I guess its the end of the road for me.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi there,

First things first. I have nothing against Aakash . I think he is a wonderful person , a very nice guy with a permissible share of limitations , BUT... am very very sorry , no matter how hard I try, he just doesn't work for me as the male protagonist. With due respect to his love for Manyata, I am super sorry but his pairing with her just doesn't work for me. The two actors have no chemistry ( strictly my opinion ) , the relationship has no roots and there is no epic feel to it that you would want to see in a love story. Forgive my language , they both appear like two cardboard boxes to me and my TV screen begs me to change the channel when they come on-screen together. Point being that, I feel NOTHING for them and that has nothing to do with my shipping of ManVeer. 

I never even watched this show. Its Uday who brought me here and not knowing the story I felt that he was the lead. Then, there were things like UV and Monu's childhood engagement, UV's soft side and his soft corner for his lost fiancee, the significance of his mark on her, exposure of his vulnerable side via Unnati and his impact over Manyata, his stepping back from the roka, his fury at the thought of Monu belonging to someone else made me believe that him and Monu were soulmates. The two actors have amazing chemistry and wow dynamics. For me , they are the show. 

But I guess creatives want to deliver a typical run-of-the-mill sappy sleeping pill story. Nothing new , as i had thought. They are just milking Udayveer and ManVeer for TRPs because ManVeer got them a jump in ratings last week. They intend to continue with the sleeping pill, at least, that is how it appears now. So, its goodbye for now because I have been in this business long enough to know just when the creatives/channel are testing the audience and just tagging them along - they just don't know what to do now since their second lead has become the main  lead for the audience. Moreover , Monu's character is worse than Mumbai rains since past two episodes. 

I would rather remember UV as the WOW FACTOR than see him butchered into a villain or a heartbroken french poodle. I enjoyed whatever I saw of the show but its goodbye now. I am just not the kind who waits to get things done her way. Either I get it or I don't. So, since ManVeer hang by a lean thread of hope, I am not pinning any on it. 

P.S- I guess we were wrong about the producers and the channel. Not everyone has the guts to do a Mia-Nicholas like they did in Princess Diaries  II. Its not always the pauper . Even a Prince can win a princess' heart, but ah, well. 

P.P.S- I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR BEING SO NICE TO ME. 

Love and luck always,❤️
GOD bless everyone. 🤗

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ArhainAshish thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
NOOO

dun say tis..UV IS D HEROOO cvs knw it dts y dey av ended akashh sho shoonnn in just two dayyysss

keepp tlng CVS who do v want as d herooo n m shure by nw dey knw V WANT UV PRINCE UV AS D HEROO N NOBODY ELSE

I WILL WATCH D DRAMA IF MY HAWTIEPIOE HANDSHUM PRINCE IS D HEROO IF NAH DEN BYE BYE DEK m nah interesed HUHHH
AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am literally ded up of this show too..!! Believe it or not i almost ouked looking at the Akash and Manyata scenes today.

Akash and Manyata have no future nor did they have a start ..!! I mean  He comes being MR goody  shoes and then declares that he loves her.! She her friends correction so called frinds force the idea of love into her brain and pop she goes and declares her so called love I mean WTH seriously..? 

This show started off well. I too came here just for the sake of UDAY and now I guess this story is leading to nowhere but jsut that Akash's previous saas bahu how and yeah not every story should be a princess and a pauper one but hey nic cannot be cansidered as a pauper right?

And whats with the SLUM LOOK..!! seriously they gove SO MUCH ATTENTION,this is suposed to be a problem and prolification of slums is not something they should promote in any show!

I am totally pissed of with this storyline and it is leading to nowhere!!!!

P.S.  You're just gonna ignore me as always so..! *shudders*
Edited by tiger_lily - 12 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
You make some points, Pinks!! I really wish it wasn't the end of the road for you, but me thinks you will come back b/c there's no way ManVeer won't happen. One episode went a bit Blah--doesn't mean the future will be blah! but each to their own. When you do come back, we shall wait for you and your amazing posts.

As for today's episode, making Akash the self-sacrificer was lame. But I think it shows how weak his character is--he changed his mind the minute the journalist lady ended her commentary about how she wishes she could be in Manyata's shoes. I think even a Princess can be with a "commoner", but he wasn't strong enough IMO. I guess it's good to end the AM connection b/c it just wasn't clicking.

ILU happened to fast and completely off-timed. Then, the parents smoldering Monu with their "fake" kindness. And of course, Monu acting like a love-struck star-crossed love like Juliet, Paro, or Laila--she's 20 and a Princess...so much she can do with the world. If only she could embrace it and not get all tangled up with an INFATUATION! Yes, I said it--baby this ain't love!

As for UV--he is the glue keeping this show together. I'm impressed they used him a lot last week, but this week there was a gradual decrease. I don't know what game the CVs are playing, but I hope they understand his worth. I liked the symbolsim in today's episode where he comes and takes her away after she is left heart broken. SO he will be her savior and she will be his in the future. Also, loved how his ego was bruised when Monu rejects him and runs to Akash--I think the sparks are gonna intensify with her transformation.

As for Akash in the future--none of this the good guy who sacrifices get the love. No, he was weak and an idiot so let him suffer. And I don't wanna see UV turned into Heathcliff or Devdas. He was charming, sarcastic, sassy, and classy--keep him that way. If he changes he changes for her--not because of her. I want them together warna I'm done with this show too.

