Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lippi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Chits1

very good reply../.chalo,somemppl writing huge paras will stop and think abt it now 😆

Some people have no sense and will still post 😆
-Moderator- thumbnail
Originally posted by: lippi

GOOD REPLY 👏

You've shown a mirror to some people.

And who are these people ? can we know ?😳  I wanted to know coz I think the way discussions are flowing in this thread, the original post itself is highly confusing and title is misleading. Sorry, but i dont see any need to taunt people coz of opinion differences. Lets agree to disagree even though I am not in support of po*nography  neither I condemn it . I just accept it as a controversial profession. 😳

@hima_123

Of course everyone has a personal freedom to condemn or accept po*nography. But that was not the center of discussion when this topic was started. The objective clearly is to understand the reasoning behind linking someone's human nature to their profession. 😊 If we can judge all other housemates without knowing their profession, why is it that when it comes to sunny we have to bring her profession into discussion ? I am not saying sunny is a good human or bad human but statements like "sunny is bitchy and cunning because she is a po*nstar"  were confusing and all we wanted to know is how that conclusion was drawn. There are people who are equally bitchy and cunning but they are not into po*n business 😳

About your topic, yes your opinion  is respected. 😊

Edited by -Moderator- - 12 years ago
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
I have no respect for Sunny, being her decent is my foot, she is far away from this word...

hppppp thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Quite frankly that post was quite incoherent and illogical.

Acknowledging the 'freedom to choose' is a neutral stance. It is a stance that neither condones nor condemns po*nography. Basically it states that whether or not one produces or views po*nography is a personal choice.

Does one have the right to disapprove and condemn po*nography? Of course! Does one have the right to find po*nography immoral? Of course!

No one ever denied these rights to anyone.

Freedom comes with limitations though. Disapproving or disagreeing with something in no way gives anyone the right to "hate". Flaunting the right to "hate" is implicitly conferring moral approval for racism, homophobia, xenophobia, sexism etc by saying people have the "right" to hate, demean and discriminate against other humans based on their personal opinion. Basic human rights says that you respect the sovereignty of the individual. You may condemn po*nography, but that does not give you a right to "hate" people based on that opinion.

Moreover, no one has denied anyone the right to condemn or have their opinion. The crux of the matter really is the "hatred" spewed on account of this opinion and denying basic human freedoms on account of their opinion. People are just questioning the basis of the opinion and the application of the opinion.

There really is no rational defense for "hate" or "unfair treatment".  But instead of acknowledging that incapability, people accuse others of denying their rights to opinions.

your well crafted sentences do not seem to contain much logical 'content' in my opinion.
your're saying "Hating" is not someone's personal choice...we're not supposed to "hate" anything--??? By which laws, morals, ethics, code of conduct...you have DEFINED that it is not OK to hate anything...(the very generalization beneath the surface of your statement encompasses every sphere ---murder , terrorism...are we supposed to hate NOTHING???!!)...now don't tell me you were not talking in the context of murder and terrorism...you GENERALIZED your statements to say we "hating is not a right" --and the way you took the liberty to stretch the argument to the context of ...I ALSO take the liberty to stretch YOUR own argument to the contexts of things worth hating like criminal acts, violent acts, corrupt acts .. to demonstrate the invalidity and the hollowness of the authenticity you claim while making such statements----that hate is not a permissible right!! Who gave you the right...to even deny the right of hating..

May I ask which section of  denies the right to hating what our conscious deems to be immoral???

I think hating something ...and expressing that hate...are completely individual rights...in my opinion hating is a GIVEN right especially in context to things our conscious regards immoral!!

Why can't we even  talk negative what we consider wrong?? Why can't we express opinions about people we consider unethical?? Who even has the right to deny our freedom of expression.

