Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RainbowWarrior thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Edited for FINAL entry...

This content was originally posted by: Usman.

2 - Do you think having a hot accent makes someone more attractive? Which accent do you find hottest and why?

☯️ point 1 (for)
Yes, absolutely! Having an accent makes ones speech stand out from others regardless of what is being said. It's like a breath of fresh air and because it arouses curiosity in the listener it increases the attractiveness of the speaker. The listener is interested to know of the origin of the accent and because it sounds so different from our own accent, we like to hear more of it. Irish and Scottish accents are really hot 😆

Funny accents are also attractive, a fave being the 'dehati' accent. I find it very amusing when people from rural places try to mix for example, English words with Punjabi to get their point across. The Punjabified English makes for a great ice breaker and mood lightner 😊

☯️ point 2 (against) 
Accents can be so hard to understand like the Dutch and Filipino for example. At times you can't make out what's being said especially when the speaker is talking really fast. A lot of information is simply lost in deciphering the accent 😕 
The other issue with accents is their appeal to those who want to be perceived as trendy or belonging to a country that boasts of a hip accent. Fake accents paraded by wannabe individuals are just plain irritating and make the accent extremely unattractive.

☯️ point 3 (neutral) 
What's being said is more important than an accent. As long as I can understand what's being said, a real or fake accent doesn't really bother me.

Edited by RainbowWarrior - 12 years ago
RainbowWarrior thumbnail
Edited for FINAL entry... (while listening to Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden 😆)

3 - Why do you think your team will win? Ie what qualities does your team have, that you have noticed other teams lack

1 (for) our team is gonna win because we have immensely talented RW.. lol, how do I use this? 😛 i remember some one on BB forum said these lines about her .. "this girl is creative till the last bone in her body" so thats the biggest edge we have over the others... we also have the humorous, wittiest and whose one liners are famous on many forums its Thatoneguy.. we have Raju the coolest member, the most enthusiastic & energetic.. we have a couple of newbies in form of faz & mahekno1.. they are hardworking, intelligent & funny.. so we have all to win this game.. 😛 
Our team is going to win because we have the most creative, humorous and enthusiastic ninja's you can find anywhere in the colour spectrum 😃 Our ideas hit the forum first and the others follow suit 😉. Purple Ninja's don't hide in the shadows, we bask in the moonlight. Go Ninja's!

2 (against) despite having creative people in our team.. we might not win because some members (including myself) are slightly inactive because of their exams or some other personal problems.. thats the biggest disadvantage... and blue team is stealing the thunder at this time..
Sometimes when greatness comes your way, life gets in the way. Due to personal reasons, like exams, some of our members have been unable to actively participate as much as they wanted to. Also, getting a quick lead has put us in a slightly complacent mood while the other teams are catching up fast.

3 (neutral) Anyone can win because that's the nature of the game. Hard-work and creativity can get you only so far, the fastest may take the cake in the end 😃

RainbowWarrior thumbnail
Edited for FINAL entry...

4 - Why are Ekta's show so popular and what do you think of Indian Soap?

1 (for) Ek shows are popular because 
(a) the fresh faces she introduces. Who wants to see the same saas-bahu on every channel?
(b) she knows how to make her viewers happy by uniting their favorite Jodi's (again and again) 😆
(c) she knows that audience's taste has changed hence she has brought varieties in her shows without losing the core essentials which are common in each show and the audience is used to for over a decade now

2- (against) Ek shows may be popular but they are utter nonsense..
Umpteen number of marriages, extra marital affairs, rapes, plastic surgeries in which not only the face changes but the whole body and the voice to boot 😆, punar janams and what not. It's a far cry from reality but it's not fantasy either. The shows popularity is hindering the growth of alternate shows. While the film industry has matured with leaps and bounds, TV is still stuck in the swinging 60's. The only exception being Reality Shows.

3- (neutral) Nonsensical or sensible, with not much choice on TV, I'll be watching them till they provide me with entertaining stuff or an alternative source of entertainment rears it's head. Are you listening YashRaj Telefilms? 

