Frequent Posters

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Question 2a
This is just a formality 😆 I have already nominated Sami's story 😛

My Celebrity Crush

"OH MY GOD!!"

I stared, stunned, as god's gift to humanity (hey, I'm allowed to exaggerate a tiny winy bit) came down the narrow aisle. I immediately turned and stared out the window, saying fervent prayers and bribing the love gods, hoping against hope that the most good looking man I had ever seen would sit down next to me. Today must be my lucky day, I thought, barely controlling my excitement, as he took the adjacent seat. "Should I say hello? Should I introduce myself first? Is it too soon for introductions? Too forward  ' too desperate ' Should I say anything at all?" A thousand and one queries passed through my mind as I tried to compose myself ' all the while trying to figure out if I should initiate a conversation. Somewhere in my befuddled brain, the thought did creep in that this .. this .. this Adonis was not making any effort to start a conversation. In fact he was busy with his Blackberry (damn those things) But as I absentmindedly went through the process of fastening my seatbelt, I ignored this thought and started plotting ways to start talking with him without sounding desperate or worse ' like a teenager! (I was all of sixteen years at the time and thoroughly tired of being seen as just another thoughtless, flighty teenager)

After considering and rejecting scenarios like asking for water from the stewardess and "accidently" dropping it on him, I settled on just a simple Hi and going with the flow. Satisfied with my plan, I waited for him to finish his call, and then his next call and then his next one! So I sat there, twiddling my thumbs and hoping against hope for an opening but no luck. By the end of my flight to Brisbane, I was thoroughly annoyed, berating myself for being a frivolous, superficial IDIOT!

My bad mood was not improved when I saw that my parents were late. As I waited for them, I noticed a small crowd of people gathered round some guy, excitedly talking to each other. I soom saw that they were in fact getting autographs from and taking photos of some celeb. On closer inspection, I also realized that nearly all of these eager fans were of Indian origin. Woah I thought, realizing that some well known guy ' probably from my home country was on my flight and I hadn't even known it. As I went closer, I recognized him as the fella sitting next to me! What the F! I thought, absolutely still and completely dumbfounded. I was sitting next to a famous guy and didn't even know it? Who was he? An actor, a singer, some sportsman? Who? As I stood there, trying to figure it out, I saw him disengage himself from the crowd. He stopped next to me, smiled and said:

"Girl from the plane right?"

Feeling both embarrassed and shy, I could only nod.

"Hi." He smiled as he extended his hand to me. "I'm John Abraham."

Still feeling gobsmacked and not knowing how to react, I simply said:

"Hi, I m Zainab Awan" and shook his hand.

Still smiling, he gave me a wink and exited the airport.

That dimpled smile and rascally wink was still playing on my mind hours later. After a futile effort to go to sleep, I found myself googling him and reading up on his work. I'm in love, I realized as for the first time in my life, I found myself downloading a Bollywood movie.

2b CAPTIONS

1) Friendship

You and I are like winters and blankets, tea and biscuits, hand in glove, socks and boots. We'll be friends forever. Pinky promise?

2) Arrogance

You are either with us or against us. So, do we have a deal?

3) Unity

Together, we are greater than the sum of all our differences, fears, and prejudices.

4) Love

Nurture the young, protect the old and never ever forget to give some thought to someone less fortunate than you. Because love is never selfish.

Edited by Arwen. - 12 years ago
Arwen11 thumbnail
I m really struggling with that lyrics thingy
Arwen11 thumbnail
This is soo stupid 🤢 I don't like what I m writing AT ALL ☢️

Chammak Chalo

Kaisa dhamkana a lar ke dikha de
Aa fight karle aaj mar ke dikha de
Aa meri akhiyon se akhiya lara le
Aa tu chudiyan uttaaar de...
Wanna be my punching bag

Tu mera punching bag
Teri picture ka main villain
Give it up girl ja tu bhaag le
Ho hoo hooo
You can be my punching bag oh

Oh man it is terrible 🤢🤢🤢 

I'll give up on this for now .. Will try cracking it tomorow ... I know 22nd is the deadline but it doesn't mean we have to send it before 22nd does it? We could send in the final replies at any time tomorrow right? Gosh I m sounding desperate now ... I know we are pretty much set for story (Sami) and Debate (Diya) and even captions (Tink) Song lyrics are pretty much the only thing left 😳
Leve thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arwen.

