Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

~~||Think PINK!||~~ *Check pg 14 & 15* (Page 10)

FingerFetish IF-Rockerz
FingerFetish
FingerFetish

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
I will just have you all know that it is 3:30am and I am still awake SPAMMING the Knock out thread. I hope you all remember this sleep sacrifice I did for you all!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tinkerbe11

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _SiinnceMaan_

I will just have you all know that it is 3:30am and I am still awake SPAMMING the Knock out thread. I hope you all remember this sleep sacrifice I did for you all!

Sami I LOVE YOU!!! Seriously yaar thank youu sooo much!!! 

I henceforth nominate you for the most helpful member award because you have seriously been amazing and brilliant!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tinkerbe11hindu4lyfFingerFetish

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Wow - 180 pages? that was alot of spamming ... I think souro will close tht thread LOL

And for the record Sami, i feel like shit for making you do that alone... I should have been online Ouch

tinkerbe11hindu4lyfFingerFetish

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
HUGEE thank you to Sammy for sacrificing her precious sleep to spam for us!Hug

Ok guys so we still need two questions right? I think we all got Tinkerbell's PM so how does this sound?

Is it possible for someone to become addicted to therapy? and if they are addicted, then how would you treat them?

For the serious question - How do we differentiate between lust, infatuation and love?

Here's hoping I'm not completely off-topic with the debate question thing! :\

Edited by hindu4lyf - 20 December 2011 at 1:43pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FingerFetish

FingerFetish IF-Rockerz
FingerFetish
FingerFetish

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
Aw no it's okay Zaaainab! At least we got 15 points so I guess it was pretty much worth it. The spamming thing was hilarious though. I got so desperate that I resorted to singing Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi! ROFL

Diiia! I like the questions
Hug

tinkerbe11hindu4lyfArwen.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Please don't kill me guys! I'm posting questions 3, 4 and 5 for now. Question 1 and 2 are half done but if I complete them at this time then number one they will be crap (like crapper than the rest lol) and number two, I won't wake up in time for work. So have a quick read and let me know what you think or if anything needs editing! Thank you guys for putting up with me! :$ About time I showed a bit of my contribution so here goes..

3 - Why do you think your team will win? Ie what qualities does your team have, that you have noticed other teams lack?  

Advantage: We have a team who wants to get the job done and doesn't go around complaining about the qualities that we lack but rather focus on the individual talents that we all have and how to bring out the desired result. Our team consists of people from pretty much all over the world all living in different time zones e.g. UK, US, Pakistan and even Australia and naturally this can be a bit of a problem when trying to organise certain events or planning how a task should be completed. However, when there was a clash in timings then the lovely Mrs. Phurana aka Samira stepped up and got the job done in the spamming thread even though it mean she sacrificed her beauty sleep! :P We also have some very creative people in our team, they'd be sure to give the creatives of all these Indian shows a run for their money! ;)

Disadvantage: Some of the other teams seem to have more co-ordination and more planning which probably helps with parts of the game such as the spamming part. Again, due to the different time-zones, it took us a little longer to get things sorted initially although eventually this problem was overcome by members stepping up and leading the team. Also, due to various duties and responsibilities outside the forum, it's been difficult for us to come up with a team leader.

Neutral: All the teams seem to have their own thread where they are discussing who is doing what and the competition seems tough! But this means that everyone is playing against each other and no one team has an unfair advantage over another team. Despite any initial problems, all the teams look like they're giving it their best now and so deciding a winner will probably be a very difficult task!

4 - Why are Ekta's show so popular and what do you think of Indian Soap?

Advantage: If we have a look around the forum then we will realize just how attached a lot of the members on India-forums are to the characters that they see on screen. Some of the actors do such a great job on screen that a lot of the time it's hard for people to remember what's reel and what's real. Many people say Ekta's shows are only popular with your average Indian housewife and that the current younger generation are not interested in such shows but the fact that official FB pages, India-forums and other social networking sites are filled with many young girls (and often guys too) is evidence of the fact that her shows target everyone, not just a certain audience. If we take a closer look at some of the social issues that Ekta brings in to her shows such as adultery, rape, divorce, child marriage, miscarriages, pregnancy before marriage etc then we'd realize that these are indeed problems that affect our society. So Ekta's shows aren't completely far off from reality but one could say they are an exaggerated version that adds a bit of spice to attract the audience. I know a lot of ladies watch the show to get an idea what to wear at the next wedding or party lol. There was a time when you'd go to buy a saree in Mumbai and the sales assistant would say "Madam, Kashish wore this in last week's episode on Thursday" lol.

