korean based show?

nishmapatel10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
what korean show is this show based off?! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I haven't heard of this being based on an Korean Show; but we have heard comparison's to Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries.
firangi92 thumbnail
Maybe you're talking about Goong? I think you are. The story is quite similar but not entirely. Plus, I'm 51% sure it's not based on Goong, but you never know.

The main leads in Goong were bethroted to each other but that was because of their grandfathers. The girl's grandfather was a commoner though, he was really good with the guy's grandfather who was royalty.

And the girl she was actually supposed to marry this other guy, Yul, who was the crowned prince at the time. But since Yul's dad died, Shin, the male lead, became the crowned prince because his father then became King...

There are some concepts that overlap but there are significant differences, too. Hope that helped! :)Edited by xxdevilishxx - 12 years ago
_Poulomi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yah a lil bit of "goong" is there, but without the marriage... then there's 'My Princess' exactly same theme but without Akash angle too lovey dovey...a light hearted romantic comedy...
otherwise i cant find any more match!!

oh i dont want them to get married so early!!!
otherwise it wud be a Goong rip off!!

Edited by poulomi12 - 12 years ago
_Poulomi_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: xxdevilishxx

Maybe you're talking about Goong? I think you are. The story is quite similar but not entirely. Plus, I'm 51% sure it's not based on Goong, but you never know.

The main leads in Goong were bethroted to each other but that was because of their grandfathers. The girl's grandfather was a commoner though, he was really good with the guy's grandfather who was royalty.

And the girl she was actually supposed to marry this other guy, Yul, who was the crowned prince at the time. But since Yul's dad died, Shin, the male lead, became the crowned prince because his father then became King...

There are some concepts that overlap but there are significant differences, too. Hope that helped! :)

gosh i luved the drama so much...!!!
the manhwa is still going on but i dont always get the scanned and translated pages and moreover it tends to drag a lil.
Edited by poulomi12 - 12 years ago
firangi92 thumbnail
@poulomi12: I completely agree! At first, I thought it was based on Goong, but the majority of the things are different! I only watched a few episodes of the show, but I've been reading the manhwa! Lately, however, the updates haven't been that regular. But I love it! However, I liked the part before they separated a lot better! :) The girl was so funny! And Shin. Ohdearlord. That guy was good-looking and I liked his character, too. Sweet except not really. ;)
2Desi4Life thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Since you guys seem to watch asian shows watch the movie 1 liter of tears i think its japenese...trust me it sooo goooddd!!!!!!
firangi92 thumbnail
Ahaha, I'll add that to my list of Asian shows I need to watch. ;D
ponya thumbnail
it's English name is 'princes hours'
_Poulomi_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: ponya

it's English name is 'princes hours'

yeah also known as palace or the imperial household