India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Laagi Tujhse Lagan/IPKKND: Observations & video

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 5:55pm | IP Logged

I don't know how many people on this forum watched Laagi Tujhse Lagan. Apart from Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon LTL has been the only show I've watched religiously.   it was my ultimate favourite show before  I quit it when the lead actor left.  Dutta's bad boy gangster role was brought to life spectacularly by mishal raheja …and I have never seen anything quite like it since.  Anyway I was just thinking about the similarities and differences between these 2 dramas and two male leads and thought I'd  talk about it if anyone is interested.  

Both about men with dark histories that have impacted their lives and their ability to love.

One is betrayed and turns to the big bad mobster Dutta Bhau, The other becomes Arnav Singh Raizada...business  tycoon.  Both alter their identities to make themselves immune to the pain  the world can cause them.

Both go from rags to riches following their transformation.  And Both become powerful following their transformation. Achieving wealth and power is perhaps a way of proving something to the people that have betrayed them.

Both characters have deep set flaws.

Both can be extremely cruel.  Whereas arnav can be quite deliberately cruel because of his prejudices…i.e. against ''lower class'' females, Dutta metes out his cruelty to deliver his version of  'justice.'

Both have dads that are more flawed then their male offspring

Both have anger issues and both have two women who love them and calm that anger.  Khushi doesn't acknowledge her love the laad governor yet…Nakusha perhaps always knew she loved Dutta and would always go to the ends of the earth for her saab.  The  lead actresses however are poles apart except in that they are both innately good.

Of course both appear to have large female fan followings.

Now…BACK TO THE PRESENT…I keep hearing about a hate track and a forced wedding. Another potential similarity between the shows.  Here however, I wish IPKKND to deviate from LTL.  I want it to have something unique. Because a forced wedding  has been donebefore and done spectacularly.  Just watch Dutta forcing nakku to marry him in these links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=patMg02AF_U&NR=1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2amHuGlY8&feature=related

(Video Credit to uploader)

Dhamekdaar.  I want IPPKND to do something just as dhamkedhaar for khushi and ASR, but jyust something different to a forced shaadi. So ideas anyone?

On another note…what is that pulls audiences to this formale, especially female audiences.  Do we just like to see men being transformed through love…?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nishtavahgar-Sunset-

Hessa85 Goldie
Hessa85
Hessa85

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
NB...there are a few more similarities and 1 key 1 appears to be that a forced marriage track will be initiated because of a perceived dhoka.  dutta was led to believe nakku betrayed him and arnav may believe khushi betrayed him by getting engaged to shyaam?Confused

Edited by Hessa85 - 15 December 2011 at 6:02pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nishta-Sunset-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top