Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

~~||Think PINK!||~~ *Check pg 14 & 15* (Page 12)

Leve IF-Stunnerz
Leve
Leve

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
i did 2 lyrics and one lyric was done by someone else.. 
i can't think of the last two songs.. i dnt know how to change them.
its stronger by kanye and friday by black

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arwen11

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
All the debate questions updated! :)

I will be very inactive for the next 2-3 days but will try and come online when I can. All the best Pink Panthers!! :) PM me if anything else needs to get done and I'll see what I can do.

Questions 4 ' Debater's tongue. ' All question must be attempted.

1 -  If you were participating in big boss/big brother ' What exactly will you do to raise TRP for the show and what strategies will you implement in order to win the show?

Advantage: I'd probably nominate Big Boss for eviction. :P

I would have a catchy catch phrase. Something like 'pink panther ko haraana mushkil hi nahi, namumkin hain' ;)

I'd make a confession about my one night stand with Jackie Shroff some 5 years ago and then burst out crying and complain about how much I regret it.

I'd pick a fight with one of the quietest housemates. That would definitely get the public talking.

I'd find myself a sidekick on the show – we'd be just like Munna and Circuit. :P

Lastly, I'd flirt with one of the hot guys in the house, then blame him for coming on to me and that's when I'll pull out the victim card. ;)

Disadvantage: Fact is I'd never go on the show. Or at least not voluntarily any way! I value my privacy way too much to be on a show like Big Boss. The fame and money may seem lucrative at first but I rather not be caged in a house and be instructed what to do by someone I don't know and at the same time have millions of people who do not know you judge your every word and action. Also, I'd be worried that a very nasty side of me would come out because I absolutely cannot stand hypocrites and people who back stab you while all the time smiling when they see you.

Neutral: There are people who have benefitted from reality shows and gotten some sort of recognition and publicity. Some say there is no such thing as bad publicity. However, a person like Jade Goody found fame, fortune and everything else through a reality show however a few years later it was also what caused her to fall flat on her face after the racism scandal. Others like Shilpa Shetty however have benefitted and now lots of people in the West recognise an average Bollywood actress but have no clue who someone like Kareena Kapoor is. It all depends on your personality really – can you deal with the fame when it comes to you or do you end up losing your entire identity?

2 - Do you think having a hot accent makes someone more attractive? Which accent do you find hottest and why?

Advantage: Oh yes! Having a hot accent is definitely a huge plus point. I've always had a thing for the American/Canadian accent. I think it works in their advantage because I know I'd be a lot more likely to listen to a guy with a hot accent rather than someone with an accent that I am accustomed to hearing. I find it quite charming when people speaking with the American accent and I guess I prefer it to the Italian/French/Spanish etc accents because I don't feel the need to ask someone with an American accent what they're trying to say 3 times before I finally understand. (just a few days ago someone asked me if I knew where they could go to buy curtains and I had no idea what he was trying to tell me and eventually I had to ask the poor guy to spell it out to me!) I guess I enjoy people speaking in an accent where the language is so similar but also learning about some of the obvious differences in language.

Disadvantage: No matter how much of a turn on an accent may be, there are a lot of times when things are said that are difficult to interpret correctly. As a journalist recently wrote "there are words that are not easy to understand, perhaps almost impossible to translate in to a contemporary English context. So how are you supposed to judge the weight of a word uttered in a foreign language from a different mindset?" This often causes a lot of misunderstanding and what may be considered offensive in one society may be perfectly normal in another.

Also, as amazing as it is to hear my lecturer speak in a Scottish accent, I simply cannot understand a word of what she is saying and I end up feeling quite frustrated when it comes to revising for exams!

Neutral: Honestly, if you have an accent then at first it can definitely cause some heads to turn or for there to be an instant attraction but the ultimate turn on is the perfect mix of a guy that acts like a true gentleman and who is well-spoken with an extremely hot accent! ;)

3 - Why do you think your team will win? Ie what qualities does your team have, that you have noticed other teams lack?  

Advantage: We have a team who wants to get the job done and doesn't go around complaining about the qualities that we lack but rather focus on the individual talents that we all have and how to bring out the desired result. Our team consists of people from pretty much all over the world all living in different time zones e.g. UK, US, Pakistan and even Australia and naturally this can be a bit of a problem when trying to organise certain events or planning how a task should be completed. However, when there was a clash in timings then the lovely Mrs. Phurana aka Samira stepped up and got the job done in the spamming thread even though it mean she sacrificed her beauty sleep! :P We also have some very creative people in our team, they'd be sure to give the creatives of all these Indian shows a run for their money! ;)

Disadvantage: Some of the other teams seem to have more co-ordination and more planning which probably helps with parts of the game such as the spamming part. Again, due to the different time-zones, it took us a little longer to get things sorted initially although eventually this problem was overcome by members stepping up and leading the team. Also, due to various duties and responsibilities outside the forum, it's been difficult for us to come up with a team leader.