And YES! I agree with your Mia-Nicolas comment too. If only the CVs could get that through their brains!
Edited by sweet coco - 12 years ago
Healer. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
LOL its NOT a story of akash and moniya. it should be evident from today's episode yaar. the CVs are tying out all the lose ends so tat manyata can finally settle in peace at her home without the escaping tendency. firstly the truth from murari. and second the breakup from akash. he set her free today, she got a heartbreak, probably not to return back again. i guess finally this will kickstart the manyata uday track.

asyadada thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I feel your pain and respect your decision. I too will stop watching this show (as I have many others I follow too) if CV's don't change the lead to Uday. Akash is a good guy, but I don't feel the chemistry between the pair and I keep forwarding their scenes until Uday is on screen. However Uday without Manyata is not enough to keep me glued to DEK.
vidi263 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=PinkChocolate]Hi there,

First things first. I have nothing against Aakash . I think he is a wonderful person , a very nice guy with a permissible share of limitations , BUT... am very very sorry , no matter how hard I try, he just doesn't work for me as the male protagonist. With due respect to his love for Manyata, I am super sorry but his pairing with her just doesn't work for me. The two actors have no chemistry ( strictly my opinion ) , the relationship has no roots and there is no epic feel to it that you would want to see in a love story. Forgive my language , they both appear like two cardboard boxes to me and my TV screen begs me to change the channel when they come on-screen together. Point being that, I feel NOTHING for them and that has nothing to do with my shipping of ManVeer. 

I never even watched this show. Its Uday who brought me here and not knowing the story I felt that he was the lead. Then, there were things like UV and Monu's childhood engagement, UV's soft side and his soft corner for his lost fiancee, the significance of his mark on her, exposure of his vulnerable side via Unnati and his impact over Manyata, his stepping back from the roka, his fury at the thought of Monu belonging to someone else made me believe that him and Monu were soulmates. The two actors have amazing chemistry and wow dynamics. For me , they are the show. 

But I guess creatives want to deliver a typical run-of-the-mill sappy sleeping pill story. Nothing new , as i had thought. They are just milking Udayveer and ManVeer for TRPs because ManVeer got them a jump in ratings last week. They intend to continue with the sleeping pill, at least, that is how it appears now. So, its goodbye for now because I have been in this business long enough to know just when the creatives/channel are testing the audience and just tagging them along - they just don't know what to do now since their second lead has become the main  lead for the audience. Moreover , Monu's character is worse than Mumbai rains since past two episodes. 

I would rather remember UV as the WOW FACTOR than see him butchered into a villain or a heartbroken french poodle. I enjoyed whatever I saw of the show but its goodbye now. I am just not the kind who waits to get things done her way. Either I get it or I don't. So, since ManVeer hang by a lean thread of hope, I am not pinning any on it. 

P.S- I guess we were wrong about the producers and the channel. Not everyone has the guts to do a Mia-Nicholas like they did in Princess Diaries  II. Its not always the pauper . Even a Prince can win a princess' heart, but ah, well. 

P.P.S- I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR BEING SO NICE TO ME. 

Love and luck always,❤️
GOD bless everyone. 🤗

/QUOTE

Hey Poco...Sooo nice to see you after ages...I accidently hit this forum and found your post...How are you??? I don't see DEK very regularly and after watching yesterday's episode I lnow where you are coming from...I don't know whether to laugh on the creative's mockery or to be angry...do they think we don't have brains??? Why do their characters have completely illogical, so un-human reactions to diffcult situations?? aisa kaun sochega aise waqt mein??
 and somehow I feel Aakash needs the air pump...usme air bharo tohi woh apne slouch se thoda upar aayega...so lame!!!

One show I really liked for its screenplay was Kismat on sony...and now I like KTLK...a little illigical but not bad...

BTW...what happened to you FF in PKYEK forum?? did you leave it halfway after book 3?

Lots of love

Vidi

shena07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -debolina-

LOL its NOT a story of akash and moniya. it should be evident from today's episode yaar. the CVs are tying out all the lose ends so tat manyata can finally settle in peace at her home without the escaping tendency. firstly the truth from murari. and second the breakup from akash. he set her free today, she got a heartbreak, probably not to return back again. i guess finally this will kickstart the manyata uday track.

completely agree yaar...todays epi proved its always manveer😉
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: ArhainaKaArhaan

NOOO

dun say tis..UV IS D HEROOO cvs knw it dts y dey av ended akashh sho shoonnn in just two dayyysss

keepp tlng CVS who do v want as d herooo n m shure by nw dey knw V WANT UV PRINCE UV AS D HEROO N NOBODY ELSE

I WILL WATCH D DRAMA IF MY HAWTIEPIOE HANDSHUM PRINCE IS D HEROO IF NAH DEN BYE BYE DEK m nah interesed HUHHH

Lol, darling , for me UV is the hero and i don't give a damn about what the creatives think or thought. I don't have any faith in them to portray UV as the hero as they are hell bent on shoving Aakash down our throats and my patience is running out. And i can't wait for things to happen, so its better to leave with good memories. 😳
shena07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

if u quit ur loss...todays epi showed its always manveer...convo in car,uv and manya scenes...etc...here comes maan veer😆