RainbowWarrior thumbnail
Edited for FINAL entry... (while listening to Tum Ho Toh from Rock On! 😃 and brushing my cat's fur... one-handed typing people! 😆)

Nice work Usman 👏 Ninja Sensei khush hui 😆😊

5 - To follow your heart, or to follow your mind?

1- for heart against mind
A persons emotions and feelings comes from the heart, so one should follow their heart in decision making because a person with a good heart can sense the sensitivity of the matter well, and can make decisions according to it. Follow your heart.

2- for mind against heart
Allah has given us brain, to think. All our decisions should be based on our mind because with our mind we can think rationally and figure in all the consequences. Decisions made by heart are too emotional and we can get carried away with our emotions and end up being in a loss. Listen to your mind.

3- neutral
Our decision should differ based on the situation. A balanced approach with both heart and mind is the best way forward. (The other alternative is to simply ask your parents 😉)

RainbowWarrior thumbnail
Who say's we only need have one Anthem? 😛

Re-phrasing from a rap style poem I wrote when I was 12... 😳

Gang up
I heard my best friend, rang up
Is this the new colour?
New colour? New colour? 

Let go, let go
Of all that's black and white
Times a changing...
Don't be no fool !
Lost in waiting

Gang up!
C'mon, c'mom, c'mon
Hey, hey, hey!
Get together
Stand up!
This colours forever
Don't wait no more !

Get up!
Hey, hey, hey!
Bring a change
Nothing lasts forever
Don't wait, don't wait
Purple Up !! 👍🏼
Mahek_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
RW, the debate points that you have chosen are brilliant and Usman has done a great job.   RW I think we should go with the debate points you have chosen on pages 10 & 11.

Well done Usman 👏👏, I'm very impressed.

We have to choose a story and the captions, I can't think of any questions that we need to pass to Xoxo, but I will keep thinking and will PM everyone with the questions.

I have done some captions which I have posted on the Knockout thread and on this thread but I am not very good with stories, therefore I won't be able to do much on the stories.

RW, can you let know what else we need to do before Friday,  I will try my best to contribute further.

Mahek_No1 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ThatOneGuy

My parody of Friday :)
Please note: This is from Juhi's point of view, so imagine her singing 😆

8 a.m., waking up in bigg boss
Gotta go dishes, gotta whine a little
Put make-up on, gotta grab serials
Ekta's seein' everything, Sky is babbling on and on, 
everybody's fightin'
Gotta get laid when I go out
Gotta catch herpes.
I see my Sky

Kickin' hard the ass of Sid
He swears he will make him bleed
Gotta make my mind up
Whose side will get me TRPs?

It's Bedi, Bedi
Gotta steal Sky from Bedi
Everybody's lookin' forward to the romance, romance
Bigg boss, Bigg boss
Gettin' down on Bigg boss
I'm lookin' forward to stayin' stayin'.

RW,  I think we should use this parody, what say.
Mahek_No1 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ThatOneGuy

Kolaveri parody :)

yo boys i am singing song
game song
justice song 
why this game very, game very, game very hard jee?
why this game very, game very, game very hard jee?
ekdum correct
So many-la rules-u rules-u 
rules-u not-u fair-u
purple font our team-u team-u
my favorite-u color-u black-u
ok maama now stop whining-u

Pyaari shad-u
only english eh? 

Lovely shad-u

You PM me-u
Join the game-u
Eyess-u Full'la Tear-u
Empty Life-u, Shad come-u
Distract me from exams-u
Love-u love-u...oh my love-u
You better make me win-u
Cow-u cow-u holy cow-u
This game addicting-u
God I am playing now-u
She is happy now-u
This song for justice-u
I guess we don't have choice-u

We will play this game very, game very, very nicely
If you can stop us, try stopping us ninjas jee!

RW, this one is great too.  R we gonna choose this one.
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Mahek_No1

RW,  I think we should use this parody, what say.

We have to write parodies to all songs, not just one  I have done for Friday and Kolaveri, someone needs to do for Chammak Challo.