Married leads = More Trp's ?? - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
great topic.
i think the indian mind set is that at this slot most people watching are house wifes and older women. it seems they like to watch serials like SNS my mom watchs it without fail, i just dont get it two women only scheming, one completey dumd,
i think it is all the scheming women that other women like to watch, and also they relate marriages to family values. you know romancing without being married awww!  for them its like they are't married how can he touch her like that. not that you see these married couples doing anything other then staring at eachother from across the room or over their MIL, SIL, FIL,GD,MD's heads. 
please tell me which serial have the married couple sleeping together after marriage before six months into their marriage.  what the hell? everyone seems to have taken a vow of abstinance after marriage. phew! all the married couples sleep seperately really

these serial i tell you

Thank you for all your comments.Sorry I cannot reply to everyone but I have read all of them. ðŸ˜³

Many of you pointed out other reasons behind less trps. I agree that it's probably not just one thing. It's a combination of a few things. But I still feel the leads not being married is an issue. 

lol I would like to think that the reason EHM is doing better is because... well its a better show.No idea about DABH.

@ sunaina02 - I do think you undermined Indian women by calling them a behenjee.Its a term used for extremely narrow minded women.So anyone who doesn't like ASR becomes that?
Guys there is a simple point beyond all this..

ppl dont want to understand this love - hate hate - love concept.. they just want usual stories which have female lead crying always,suffering and hero saving her.. what can we expect more from them who want leads to get married and nothing more than that..

but must say even though IPK is having a tough competition it still survives.. dont forget TRP's are nothing but survival of the fittest or may toughtest we could say?
i first started watching sathiya in Star plus...was kind of curious to see a gmarried illeterate girl going to scholl with kids ...th eprob is i got bore with thi serial in just i month time...seing the "kalakari" of the sister n aunt...it was pure rubbish...

when i noticed IPKKND...i stick to story n show like glue...i watch the time slot...on net yet i don't gte bore with the subject
😆😆

I wont go into too many details but 2 things...

1. IPKKND airs at a very competitive slot - Balika Vadhu, Hitler didi, Kuchh toh log... one drag and viewers have enough choice to switch channels... 8.30 & 9.00 are relatively weaker slots whrer the competition has gone down... if KBC was still on, these serials wouldnt have had much sampling and so the ratings would be low...

2. Marriage is only one aspect of the pull... the larger aspect is the relevance of the issues shown... most other shows focus on family dramas which a larger section of the women can identify with... whereas pure out and out love stories appeal to women of a slightly younger age... not those on the net... but those out there... they need dramas which they reflects their daily lives... and this one is more niche...

but having said that it has managed pretty well for itself... EHMMBH will probably go down but DABH will probably sustain itself a bit... and IPKKND will also probably go up with all this drama happening...

hope this asnwers part of your question

Deej

Originally posted by Ipepe

lol I would like to think that the reason EHM is doing better is because... well its a better show.No idea about DABH.

@ sunaina02 - I do think you undermined Indian women by calling them a behenjee.Its a term used for extremely narrow minded women.So anyone who doesn't like ASR becomes that?

After making this I watched a couple of epis of EHMMBH this morning. So my opinion of it is based on that only. The leads just got married and she is probably going to get the same treatment by the Bua (replacement for the usual MIL). The leads, parallel leads are young, good looking and that's it. I really didn't find anything new in that show.  

If IPKKND is nothing great than EHMMBH is also nothing great. ðŸ˜³

But yes...the parallel leads are fun to watch. ðŸ˜Š

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago
Originally posted by incandescent

Thank you for all your comments.Sorry I cannot reply to everyone but I have read all of them. ðŸ˜³

Many of you pointed out other reasons behind less trps. I agree that it's probably not just one thing. It's a combination of a few things. But I still feel the leads not being married is an issue. 

You may be right Fari. I also feel that. BUT I feel the part where the leads are engaged to each other and trying their best NOT to fall for each other ,are also the reason behind less TRP for Indian soaps.
I only watched LRL before IPK and that to till Raj Naina was together BUT after that I left so I am NOT an expert to comment on this. BUT my MIL and SILs are avid fan of these shows and when my MIL visited USA I subscribed to the Indian channels since she watches them all tme. She loves all these SNS,BV and some other shows.Actually she is the one who told me to watch IPK while they were promoting the show .She said she knows the male lead aka Barun and he is good and I also LOVED the promos specially the 4th one and I started to watch IPK from the very begining .I talked to her later and she said she does not watch it since she does not like  it now and switched back to BV.She said the leads always fight and she does not like it My SILs were also fan of IPK but now they switched to KTLK which is in Sony I guess. They said in that serial the leads atleast accepts that they love each other where in IPK the leads are not even ready to realize their own feelings. Many of my friends also switched to KTLK since they like it. They encouraged me to watch it and I actually did BUT its still IPK for me. One of my friends told me a very interesting thing when I asked her the reason behind NOT following IPK anymore ( she was MAD for IPK)and she told me this "We watch TV for entertainment and and  and to make us happy and IPK has managed to make me VERY VERY SAD with its recent episodes. I loved the storyline from the begining BUt I still cannot digest the fact that the leads are still not  even close to their self realisations  yet.In fact nowadays they dont even have much screen times together nowadays. I feel its better to watch something else  because Honestly Its kinda stressfull nowdays to watch IPK.I will be back once the leads are together ."
Srry for the long post BUT I feel what she meant was that even after 6 months the leads have not moved much as far as their own relationship is concerned.Yes they realise they love each other but NOT yet ready for even self realization.Thats what makes people frustrated. I honestly dont think the leads have to get married BUT atleast there should be some love scenes in it.
But yes as far as the Indian aaudience is concerned at one point they have to get married no matter it is LOVE/HATRED/CONTRAT whatever Otherwise  SP typical viewers and TRP contributers are bound to loose interest.
No matter how we want our Arhi to be with each other ,At the end of the day its only TRP that matters to the Cvs and the channel and for us as well . Less TRP equals end of IPK . 
As far as I am concerned I will take anything as long as the leads are together and have more screen times then the rest of the cast.
I like how in EHM they haven't made side characters weak or negative to glorify the leads.IMO its a trait of a good show.
I like the consistency in the characters.I like how they can differentiate between cuteness and silliness.
The character you are talking about,definitely has the potential to turn into a negative one for extremely lame or heartless reasons.But for now she is just a disciplinarian who though strict ... has a heart.Unlike buaji and mamiji.
The only consistently good thing about IPK are arhi and their interactions(not arnav and khushi separately,just arhi)
Though they have their weak points too(rabba ve,trip catch sequence,eye locks).They still somehow manage to be quite enjoyable.May be its because of sarun.
EHM is nothing great or new.But definitely good and better than IPK.
yeah fari, i know you saw it, but posting it for the sake of others..😆
i think its this..

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2419523