I really do not want to argue with ideas that are just theoretical...unless I find something logically sound content.
hppppp thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Moderator-

And who are these people ? can we know ?😳  I wanted to know coz I think the way discussions are flowing in this thread, the original post itself is highly confusing and title is misleading. Sorry, but i dont see any need to taunt people coz of opinion differences. Lets agree to disagree even though I am not in support of po*nography  neither I condemn it . I just accept it as a controversial profession. 😳

@hima_123

Of course everyone has a personal freedom to condemn or accept po*nography. But that was not the center of discussion when this topic was started. The objective clearly is to understand the reasoning behind linking someone's human nature to their profession. 😊 If we can judge all other housemates without knowing their profession, why is it that when it comes to sunny we have to bring her profession into discussion ? I am not saying sunny is a good human or bad human but statements like "sunny is bitchy and cunning because she is a po*nstar"  were confusing and all we wanted to know is how that conclusion was drawn. There are people who are equally bitchy and cunning but they are not into po*n business 😳

About your topic, yes your opinion  is respected. 😊

as far as my understanding goes...the topic starter has only expressed her dislike for a profession called po*nography...and I share her contempt with equal vigor !!

I think you're trying to understand why people are judging her on her profession and not on her behavior---I think the answer is--people will judge the contestants on whatever strikes/impresses/ affects/ offends  the viewers MOST...while for other contestants most striking/offensive thing is the behavior they are showing on the program itself...for some of the contestants it is about who they are---what have they done----where have they come from. If Amitabh Bachchan comes as a contestant on Bigg Boss..he will be seen in the light of being a super star.  From what I know...I have not heard that viewers are SUPPOSED to judge exclusively based on what is shown to us. If Anna Hazare enters Bigg Boss(which I am sure he wont)...I will make sure that I coax ALL my friends to vote for him. If someone I dislike enters the show...I will be colored in my judgment...and I guess as a viewer I have all the power to do so!!...Are there any rules that I have missed reading that say we can't judge them on any of their off screen stuff??
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rapier

If it TRULY is their choice and not a result of brainwashing or simply a lack of an alternative, then that is acceptable! and i respect that. i have read an article somewhere about a girl, whose mother was American and whose father was a Libyan. She was born and raised in America with and American education and with all American values. However, as she grew up, she learned about the culture of the place where her father came from as well and she, to the shock of her mother, wanted to wear a Hijab. The mother, although shocked, let the girl wear the Hijab. She could not find a reason to say no. the girl wanted to express her modesty and find a different kind of freedom by covering up. THIS is what I call CHOICE! and this is what i respect! there is no oppression, and she had a CHOICE! the mother didn't force her otherwise, nor did the father force her or her mother to wear a Hijab. she also would not have been looked down upon if she had opted not to wear one. As far as I know, women in the middle east, don't have an alternative (please enlighten me if this is not the case). they have to wear one whether they like it or not. if they like it, then great. and if not, they have no choice. and THIS is oppression, IMO.

I do not bash. Sorry you had that notion about me. But I do not bash anyone. But i am always up for a debate.😉

😆 I wasnt talking about you specifically...it was a general statement to all.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: hima_123

your well crafted sentences do not seem to contain much logical 'content' in my opinion.
your're saying "Hating" is not someone's personal choice...we're not supposed to "hate" anything--??? By which laws, morals, ethics, code of conduct...you have DEFINED that it is not OK to hate anything...(the very generalization beneath the surface of your statement encompasses every sphere ---murder , terrorism...are we supposed to hate NOTHING???!!)...now don't tell me you were not talking in the context of murder and terrorism...you GENERALIZED your statements to say we "hating is not a right" --and the way you took the liberty to stretch the argument to the context of ...I ALSO take the liberty to stretch YOUR own argument to the contexts of things worth hating like criminal acts, violent acts, corrupt acts .. to demonstrate the invalidity and the hollowness of the authenticity you claim while making such statements----that hate is not a permissible right!! Who gave you the right...to even deny the right of hating..

May I ask which section of  denies the right to hating what our conscious deems to be immoral???

I think hating something ...and expressing that hate...are completely individual rights...in my opinion hating is a GIVEN right especially in context to things our conscious regards immoral!!