Neutral: All the teams seem to have their own thread where they are discussing who is doing what and the competition seems tough! But this means that everyone is playing against each other and no one team has an unfair advantage over another team. Despite any initial problems, all the teams look like they're giving it their best now and so deciding a winner will probably be a very difficult task!

4 - Why are Ekta's show so popular and what do you think of Indian Soap?

Advantage: If we have a look around the forum then we will realize just how attached a lot of the members on India-forums are to the characters that they see on screen. Some of the actors do such a great job on screen that a lot of the time it's hard for people to remember what's reel and what's real. Many people say Ekta's shows are only popular with your average Indian housewife and that the current younger generation are not interested in such shows but the fact that official FB pages, India-forums and other social networking sites are filled with many young girls (and often guys too) is evidence of the fact that her shows target everyone, not just a certain audience. If we take a closer look at some of the social issues that Ekta brings in to her shows such as adultery, rape, divorce, child marriage, miscarriages, pregnancy before marriage etc then we'd realize that these are indeed problems that affect our society. So Ekta's shows aren't completely far off from reality but one could say they are an exaggerated version that adds a bit of spice to attract the audience. I know a lot of ladies watch the show to get an idea what to wear at the next wedding or party lol. There was a time when you'd go to buy a saree in Mumbai and the sales assistant would say "Madam, Kashish wore this in last week's episode on Thursday" lol.

Disadvantage: The one thing I dislike about Indian soaps is the way everything is so dragged out. The crying scene lasts a good 10 minutes, the characters talk to themselves when no-one is in the room and think out aloud, characters always seem to die, then re-incarnate, then die, then re-incarnate again etc (it was an endless cycle with Mr. Bajaj). Also, every time someone gets slapped, then that slap MUST be shown at least another four times (you know, just in case the audience missed it the first three times). The audience is then informed of the reactions of the fifteen other people in the house and the camera zooms in on everyone's face and pauses for a good 5-10 seconds. I feel like I could watch an episode of a show like Pratigya today, come back after 3 months and feel like nothing has changed and the story has barely moved forward. Did I forget to mention the annoying sound effects too?

Neutral: There is clearly a demand for these shows and the TRP's are evidence of that. If Ekta continues to bring in the hunks such as Gurmeet Choudhary, Rajeev Khandelwal, Karan Singh Grover etc then chances are the popularity will continue to rise for her shows. For some of us, life can be a bit boring and mundane at times so watching these shows where there are always twists and turns can be a nice change and it can help us escape from reality for a short period of time while we go drool over Maan Singh Khurana's muscles or admire the beauty of Geet Handa! :P Sadly, a lot of Ekta's shows seem promising at first and three plastic surgeries, five re-incarnations and six marriages later, people often lose their interest. The youth seem to be searching for new, fresh shows such as MTV Roadies so there is a lot of pressure on Ekta to come up with something different to get the attention of her younger viewers which probably explains why she came up with 'Pyar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani' which didn't do too well and ended up going off screen recently.

5 - To follow your heart, or to follow your mind?

Advantage: I follow the saying 'Mind over matter'. Generally, the mind acts for the benefit of the heart so I would say follow your mind. At least it provides you with logic, reason and evidence. Your heart tends to react out of emotion but following your mind allows you to think and react using common sense. Your heart may be fickle but at least your mind is steady. (well, it is for most people anyway! Lol) Listen to your heart, but allow your mind to make the final decision as it's a lot more logical and objective. Following your mind is probably a lot safer than following your heart and it may not be as fun but it's better than following your heart and taking a risk where a lot of the time the gamble doesn't pay off. The truth is we always put our hand on our heart and say 'all izz well' whereas the mind knows ki 'ghanta all izz well'! lol

Disadvantage: "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world" – Robert Bulwer-Lytton.

There are times when our mind is telling us to be as rational as possible and to properly analyse the situation you are in but there are times when you want to trust your intuition and gut instinct. Some of the happiest people in this world are people who have followed their dreams. Chances are that someone who is giving a lecture on Economics will at least be more passionate about the subject that they are teaching and the profession that they are in despite the pay not being so high in comparison to a man in the corporate world who is doing his job for the sole purpose of making lots of money or an engineer who is only in the profession because he is doing what his family expect him to do. The heart is more than just a vessel of romance and though your mind screams telling you how illogical and irrational a decision you're about to make may seem, ultimately even if the heart is wrong at least it makes you happier as a result of following your heart.