This is soo stupid 🤢 I don't like what I m writing AT ALL ☢️

Chammak Chalo

Kaisa dhamkana a lar ke dikha de
Aa fight karle aaj mar ke dikha de
Aa meri akhiyon se akhiya lara le
Aa tu chudiyan uttaaar de...
Wanna be my punching bag

Tu mera punching bag
Teri picture ka main villain
Give it up girl ja tu bhaag le
Ho hoo hooo
You can be my punching bag oh

Oh man it is terrible 🤢🤢🤢 

I'll give up on this for now .. Will try cracking it tomorow ... I know 22nd is the deadline but it doesn't mean we have to send it before 22nd does it? We could send in the final replies at any time tomorrow right? Gosh I m sounding desperate now ... I know we are pretty much set for story (Sami) and Debate (Diya) and even captions (Tink) Song lyrics are pretty much the only thing left 😳

Kaisa sharmana aaja ro ke dikha de 
Aa hoja door chal parda gira de 
Aa teri akhiyon se ansu gira de
Aa tu na laage aa 
Wanna be my car sweeper

Tu meri car sweeper 
Teri picture ka main zero
Please girl mujhko baksh do 
Ho hoo hooo
You can be my car sweeper 

how are these?

Leve thumbnail
Originally posted by: Xoxo

i have changed the format of slightly of part two slightly. One of you have to come forward to be the bakra and represent the final stage of your knockout thread. I, i am highly disappointed with myself for what happened yesterday, and have decided to do something i had in mind to do as live, but changed it in a way, that it doesnt need to be done live, but only one member from each team will be doing it
hope you find it fun! and the final stage of Knock out, You have the responsibility of knocking your teams out, to that number 1 posistion. You ready for it? Just confirm your name, so i can do the updates... you don't have to be live for it, so don't worry. But you must complete this at the very latest tomorrow and that too a.l.o.n.e. I shall make you all swear an oath that i must not cheat this round through seeking help via google or PMs from other members. Virtual oath . 😆
Sinncemaan, has already done the semi-stage...The three girls and the ever so MIA and only boy Rehan, one of you put yourself forward to be the bakra of the next round.

Also you have already posted the questions here, but don't worry - Please remember, the final stage doesnt have to take live * it was suppose to happen yesterday but it didnt, and i really wanted to ask this, so had to change the format of part 2*. One member, please.

I am in the middle of doing an update. But thought, id post this here, aswell  😆
Xoxo

what does the bakra do?
Arwen11 thumbnail

K.N.O.C.K./ O.U.T - FINAL STAGE.

I have just flicked through the pages and realised my 'Updates moments' are very boring to read 😆. So here is an attempt, not to write as much, and stick to the point.

_ Although, the X round of the Semi final was fun however, i am still disappointed that, the entire live thing didn't quite go according to the plan, and it was the round, that was suppose to be the most FUN!. I had nothing written on paper, but had a rough idea created in my brain, what i wanted you guys to do, so was planning to present it live, as you play it live also... However, the whole- live thing didn't quite work out because  yesterday was a day that went against me.

_ However, today - The day is in my favour, i get early two hours from my placement, which means, cos i won't be going home for the next two hours, i can spend some time on this, and amend plans. Slightly so that it may be more fun to play.

_ I would have ideally liked you to play this live, however that is not possible. And Thus, have given you the liberty to play on your own pace - But here is the rule ( i know, this game should be renamed, the rules of colours).  This should be completed, ONLY by one member of your team, who will be representing your final stage, to knock out the other colours. You know how the scores work, 25 marks etc? yeh, Good.

_ Also, The members who are through to this final stage - Because you are not playing this live - Must take a virtual oath, not to cheat using any sources such as google, or help through PM. 😆

_ Please al note - This is all contributed to the Winner's who will be decided by me, however you still have the public deciding. The public, will be judging your answers, 2, 3 and 4 of part 1 round, When i say public, all of you are included in this and will be judging as well as with the other public who havent taken part in this contest.

The way you judge, is different from the way they judge though, they will be required to judge all 5, and you will be judging only four, as follows.

