Debate Mansion

Inter-Racial Marriage.

reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

While having a different discussion, this topic came to light: Inter-racial Marriage.

It is often a VERY big issue between South-Asian families who live out West; because there, the children have many more Multi-Racial peers, and love for the most part is blind.
 So the questions are: Is Interacial Marriage a Big deal? Why is it a big deal? Is it worse, or better then an Inter-Religious Marriage? Is it a bigger deal then same Sex Marriage for some people? Have many people have given up the person they love simply due to the fact that their parent's don't like the person's skin colour, or faith? How many relationships have been on the line due to these petty and archaic ideas?

I think this is an issue of the Modern world; there are stigmas circling around those who go against the families wishes and marry the person they love; but also more so when the person is of a Different Race, Culture, or Relgion: Not to mention the stigmas inter-racial children face.

What needs to change to help this? Is it a problem that even requires fixing? Is this only an issue associated to the Western South Asianers? Or a Fad?

Your Thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: LUCEEFER

Hello Mr. Beyond the veil ... I think this case is different from the link you provided. The world is not based on the US you know ... there are South Asians people in other parts of the western or northern or southern or even the eastern world with different and more diverse issue which the lousiana case or any US example for that matter can never think of being relevant to anything other than the face that it was just another interracial relationship among many in the list.

The topic poster here mentions "South Asians" not just "Indians" ... plus its a wider audience she is aiming, not just the US folks! So pardon me ... there are Indians and South Asian people living beyond the US!

If you have read the thread, then you would know it involves much more than just US-related issues.
^ No one is really worked up over US other than you, or so it seems. If you go through the first few pages at the very least, it has much more to offer than US-related issues.

Coming back to the topic, personally, to me, intercultural marriage seems to be a bigger issue than interreligious one. I see myself facing far bigger adjustment problems with a person from a different culture but same religion than different religion but same culture. Of course, religion is part of our culture, too. But for areligious people like me, I don't think religious differences will be much too big for us to handle, assuming my partner, too, is areligious or at least very open-minded. But then there won't be much of a difference to speak of, will there? I guess the entire scenario will turn over if we have two fundamentalist from two different religion marrying each other.

Cultural differences may at times be too big to handle no matter how well you love or understand each other.
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 12 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Luceefer: Links to older debates are usually provided for reference in case someone is interested in knowing what views were presented earlier. The only criteria for such references being, the topic has to be in the same genre but need not be an exact carbon copy.
If you're not interested in looking at older discussions, please feel free to ignore such links.
Edited by souro - 12 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: LUCEEFER

U'r the irrelevant one in here dude ... you didn't contribute to the topic ... u'r just playing BUDDHA PANDIT in here and nothing else.

U cant take others being free ... they need to be polite on your terms while you'd keep playing the dictator. Won't work with everybody HELL NO!

I've been VERY VERY relevant to your accusation in my thread which you so IMPOLITELY censored... I've mentioned that there is no need to mention the link and undermine someone's work only if you have no idea about it ... one of the primary reasons being those links mentioned automatically in the window right under the topic as per IF website. SO THE POSTING OF SUCH A LINK IS QUITE UNNECCESSARY AND JUST AN EFFORT TO BRING THE TOPIC DOWN. If someone is having such an issue he/she can PM you directly, or PM the topic poster without going an extra mile and making the topic look worthless.

Try keep clear of people who'r not having anything to do with u dude.

HERE (NOW THATS CALLED A RELEVANT POINT, niche aank rakhne se dikh jayega... sacchai hazam nahi hone se yeh bhi ban karde):

Related Topics

Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post

inter-racial marriage

2 3 4 5

Bolly*_Crazed 37 1117 29 March 2010 at 7:52pm
By Mahi_mahi

love marriage vs arrange marriage mspari 3 2481 16 October 2008 at 11:32pm
By Huduga

Arranged marriage or love marriage uk-girl 3 1240 31 July 2008 at 5:14am
By Anuradha

Love marriage VS Arrange marriage JONAKIHATESYOU 4 1423 16 February 2008 at 2:40am
By raj5000

Racial Discrimination in Big Brother show

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17

kirtib 131 5761 28 January 2007 at 11:50pm
By punjini

I had already pointed out that there is nothing wrong if someone wants to post a link to an older debate. Even if you disagreed with my point, you could've put it across politely instead of insulting that member and me. And you continue to do so.