Neutral: At the end of the day, it's practically impossible to separate your emotion and your intellect as they always somehow cross paths. We are given two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, two kidneys, two arms, two legs etc but we are only given one heart and one brain so that these two can work together and provide the best result! Life is all about finding the right mix and being an extremely emotional person or an extremely rational person will rarely provide the desired outcome. What is needed is for you to be able to balance the needs of your heart with the logic of your mind. In reality, finding that balance is a lot harder than it seems and ultimately people will listen to the voice of their ego more than anything else. Whether you choose to follow your heart or your mind, always think twice.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tinkerbe11Leve

Arwen11 IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen11
Arwen11

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Alright .. i'll send in what we do have..

Tink's captions
Sami's story and Sheila
Preet's songs
Diya's debate

Alright?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tinkerbe11Leve

Arwen11 IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen11
Arwen11

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xoxo

UPDATE MOMENT

To do

_ Compile all your answers on this knock out thread, as BEST answers in ONE post.. Sayali if you can do that please, I know you have sent me as pm, but if you can post altogether as one post on thread, so its not lost in PMS for me please.

Questions.

You were all asked, to do one serious and one funny question, now I also mentioned, that your questions must not be mentioned anywhere else on forum, as if you do then, you risk the chance of perhaps earning your bonus marks. A team, didn't send me their question, and because I just such an awesome host, I made their questions for them and told them to keep it as their (the LOL, moment).

The funny and serious questions, I have the entire list here, and divided them into funny and serious, respectively ' Now, here is the catch. You have to mark the questions and do not mark your own questions ' There should be five questions in each section (one from team), you have a list of 7 in each instead. You mark only five *excluding your own questions*, Thus here all of you are giving your enemies, BONUS POINTS. Now, here is how you play this ' no offense to any colours here, but for now, we have that green is behind the score board, where as Red and Blue at the moment  TIE, try to identify the question that you think greens may have asked, or the questions I have asked. If you place my questions on number 1 position, then you are safe, as you can't award me with bonus marks, thus you are not giving your opponent team, the highest mark. Pls do make sense of what I am saying :(. I am off to sleep now

You're marking as follow,

Position one ' 25 marks

Position two ' 20 marks

Position three ' 15 marks

Position four ' 10 marks

Position Five ' 5 marks

Serious

1 --  How do we differentiate between lust, infatuation and love?

2 --- If you become a po*n star, what ALIAS would you choose as your onscreen name (name for profession)?

3 --- "Why does the World crave Peace and Positivity always everywhere, when it knows full well that without Darkness, there's no sense of Light?"

4 - The Hindi film industry has always been dominated by Male lyricists when it comes to song words. Female lyricists are very rare to find. Does this matter to you, if a man writes a woman's song or vice versa? Do you think women have been represented enough in terms of songs that truly express the female POV? Have you ever found yourself listening to song, liking it, and wishing it had a male/female version to it so that you could relate to it more closely? or simply sing it publicly without being teased? 

5 ' Schizophrenia, is one of the most fascinating disease, does it fascinate you and why

6  - Why is marriage important

7 ' Against or for abortion

Funny

1 -- is it possible for someone to become addicted to therapy? and if they are addicted, then how would you treat them?

2 --- What will be your reaction had you suddenly realised that you had a roach in your underwear running around... while you were sitting for a very serious interview (perhaps an admission interview in Harvard)?

3 --- "What do you think Rajnikanth/Chuck Norris (pick ANY ONE) would want for his Xmas gift? Give reasons.

4 --- After two months of dating/liking/hanging out with a person, you find out that he/she is a vampire (the Angel/Twilight kind with good souls, not the-I-will-eat-you-for-dinner kind), what would your reaction be? Would you end the relationship? Would you want to leave behind humankind and join the immortals? Would you have endless debates over the phone about Team Edward and werewolf brutality?  or would you simply turn slayer and cleanse the world of the disgusting leeches? If you were stranded on an lonely Island, would you rather be with Edward Cullen, Angel (from Buffy), Dracula (the original Tansylvanian) or Colin Farrel from Fright Night and why?

5 ' Why Salman sucks

6 ' what will you do if someone asked you on a date and told you to pay and you had no money

7  - Why is DM all about love and sex.

End off, and end of knock out also ' compile your answers here. -

Ps do not mention what your question is, but you are more then free to discuss on KO thread

Xoxo

I dont even know which one is our question LOL Still waiting for the PM Tongue 

Leve

Arwen11 IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen11
Arwen11

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Make it, take it, drink it, 'cos makes us
Taller, Smarter, faster, stronger

(Drinkin' it daily, makes you better)

N-n-now that that I drink it
(Horlicks daily, makes us stronger)
N-n-now only I'll be taller
(More than Complan Boys)
I need to hurry up now
(My homework is never over)
Cause I can't wait much longer

To be 

Still working on Friday .. Will do that and than send ALL the answers to Shad LOL