Place 1 - Earning 25 points
Place 2 - Earning 20 Points
Place 3 - Earning 15 points
or Place 4 - Earning 10 Points.

You are not judging your own answers, so there is no 5th place (for the non participants public, they obviously have to place one team in place 5 also, who will respectively earn 5 marks,). In addition, you will also be given the special nomination list, where you have to pick one member, from the 5 - You may pick your own team colour if they truly deserve it - Please play it fair and give it to  someone, who really deserves it. I give you the nominations, you give me the winners... Fair enough?

More of that later, once this game is officially over, tomorrow.. and if you can also, compile your best answers to be given by Thursday night - I can extend that to Friday morning, if required, but please try your best to get it done asap.

For now, the bakra's of each colour, come forward,  and goodluck. What are you required to do? Goodluck, Sacrifce your name first, before i knock it over to you 😉 

Oh, please await my PM to each team respectively - I am in the process of sending personal emails, the different team colour - With the title -  Blue only, purple only, green only, red only or Pink only lol.  😆. .. HIGHLY important. .  do not repeat what i write on the pm, to anyone on the forum * No need to worry, its nothing errr dodgy LOL*  if you mention it on the forum, you will fail this round, even before it begins. The PM might  make no sense to you and you might be eager to discuss it, in that case do it only with your team colour. Do not let yourself fail before you even begin this round. I will not mention in the private emails that you are not suppose to be discussing what i write on PM on forum just cause i wanted you all to read the end of this post 😆.

------- Also note, From the five members - Only one member, from one team will win this round, and earn a total of 50 Bonus marks - The other teams, i am afraid will get nothing- It is knock out final stage, and you need to knock out the others, to earn the full marks and not share it with anyone 😆 Thus Decide if you really want to be the bakra of your team.

This makes up part two and the final stage of knockout.

For now - The five names, who are willing to take the challenge, and step forward to represent your team. No need to play live, but you must play it alone and cheat from no sources.

I have amended this round, so it can include, what i was suppose to do yesterday as live, and also change part 2 slightly.

Xoxo

Please read page 192, in addition this page.

_ The reason why  i asked Reeya to edit her answer, was because.. I like always, do things like the storm is going to hit me and if Reeya read my post on that page, she would have realised that i did write i got two hours early from my placement, or maybe it was the page before that LMAO...but, yeh i was under time restraints to get this updated, and then go home.. Things are done better, when you have time. 

But because i was rushing things again, i sent Reeya, three emails...every email had that magic letter missing, however one email happens to accidently, have an additional letter missing also - The reasoning Reeya gave, was guess what?... one that very perfectly fits with her own letter and the mistaken letter, thus she was misleaded believing she has got the letter of another team, she shouldnt have? and who was the other team? Rainbow warrier.. I was obviously sending the same first paragraph to all, and sending letters... the reasoning Reeya gave, fitted with her own letter and with the mistaken letter of the Rainbow warrier.

Let me clarify it then on the forum.

_ It is abit of a coincidence, but no. The Rainbow Warrier's letter is not what you have, and the reasoning  you give is brilliant as it fits your letter and the mistaken letter, but it is not the  Correct answer... The letter Rainbow warrier have is different - so although this is not the spoiler, but no the letter is not K.

- The game is still on... and it doesnt matter, if you know what one letter Rainbow warrier doesnt have as, this game is all about fitting your letter with the reasoning and applying.

Other question  i thought people may ask, once this round is on

_ Why only one person from the team to represent the most marks when it is all about teamwork.

Before anyone asks that question -  I chose only one member, as there are  many members that are not fully active on this, like some team have all six active, whilst others have only 3.. Thus to make it fair, they all get the fair chance, i chose one

However - Because knockout is all about team work, what i can suggest... is about  three ( Red team, only has three active players)  - Thus only three members from each team, can follow this...and i will try to select the hardest and the most active, thus trying to be as fair as i can

Red team - All players, Euterpe, lucifer and Sara Tara

Green team - Reeya, Shaf and Smile

- Blue team - Summer, Zorroa and Sayali babes

Pink team - Arwen, Diya and Sinnceeman ( Tinker bells, you can happily do Xmas shopping LOL)

Purple team - Rainbow Warrier, thatoneguy and Usman. 

