Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

You are right.And CV's are thinking along this line too.that's why the story is moving in a fast forward mode.The CV's are in a hurry to get ArHi married.And for the last two weeks IPKKND is getting ratings between 3 and 4 and that's all because of PaYash marriage track,Anjali's Pativrata dialogues and Shyam revelations.Audiences love to watch family dramas more than dupatta dramas.The following things can give high ratings to IPKKND:
1)Get the leads married.But the marriage should be out of hatred or a force marriage.Forced marriages always give good ratings.😆Ex:Saathiya,Pratigya,DABH.
2)The leads should not consummate.The guy will sleep on sofa and the girl on floor.It will give you 6 TAM ratings.😳Ex:Saathiya.
3)The lead girl must wear saree.It would be good if she covers her head with her Pallu🥱.Ex:Saathiya,YRKKH,DABH.
4)There must be a strict lady in the house who screams and dictates everything.Ex:Kokila in Sathiya,Bhabo in SNS.😭
5)The female protagonist should be as dumb as possible.Good if illiterate.The only thing she should know is how to organize Pujas.😊Ex:Saathiya.
6)The female protagonist must have an evil Devrani or Jethani who will make her life living hell.But still she will keep on sacrificing everything for her evil SIL😲.Ex:Saathiya
7)Little romance between the leads.Not bold obviously.😃Ex:Saathiya.
That's why SNS gets a TAM rating of 7 and IPKKND gets 4.
Our IPKKND has none of them.So it is very natural why it is not getting good ratings like SNS,DABH.And its been 6 months but the leads are not married.It's a big drawback.

👏
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I don't think married leads lead to hire TRPs its all about the lead pair and the storylines. While IPKKND is doing well in the ratings, I believe it would do better if the CVs spend more time focusing on the lead pair rather than going all over the place. With both leads engagement being broken off to other people I hope the CVs now focus on Arnav and Khushi's track. Let them be shown getting closer, acknowledging something does exist between them.
pc_pals thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunaina02

Seven points why IPKKND is not getting highest TRP

1. The marriage factor  as you have said Fari

2. ASR was too brutal to be accepted by behenjis

3. Too few side characters.

4.  Very less sarees . behenjees are not interested in Khushi's chamkeeli suits - too babyish for them

5. Poor editing and poor technical aspects.

6. Too much symbolism .Behenjis do not have time to interpret them  .

7. A vamp is urgently need. 

Thats why I support LA returning as a vamp. She goes back to England , marries Dhruv ( whoever he is)  and comes back as the third Bahu to rob ASR of all his business or money .  Khushi will be the martyr and saviour.

I do not mean to undermine anyone by calling behenji - which I would define as Indian housewife ( may be working too) in the age-group 35-60.  I belong to that group but my mindset in definitely different .

You have indicated good points...I liked all the points which are there/ not so there in our show and thats why we all love it...

Though I stress more on point 5...this dept is really needed to be taken care of...
Being an avid moviegoer I feel the editing is one point which should be crisp...n if goes unnoticed, be the serial or movie , charms fly away...😊
anuverma thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

You are right.And CV's are thinking along this line too.that's why the story is moving in a fast forward mode.The CV's are in a hurry to get ArHi married.And for the last two weeks IPKKND is getting ratings between 3 and 4 and that's all because of PaYash marriage track,Anjali's Pativrata dialogues and Shyam revelations.Audiences love to watch family dramas more than dupatta dramas.The following things can give high ratings to IPKKND:
1)Get the leads married.But the marriage should be out of hatred or a force marriage.Forced marriages always give good ratings.😆Ex:Saathiya,Pratigya,DABH.
2)The leads should not consummate.The guy will sleep on sofa and the girl on floor.It will give you 6 TAM ratings.😳Ex:Saathiya.
3)The lead girl must wear saree.It would be good if she covers her head with her Pallu🥱.Ex:Saathiya,YRKKH,DABH.
4)There must be a strict lady in the house who screams and dictates everything.Ex:Kokila in Sathiya,Bhabo in SNS.😭
5)The female protagonist should be as dumb as possible.Good if illiterate.The only thing she should know is how to organize Pujas.😊Ex:Saathiya.
6)The female protagonist must have an evil Devrani or Jethani who will make her life living hell.But still she will keep on sacrificing everything for her evil SIL😲.Ex:Saathiya
7)Little romance between the leads.Not bold obviously.😃Ex:Saathiya.
That's why SNS gets a TAM rating of 7 and IPKKND gets 4.

Our IPKKND has none of them.So it is very natural why it is not getting good ratings like SNS,DABH.And its been 6 months but the leads are not married.It's a big drawback.

Good one!!..but I kinda agree and disagree with certain points..Saahiya is a family base show, in which leads are not given much importance.  It really does'nt upset the viewers if the husband is shown to be cruel/ indifferent etc towards his wife .but IPKKND is an intense / passionate  love story , the USP / foundation of this show is the relation between Arnav & Kushi. So having the leads married is not the only factor to pull the crowd. If the cv's move away from this angle and show a typical joint family scenario than God help this show. 

I think the main fault in the trps not being that much high is the inconsistency in characters and tracks,at times poor direction  and lack of thought given to details.