Leve

Arwen11 IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen11
Arwen11

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged

Nooo… Na aa Na Na

Oooh ooh No No

7 am, don't wanna get up in the morning

Wanna sleep some more, wanna stay in ma bed

Gotta stay In ma bed, gotta stay warm

Tickin' on and on, time is rushin'

Gotta get up,

Gotta go to college, Its my exam (an exam)

Its Monday, Monday

Gotta get up on Monday

Everybody is scared of this day

Monday Monday

Gotta get up on Monday

Especially if its an exam day

Prayin' Prayin' (Please God)

Prayin' Prayin' (I'll do ANYHING)

I'm dead, dead, dead

Scared of this exam day

Leve

Arwen11 IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen11
Arwen11

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Ok - Team Pink - Final Answers of Questions, 2,3 and 4 (fingers crossed - considering how bad two of the lyrics are LOL)

Question 2 Part 1

Option 2 - Men marry women with the hope that they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.

~ Clipped Wings ~

A drop of water cascades upon my flowerless grave.

A tear slips down my cheeks as I watch you place the flowers upon my tombstone.

Spare me a moment, to embrace you in my cold arms.

You don't weep for me, as I have eternally weeped for you.

You never loved me, as irrevocably that I have loved you.

My obsession knows no bounds as I grasp the edges of sanity.

Leaving me hopeless, in the midst of insanity.

A simple goodbye was all that was said. No tears from you had been shed.

A tear slips down my sunken cheeks as I watch you walk away, leaving me in this cold pitch. Forever to stay.

My eyes close once again in cowardice defeat.

If only I had been brave

I would have silently confessed that

You were the flower of my grave.

He bought me flowers today.

My lids drifted shut in unconcealed pleasure as I slowly inhaled the sweet musky scent of the freshly picked flowers. A ghost of a smile somewhat appeared at the corner of my cracked lips, an expression that had become devoid of meaning, almost alienating for the past several years. My trembling fingers traced the outline of my smiling mouth, marveling at the fact that I could still recall how it felt to smile once upon a time. I gripped the flower tightly in my grasp, afraid that this small token of happiness would disappear the moment I allowed myself to blink back into reality. With a gasp, I felt the thorn pricking into my skin, oozing the blood out of my already bruised finger. I hastily flung the flower onto the ground, whilst the tears began to slip mercilessly down my pale sunken cheeks. My life had become a thorn, consistently and continuously urging blood to flow down my brokenly scarred persona. Never satisfied with the outcome, the devil would forever continue to pierce my skin with sharper thorns, forever anticipating my downfall. 

'Tahquil!' I heard my name being called out from downstairs. A shiver ran down my spine as I stiffened upon hearing the devils voice, impatiently demanding for my appearance. Shifting my attention back towards my reflection, I smoothed a hand down my rich brunette hair, easing the tendrils into place. I reached out for the powder and applied it gently over the black swelling shadows penetrating my right cheekbone. Satisfied with the concealing effect, I was about to walk towards the doorway when suddenly the door crashed open. My heart lodged into my throat and constricted in absolute fear. There stood my husband, face darkened with violent rage. To the outer world, all that could be seen from a distant perspective was his overwhelming beauty. The 6 foot 3 inches height, the muscular body, the green almond eyes fringed with long black lashes, the straight proud nose, the full lips, gleaming straight white teeth, flashing dimples on his right cheek and his impeccable charming nature. Years ago, that was the very same thing that had captured her attention and her heart. But today all that could be seen from a closer examination was the cruel glint in his devilish eyes, the evil smirk that never reached his eyes, the arrogant nature and the violent and abusively strong body.

'Need I repeat myself twice!' he hissed in outrage as he strode towards me, his fingers closing into a tight fist. I opened my mouth to explain but was cut short the moment he swung his arms and punched me in the face. I felt my body topple over onto the ground, the blood pouring from my nostrils. I felt myself slipping into darkness until he knelt down and gripped my hair, yanking my head painfully towards his face. I opened my tear glistened eyes and stared at his face, hating him with every fiber of my being. 'Look what you've made me do' he whispered in a show of regret, retrieving a handkerchief from his breast pocket and wiping my nose clean. 'Why must you insist in making me angry Tahquil? You know I cannot control my anger' he explained to me for the hundredth time. With a display of sincere gentleness, he picked my fragile body into his arms and walked towards my makeup table. Placing me onto the chair before the mirror, he brushed my hair back and lovingly caressed my bruised cheeks. 'Your so beautiful' he whispered to me whilst looking through the reflection, 'fit to be the celebrities lucky wife' he teased with a dimpled smile. He fingered my clothes and frowned, 'what's this nunnery type of clothing?' he asked in disgust, 'what happened to all of the dresses I've bought you from Paris?' I could have reminded him that the last time I had worn his dresses, he had beaten and almost killed a poor man for eying me in appreciation. His jealous and over possessive spite had turned towards me, as he had beaten me to an unrecognizable degree, accusing me of purposely trying to capture other people's attention.