Purple team though, your have the most active players such as Mahek and Faz who actively contribute, please forgive me for not including you in the finals, i hope you two dont have a problem with the selected? 

I hope all fair? And apologies again, but this is the final, and i hope you like it... Please note, each team has nine guesses... Three from each member. Meh and i just realized, you may REPEAT letters for your other teams. Now  i am going to pass out. Its just a game, have fun, lol. 

Xoxo

Diya and Sami .. where are u 😆? 

@xoxo - I m confused .. SO I can only PM Diya and Sami when trying to figure out the answers? 

@Preet - that is soo much better!!! Please could you do the lyrics task? Our answers will finally be complete if u do! Pretty please with a cherry on top 😃
Arwen11 thumbnail
Grr i m gonna KILL Shad 😡 😛

i m still trying hard to figure this out 😳 Any clues Diya and Sami?
Arwen11 thumbnail
I m going off line.. I have tried every possible combination and can't think of an answer 😕

UPDATE!!

i totally missed Tink's debate points 😳 i m sorry tink 🤗 

So @All - here are all the page numbers ... could we please what to put forward? And oh we still need some sort of song lyrics for both Friday and Kenya West song 😳 So any ideas on that one? 

Here are all the page numbers

Question 2a - STORY
Sami - Page 11
Arwen. - Page 12

Question 2b - CAPTIONS
Tink - Page 1
Arwen. Page 12

Question 3 - Lyrics
Preet - chammak challo - page 5
Preet - Soup Song - Page 6
Sami - sheila ki jawani - page 11

Question 4 - Debate
Tink - Page 6 (I totally missed this!!!)
Diya - Page 12

Guys please decide .. 

So far my nominations are
Tink's captions
Preet's Chammak Chalo and Soup Song
Sami's story and Shiela ki Jawani

I havent gone through Tink's debate points yet so don't know which one to pick ... 

BUT we are pretty much set for all the questions from 2-4 except the two song lyrics still left..Considering the pathetic job i did with the one song i knew (Chammak) i think i'll probably be better off without attempting songs number 4 and 5 😆 So Preet why don't u continue? 😳 OR Diya or Sami or Tink or any one else 😃? 

@All - who will be the bakra for the final round 😆? Sami u r exempt because you participated in that spamming thread 😆 For the final round, we need to nominate one member - bakra - who will do goodness knows what 😆 it may have something to do with those 2 questions i suppose .. Oh TINK could u finalize and send two questions to Shad on behalf of our team?

Shad is not being clear on what the bakra is supposed to do but we are to nominate one And NOT HELP HER! So who will put herself forward for the final round? 

AND @DIYA and @SAMI - guys three of us are supposed to figure out that missing alphabet game 😆 three quesses each ... figure out why our alphabet is ... and than apply the same theory to guess other teams alphabets ..I m at a loss so going off line to get my thoughts straight 😃
Edited by Arwen. - 12 years ago
Leve thumbnail
i did 2 lyrics and one lyric was done by someone else.. 
i can't think of the last two songs.. i dnt know how to change them.
its stronger by kanye and friday by black
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
All the debate questions updated! :)

I will be very inactive for the next 2-3 days but will try and come online when I can. All the best Pink Panthers!! :) PM me if anything else needs to get done and I'll see what I can do.

Questions 4 ' Debater's tongue. ' All question must be attempted.

1 -  If you were participating in big boss/big brother ' What exactly will you do to raise TRP for the show and what strategies will you implement in order to win the show?

Advantage: I'd probably nominate Big Boss for eviction. :P

I would have a catchy catch phrase. Something like 'pink panther ko haraana mushkil hi nahi, namumkin hain' ;)

I'd make a confession about my one night stand with Jackie Shroff some 5 years ago and then burst out crying and complain about how much I regret it.

I'd pick a fight with one of the quietest housemates. That would definitely get the public talking.

I'd find myself a sidekick on the show – we'd be just like Munna and Circuit. :P

Lastly, I'd flirt with one of the hot guys in the house, then blame him for coming on to me and that's when I'll pull out the victim card. ;)

Disadvantage: Fact is I'd never go on the show. Or at least not voluntarily any way! I value my privacy way too much to be on a show like Big Boss. The fame and money may seem lucrative at first but I rather not be caged in a house and be instructed what to do by someone I don't know and at the same time have millions of people who do not know you judge your every word and action. Also, I'd be worried that a very nasty side of me would come out because I absolutely cannot stand hypocrites and people who back stab you while all the time smiling when they see you.