Why can't we even  talk negative what we consider wrong?? Why can't we express opinions about people we consider unethical?? Who even has the right to deny our freedom of expression.

I really do not want to argue with ideas that are just theoretical...unless I find something logically sound content.

I'll borrow some quotes

"Hate the sin, not the sinner" - The Bible

"Judge them not equally. They may all deserve hell, but some of us deserve it sooner than others" - Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Modji explained in better layman's terms. You have the right to your opinions and feel strongly, even hate po*nography. But professional choice does not make the character or personality of a person.

Hypothetically, if Anna did some tharki behavior like Sky, you have to put aside your admiration for him and critique him for it.

Hypothetically, if Sunny did something like mediate a fight nicely and avert hurt feelings, you have to put aside your dislike for her and appreciate her for what she did.

Basic point, don't tie everything Sunny does with her career choice. View it in current context. Its the fair thing to do.

I'll leave the debate on notions of po*nography itself aside because that has no bearing on whos who in the house.
papia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
In BB house she is definitely decent compare to other housemates.

But in reality she is most indecent.

So if anyone judge by outside world then her character is definitely bad but in BB house she is good compare to other housemates.

But for me its not her fault why BB bring her in the house and since every people here are saying that we should not bring the past (when SKY bring Balbir issue in Mahek) so I think we should not also bring Sunny's past.
Edited by papia - 12 years ago
Name of Sunny's new po*n Movie must be Decent Ladki in which Moderator is Her hero.
sssz thumbnail
Originally posted by happyviewer

Originally posted by Rapier

Originally posted by lippi

Originally posted by sssz

Desi_girl 420

i am new to this forum dont really know how to go about replying to a particular post

anyhow this really surprises me ...you opinion is urs but common you cant juz say ppl are free to choose any profession and talking againt regression n all that ...

sounds like you  think its fine to choose any profession be a choor dakoo anything you wud call a profession and sounds like ppl like you wudnt mind their daughter to be pick a profession like sunny ,i am sure you wudnt mind this as you so liberal and see this as freedom of ur choice ...

I appreciate your reply.

I'm just shocked at the amount of people who are defending her profession. 🤢

honey, ur back to square one!😆 not her profession...her freedom of choice! there is a difference!
i now this is really off topic and i might get slammed right and left for saying this but why is their only freedom of choice when someone bares it all...why is there no freedom for those who want to cover up...why is wearing a burqa always seen as oppression, its their "choice" right?...so let them have the freedom of covering up...😊...
i am ready for the bashing...but i come in peace.
...please be gentle😃

If it TRULY is their choice and not a result of brainwashing or simply a lack of an alternative, then that is acceptable! and i respect that. i have read an article somewhere about a girl, whose mother was American and whose father was a Libyan. She was born and raised in America with and American education and with all American values. However, as she grew up, she learned about the culture of the place where her father came from as well and she, to the shock of her mother, wanted to wear a Hijab. The mother, although shocked, let the girl wear the Hijab. She could not find a reason to say no. the girl wanted to express her modesty and find a different kind of freedom by covering up. THIS is what I call CHOICE! and this is what i respect! there is no oppression, and she had a CHOICE! the mother didn't force her otherwise, nor did the father force her or her mother to wear a Hijab. she also would not have been looked down upon if she had opted not to wear one. As far as I know, women in the middle east, don't have an alternative (please enlighten me if this is not the case). they have to wear one whether they like it or not. if they like it, then great. and if not, they have no choice. and THIS is oppression, IMO.

I do not bash. Sorry you had that notion about me. But I do not bash anyone. But i am always up for a debate.😉

Well what surpirises me is why ppl so senti about middle eastern muslims...when they dont know the religion and why muslim girls wear hijab and cover them selves...some ppl quickly jump to a conclusion OH thats Opression!!!!!

however such things are not said for nuns who dress up a certain way...becoz of religious beliefs

i guess one should not point out at religious beliefs n followers as opression...!!!!!!