I refused to even meet his eyes as I heard him walk towards my wardrobe, flicking through my clothing. 'This is nice' he mused to himself as he dangled the dress before me. Like a rag doll, he dressed me in the revealing lacy black dress and re-applied my makeup to better disguise the newly developed bruises. 'Your too beautiful' he whispered into my ear as we walked down the grand staircase. 'And your all mine' he continued with a painful squeeze to my waist. I plastered a frozen smile upon my lips as I welcomed the guests with fake enthusiasm. The camera flashed on my face as reporters questioned the bruise on my face. The devil responded for me, calmly informing them that his clumsy wife had undergone a serious fall down the staircase. Guests nodded their head in sympathy, whilst the women openly admired and flirted with my husband.

Once upon a time, I used to darken in jealousy as I had watched countless women flirt and playfully touch my husband. Mikael would respond with a charming grace, flirting back outrageously and welcoming their touches. Every act of unfaithfulness would be gifted with a flower, as he begged for my forgiveness and hoped to win back my affections with various types of flowers. He was blatantly aware of my love for flowers, and so he used my weakness to his advantage. Every time I was gifted with a rose, I would forgive him in hopes that my love would change him one day. But day after day, flower after flower, he continued to remain the same unchangeable devil that he was today.

'A rose for a rose' a man stated from behind. I whirled around and found myself facing an old friend. He smiled in greeting and nodded his head towards the offered rose. 'Take it as a gift on my behalf' he commented with a friendly grin. Blood rushed to my face as I hesitantly cast a look over my shoulder and watched Mikael staring intently towards our direction. 'I-I have to go' I whispered, twirling around in hopes to escape an ugly scene. 'Tahquil' he called out in a worried tone, placing a hand on my shoulder to prevent my escape. My breath was now coming out in frightened gasps as my husbands face twisted in anger. His eyes lingered on the mans hand upon my shoulder, possibly thinking of ways that he would try torturing the limb for daring to touch what he thought was rightfully his. I shrugged his hands off and walked right towards my husband. Mikael placed his hand possessively over my waist 'are you tired sweet heart?' he asked. I nodded my head in fear, afraid to add fuel onto his burning rage. 'Go upstairs' he whispered into my ear, 'and burn that dress' he continued with a menacing tone.

I ran up the staircase and slammed the door shut once I entered my room. Seconds later I heard the audience shout as the sound of glass being broken echoed through the hallway. He was going to kill me , I thought to myself as I stood in the middle of my room, chest heaving with panic. Several minutes went passed as I overlooked the front yard through my window, watching all the guests leave in their cars. Which places could I run that he has never ran after me before? Which homes could I hide in where he hasn't already found me in before? 'Tahquil!' I heard his drunken roar come closer towards my room, his footsteps were like daggers to my pounding heart. I clutched the window panel and in a moment of pure panic, I tried to open the window. After unlatching the lock, I swung the window open and looked down. If I jumped in an attempt to escape, I would eventually be jumping to my death for there was no way I could possibly survive such a fall. Taking a desperate chance, I swung my legs over the window when my endeavor to escape from his violent hands was interrupted from his dominating presence.

With a roar he pulled me back into the room and blackened my face with his fists. I tried to fight back, kicking and scratching but to no avail. His body was made out of steel and his strength was unbelievable. I couldn't see due to my swollen eyes, but I could feel the blood flowing from every angle of my body. I stopped concealing my face and weakly attempted to protect my stomach from his punishing hands. I finally cried out as I felt him kicking my stomach, 'no please' I begged him. 'Your only mine' he grated out with each kick, 'and I'll be damned if my wife chooses another over me'. He stopped kicking and consequently wrapped his hands around my throat, choking the life out of me. 'Hear this my lovely Tahquil, hands will be broken if they dare to touch you. Eyes will be blinded if they dare to look at what's mine. Throats will be torn apart if flirtatious words are to be spoken to you and life will be ended if they so dare try to snatch your affections from me'.

My eyes rolled back and I openly embraced death as opposed to living through this hell every day. I could not help nor prevent the remorseful tears from slipping down my cheeks as I felt the life drain out of my body, resting in a pool of blood in between my thighs. 'My baby' I choked in regret before the darkness swamped over me.

I continued to stare at it, the hateful reminder of my existence stared back. This time it was red roses. I laid motionless, dazed and numb with the loss of my first child. I no longer felt any emotions as my husband rained kisses over my face, crying and begging for my forgiveness. For the umpteenth time, he told me that he would change his habits. He promised to change over and over again and pleaded for me to not hate him. I looked at his face and for once felt no fear, no love and no sympathy. I had once foolishly believed that I could truly alter him. But now I realized that the only reason why he had married me was because he was aware of his dominance and control over me. He knew of my love for him and he twisted and manipulated my feelings for his own pleasure.

