Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FireSafireFiree thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Dilsay

I know Med.School is not easy yaar and I don't know about the procedure of getting into Med.School in UK but in US its not an easy cup of tea.

UK- SUPER HARD... its reallly hard to get in... i did so much to come here.. but its.. i like sometime think standing can i do it? or i cant...  then again i look back to see my hard work.. if i drop out now all my hard work in the bin
><
xx
Dilsay thumbnail
Originally posted by: FIRESafiReFIRE

UK- SUPER HARD... its reallly hard to get in... i did so much to come here.. but its.. i like sometime think standing can i do it? or i cant...  then again i look back to see my hard work.. if i drop out now all my hard work in the bin
><
xx

yaar u are one of the lucky one don't think of leaving ..just concentrate u will be paid off one day.
A friend of mine she is married to a doc.in UK now she has moved bc to US was telling me that as compare to US doctors are not paid that well in UK
Maansexi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yaar u are one of the lucky one don't think of leaving ..just concentrate u will be paid off one day.
Afriend of mine she is married to a doc.in UK now she has moved bc to US was telling me that as compare to US doctors are not paid that well in UK

In us people have to pay to see dr, Pay for education pay for basically everything. Everything is private in US.

In uk healthcare is free, education and other many stuff. Everything comes through tax, so dr pay is low compare to other country + tax on top >< but a dr have very good standard of living in uk and with money to... I think like 70-120 grand. Which is allot...
And also it depends on the dr to... How much you get paid... Hope England NHS becomes private soon then it would be better then us! But that's unlikely lol

So don't quit fire. I think you already know that lol.
Dilsay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maansexi

In us people have to pay to see dr, Pay for education pay for basically everything. Everything is private in US.

In uk healthcare is free, education and other many stuff. Everything comes through tax, so dr pay is low compare to other country + tax on top >< but a dr have very good standard of living in uk and with money to... I think like 70-120 grand. Which is allot...
And also it depends on the dr to... How much you get paid... Hope England NHS becomes private soon then it would be better then us! But that's unlikely lol

So don't quit fire. I think you already know that lol.

US is not a welfare country.
Here education is free for everybody up to highschool and if u cannot afford tp pay the college fee u get scholarship and other type of financial assistance , infact those who come under low income group r much better off ,people get food stamp and free medical facilities if they come under low income group.
A general physician makes around 250 k easily
here it all depends on ur living standard if u can afford to pay then u pay otherwise govt.provide u with financial help

-divya- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
interesting comments preeviously, me as a medical student suffers from the same thing...its quite difficult things in spain, i think uk is better off, its such a long career but still iwould not choose anything else either than this...

firy don't worry i know the stress your in, we are thankful for the updates
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hi thanks 4 da pm for parts 58-61! Read dem nw only. Awesum passionate n fab updates! Love dthe Maaneet scnes! Geet proud of Maan! Sorry 4 late likes n comments! Update soon n pm wen u do!
-divya- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
waiting dear i hope you post be4 midnight..coz travelling 2morrow 2 the main city, got to sleep early
Maansexi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Here education is free for everybody up to highschool and if u cannot afford tp pay the college fee u get scholarship and other type of financial assistance ,infact those who come under low income group r much better off ,people get food stamp and free medical facilities if they come under low income group.

Ageneral physician makes around 250 k easily

here it all depends on ur living standard if u can afford to pay then u pay otherwise govt.provide u with financial help

That's good, I never knew that. Do you get high tax?
What about major operation? My cousins is there and she was telling me you have to pay for everything.
You earn good money but the spending is same amount...

This will help me with my geography lol.
Do everyone get free education?
Uk in university people still get grant and family with low income if no money have free uni to..
What about benefits? Like
Housing, if a person is homeless, job less, disabled, do they get house and money support? Then child benifit, tax benifits, there are actually lots do they do that in USA.

It will be great help if you can answer.

X
FireSafireFiree thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Dilsay

Here education is free for everybody up to highschool and if u cannot afford tp pay the college fee u get scholarship and other type of financial assistance , infact those who come under low income group r much better off ,people get food stamp and free medical facilities if they come under low income group.
A general physician makes around 250 k easily

i should move to usa... lol
yep its true, bcs of silly TAX... AND WE DO HATE QUEEN FOR THAT.
20% tax OO... so the NHS is free. so the Dr don't get paid as well as USA.. because USA
health care is private.. therefor more money. they pay full amount for there medication..
if a medicine cost 200 pound then the USA people have to pay 200 pound...
whereas in UK.. NHS pay 7.40 per prescription no matter how expensive a medicine is... and for people who earns less then 35 000 a year dont pay anything...
so the poor dr get low pay :(
so bad...

however this is good for poor people who needs expensive drugs.. bcs there drugs are paid by our tax😡
how LUCKY.. again other side its good.. bcs there are no conflicts about status... who is poor and who is rich.. people dying because there are no medicine...
however NHS is busted.. bcs they paying 7.40 for 300 pounds medicine. so soon hopefully in matter of 5-10 years they will become private. purely because the tax money is not enough to run the NHS.
😭

to maansexi

far as i know in USA, helath care is private (people have to pay for all the health care system... and sometime very expensive, specially some particular treatment. which i amazing for a hospital and dr, but sad for the people, bcs if a person cant afford it then thats it. i think there are some support from government but that also goes through huge paperwork.

UK- you dont have the above problem. all the operation from major to minor is free. long as you are not to old, and there are no hope... if there are hopes of the operation being benifical for the paitent then it they will do it and its free.

USA education- free up to school. collage again, if not enough money and cant afford then no and same goes for uni, however some maybe god enough to qualify for scholarship.

UK- up to collage free. uni, recently it have increased from 3000 a year to 9000 a year. but if family earns low.. then back to 3000 and university will provide this and you can pay this money back after you get a job over 35000 a year.

other benefits
UK gives out to much public benefits, such as anyone can apply for housing, tax, income support etc, and they are surly will get it..
not sure about usa... but glad usa dont do this type of stuff bcs public becomes dependent on the government which is bad. 

there are many differences but also similarity... but overall usa dr are well off then uk... purely bcs they are private firm...
i don't know about economic .. bcs both countary are very bad.. uks one is little where usa is very big so they have more effect then uk..

Saj110 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lol at the uk welfare system bashing.. I'm an advocate of the free NHS.. N I think doctors get paid well here... Foreign dovtors don't get paid as much as British doctors but the pay is 50000+.. And their not restricted from gng private if they want to.. The system we have in the UK is the envy of majority of the world.. What country would not want something like the NHS? It's something to be proud of.. Private not everyone can afford so some people suffer for no reason in countries like us whee health insurance is necessary but not always affordable..