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
First summarize types of marriages/relationships/ins (might be incomplete)

1) Inter-religious
2) Inter-racial
3) Same-gender
4) Inter-ethnic
5) Inter-language
6) Inter-country
7) Inter-continent
8) Inter-Universe (for later)
9) Marriage with tree
10) Love marriage
11) Virtual marriage
12) No marriage
13) Live-ins
14) Live-outs
15) Casual interactions
16) Ideal marriage

Then comes reasons for being for and against

Logistic reasons
Family reasons
Religious reasons
Culture reasons
Personal view
Science

Then comes type of opinions

For own self
For others

Now comes my take

I have a certain opinion for myself but I will keep it private.

For others, from that list, I am against causal interactions, same gender marriage or relationships, live in and live out for reasons I have mentioned in other topics. For remaining relationships, I think this decision should be left to people involved i.e. two persons and their families.

P.S: I think there should be one sticky topic on love, dove, marriage, relationships, interactions, need, pleasure, intimacy etc. We can appoint a resident IF love guru who can address these issues regularly. Thank You!
Edited by K-A-L - 12 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: K-A-L

1) Inter-religious
2) Inter-racial
3) Same-gender
4) Inter-ethnic
5) Inter-language
6) Inter-country
7) Inter-continent
9) Marriage with tree
10) Love marriage
11) Virtual marriage
12) No marriage
13) Live-ins
14) Live-outs
15) Casual interactions
16) Ideal marriage

Logistic reasons
Family reasons
Religious reasons
Culture reasons
Personal view
Science

For own self
For others

Now comes my take

For others, from that list, I am against causal interactions, same gender marriage or relationships, live in and live out for reasons I have mentioned in other topics. For remaining relationships, I think this decision should be left to people involved i.e. two persons and their families.

P.S: I think there should be one sticky topic on love, dove, marriage, relationships, interactions, need, pleasure, intimacy etc. We can appoint a resident IF love guru who can address these issues regularly. Thank You!

Great.👏

How about multiple partners or spouses ?

Relationships are strange. Many even after a divorce still feel the attachment and are not able to completely let go.

I hope someone starts a religion that accepts and merges various religions into ONE. Like the United Nations perhaps or better.

Religion and culture play an important role in moulding our characters.
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Xoxo

@Bolded parts

🤣🤣🤣

I want to be appointed for frivolity  please 😆. Sorry, just noticed you were the last one reply on this thread and clicked to see what you wrote... I haven't even read the first thread, lemme check.

Oh why do you guys use such complicated words like "frivolity". I dont know what you mean by that  but I think you can be given a post of

- Spam Guru (to control and monitor spam)
- Game master (for your game organization skills)

On a serious note, I do think we need sticky topics on things like marriage and maybe religion as well. Otherwise you end up reading same material again and again. Look at some social topics in 5 pages

What is the point of getting married?
Inter-Racial Marriage.
Married with kids - stay or leave?
SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life
Sex without love- justified?
Believe in Love ? What is Love?
How to forget the person whom u crush upon?
Love Marriage or Arranged?
Why only love stories?
How is "fascination" different from a crush?
Too much love can kill or end in tragedy
Should marriage between same last names be allowed
Do opposites REALLY attract?

This content was originally posted by: Summer3

Great.👏
How about multiple partners or spouses ?
Relationships are strange. Many even after a divorce still feel the attachment and are not able to completely let go.
I hope someone starts a religion that accepts and merges various religions into ONE. Like the United Nations perhaps or better.
Religion and culture play an important role in moulding our characters.

Thanks Summer! As I said list was incomplete lol. However multiple partners is more of a quantitative issue than qualtitative. I mean one person can have multiple love marriages or marry to multiple trees. 

My philosiphy is very simple. For myself I do have certain viewpoint. For others, I honestly neither look down on anything nor my nature to judge people. Its their life

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKFwtgUJHs[/YOUTUBE]

Edited to shorten.
Edited by K-A-L - 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: K-A-L

1) Inter-religious
2) Inter-racial
3) Same-gender
4) Inter-ethnic
5) Inter-language
6) Inter-country
7) Inter-continent
9) Marriage with tree
10) Love marriage
11) Virtual marriage
12) No marriage
13) Live-ins
14) Live-outs
15) Casual interactions
16) Ideal marriage

Logistic reasons
Family reasons
Religious reasons
Culture reasons
Personal view
Science

For own self
For others

Now comes my take

🤣 🤣 What a compilation and add Summers list to that 😆
@ the bolded-    People would still love to debate with the love guru as the purpose here is to debate 😃