Flower after flower, he tried to convince me of his love for me. Day after day, he cried at my bedside as I continued to stare at him in silence. At night he would possessively embrace my body as I stayed awake for hours, lying hopelessly in bed, trapped in his arms. He would never let me go, my mind screamed out to me. Trapped for eternity.

For once in my life I fought to hold onto this moment as I captured his anguish and torture with gleaming eyes. I felt his hand shake my shoulders, screaming my name in worriment. He frantically removed the blanket from my body and grasped my slitted wrists into his hands. I made sure this day would be perfect to extract my revenge. For I had purposely held onto a single red rose whilst the blood from my wrist began to drip onto the petals. With my dying strength, I raised my hand and silently offered the flower to him as a gift. He stared at it in silence, his face paling with every drip of my blood. 'I bought you flowers today, to thank you for gifting me with bruises everyday, for making my life a living nightmare and for killing our first child'. I pray that this gifted flower torments your life just like it did to mine.' With that uttered, I finally allowed my eyes to slip shut as a smile began to play upon my lips. To the world and from a distance, my death would be perceived as a loss, an act of weakness in trying to escape. But from a closer examination, they would know that the triumph was mine. I had finally won this war. I had escaped from this incarceration. I had finally found my clipped wings and flown away to my freedom.

I was no longer an incarcerated wing but a blooming butterfly - finally flying to her freedom.

Question 2 part 2 CAPTIONS

Picture 1 -

"The smallest steps can fit the biggest shoes; if we walk together let not our destination matter, but only the journey that lies ahead, as it will be incomplete without you."

Picture 2 -

"Arrogance is all we have to offer, present it to the world diguised behind talent, and let it offer you something in return."

Picture 3 -

"The bond of unity is the most powerful, stand alone and show me otherwise."

Picture 4 -

"Only when hearts form, does new life bloom into something beautiful."

Question 3 Song Lyrics

Okay responding to Question 3 - Born Lyracists. I chose Sheila Ki Jawani and please acknowledge the fact that Hindi is not my mother tongue so if I made any spelling or pronunciation mistakes then OVERLOOK IT and do the shimey with me!Wink (SAMI)

I know you want him, but your never gonna get him

Teri Haath Kabhi na aani

Maane na maane koi forum

yeh saari Johnny Lever ke hai dewaani!

Hey you!

I know you want him, but your never gonna get him

So koshish bhi maat karna oh dewaani

Maane na maane koi forum

Yeh Saari is super model ke hai dewaani

Kabhie hormones karta hai

Haule haule se

iss Johnny Lever ko galeh lagao

Kisi aur Yash Chopra zaroorat kya

mein toh Johnny Lever se sirf pyar jatao

Whats my name? Whats my name? Whats my name?

My name is Samira, Johnny Lever ki dewaani

His too sexy for you, voh teri haath kabhi na aani!

Chammak Challo

Kaisa sharmana aaja ro ke dikha de 
Aa hoja door chal parda gira de 
Aa teri akhiyon se ansu gira de
Aa tu na laage aa 
Wanna be my car sweeper

Tu meri car sweeper 
Teri picture ka main zero
Please girl mujhko baksh do 
Ho hoo hooo
You can be my car sweeper 

Kolaveri Di

snoop song--- 

hit song

why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di ------ 

why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
rhythm  difect  ----- 

distance la  close-u close-u ------ 

moon-u color-u  black-u ----- 

black-u background  knight-u knight-u------ 

knight-u  color-u  lack-u  ------, 

ok maama now  sooon  change-u ------

Stronger

Make it, take it, drink it, 'cos makes us

(Drinkin' it daily, makes you better)

N-n-now that that I drink it
(Horlicks daily, makes us stronger)
N-n-now only I'll be taller
(More than Complan Boys)
I need to hurry up now
(My homework is never over)
Cause I can't wait much longer

To be 

Friday

Nooo Na aa Na Na

Oooh ooh No No

7 am, don't wanna get up in the morning

Wanna sleep some more, wanna stay in ma bed

Gotta stay In ma bed, gotta stay warm

Tickin' on and on, time is rushin'

Gotta get up,

Gotta go to college, Its my exam (an exam)

Its Monday, Monday

Gotta get up on Monday

Everybody is scared of this day

Monday Monday

Gotta get up on Monday

Especially if its an exam day

Prayin' Prayin' (Please God)

Prayin' Prayin' (I'll do ANYHING)

I'm dead, dead, dead

Scared of this exam day

Question 4 - Debate

1 -  If you were participating in big boss/big brother ' What exactly will you do to raise TRP for the show and what strategies will you implement in order to win the show?