Neutral: There are people who have benefitted from reality shows and gotten some sort of recognition and publicity. Some say there is no such thing as bad publicity. However, a person like Jade Goody found fame, fortune and everything else through a reality show however a few years later it was also what caused her to fall flat on her face after the racism scandal. Others like Shilpa Shetty however have benefitted and now lots of people in the West recognise an average Bollywood actress but have no clue who someone like Kareena Kapoor is. It all depends on your personality really – can you deal with the fame when it comes to you or do you end up losing your entire identity?

2 - Do you think having a hot accent makes someone more attractive? Which accent do you find hottest and why?

Advantage: Oh yes! Having a hot accent is definitely a huge plus point. I've always had a thing for the American/Canadian accent. I think it works in their advantage because I know I'd be a lot more likely to listen to a guy with a hot accent rather than someone with an accent that I am accustomed to hearing. I find it quite charming when people speaking with the American accent and I guess I prefer it to the Italian/French/Spanish etc accents because I don't feel the need to ask someone with an American accent what they're trying to say 3 times before I finally understand. (just a few days ago someone asked me if I knew where they could go to buy curtains and I had no idea what he was trying to tell me and eventually I had to ask the poor guy to spell it out to me!) I guess I enjoy people speaking in an accent where the language is so similar but also learning about some of the obvious differences in language.

Disadvantage: No matter how much of a turn on an accent may be, there are a lot of times when things are said that are difficult to interpret correctly. As a journalist recently wrote "there are words that are not easy to understand, perhaps almost impossible to translate in to a contemporary English context. So how are you supposed to judge the weight of a word uttered in a foreign language from a different mindset?" This often causes a lot of misunderstanding and what may be considered offensive in one society may be perfectly normal in another.

Also, as amazing as it is to hear my lecturer speak in a Scottish accent, I simply cannot understand a word of what she is saying and I end up feeling quite frustrated when it comes to revising for exams!

Neutral: Honestly, if you have an accent then at first it can definitely cause some heads to turn or for there to be an instant attraction but the ultimate turn on is the perfect mix of a guy that acts like a true gentleman and who is well-spoken with an extremely hot accent! ;)

3 - Why do you think your team will win? Ie what qualities does your team have, that you have noticed other teams lack?  

Advantage: We have a team who wants to get the job done and doesn't go around complaining about the qualities that we lack but rather focus on the individual talents that we all have and how to bring out the desired result. Our team consists of people from pretty much all over the world all living in different time zones e.g. UK, US, Pakistan and even Australia and naturally this can be a bit of a problem when trying to organise certain events or planning how a task should be completed. However, when there was a clash in timings then the lovely Mrs. Phurana aka Samira stepped up and got the job done in the spamming thread even though it mean she sacrificed her beauty sleep! :P We also have some very creative people in our team, they'd be sure to give the creatives of all these Indian shows a run for their money! ;)

Disadvantage: Some of the other teams seem to have more co-ordination and more planning which probably helps with parts of the game such as the spamming part. Again, due to the different time-zones, it took us a little longer to get things sorted initially although eventually this problem was overcome by members stepping up and leading the team. Also, due to various duties and responsibilities outside the forum, it's been difficult for us to come up with a team leader.

Neutral: All the teams seem to have their own thread where they are discussing who is doing what and the competition seems tough! But this means that everyone is playing against each other and no one team has an unfair advantage over another team. Despite any initial problems, all the teams look like they're giving it their best now and so deciding a winner will probably be a very difficult task!

4 - Why are Ekta's show so popular and what do you think of Indian Soap?