For example..in farak parta track ..had they shown Aranv's jealousy along with whatever was shown ..viewers would have not complained so much..people were dying to watch a possessive and jealous Arnav...plus the news that La may turn negative, after viewers were so happy with Aranv / her's break up, put many people off...yest phone scene ..could have been little longer...after the mandir engagement we all thought we'll get a nice intense track ..but what do we get !!!! comedy circus !!!!!These small small details matter a lot

I have many friends in age groups of 30 - 40's (house wives) who were addicted to the show and nw are not watching it because of these reasons.The sometime hot/ cold attitude of Arnav...sometime so mature / immature Kushi..do I love her / nt love her circle of Arnav and not to mention the cv's have never hinted at what Arnav feels for Kushi..that also is going against them ..these drawbacks are not  raising the trps to the level it could have been reached..and of course Shyam .that is the biggest draw back of this show.

For Ipkknd to reach the peak it could reach ..cv's have to maintain a constant strong storyline.give importance to details..nt jump tracks... use the chemistry between Asr & Kushi , show them bonded rather than separated / sad ..work on their nok - jhoks..romance, and stay away from  K - series stuff.  On the country, I would love to see a chirpy, naughty, flirty &  happy go lucky  Kushi bringing laughter and colour to the dark / grey world of Arnav  

So if the cv's want to get leads married and show  an indifferent / cruel Arnav...Crying / sacrificing  Kushi...Kushi sleeping on the sofa after marriage..La as vamp and  as 3rd angle to them, then this will take this show to a further downhill...I would certainly stop watching it if this happens

Another thing that is not helping the trps is ;lack of promotions and promos..this secrecy of upcoming tracks is good for the people who are in forums, but what about the general public, who are not aware of these factors, because they don't follow the show on the net. Majority of the times promos is the only link between the show and the viewer. I started watching Ek Hazaroon mein meri behna after seeing the promo , where the younger sister dances on the Geet ceremony of her elder sister.

Same way had the cv's shown the promo of Arnav -'La break up ..I bet it would have helped to pull the crowd. Even now , hw many viewers out there know about the song - Salame Isqek..nt many !!!!I hope the cv's get out of this secrecy mode and start promoting the show, coz whatever said..'out of sight is out of mind"

bikerider thumbnail
once again a thought provoking post .

i think ipk is doing great at 8pm slot with tough competition.
i myself record KTLK and watch it after IPK.
but also agree that  i do not mind skipping KTLK  which i do often and for a second even when ad is running in IPK i do not  change channel 😆
i agree that nor i get so hyped up for KTLK like i do for IPK.

but i do sometime wonder why  SNS is leading where as IPK is still at not top 3.

i feel its a lot to do with just  being a romantic comedy if i can say so.
also  more than saas i agree that being a lot symbol and signs oriented its difficult to decode IPK sometime.

i did start with casual attitude with IPK now i am serious viewer
and ofcourse all you guys at IPK make decoding easier.

i also agree that IPK dress code is not over the top where people can discuss about saree design or jewellary.it  will appeal to only those section of viewers who can talk about Sarun endlessly and ofcourse
it is not majority group.

but i seriously hope SP does more promo job and ensure that IPK hits the top3 slots ASAP.

ksn1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I am an sucker for serials and I watch all three.
Trust me I am way into IPKKND than the other two. i follow the other two but get angry if CVs mess up some part of the story or tweak /drag for TRP .
BTW the leads on this are way way better than the other two
Sabarnee_25 thumbnail
no.1- IPKKND's time slot is really very tough. So its doing very well as the time slot.
no.2- EHMMBH's past week was full of Mehendi, Wedding and Sr ceremony so its trp increases. But its not going to be forever.

so don't worry our's will increase more when the romantic track will come and the wedding ceremony of ArHi will be on their way.
And yes thats true that a wedding ceremony brings a lot of increasing trps with it..but however lets wait and watch how the track will go...

@Fari- nice post 
it brings us back to the original argument. the trp contributors love Saas Bahou kitchen politics and thats why when a couple gets married the trps soar, because that is what eventually happens. romance takes a back seat as the hubby goes to work and all that is there to discuss is domestic politics.

we dont want that with Arhi but i think the CVs have planned to take both trps and the essence of the story side by side. Payal is going to be the scape goat in this trp ka chakkar. Manorma has already told the audience of her intentions of adding the much wanted (by MILs every where; mine included) kitchen politics. leaving our Arhi free to keep the romance going and having us hooked worse than ever.

i know it will be hard to watch kitchen politics in our much loved show but if we can tolerate Shyam track for so long we can give Payal our sympathy. plus it will be fun to see what Akash does. will he take a stand for Payal (thus making things worse for her) or was his bravado only short lived and selfish i.e. to get what he wanted?
Henna 786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well i havent watched an indian drama in about 3-4 years till i saw Arnav shout "enough" to Khushi on telly.. and since then ive been hooked! 
In my house my nan is a huge saas-bahu serial lover and doesnt enjoy Iss pyaar as much as she does Saathiya (yeh i know) however my mum and I only watch this show and watch American / Korean telly which do have a similar format.. Rom/Com, jolly storyline with a bit of heaviness here and there. 

I rekon this show will appeal to people who want to see a happy family with ONE vamp, this show is fast paced at times which i LOVE so im unsure if thats another thing.. usually dramas that drag do well. 

I rekon IF lavanya comes back as a vamp to get her "love" back the TRPs would be higher.. Female vamps with excessive eye make up seem to do well. 
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It probably has more to do with other shows in the same time slot. Considering that, IPKKND is doing very well.