Advantage: I'd probably nominate Big Boss for eviction. :P

I would have a catchy catch phrase. Something like 'pink panther ko haraana mushkil hi nahi, namumkin hain' ;)

I'd make a confession about my one night stand with Jackie Shroff some 5 years ago and then burst out crying and complain about how much I regret it.

I'd pick a fight with one of the quietest housemates. That would definitely get the public talking.

I'd find myself a sidekick on the show ' we'd be just like Munna and Circuit. :P

Lastly, I'd flirt with one of the hot guys in the house, then blame him for coming on to me and that's when I'll pull out the victim card. ;)

Disadvantage: Fact is I'd never go on the show. Or at least not voluntarily any way! I value my privacy way too much to be on a show like Big Boss. The fame and money may seem lucrative at first but I rather not be caged in a house and be instructed what to do by someone I don't know and at the same time have millions of people who do not know you judge your every word and action. Also, I'd be worried that a very nasty side of me would come out because I absolutely cannot stand hypocrites and people who back stab you while all the time smiling when they see you.

Neutral: There are people who have benefitted from reality shows and gotten some sort of recognition and publicity. Some say there is no such thing as bad publicity. However, a person like Jade Goody found fame, fortune and everything else through a reality show however a few years later it was also what caused her to fall flat on her face after the racism scandal. Others like Shilpa Shetty however have benefitted and now lots of people in the West recognise an average Bollywood actress but have no clue who someone like Kareena Kapoor is. It all depends on your personality really ' can you deal with the fame when it comes to you or do you end up losing your entire identity?

2 - Do you think having a hot accent makes someone more attractive? Which accent do you find hottest and why?

Advantage: Oh yes! Having a hot accent is definitely a huge plus point. I've always had a thing for the American/Canadian accent. I think it works in their advantage because I know I'd be a lot more likely to listen to a guy with a hot accent rather than someone with an accent that I am accustomed to hearing. I find it quite charming when people speaking with the American accent and I guess I prefer it to the Italian/French/Spanish etc accents because I don't feel the need to ask someone with an American accent what they're trying to say 3 times before I finally understand. (just a few days ago someone asked me if I knew where they could go to buy curtains and I had no idea what he was trying to tell me and eventually I had to ask the poor guy to spell it out to me!) I guess I enjoy people speaking in an accent where the language is so similar but also learning about some of the obvious differences in language.

Disadvantage: No matter how much of a turn on an accent may be, there are a lot of times when things are said that are difficult to interpret correctly. As a journalist recently wrote "there are words that are not easy to understand, perhaps almost impossible to translate in to a contemporary English context. So how are you supposed to judge the weight of a word uttered in a foreign language from a different mindset?" This often causes a lot of misunderstanding and what may be considered offensive in one society may be perfectly normal in another.

Also, as amazing as it is to hear my lecturer speak in a Scottish accent, I simply cannot understand a word of what she is saying and I end up feeling quite frustrated when it comes to revising for exams!

Neutral: Honestly, if you have an accent then at first it can definitely cause some heads to turn or for there to be an instant attraction but the ultimate turn on is the perfect mix of a guy that acts like a true gentleman and who is well-spoken with an extremely hot accent! ;)

3 - Why do you think your team will win? Ie what qualities does your team have, that you have noticed other teams lack?  

Advantage: We have a team who wants to get the job done and doesn't go around complaining about the qualities that we lack but rather focus on the individual talents that we all have and how to bring out the desired result. Our team consists of people from pretty much all over the world all living in different time zones e.g. UK, US, Pakistan and even Australia and naturally this can be a bit of a problem when trying to organise certain events or planning how a task should be completed. However, when there was a clash in timings then the lovely Mrs. Phurana aka Samira stepped up and got the job done in the spamming thread even though it mean she sacrificed her beauty sleep! :P We also have some very creative people in our team, they'd be sure to give the creatives of all these Indian shows a run for their money! ;)

Disadvantage: Some of the other teams seem to have more co-ordination and more planning which probably helps with parts of the game such as the spamming part. Again, due to the different time-zones, it took us a little longer to get things sorted initially although eventually this problem was overcome by members stepping up and leading the team. Also, due to various duties and responsibilities outside the forum, it's been difficult for us to come up with a team leader.

Neutral: All the teams seem to have their own thread where they are discussing who is doing what and the competition seems tough! But this means that everyone is playing against each other and no one team has an unfair advantage over another team. Despite any initial problems, all the teams look like they're giving it their best now and so deciding a winner will probably be a very difficult task!

4 - Why are Ekta's show so popular and what do you think of Indian Soap?