Disadvantage: The one thing I dislike about Indian soaps is the way everything is so dragged out. The crying scene lasts a good 10 minutes, the characters talk to themselves when no-one is in the room and think out aloud, characters always seem to die, then re-incarnate, then die, then re-incarnate again etc (it was an endless cycle with Mr. Bajaj). Also, every time someone gets slapped, then that slap MUST be shown at least another four times (you know, just in case the audience missed it the first three times). The audience is then informed of the reactions of the fifteen other people in the house and the camera zooms in on everyone's face and pauses for a good 5-10 seconds. I feel like I could watch an episode of a show like Pratigya today, come back after 3 months and feel like nothing has changed and the story has barely moved forward. Did I forget to mention the annoying sound effects too?

Neutral: There is clearly a demand for these shows and the TRP's are evidence of that. If Ekta continues to bring in the hunks such as Gurmeet Choudhary, Rajeev Khandelwal, Karan Singh Grover etc then chances are the popularity will continue to rise for her shows. For some of us, life can be a bit boring and mundane at times so watching these shows where there are always twists and turns can be a nice change and it can help us escape from reality for a short period of time while we go drool over Maan Singh Khurana's muscles or admire the beauty of Geet Handa! :P Sadly, a lot of Ekta's shows seem promising at first and three plastic surgeries, five re-incarnations and six marriages later, people often lose their interest. The youth seem to be searching for new, fresh shows such as MTV Roadies so there is a lot of pressure on Ekta to come up with something different to get the attention of her younger viewers which probably explains why she came up with 'Pyar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani' which didn't do too well and ended up going off screen recently.

5 - To follow your heart, or to follow your mind?

Advantage: I follow the saying 'Mind over matter'. Generally, the mind acts for the benefit of the heart so I would say follow your mind. At least it provides you with logic, reason and evidence. Your heart tends to react out of emotion but following your mind allows you to think and react using common sense. Your heart may be fickle but at least your mind is steady. (well, it is for most people anyway! Lol) Listen to your heart, but allow your mind to make the final decision as it's a lot more logical and objectives. Following your mind is probably a lot safer than following your heart and it may not be as fun but it's better than following your heart and taking a risk where a lot of the time the gamble doesn't pay off. The truth is we always put our hand on our heart and say 'all izz well' whereas the mind knows ki 'ghanta all izz well'! lol

Disadvantage: "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world" – Robert Bulwer-Lytton.

There are times when our mind is telling us to be as rational as possible and to properly analyse the situation you are in but there are times when you want to trust your intuition and gut instinct. Some of the happiest people in this world are people who have followed their dreams. Chances are that someone who is giving a lecture on Economics will at least be more passionate about the subject that they are teaching and the profession that they are in despite the pay not being so high in comparison to a man in the corporate world who is doing his job for the sole purpose of making lots of money or an engineer who is only in the profession because he is doing what his family expect him to do. The heart is more than just a vessel of romance and though your mind screams telling you how illogical and irrational a decision you're about to make may seem, ultimately even if the heart is wrong at least it makes you happier as a result of following your heart.

Neutral: At the end of the day, it's practically impossible to separate your emotion and your intellect as they always somehow cross paths. We are given two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, two kidneys, two arms, two legs etc but we are only given one heart and one brain so that these two can work together and provide the best result! Life is all about finding the right mix and being an extremely emotional person or an extremely rational person will rarely provide the desired outcome. What is needed is for you to be able to balance the needs of your heart with the logic of your mind. In reality, finding that balance is a lot harder than it seems and ultimately people will listen to the voice of their ego more than anything else. Whether you choose to follow your heart or your mind, always think twice.

tinkerbe11FingerFetishArwen.

tinkerbe11 IF-Dazzler
tinkerbe11
tinkerbe11

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Oh guys I am sooo sorry for not being here!  My body is absolutely killinggg from last night, I wish somebody could give me a 24 hour massage lol, OuchEmbarrassed
@Sami big big thanks for the extra efforts from your side, it's clear that everyone is your deewane lol :P - but seriously it's much appreciated babe. Wink

@Dia nice answers hun 
Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 6:37am | IP Logged
I intend to write answers for all the questions but i think Sami's story and Diya's debates should be our final entries! 

@Diya - i think these questions are meant for PMs LOL but yeh i like your ideas as well ... TINK, why don't u finalize the two questions, keeping in mind your own suggestions as well as Diya's? And PM those to Shad?

As for captions and lyrics.. i m undecided actually...it will have to be decided from whatever is posted by midnight GMT.. Tink has already posted her captions... Sami did her version of Sheila .. I'll try to post mine before midnight... Its difficult to work on this LOL. i didn't realize how difficult it would be LOL should have started earlier LOL 

alright i'll get back to it... Lets see what is posted over the next 10 hours Tongue 

Edited by Arwen. - 21 December 2011 at 6:38am

Go to top