | 22 December 2011 | 12:03pm

New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) Thespians are usually sceptical about working with fresh directors, but talented actor Rajeev Khandelwal has no such hang-ups. He feels he benefits from the debutants' passion for filmmaking.

For his own big screen debut, 'Aamir', Rajeev worked under the direction of first timer Rajkumar Gupta. Even his second film 'Shaitan' was directed by newcomer Bejoy Nambiar, while his last release 'Soundtrack' was helmed by debutant Neerav Ghosh.

'As far as newcomers are concerned, I invest in someone who has the knowledge of filmmaking, someone who has a great script and content to offer,' Rajeev told IANS.

'I have worked with people who had been running around with their scripts for four to five years, wanting to make a film. I work with new directors because I know I will benefit from their passion. I am not vary or nervous about it at all,' he added.

Rajeev is a rare example of an actor who took a leap from the small screen to the big screen and tasted success. But he says his career path has always been unplanned.

'I have never thought about what kind of an image I want to build. I really don't know what kind of films I would do in future; I don't know what I want to do on TV next. My choice of work is never a conscious decision,' he said.

The actor first rose to popularity with Ekta Kapoor's TV show 'Kahin Toh Hoga' in 2003. At the peak of his popularity, he chose to quit the show and move ahead. It was a risk, but he emerged back with a bang as Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat in 'Left Right Left'.

Later, he moved away from TV and went on to try his luck on the 70 mm screen, and his transition proved quite fruitful.

The 36-year-old now wants to do projects which have a human connect.

'I want to do films with human connect, but not really issue-based films. I also wish to direct films which have human connect to it. I can't do projects where my role is not humane and I don't even enjoy watching such films,' Rajeev said.

For now, Rajeev is busy connecting with common people as the host of the second season of controversial reality show 'Sach Ka Saamna'. Initially, the show was about people opening up their dark secrets on national television; for this season, the central theme has been changed to corruption.

The first season of the show found itself embroiled in controversy as the content was deemed to be vulgar, indecent and against good taste thanks to questions on sex and extra-marital affairs. However, Rajeev is quick to defend it.

'When we started the show, we had never thought that it would end up creating controversy. I knew this is a great show and would work well among the audience. I don't know why the controversy happened.

'It's not that the show worked because of the controversies. It was quite popular even before that. I went into a lot of debates and realised that it was nothing but hypocrisy, and trying to shield their own insecurities,' he said.

As far as the ongoing season, launched on new channel Life OK, is concerned, the actor said: 'The intention is not to create a revolution against corruption, or teach or preach. It's just an attempt to make you think about it, and we may start talking about it. After all, change happens when we start to talk about it.'

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
thanku so much for the article..as always Rajeev's answers were too good...& i esp loved this line from the article..'Rajeev is a rare example of an actor who took a leap from the small screen to the big screen and tasted success.' this makes me feel so good & Proud To Be A Rajeevian...😊
Edited by Surya.Ravi - 12 years ago
-Twinkles- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

edit..

oops sorry I didn't know it was already shared ðŸ˜†  found this article for my friend Purni ji aka -Purnima-  ðŸ˜ƒ  so thought to share it here 

excuse me if disturbed ðŸ˜³

Edited by -Twinkles- - 12 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Guys I Have Made A Discussion Topic In The SKS  Forum, Do Check It & Reply...

Discusson Topic - SKS Season 2 Share Your Views!!!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/50819051
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Guys Don't Forget To Post Comments On The Telly Buzz Article, As The Ranking Of The Actor Goes Up..😊
rajeevkiijann thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Surya.Ravi

Night of nostalgia FOR XAVIERITES

DNAHM50530 | 12/22/2011 | Author : Devika Chaturvedi | WC :283

TOXA Nite 2011 to bring back a 20-yrold famous play Neerav Chandni nu Ghuvadby Prof Varis Alvi