Advantage: If we have a look around the forum then we will realize just how attached a lot of the members on India-forums are to the characters that they see on screen. Some of the actors do such a great job on screen that a lot of the time it's hard for people to remember what's reel and what's real. Many people say Ekta's shows are only popular with your average Indian housewife and that the current younger generation are not interested in such shows but the fact that official FB pages, India-forums and other social networking sites are filled with many young girls (and often guys too) is evidence of the fact that her shows target everyone, not just a certain audience. If we take a closer look at some of the social issues that Ekta brings in to her shows such as adultery, rape, divorce, child marriage, miscarriages, pregnancy before marriage etc then we'd realize that these are indeed problems that affect our society. So Ekta's shows aren't completely far off from reality but one could say they are an exaggerated version that adds a bit of spice to attract the audience. I know a lot of ladies watch the show to get an idea what to wear at the next wedding or party lol. There was a time when you'd go to buy a saree in Mumbai and the sales assistant would say "Madam, Kashish wore this in last week's episode on Thursday" lol.

Disadvantage: The one thing I dislike about Indian soaps is the way everything is so dragged out. The crying scene lasts a good 10 minutes, the characters talk to themselves when no-one is in the room and think out aloud, characters always seem to die, then re-incarnate, then die, then re-incarnate again etc (it was an endless cycle with Mr. Bajaj). Also, every time someone gets slapped, then that slap MUST be shown at least another four times (you know, just in case the audience missed it the first three times). The audience is then informed of the reactions of the fifteen other people in the house and the camera zooms in on everyone's face and pauses for a good 5-10 seconds. I feel like I could watch an episode of a show like Pratigya today, come back after 3 months and feel like nothing has changed and the story has barely moved forward. Did I forget to mention the annoying sound effects too?

Neutral: There is clearly a demand for these shows and the TRP's are evidence of that. If Ekta continues to bring in the hunks such as Gurmeet Choudhary, Rajeev Khandelwal, Karan Singh Grover etc then chances are the popularity will continue to rise for her shows. For some of us, life can be a bit boring and mundane at times so watching these shows where there are always twists and turns can be a nice change and it can help us escape from reality for a short period of time while we go drool over Maan Singh Khurana's muscles or admire the beauty of Geet Handa! :P Sadly, a lot of Ekta's shows seem promising at first and three plastic surgeries, five re-incarnations and six marriages later, people often lose their interest. The youth seem to be searching for new, fresh shows such as MTV Roadies so there is a lot of pressure on Ekta to come up with something different to get the attention of her younger viewers which probably explains why she came up with 'Pyar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani' which didn't do too well and ended up going off screen recently.

5 - To follow your heart, or to follow your mind?

Advantage: I follow the saying 'Mind over matter'. Generally, the mind acts for the benefit of the heart so I would say follow your mind. At least it provides you with logic, reason and evidence. Your heart tends to react out of emotion but following your mind allows you to think and react using common sense. Your heart may be fickle but at least your mind is steady. (well, it is for most people anyway! Lol) Listen to your heart, but allow your mind to make the final decision as it's a lot more logical and objective. Following your mind is probably a lot safer than following your heart and it may not be as fun but it's better than following your heart and taking a risk where a lot of the time the gamble doesn't pay off. The truth is we always put our hand on our heart and say 'all izz well' whereas the mind knows ki 'ghanta all izz well'! lol

Disadvantage: "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world" – Robert Bulwer-Lytton.

There are times when our mind is telling us to be as rational as possible and to properly analyse the situation you are in but there are times when you want to trust your intuition and gut instinct. Some of the happiest people in this world are people who have followed their dreams. Chances are that someone who is giving a lecture on Economics will at least be more passionate about the subject that they are teaching and the profession that they are in despite the pay not being so high in comparison to a man in the corporate world who is doing his job for the sole purpose of making lots of money or an engineer who is only in the profession because he is doing what his family expect him to do. The heart is more than just a vessel of romance and though your mind screams telling you how illogical and irrational a decision you're about to make may seem, ultimately even if the heart is wrong at least it makes you happier as a result of following your heart.

Neutral: At the end of the day, it's practically impossible to separate your emotion and your intellect as they always somehow cross paths. We are given two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, two kidneys, two arms, two legs etc but we are only given one heart and one brain so that these two can work together and provide the best result! Life is all about finding the right mix and being an extremely emotional person or an extremely rational person will rarely provide the desired outcome. What is needed is for you to be able to balance the needs of your heart with the logic of your mind. In reality, finding that balance is a lot harder than it seems and ultimately people will listen to the voice of their ego more than anything else. Whether you choose to follow your heart or your mind, always think twice.