Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

GIRLS today, can they perform substantial roles?!

Posted: 12 years ago
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† When I saw Anuskha perform in Ladies Vs. Ricky Bahl, or Asin in Ready, or Deepika in Desi Boyz, these were not substantial roles by any means.  Sure, I understand these actresses want to balance up their choice of film roles.  But, they are a long way from being established and cannot afford to do ridiculous roles!  Asin, Deepika, Anuskha, are approaching the 4 to 5 year mark in Bollywood, but have they really done anything substantial to set themselves apart from the competition?   These new generation of actresses suck!!!  πŸ˜•  I hate to say it.  I do like Anuskha, but she is not doing anything new at the moment.  Her Vishal Bhadwarj film might set her apart from the competition, but that is only one film!  Sonam might have done a substantial role in Mausam or Delhi 6, but that doesn't mean it is along the lines of something impactful!  The girls 10-11 years ago like Aish, Rani, Preity, etc. did substantial roles for many films.  Can the Anuskhas, Asins, or Deepikas, or Sonams do films like HDDCS, Taal, KKKH, Kya Kehna, KHNH, Veer Zaara, Devdas, Jodhaa Akbar, Guru, Black, or even Hum Tum?! 

The major question is, can the girls today perform substantial roles like the previous generation?!

Please share your thoughts.

πŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

If the director is good...  Yes, they can  
Originally posted by: bamboocopter

If the director is good...  Yes, they can  

Mogli!  πŸ˜† Sonam doing a film with RKS or Mani Ratnam is the biggest joke of the year!!!  🀣  I wonder why big banners are giving her the time of day!!!  πŸ˜‰  I want Anuskha to do a big film outside of Yash Raj.  Movies like Ladies Vs. Ricky Bahl will not help her!  πŸ€“
i think in the last few years, BW has become a business.. its not about making movies... the movies you mentioned are good movies, made with passion for the craft, a concept and the want to tell a story... movies like Ready are made to please fans and cash in on actor's popularity...so at the state BW is in, there isnt a scope for these actresses to do anything BUT gimmicks.. forget a good director trying to get a performance out of them... 

but then Ready in Tamil was good. the heroine wasnt a bimbo who stood still, posed and mouthed a few lines... so again, it comes back to the craze of giving hit movies not good movies...  its like what raveena said once: back in the day, girls came into the industry, then dolled themselves, now girls come into the industry dolled up ready to pose and look good not act!!! 

Didn't Esha Deol work with Mani? Was Yuva a joke!  πŸ€”

Originally posted by: goneforever

Mogli!  πŸ˜† Sonam doing a film with RKS or Mani Ratnam is the biggest joke of the year!!!  🀣  I wonder why big banners are giving her the time of day!!!  πŸ˜‰  I want Anuskha to do a big film outside of Yash Raj.  Movies like Ladies Vs. Ricky Bahl will not help her!  πŸ€“

That's never a joke Mogli :D

Rani benefitted the most from that film anyway!  Noone remembers Esha, was she even in the film?!  I must have been drunk while watching it!  🀣🀣🀣

Didn't say Esha was the one who performed well; just tried to answer your question through another question.  πŸ˜› 

Originally posted by: goneforever

Rani benefitted the most from that film anyway!  Noone remembers Esha, was she even in the film?!  I must have been drunk while watching it!  🀣🀣🀣

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Mogli you forgot Abhishek and Kareena in Yuva...the overrated/overhyped flop king and queen of the time πŸ˜† 

On topic:
Today's heroines are pretty much only required to look pretty and shake their boobs and ass. They are not expected to act. I'd actually say our actors are expected to have more of an acting bone in them than the heroines.

Can the heroines today do substantial roles? Vidya Balan most definitely can. Priyanka tries her best to. The rest...with a good director, good script with a good substantial role for them, could possibly do one. But...are they willing to be more than the decorative furniture in a movie and are the industrywallas ready to offer them substantial roles?
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Vidya can...Priyanka and Kareena keep trying from time to time. I have no hopes from Katrina. About the rest-Sonam, DP, Sonakshi, Anushka...I feel we shouldnt dismiss them off. With a good role and a good director they have the potential to perform. But they might not get the oppty.