College memories never die. They remain with us always-in good and bad times. This is what the members of TOXA (The Old-Xavierites Association) believe. And with a view to rekindle the joy of the days spent at St. Xavier's College, TOXA members are hosting an annual TOXA Nite on December 24 in the college campus.  With an alumni roster boasting of names like Parveen Babi, Mallika Sarabhai and Rajeev Khandelwal,among others, St. Xavier's College, Ahmedabad has remained in the list of city's well-known alma maters. This year they are hosting the third edition of the event, which will be a bigger and better stage for the alumni to perform on.
An alumnus Naved Siddiqui from the '89 batch says, "This year, TOXA Nite will be attended by renowned alumni of the college. It will see 18 alumni perform out of a total of 35 entries received. Xavierites that are performing range from the batch of 1958 to 2010. There are also people who left the college in early 60s coming to the stage."
The four-hour programme is aimed at uniting the alumni with the teachers and students of the current batch. TOXA Nite 2011 will see one of the most famous plays of Prof Varis Alvi, Neerav Chandni nu Ghuvad, coming to the college after 20 years.
Ritam Bhatnagar, an old TOXA member says, "St. Xavier's College has taken an initiative to unite all its alumni, very much like Harvard and Stanford. People who had performed on St. Xavier's stage years ago during their college days and people who never performed but wished to, now have a reason to return. They can sing, dance, act and be a part of this platform."

http://www.dnasyndication.com/dna/article/DNAHM50530

P.S: credit goes to -
http://www.dnasyndication.com/

Hope we can get pictures of Rajeev from the event..😃

right dearrr
rajeevkiijann thumbnail

Life OK -Have U pledged for truth? Join hands to fight against corruption Your chance to take the Sach Ki Shapath!
Sach Ka Saamna - Sach Ki Shapath
www.sachkasamna.in

thanksss dearrr 😊
rajeevkiijann thumbnail

P.S: Credit Goes To Sach Ka Saamna FB Page..😊
https://www.facebook.com/sachkasaamna

coolll pics yarrr 😳😳😳😳😳😳
sanghamitra_27 thumbnail

Sach Ka Saamna 2: Bhrastachaar Ke Khilaaf Sach Ki Awaaz

Thursday, December 22, 2011, 17:27 [IST]

A A A

Kolkata Movie Ticket  www.ticketnew.com
Book Latest Movie Tickets in Your Favourite Movie Hall in Kolkata!

Serial Stills    | Celebs Photos    | Events Gallery    | Movies Pics    | Wallpapers    |Videos   

Don 2 3D Trailer 
Now Playing Don 2 Trailers in 3D. Catch It All on YouTube!
youtube.com/Don2
Sach Ka Saamna is back on the newest Hindi GEC- Life OK and the theme for the second season is -'Bhrastachaar ke khilaaf'. In an unprecedented first by any television channel, Sach Ka Saamna 2, initiated a unique engagement program with the students of Mithibai College, Juhu, in an endeavor which saw students coming forward and taking a pledge to root out corruption via a special signature campaign. 

The show echoes the current resurgent mood of the public and the nation. As the winds of change sweep across the country, most of us are urgently seeking the need for accountability and for a corruption free India. Yet, even as we seek answers, India features as one the world's most corrupt nations on the global corruption index.

Also present on the occasion were Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK; Show host, Rajeev Khandelwal and Singer, Kailash Kher. A street play followed by a live debate and Kailash Kher's soulful rendition of the Brand New Anthem of Sach Ka Saamna were some the key attractions of this unique event.

Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK said: "Each one of us can bring about change and we strongly believe Sach Ka Saamna will take a lead in this change. 'Ab Hogi Sach ki Nayi Shuruat', and the unique signature campaign across the campuses is an honest attempt from our end to engage with the youth of our country and make them aware that they need to lead the change and be the change agents. "

Rajeev Khandelwal, the charismatic host of the show who made a lasting impression on viewers during the first season of Sach Ka Saamna said: "There is a clear indication that there is a burning need among the young and old India alike for accountability at all levels and a corruption free future. Sach Ka Saamna will show our esteemed viewers the unfortunate ground reality of deep rooted corruption in our country." 

The first leg of this initiative took place in Delhi, followed by a road show in Aligarh and finally concluded in Mumbai. At the culmination of this initiative in Mumbai, Sach ka Saamna revealed the number of pledges given by students to root out corruption.

Sach Ka Saamna
 will also have multiple touch points for viewers to participate. 'Sach Ki Call' will allow inspired viewers to call into the show and make their confessions, which will be aired subsequently on the show. There will also be a question of the day, 'Ek Sach' which people from across the country can answer via social media, sms or radio.