Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Cvs! ASR's feelings towards LA... - Page 8

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi TM πŸ˜Š - I've been reading your posts/threads with growing interest, and have been fascinated with your fascination for the character of ASR. I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly it was you disliked about the character, till something you said in this thread just jumped right out at me, confirming what I had suspected about you.

This is what you said

Every viewer has expectations and I want to see his redemption and ofcourse he has to prove his credibility to me as a viewer.

He HAS TO PROVE his credibility to you. It's almost as if you're talking about a real person isn't it? Because, if you look at it from a purely audience pov, every character is not completely credible in every way. They all have their short comings, they all keep acting according to script and direction, but yet... ASR, front and center, dragged out at every opportunity, strung up like a hunk of meat (and what a hunk he is eh? πŸ˜‰). You actually LIKE him don't you? He's interesting, he's fascinating, but unfortunately he just lacks that certain something which could make him perfect.. 

Perfect for whom? That's the important question I think, because the rest of us just want a little polish here, and a little tweaking there which will make him perfect for Khushi on the show, and we're willing to wait and see if it happens, probably feel surprise if he goes another route, rant at the CVs if they don't get it right, and generally just enjoy the development of their relationship as it progresses.

But, what do YOU want from this character? Really? Is this really about his relationship with another character on the show? Your posts say otherwise.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

Hi TM πŸ˜Š - I've been reading your posts/threads with growing interest, and have been fascinated with your fascination for the character of ASR. I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly it was you disliked about the character, till something you said in this thread just jumped right out at me, confirming what I had suspected about you.

This is what you said

Every viewer has expectations and I want to see his redemption and ofcourse he has to prove his credibility to me as a viewer.

He HAS TO PROVE his credibility to you. It's almost as if you're talking about a real person isn't it? Because, if you look at it from a purely audience pov, every character is not completely credible in every way. They all have their short comings, they all keep acting according to script and direction, but yet... ASR, front and center, dragged out at every opportunity, strung up like a hunk of meat (and what a hunk he is eh? πŸ˜‰). You actually LIKE him don't you? He's interesting, he's fascinating, but unfortunately he just lacks that certain something which could make him perfect.. 

Perfect for whom? That's the important question I think, because the rest of us just want a little polish here, and a little tweaking there which will make him perfect for Khushi on the show, and we're willing to wait and see if it happens, probably feel surprise if he goes another route, rant at the CVs if they don't get it right, and generally just enjoy the development of their relationship as it progresses.

But, what do YOU want from this character? Really? Is this really about his relationship with another character on the show? Your posts say otherwise.

*Brain Freeze* 
So what you are saying is that we all want to see ASR with Khushi ..but the Anu wants to keep ASR for herself..
D'oh!!!
Right..!!!
Edited by somzz007 - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ok, you found me out.  Yes Anu likes him, Anu likes him a lot.  Kind of in an unhealthy obsessive, would totally smash any pom poms in her way to ASR kind of way.  I mean, well, at least this Anu does.  Wait, was this question for me?  
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: somzz007

*Brain Freeze* 
So what you are saying is that we all want to see ASR with Khushi ..but the TM wants to keep ASR for herself..
D'oh!!!
Right..!!!

That's not what I meant at all. There is such a thing as 'projection.' 
mahamluvsbs thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
i think we cant be bappy in any case .
 DIDNT WE ALL wanted arespectful way of break up from ASR ? Yes na he did itt gracefully n i think hew did it all correct now there are questions he isnt the rude mean asr as b4 Oh guys puhlezzz Give yr brains a rest too. Yes he is concerened he fells bad as he has USED HER. bu tit wasnt HARD for him to go n tell her da reality he felt bad abt it  n i think its nice this way rather then him saying "OK LA U GOING " gr8 get lost ??
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Obsession ki bhi hadh hoti hai. Now ur posts make me laughπŸ˜†
Iss Obsession Ko Kya Naam DoπŸ˜†

Really anumita Really, from the whole half an hour epi of so many ups and downsin kushi & Anjali's life due to Shyam, all that u could notice is ASR and ASR.πŸ˜†
Reminder: U still haven pmed me or shown the petition that u made all the days against sadist ASR. When can i see that..
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
@TM, I don't get what you want from ASR.

I get ASR and Khushi but I do not get you.

Please do not insult ASR by comparing him with a two timing and sadist Shyam.
icebraker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Anu,

I usually read all of ur posts and find them really unique. I know u want ASR to be perfect. Even if Khushi accepst him with his faults but u wont. U hate him, hate him so much that u have fallen for him and u have fallen hard that why u mixed up fiction with reality.

U want ASR to live up with ur expectations not khushi's. So no matter what he does will never be good enough for u. Ur pyaar for ASR make me say "Iss pyaar ko kya naam du".

zainza thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
All discussions aside, I feel that ASR's break up with Lavanya was shown too emotionally, there was so much touching and all...I mean however much ASR's character has developed, it has not reached that that level of sensitivity that was depicted in that scene. It was a little difficult to digest.
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: DiehardBarunFan

There is absolutely no use of explaining stuffs to this person.Its of no use to explain ASR's behaviour or her own behaviour.Waste of time and energy !! 

She is a Khushi fan and she has the same intelligence that Khushi has.Phew !!🀒

I don't agree with your statement. I understand that you're ASR fan and so am i but I don't think it's necessary to bring down Khushi in order to support ASR .

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago