sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 5:26pm | IP Logged

Seven points why IPKKND is not getting highest TRP

1. The marriage factor  as you have said Fari

2. ASR was too brutal to be accepted by behenjis

3. Too few side characters.

4.  Very less sarees . behenjees are not interested in Khushi's chamkeeli suits - too babyish for them

5. Poor editing and poor technical aspects.

6. Too much symbolism .Behenjis do not have time to interpret them  .

7. A vamp is urgently need. 

Thats why I support LA returning as a vamp. She goes back to England , marries Dhruv ( whoever he is)  and comes back as the third Bahu to rob ASR of all his business or money .  Khushi will be the martyr and saviour.

I do not mean to undermine anyone by calling behenji - which I would define as Indian housewife ( may be working too) in the age-group 35-60.  I belong to that group but my mindset in definitely different .

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235HeadOverHeelsshaam91fly_dogSanzBarbieChitraFincandescentShwetha!momma1128Infofanpc_pals

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
I think it does, which would make sense with the very iffy and awkward storyline change recently. The CV's have built up too many tracks and are trying to cover them up with this fazzled revelation of Shyam.. but I think they're going to get back to the essence of the story, the love-hate eventually in a few weeks, till then I'm pretty sure there's a marriage coming up!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Juicee_Sushieincandescent

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
Nah the married couple have nothing to do with it as most of the others have also said..

cz EHMMBH (the only other show i watch other than IPK) is NOT about a couple..it is about sisterhood..seriously if one watches that serial it makes u wanna break the jodi apart cz then the 2 sisters will be together! so i dnt think many watch t 4 that 1 married couple...but rather for the sisterhood and the younger couple who has an awesome cat & dog fight going on!
this week it has high TRPs cz the wedding was there..lets wait n watch if they can hold the marriage festivities for more than 2 weeks..
i have a feeling IPK will overtake it in 2 weeks or so as it had been doing until now..

and as for IPK i personally feel it is doing tremendously well..do u know that ever since BV started4-5yrs back there has never been a single instance that a show in the 8-8.30pm slot even came close to touching its TRP...and it was almost considered an impossible task to get even half of its TRPs by a rival show at the same slot..
BUT IPKKND not only equaled it but also eventually overtook it!and has been gaining more leverage as the weeks went by(u'll notice if u kept an eye out for the TRP fluctuation ranges of the 2 shows over all these months)..our show has been pretty consistent in attracting BV viewers to it..Star

i had a friend who was a die hard MJHT & SaJan fan who was dieing to watch IPKKND cz of Sanaya..but every night she has to fight tooth n nail with her mom for the remote cz aunty watches BV!so she opted to catching up the episodes online or repeat telecast..that is just one instance..but a strong reason 4 the TRP levels..

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Maohserendipity235lilmzsunshineJuicee_Sushieshaam91spsharmilafly_dogSupna9incandescentShwetha!

AajKuchMatBolna Goldie
AajKuchMatBolna
AajKuchMatBolna

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
omg you read my mind outloud!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

--Krish-- IF-Rockerz
--Krish--
--Krish--

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
what i feel is that most of the viewers are middle class married house wives/ working women with kids.  They have lot of hardship in life.  So, they like watching shows where the married leads suffer a lot.  This makes them feel happy because they know someone else is suffering more than them (even if it is a soap).  If they see a happy show, they feel sad that they are not as happy as the leads and get frustrated.. People watch shows which make them happy and not frustrated or sad.  So in a twisted way i think people like to see others suffer..

But i am very glad that IPK is not following this route.  I want this show to be different always !!  It may not reach the top slot.. but as long as it remains in top 10 i am happy..

I also thing the IPK cvs need to have strong parallel stories.. here it is focussed only on Arhi.. this adds strain to the leads and in case something happens and the leads are unable to shoot, the whole story will do haywire.. 

Edited by --Krish-- - 15 December 2011 at 7:15pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

MaohHeadOverHeelsSupna9SanzBarbieincandescentShwetha!Infofan

lilmzsunshine Goldie
lilmzsunshine
lilmzsunshine

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
I don't think it has to do with the married leads ... quite the opposite actually.    Once the leads get married, there is only so much you can do to keep the show alive.  In any show where they've shown conflict prior to the marriage, or leading up to it ... when the leads have eventually gotten married, the trps have fallen down, after a while of course.  The story runs it's course then, and then after a point it's just unnecessary perpetuation and stretching of the story like a well chewed out flavorless piece of gum.