Advantage: If we have a look around the forum then we will realize just how attached a lot of the members on India-forums are to the characters that they see on screen. Some of the actors do such a great job on screen that a lot of the time it's hard for people to remember what's reel and what's real. Many people say Ekta's shows are only popular with your average Indian housewife and that the current younger generation are not interested in such shows but the fact that official FB pages, India-forums and other social networking sites are filled with many young girls (and often guys too) is evidence of the fact that her shows target everyone, not just a certain audience. If we take a closer look at some of the social issues that Ekta brings in to her shows such as adultery, rape, divorce, child marriage, miscarriages, pregnancy before marriage etc then we'd realize that these are indeed problems that affect our society. So Ekta's shows aren't completely far off from reality but one could say they are an exaggerated version that adds a bit of spice to attract the audience. I know a lot of ladies watch the show to get an idea what to wear at the next wedding or party lol. There was a time when you'd go to buy a saree in Mumbai and the sales assistant would say "Madam, Kashish wore this in last week's episode on Thursday" lol.

Disadvantage: The one thing I dislike about Indian soaps is the way everything is so dragged out. The crying scene lasts a good 10 minutes, the characters talk to themselves when no-one is in the room and think out aloud, characters always seem to die, then re-incarnate, then die, then re-incarnate again etc (it was an endless cycle with Mr. Bajaj). Also, every time someone gets slapped, then that slap MUST be shown at least another four times (you know, just in case the audience missed it the first three times). The audience is then informed of the reactions of the fifteen other people in the house and the camera zooms in on everyone's face and pauses for a good 5-10 seconds. I feel like I could watch an episode of a show like Pratigya today, come back after 3 months and feel like nothing has changed and the story has barely moved forward. Did I forget to mention the annoying sound effects too?

Neutral: There is clearly a demand for these shows and the TRP's are evidence of that. If Ekta continues to bring in the hunks such as Gurmeet Choudhary, Rajeev Khandelwal, Karan Singh Grover etc then chances are the popularity will continue to rise for her shows. For some of us, life can be a bit boring and mundane at times so watching these shows where there are always twists and turns can be a nice change and it can help us escape from reality for a short period of time while we go drool over Maan Singh Khurana's muscles or admire the beauty of Geet Handa! :P Sadly, a lot of Ekta's shows seem promising at first and three plastic surgeries, five re-incarnations and six marriages later, people often lose their interest. The youth seem to be searching for new, fresh shows such as MTV Roadies so there is a lot of pressure on Ekta to come up with something different to get the attention of her younger viewers which probably explains why she came up with 'Pyar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani' which didn't do too well and ended up going off screen recently.

5 - To follow your heart, or to follow your mind?

Advantage: I follow the saying 'Mind over matter'. Generally, the mind acts for the benefit of the heart so I would say follow your mind. At least it provides you with logic, reason and evidence. Your heart tends to react out of emotion but following your mind allows you to think and react using common sense. Your heart may be fickle but at least your mind is steady. (well, it is for most people anyway! Lol) Listen to your heart, but allow your mind to make the final decision as it's a lot more logical and objective. Following your mind is probably a lot safer than following your heart and it may not be as fun but it's better than following your heart and taking a risk where a lot of the time the gamble doesn't pay off. The truth is we always put our hand on our heart and say 'all izz well' whereas the mind knows ki 'ghanta all izz well'! lol

Disadvantage: "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world" ' Robert Bulwer-Lytton.

There are times when our mind is telling us to be as rational as possible and to properly analyse the situation you are in but there are times when you want to trust your intuition and gut instinct. Some of the happiest people in this world are people who have followed their dreams. Chances are that someone who is giving a lecture on Economics will at least be more passionate about the subject that they are teaching and the profession that they are in despite the pay not being so high in comparison to a man in the corporate world who is doing his job for the sole purpose of making lots of money or an engineer who is only in the profession because he is doing what his family expect him to do. The heart is more than just a vessel of romance and though your mind screams telling you how illogical and irrational a decision you're about to make may seem, ultimately even if the heart is wrong at least it makes you happier as a result of following your heart.

Neutral: At the end of the day, it's practically impossible to separate your emotion and your intellect as they always somehow cross paths. We are given two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, two kidneys, two arms, two legs etc but we are only given one heart and one brain so that these two can work together and provide the best result! Life is all about finding the right mix and being an extremely emotional person or an extremely rational person will rarely provide the desired outcome. What is needed is for you to be able to balance the needs of your heart with the logic of your mind. In reality, finding that balance is a lot harder than it seems and ultimately people will listen to the voice of their ego more than anything else. Whether you choose to follow your heart or your mind, always think twice.

Edited by Arwen. - 23 December 2011 at 12:33pm

Leve

Arwen11 IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen11
Arwen11

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
GOD .. editing is such a problem on Chrome Dead 

@Shad - i hope this is legible LOL?

Edited by Arwen. - 23 December 2011 at 12:34pm

Leve