I don't know anything about DABH, but I can comment on EHMMBH.  Never have I seen a show which such a different story line and emphasis on a love other than that of a romantic type.   Also, just an FYI, the high trps are not only, if at all, due to the Krystle-Karan jodi, but very possibly due to the Nia-Kushal jodi.   Also, Krystle-Karan just got married in the show, this week.   The TRPs have been high for a while, for that show.  I don't think the early wedding of the show attributes to the TRP.  If you had to see one episode, I'd advise watching the one with Jeevika (Krystle)'s mehndi.   There has been no better depiction of sisterly love, the heart wrenching pain for a moment when you know she'll leave and things will never be teh same, and for the younger sister to know she won't, any longer, be your savior.   And the songs used were epic.  I think that show has a totally, totally, different appeal.  I'm actually not that big a fan of Karan or Krystle's, yet I watch it reguarly - mostly for the chemistry that the 4 leads have with each other between brother/sister/saali/dewar.  It's very very appealing - but the Siddharth has a way of creating such bonds as he did in DMG.  

So, although I wrote quite a bit - you get the gist - it's not to do with the leads getting married.   IPKKND has it's own story line, but I think it's because it appeals to a certain group of people, typically the younger crowd.   EHMMBH appeals to the younger crowd owing to the current romance b/w one lead, and the impending romance b/w the second lead, and it appeals to the older crowd due to the family dynamics in each of the two families and their internal politics.  Above all else, I feel it's the very unique depiction of love b/w the sisters that gets people glued to it.

IPKKND has an excellent cast, from Barun Sobti, Sanaya Irani all the way to Abhaas Mehta and Daljeet.   And their twists and turns keep us glued too - but I don't think this captures the interests of the older, saas-bahu watching crowd - hence the lower trps.

But regardless, it's a great show, and we love Khushi-Arnav's lovestory.   Hopefully it'll go on a long while.

-S

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235Supna9incandescentShwetha!princessunara

lilmzsunshine Goldie
lilmzsunshine
lilmzsunshine

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Nah the married couple have nothing to do with it as most of the others have also said..

cz EHMMBH (the only other show i watch other than IPK) is NOT about a couple..it is about sisterhood..seriously if one watches that serial it makes u wanna break the jodi apart cz then the 2 sisters will be together! so i dnt think many watch t 4 that 1 married couple...but rather for the sisterhood and the younger couple who has an awesome cat & dog fight going on!
this week it has high TRPs cz the wedding was there..lets wait n watch if they can hold the marriage festivities for more than 2 weeks..
i have a feeling IPK will overtake it in 2 weeks or so as it had been doing until now..

and as for IPK i personally feel it is doing tremendously well..do u know that ever since BV started4-5yrs back there has never been a single instance that a show in the 8-8.30pm slot even came close to touching its TRP...and it was almost considered an impossible task to get even half of its TRPs by a rival show at the same slot..
BUT IPKKND not only equaled it but also eventually overtook it!and has been gaining more leverage as the weeks went by(u'll notice if u kept an eye out for the TRP fluctuation ranges of the 2 shows over all these months)..our show has been pretty consistent in attracting BV viewers to it..Star

i had a friend who was a die hard MJHT & SaJan fan who was dieing to watch IPKKND cz of Sanaya..but every night she has to fight tooth n nail with her mom for the remote cz aunty watches BV!so she opted to catching up the episodes online or repeat telecast..that is just one instance..but a strong reason 4 the TRP levels..

Ahhh ... that may very well be the other reason for it.

And I agree - EHMMBH isn't about the romance b/w the leads, as much as it is there to enjoy.   What makes me want to watch it is the bond b/w the sisters.  For the first time I found myself wishing the wedding would somehow get postponed so the sisters could stay together.  

It's very interesting that IPKKND can compete with shows such as BV, DABH etc.  Says a lot for the show ... great pat on its proverbial back.

-S

Edited by lilmzsunshine - 15 December 2011 at 8:54pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

HeadOverHeels Goldie
HeadOverHeels
HeadOverHeels

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
I think it does have to do with married leads to some extent... Either for the whole wedding blitz and subsequent beautiful saris factor,  the "young girls of marriageable age should be married" factor, or to put it bluntly a certain kind of view which insists that the correct result of even slight attraction/interest should be marriage. Even here on this forum you witness constant encouragement to the CVs for a marriage track, and for the leads to THEN develop a relationship. The suffering young maiden also seems to be a popular choice, with the complimentary vamp for the Cinderella relief. - Then we have the character of ASR who a lot of people cannot clearly define, and only recently has there been an almost collective sigh of relief at his behavior change, otherwise we all know what the reactions were.

I personally think the show attracts a different audience from your typical 30 something to 60 something female. So, if I were them, I'd move the time slot up, and make it a later aired show, just so the right audience who really want to watch it, can. I myself know a number of girls/women who don't watch it at the allotted time because older family members prefer the other shows which are on then.. And, I don't even live in India.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235SanzBarbieShwetha!momma1128incandescentsunaina02

Go to top